View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 519 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 12,951 to 12,975 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I wonder how many pokedex entires talk about getting into trouble that aren't dark types? But I still font see how Chespin could be dark, seems weird to me.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Well... My theory for last evos...

Fennekin
    Fire/Dark
    Since Fennec foxes are nocturnal animals, I can clearly see a cuadrupedal, glammazonic, flames-themed fox, with this escense of mystery and eleganza that we can see puoring out Fennekin's ear fluffs (lol) about color schemes, I can see more red, light black, intense orange and some white...

Chespin
    Grass/Steel
    Parting from the idea of a hard chestnut, and discharting Rock type, the "hardest" type I can think of is Steel, I can imagine a hard-shelled knight in its shiny green chestnut armor, with some advanced deffensive system on its back, in the shape of a porcupin's needle-back, but with glances of nature. not all steel types have to be metalic, sylver/gray or robotic like.. Mawhile, Lucario, HIRACHI... so... not that crazy for a Chestknight...

and... Froakie (my fav)
    Water/Fighting
    Gamakitchi, Gamatatsu? Naruto's huge sword-wielder toad? so.. apart from that reference, to me, Froakie will be Ninja themed, so Fighting type fits just fine.. Besides Froakie looks like one of those japanese thieves, with gloves, backpack and a knot in its nose, all I can extract from that its the speed, accuracy and lethalness... so... Ninja Toad to me Plee-s!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    2 weaknesses. Grass resists Ground.
    Oh, that's right. So only two weaknesses....

Makes Grass/Steel even better!
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

Hmm fluff in ears, hard shell in back, and foam around its neck. After some thought and look into these starters species they are based on, I think I got a good guess on these starter's typing:
    Fennekin could just be plan old Fire type. I see that some of it features spread from ground to psychic to even dark. I think GF will play it safe and make this one another pure fire type starter.
    And (please don't flame me for this) could it be likely that IF fairy type is real, that Fennekin will be a Fire/Fairy type?
    Chespin on the other hand still leans me to Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock as its description and even actions depict a young learning hero type Pokemon. Many warriors in European history would
    act a bit over confident, and sometimes that lead to their defeat. So maybe we will see a Chespin knight. Hell maybe that knight stature we saw was Chespin's final evo? Just a guess.
    Frokie looks to be a Ninja to me, since Toads are mostly portrayed as fighters or Ninja's in most Japanese pop cultures, I'd expect none less. But I do feel a vibe of a Water/Dark or Water/Fighting type
    to play in. Hell my friends even think will will see a Water/Poison type.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Knowing gamefreak th final evolutions might not even be dual-typed. All of this speculation of Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (Just using as exmaples) and all we get are basic elemental starters.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Hmm fluff in ears, hard shell in back, and foam around its neck. After some thought and look into these starters species they are based on, I think I got a good guess on these starter's typing:
    Fennekin could just be plan old Fire type. I see that some of it features spread from ground to psychic to even dark. I think GF will play it safe and make this one another pure fire type starter.
    And (please don't flame me for this) could it be likely that IF fairy type is real, that Fennekin will be a Fire/Fairy type?
    Chespin on the other hand still leans me to Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock as its description and even actions depict a young learning hero type Pokemon. Many warriors in European history would
    act a bit over confident, and sometimes that lead to their defeat. So maybe we will see a Chespin knight. Hell maybe that knight stature we saw was Chespin's final evo? Just a guess.

Frokie looks to be a Ninja to me, since Toads are mostly portrayed as fighters or Ninja's in most Japanese pop cultures, I'd expect none less. But I do feel a vibe of a Water/Dark or Water/Fighting type
    to play in. Hell my friends even think will will see a Water/Poison type.

You just wrote the same I posted before your post hehehe so, I wouldnt disagree with u... At first I said, "Froakie.. hum.. Water/Poison" cuz I saw a dart frog in my backyard some time ago (I live too near the Amazon) it was blue, white, black and with yellow eyes, so froakie-ish.. by then, there wasnt any x y news, so I didnt gave it relevance.. but.. well.. I'll rather a Water/Fighting Konoha-Senin Frog! hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Hell my friends even think will will see a Water/Poison type.
    It could be...

Froakie: water/poison
    Fennekin: fire/fairy
    Chespin: grass/dragon
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Now that everyone's guessed every possible secondary type each of the 6th gen starters have, I'd like to propose the idea that maybe they're just going to be Grass, Fire, & Water. And personally, I'd be quite content with that (Although, I'm hoping they do have secondary types).
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

Quote Originally Posted by Volitide View Post
    Now that everyone's guessed every possible secondary type each of the 6th gen starters have, I'd like to propose the idea that maybe they're just going to be Grass, Fire, & Water. And personally, I'd be quite content with that (Although, I'm hoping they do have secondary types).
    Pure types would be fine by me. It would be the first time since Gen II that it has happened as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I really like this starter trio. At first look, Fennekin was my favorite, but soon, Chespin became the one I like the most.
    They all have a great design, especially Chespin, with its colors and head.
    Fennekin is cute and it is great to have a fox Pokemon as a starter, I think.
    Froakie is also very adorable I think, with its big eyes. It looks kinda fun too.

I'm really looking forward to their evolutions. About Chespin, I think that Grass/Rock could be possible, since its colors indicates, that it could have something to do with the Ground. It's head also looks like it could turn out to be a shield. Also, as shown in the pre-release picture, it learns rollout very early, and Grass/Rock would also be a new type combo for a starter Pokemon.

Like many others, I can imagine Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic. I don't really have a clue about Froakie. Perhaps just pure Water.
    In fact, they can all 3 turn out to be single types, like Chikorita' Cyndaquil and Totodile were.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    I'm really looking forward to their evolutions. About Chespin, I think that Grass/Rock could be possible, since its colors indicates, that it could have something to do with the Ground. It's head also looks like it could turn out to be a shield. Also, as shown in the pre-release picture, it learns rollout very early, and Grass/Rock would also be a new type combo for a starter Pokemon.
    About Chespin, take a look back at Tepig:
    - Red/Orange and Black are its primary colors: Did it become a Dark-type? Nope.
    - Tepig got to learn Rollout very early in its moveset as well: Did it become a Rock-type? Nope.
    - Tepig learned Smog very early in its moveset: Not a Poison-type either.

Chespin is brown because its based on a hedgehog, and hedgehogs not named Sonic are in fact brown. It's like saying Squirtle could've become Water/Rock because its shell is sandy/brown colored..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    About Chespin, take a look back at Tepig:
    - Red/Orange and Black are its primary colors: Did it become a Dark-type? Nope.
    - Tepig got to learn Rollout very early in its moveset as well: Did it become a Rock-type? Nope.
    - Tepig learned Smog very early in its moveset: Not a Poison-type either.

Chespin is brown because its based on a hedgehog, and hedgehogs not named Sonic are in fact brown. It's like saying Squirtle could've become Water/Rock because its shell is sandy/brown colored..
    No one knows what it will be yet. That's just my personal thought. No one would have guessed Tepig to be another Fighting type, but it did.
    I just think that Grass/Rock for Chespin would be interesting, since it will be something different.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

Trinity League Badges:

Someone might have mentioned this earlier and I might just be late with it (as usual), but I wonder if the brown dot in the back part of Chespin's head means anything? Here:

It weirdly only on the other side of the head - I don't know, could something grow out of it?
    EDIT: When I say "grow out of it", I mean something being visible in Chespin's evolutions of course
    Last edited by Munchy; 27th May 2013 at 3:34 PM.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    Someone might have mentioned this earlier and I might just be late with it (as usual), but I wonder if the brown dot in the back part of Chespin's head means anything? Here:

It weirdly only on the other side of the head - I don't know, could something grow out of it?
    It's probably nothing significant. But yes, it is interesting.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

maybe it'll become bigger and he'll shed the shell when he evolves
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I saw a fanmade Chespin evolution, where a tree was shooting out of it's backhead. Of course it has nothing to do with anything real since it is fanmade, but the idea could be an option with this "dot" on Chespins backhead.

Trinity League Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    I saw a fanmade Chespin evolution, where a tree was shooting out of it's backhead. Of course it has nothing to do with anything real since it is fanmade, but the idea could be an option with this "dot" on Chespins backhead.
    i saw it to but thetree was growing from the top where the little 3 spikes are
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Maybe Chespin will learn Shell Smash
    that would be pretty sick. With Chlorophyll. He'll be the next Omastar.

Quote Originally Posted by ^Cutty^ View Post
    It could be...

Froakie: water/poison
    Fennekin: fire/fairy
    Chespin: grass/dragon
    almost a complete triangle. Dragon isn't SE over poison. But I like that idea

Here's my prediction:

Chespin: Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock with the highest attack, above average defense, and medium speed. Will look like a warrior or knight.
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic or pure Fire with the highest special attack and special defense and lower speed compared to the other 2. Will have a wizardly sort of look.
    Froakie: Water/Fighting, Water/Dark, or Water/Poison with equal stats in both attack and special attack and the highest speed of the 3. Will look like a ninja, thief, or rogue.

Together the 3 of them will cover the 3 basic fantasy classes. If it ends up being kinda like this I'm definitely going to try to get all 3 starters for my play through.

Possibly ancestors of Froakie...?
    LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeUV-93.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    Possibly ancestors of Froakie...?
    LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeUV-93.jpg
    Yes frogs from Zelda are Ancestors of Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    Here's my prediction:

Chespin: Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock with the highest attack, above average defense, and medium speed. Will look like a warrior or knight.
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic or pure Fire with the highest special attack and special defense and lower speed compared to the other 2. Will have a wizardly sort of look.
    Froakie: Water/Fighting, Water/Dark, or Water/Poison with equal stats in both attack and special attack and the highest speed of the 3. Will look like a ninja, thief, or rogue.

Together the 3 of them will cover the 3 basic fantasy classes. If it ends up being kinda like this I'm definitely going to try to get all 3 starters for my play through.
    There's a rumor already and if it's true
    fire/psychic water/fighting grass/dark
    they can't get enough of part fighting starters

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post

EDIT: When I say "grow out of it", I mean something being visible in Chespin's evolutions of course
    All grass starters evolve to grow with a plant on them
    venasaur has the the massive plant, meganium has the plant around it's neck, sceptile has the the seeds and the tail is a plant too, torterra has the forest and serperior has leaves not many but it does
    so the nut thing on it's head will probably be what groes on it
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

I must be the only one who actually likes Froakie the most.
    Something about it just intrigues me...
    IDK. I guess I just always choose the underdogs.
    I'm pretty sure ghosts have left my home because of how terrible my singing abilities are.
    Revelation: I'm saving my family from paranormal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by miles099 View Post
    I must be the only one who actually likes Froakie the most.
    Something about it just intrigues me...
    IDK. I guess I just always choose the underdogs.
    no you're not the only one. Atm my favourite is Froakie as well.

Page 519 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast