View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 521 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post

It's a hedgehog, but I could see where you see that. (:
    how is it a hedgehog? if anything cyndaquil is a hedgehog I mean cynaquil and quilava but yeah it's a rat
    regardless I just don't see how chespin is a hedgehog but maybe it'll be more like one when it evolves actually if it does then it'll have to be more awesome than sceptile and better than fennekin or my choice will (for the 5th time) be fire
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    how is it a hedgehog? if anything cyndaquil is a hedgehog I mean cynaquil and quilava but yeah it's a rat
    regardless I just don't see how chespin is a hedgehog but maybe it'll be more like one when it evolves actually if it does then it'll have to be more awesome than sceptile and better than fennekin or my choice will (for the 5th time) be fire
    Chespin's Japanese name is a pun of Hedgehog. And Cyndaquil is a echidna, actually. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

chespin is a hedgehog

It is most definitely not a squirrel. the name has no matter, also not to mention it's description is reminiscent to that of a hedgehog.

Plus look at the the translations of some of its other names.

Also Chesnut + Pin = Chespin

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    chespin is a hedgehog

It is most definitely not a squirrel. the name has no matter, also not to mention it's description is reminiscent to that of a hedgehog.
    To be honest.. defining feature of hedgehogs are the spikes right?
    Well Chespin doesn't have any? Not too sure whether we can count the things on its head as they are not exactly spiky... Nor do they fulfill the defensive role that real hedgehogs spikes do.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Soooooooooo

Chespinrito has a high possibility of gaining rock as a secondary type upon evolution.

I have a feeling Foxykin will be part dark type upon evolution.

The froakster will probably be part fighting, flying, ice, psychic, or electric. Either of these are possible secondary types for the frog.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    To be honest.. defining feature of hedgehogs are the spikes right?
    Well Chespin doesn't have any? Not too sure whether we can count the things on its head as they are not exactly spiky... Nor do they fulfill the defensive role that real hedgehogs spikes do.
    explain to me how those aren't spikes on his head

I still don't know which one I am going to choose.
    I like froakie, but I have chosen the water starter the past three generations.
    I guess I will have to wait and see how epic thrir final evolutions look.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    explain to me how those aren't spikes on his head
    It is a grass type.. those look like they could be leaves.
    And anyway, even if they were spikes... spikes on head does not = hedgehog.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

When Chespin is batteling, the 'leaves' gets hard and pointy. So, spikes. ^^

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Can we just agree that they are leaf spikes and move on?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

they are spikes though.
    and besides his description also screams hedgehog and i never said that absolutely means he is a hedgehog, but it is a contributing factor. he shows key characteristics of one, and he is a hedgehog. I don't know why this is still a debate

Do you know what else gets hard and pointy?

My Metapod.

His name is CHES-PIN. The green hoodie he looks to be wearing is clearly based on the outer-shell of a chestnut and with Pin being in his name to, it just reinforces them to be spikes - his orange tipped tail also lending itself to the outer-shell of a chestnuts stalk like thingy... I would not be surprised if the creature he is based on has pin/spike/point like features (or even potentially loses the outer shell in the end. (perhaps using it as a weapon/shield/detachable Armour...though that is very Oshawott of the species - but it's not like Osha has dibbs on the idea..)

@Hankka
    But, what I meant was that they ARE leaf spikes...

@Zorocario
    Not sure if it's suppose to be "pointy". You poor man. D:

For some of you that haven't seen this (I believe it was posted in this thread at some point), take a look. The chinkapin plant. An evergreen species that can be found in Japan. The nut resembles an acorn and chestnut. Why, hello there. Very interesting stuff. (: And, of course, the name chinkapin is incredibly close to Chespin. Both the beginning and end of Chespin's name.

I suppose I don't have to answer your question since everyone else hopped on it. :S The Japanese name and other foreign names refer to it being a hedgehog. And... It looks like it. Simple enough.

alright so I guess it's a hedgehog but you have to admit it looks a liittle like a squirrel right?
    And yes I was right along cyndaquil is like a hedgehog too, earlier this year bulbapedia said all the fire starters are from their zodiac charmander - dragon cyndaquil - rat torchic - rooster (or chicken) chimchar - monkey tepig - pig but it's wrong! And grass starters were all reptile thank Arceus they changed it to a mammal for once

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Do you know what else gets hard and pointy?

My Metapod.
    Oh, for a second I thought you were gonna say your penis...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Chespin's Japanese name is a pun of Hedgehog. And Cyndaquil is a echidna, actually. ^^
    Oh Lord... I sense a Pokémon/Sonic game coming...

Chespin = Sonic
    Cyndaquil = Knuckles
    Buizel = Tails
    Eggman = Togepi, of course :3 (or Chansey)

Genius.

Seriously, though, I think it would be good if the starters all evolved into something related to France. I don't know much about France mythology/French culture, so I won't be putting forward any ideas on this. Maybe Froakie's evo could be Water/Ghost with its back becoming a clear, gassy cloud and its legs also becoming clear.
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

Chespin is a hedgehog. Its other names refer to it being a hedgehog, so you can't necessarily always use the English name to determine the etymology of the Pokémon. Use the Japanese.

Taken from Bulbapedia:
    Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut).

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    I like Froakie a lot. That poll was actually pretty difficult to settle on an answer, for me. Most generations of the game there's usually at least one I like least without any difficulty deciding. But these all look great so far in their youngest forms. My decision on which I like most will be swayed heavily by what their evolutionary forms look like... not to mention their attacks.
    I LOVE Froakie too...! Im a Grass-type freaky, but.. this time, Froakie's expressionless face touched my heart, since Im basically a oblivious man, he looks like the pokemon to me. I may not even evolve it! I just like that "Freakie"

In one of the latest screenshots you can see chespin's hat with those leaves all spiky and porcupinish...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Region View Post
    I LOVE Froakie too...! Im a Grass-type freaky, but.. this time, Froakie's expressionless face touched my heart, since Im basically a oblivious man, he looks like the pokemon to me. I may not even evolve it! I just like that "Freakie"
    Yes I love froakie too and his animation that we have see in the trailers has looked freakin' adorible!

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Region View Post
    In one of the latest screenshots you can see chespin's hat with those leaves all spiky and porcupinish...
    we have seen that since the first trailer...

I find it weird that all everyone says is they're picking froakie but in the poll fennekin's winning by a landslide
    for me I haven't voted but that's because I can't decide chespin or Fennekin?

Page 521 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast