View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 515 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,875 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

and Charizard should of been dragon
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Funny thing is that charizard is the most dragon like.... yeah others look like it (mostly salamence) but man charizard is like the dragon u were always dreamed of as a kid

It's Pokemon... if a fish can become an Octopus anything can happen.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

No, because it's a starter.

I think that it's ridiculous that a starter pokemon isn't allowed to be a dragon. so what?

Would be great if they made gen 7 where all starters final evo's were part dragon. Or make a triangle with it x/dragon, y/ice, z/whaatever type would fit

Quote Originally Posted by dss_live View Post
    I think that it's ridiculous that a starter pokemon isn't allowed to be a dragon. so what?

Would be great if they made gen 7 where all starters final evo's were part dragon. Or make a triangle with it x/dragon, y/ice, z/whaatever type would fit
    It would work in that regard if they were all dragons but one on its own wouldn't work; especially with Charizard, Fire/Dragon. While they aren't completely balanced a lot of the time - Swampert X4 weak to grass for example, they are always super effected by one of the other starters in some way. Even Gen 4 with Empoleon's Steel typing Torterra was still able to do SE damage with ground moves etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mykalriley View Post
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0

I came across this design for the starters final evos I have to admit, its one of my favorites

http://www.pokedit.com/boards/ckfind...by_toppera.png

ooooooh
    I hate that evolution of Froakie, it's just so big and grotesque. Also I want it to be the fastest starter of this generation...or of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    It's Pokemon... if a fish can become an Octopus anything can happen.
    the justification is that it represents the evolution of artillery, so no a frog wouldn't become a dragon

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the justification is that it represents the evolution of artillery, so no a frog wouldn't become a dragon
    that would not make sense. they really have no connection to each other and i would hope that wouldn't happen.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Let's say Fairy-Type is real, and following the Fairy>Dragon rumor.

I'd like it if Fennekin would be Fire/Fairy. It has the elegance and grace to pull it off by looking mystical, yet not Tinkerbell-ish. Foxes are associated with Magic, yes?

It'd have decent type coverage, SE on Steel, Ice, Bug, Grass, Dark, Fighting and Dragon, only being resisted by Fire. Its weaknesses to Poison, Water, Ground and Rock are crippling, but having a Electric-Type Move and Earth Power on it would be a great help to it.

A frog can become a sergeant frog.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Let's say Fairy-Type is real, and following the Fairy>Dragon rumor.

I'd like it if Fennekin would be Fire/Fairy. It has the elegance and grace to pull it off by looking mystical, yet not Tinkerbell-ish. Foxes are associated with Magic, yes?

It'd have decent type coverage, SE on Steel, Ice, Bug, Grass, Dark, Fighting and Dragon, only being resisted by Fire. Its weaknesses to Poison, Water, Ground and Rock are crippling, but having a Electric-Type Move and Earth Power on it would be a great help to it.
    Good speculation, don't know if foxes are associated with magic, not here in the Netherlands i think..
    Foxes are fast, mysterious and smart. So it could work.

Does anybody agrees that pure starters are fine aswell? Yet the designs of this gen just scream for a second type.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    that would not make sense. they really have no connection to each other and i would hope that wouldn't happen.
    yes it does actually
    Remoraid represents guns or revolvers and Octillery represents cannons and tanks.
    I thought everyone knew this by now >.>
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 24th May 2013 at 7:05 PM.

Ask me stupid stuff

yes it does actually
    Remoraid represents missiles and Octillery represents cannons and tanks.
    I thought everyone knew this by now >.>
    I assumed it was because it was an archerfish (which shoots targets with streams of water) combined with a remora. It doesn't look like a missile to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    I assumed it was because it was an archerfish (which shoots targets with streams of water) combined with a remora. It doesn't look like a missile to me.
    my bad, it wasn't a missile. I remember now I will edit it, but the evolution does in fact represent the evolution of arms
    Remoraid is basically just a gun, to be specific a revolver, and Octillery represents other heavy artillery.
    I always mess that one up

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    No, because it's a starter.
    SO...... it still would of been nice if he was Fire/Dragon

like since gf has hidden abilitys.....they might make Hidden types.....for pokemon who are eligable for it
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

SO...... it still would of been nice if he was Fire/Dragon
    Maybe but dragons resist all three starter typings, unless the rest were dragons or ice types (which would only work on grass types dragons) they're a huge imbalance.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Maybe but dragons resist all three starter typings, unless the rest were dragons or ice types (which would only work on grass types dragons) they're a huge imbalance.
    Empoleon was still like that though. Grass was resisted by his steel typing.

Ask me stupid stuff

Empoleon was still like that though. Grass was resisted by his steel typing.
    And yet Torterra got ground typing, keeping that triangle. Dragon is much harder to keep balanced because two out of the three starters would resist ice typing due to being fire/dragon and water/dragon and thus the only way the other starters could fight back is if they all were dragons.

And yet Torterra got ground typing, keeping that triangle. Dragon is much harder to keep balanced because two out of the three starters would resist ice typing due to being fire/dragon and water/dragon and thus the only way the other starters could fight back is if they all were dragons.
    exactly. If they did do something like that, of course they would change the typings, so a triangle still remains.
    I am saying it is always possible for starters to become dragon, but it is highly unlikely that they will do it with these starters

Ask me stupid stuff

I want to either see solid typing or some new triangle that doesn't involve another fire/fighting. Unless they manage to royally mess up every single evolution, it'll be hard to beat these designs as is.
    I'm really hoping that Chespin ends up as a more defensive grass type though instead of the current trend for most (barring Torterra).

That's Captain lead developer to you.

What if Pignite and Emboar get changed to Fire/Fairy?

Got that out of the way I doubt Dragon will ever be a typing on a final evolution starter, even with Fairy's immunity to Dragon.

but blastoise can learn ice type moves so he can still have an advantage over dragon charizard... especially on gen 1 when there wasnt any usefull dragon type move, so even if charizard was dragon blastoise could harm him while char no... anyway thinks are as they are but dont give me the excuse thet they did it for balance cause pokemon is one of the most unbalanced games ever!!
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 24th May 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    but blastoise can learn ice type moves so he can still have an advantage over dragon charizard... especially on gen 1 when there wasnt any usefull dragon type move, so even if charizard was dragon blastoise could harm him while char no... anyway thinks are as they are but dont give me the excuse thet they did it for balance cause pokemon is one of the most unbalanced games ever!!
    Fire resists ice, it'd only hit neutrally.

Fire resists ice, it'd only hit neutrally.
    ahahahah i failed so hard XD.. i totally forgot that!!

Page 515 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast