View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 520 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I think froakie is swanky too. Totally picking him and hope he gets a second type so very much
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    I think froakie is swanky too. Totally picking him and hope he gets a second type so very much
    It would be interesting if it did. Though atm i think it'll be pure water. I think all the starters will be single typed.

486 people (so far) think Froakie is the best based on the poll.. so no, you are not the only one.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I love Froakie too I love Foxes but im not super keen on Fennec Foxes personally (not my fav type of Fox) and I love Frogs too and feel Froakies going to evolve into something awesome

Heres how it is for me right now
    Froakie
    Fennekin
    Chespin(Unless Chespin evolves into something really awesome he'll be the Tepig of this Gen for me I like him but I like the other two more)

I think Rock or Fighting would work well for Chespin Steel too I get a very Warriorish feeling from him

Fennekin I know Rock would probably be bad for Fennekin but I could see it as Rock or Flying and yes even Psychic but I refuse to acknowledge Fairy Type as a Type until its confirmed I still think Fennekin might go with a Arabic/Egyption theme

Froakie seems like either it'd be Fighting, Flying, Ice, or Electric he doesn't really envok a Dark look he looks like a Gentlemen Boxer or a Fighter of some kind but he coud become a Wizard but that would be so... ironic I guess

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    Someone might have mentioned this earlier and I might just be late with it (as usual), but I wonder if the brown dot in the back part of Chespin's head means anything? Here:

It weirdly only on the other side of the head - I don't know, could something grow out of it?
    EDIT: When I say "grow out of it", I mean something being visible in Chespin's evolutions of course
    Hm. If it is significant, then I think it could be where some of Chespin's (future) spikes could come out, if he's truely a hedgehog.
    Or else a simple gender difference, like Torchic, on the back.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    I love Froakie too I love Foxes but im not super keen on Fennec Foxes personally (not my fav type of Fox) and I love Frogs too and feel Froakies going to evolve into something awesome

Heres how it is for me right now
    Froakie
    Fennekin
    Chespin(Unless Chespin evolves into something really awesome he'll be the Tepig of this Gen for me I like him but I like the other two more)

I think Rock or Fighting would work well for Chespin Steel too I get a very Warriorish feeling from him

Fennekin I know Rock would probably be bad for Fennekin but I could see it as Rock or Flying and yes even Psychic but I refuse to acknowledge Fairy Type as a Type until its confirmed I still think Fennekin might go with a Arabic/Egyption theme

Froakie seems like either it'd be Fighting, Flying, Ice, or Electric he doesn't really envok a Dark look he looks like a Gentlemen Boxer or a Fighter of some kind but he coud become a Wizard but that would be so... ironic I guess
    You could say the foam on his back resembles a swag bag, and would develop through evolutions, meaning he could be a dark type thief-based pokemon?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    You could say the foam on his back resembles a swag bag, and would develop through evolutions, meaning he could be a dark type thief-based pokemon?
    Well if it was a swag bag then Froakie's final evo would be Water/Swag and it would be called the Swaggy Pokémon and be the most swaggenist Pokémon in town.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yes frogs from Zelda are Ancestors of Froakie.
    Link is clearly in the pic. I'm sure he is aware of that. No need to be rude

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well if it was a swag bag then Froakie's final evo would be Water/Swag and it would be called the Swaggy Pokémon and be the most swaggenist Pokémon in town.
    ..please say you are joking and that you do know what swag bag is?

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Rude about what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ..please say you are joking and that you do know what swag bag is?
    Yes, I'm joking. I felt like creating a totally lame type. The Swag-type. Yeah, no.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Is anyone going to try and attempt to get all 3 starters?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I am! lol Lots of work to get all three....
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Aceepting an egg from Lysandre and continuing on to Coumarine City
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, US
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Join the Fire-Type Club, where battles are as intense as the sun's rays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miles099 View Post
    I must be the only one who actually likes Froakie the most.
    Something about it just intrigues me...
    IDK. I guess I just always choose the underdogs.
    I like Froakie a lot. That poll was actually pretty difficult to settle on an answer, for me. Most generations of the game there's usually at least one I like least without any difficulty deciding. But these all look great so far in their youngest forms. My decision on which I like most will be swayed heavily by what their evolutionary forms look like... not to mention their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I will of course, just that I won't use them on my team and instead for Pokémon Dex data (unless Chespin and Froakie's evolutions are decent in battle for use).

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I didn't see anything rude in the reply. Looked to me like he understood my weak attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Yes, the shiny ones.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I like the design of Froakie the best, but I have a feeling that Fennekin will have the best final evo.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

Personally i feel we can't judge the starters probably right now..we just have to wait till the starter evolution come out..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

About their stats, I think Chespin will be physical based with high attack and defense. If it turns out to be Grass/Rock, Leaf Blade and Stone Edge could be nice as dual STAB moves.
    As for Fennekin, I think it will have high S.Atk and Speed, while Froakie will be the bulkiest with equally high base defenses and a great HP stat.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    I like Froakie a lot. That poll was actually pretty difficult to settle on an answer, for me. Most generations of the game there's usually at least one I like least without any difficulty deciding. But these all look great so far in their youngest forms. My decision on which I like most will be swayed heavily by what their evolutionary forms look like... not to mention their attacks.
    i know what you mean this gen is a hard one for picking a starter, but some gens for me to pick one were hard. all starters were awesome in g1 but picked charander, cyndaquil was an easy choice in g2, I always picked fire starters but g3 treecko was too awesome, again chimchar was too amazing not to be picked, I was torn between snivy and tepig then I saw the evolutions and tepig was the choice, but now there's chespin and fennekin (I don't like froakie and still haven't picked a water starter) but I can't pick a starter yet until I've seen evolutions
    oh and I'm pretty sure chespin is based on a squirrel
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    Completely.

Even if I will pick Froakie first, it's for sure I'll have a second or a third run and try the three.

I haven't exactly thought too in depth about what I currently expect the starters' evolutions to look like as they progress. I know for sure I'm choosing Chespin (alliterationnn!), so obviously I'm more worried about how it turns out. I have this horrible feeling that he'll get incredibly bulky like Venusaur/Meganium(sorta?)/Torterra were. I like the lithe look that the Treecko line carried. But, we can't always have everything we want. I'm sure GF will excel with Chespin's evolutions and I'll be quite satisfied. I'd be pleased with a physical attacker sporting useful defense and moderate speed. Or even if it were slightly slow, good bulk to it in a Swampert kind of way would be acceptable, so long as that Attack is hefty.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    i know what you mean this gen is a hard one for picking a starter, but some gens for me to pick one were hard. all starters were awesome in g1 but picked charander, cyndaquil was an easy choice in g2, I always picked fire starters but g3 treecko was too awesome, again chimchar was too amazing not to be picked, I was torn between snivy and tepig then I saw the evolutions and tepig was the choice, but now there's chespin and fennekin (I don't like froakie and still haven't picked a water starter) but I can't pick a starter yet until I've seen evolutions
    oh and I'm pretty sure chespin is based on a squirrel
    It's a hedgehog, but I could see where you see that. (:
    Last edited by BayBird; 28th May 2013 at 1:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    About their stats, I think Chespin will be physical based with high attack and defense. If it turns out to be Grass/Rock, Leaf Blade and Stone Edge could be nice as dual STAB moves.
    As for Fennekin, I think it will have high S.Atk and Speed, while Froakie will be the bulkiest with equally high base defenses and a great HP stat.
    I'm quite sure Froakie will be the Infernape of the situation. Spped and attack. You know it can learn quick attack and jump over three floors..

What if froakie become water/Poison
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Page 520 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast