View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 522 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 13,026 to 13,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    I find it weird that all everyone says is they're picking froakie but in the poll fennekin's winning by a landslide
    for me I haven't voted but that's because I can't decide chespin or Fennekin?
    That's because the only ones left on this page right now is us die hard Froakie fans. Sure people love Fennekin and chespin but us Froakie fans are crazy dedicated (or just crazy)

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

I can't decide. Froakie or Fennekin. I need help! They are both awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I can't decide. Froakie or Fennekin. I need help! They are both awesome!
    Chespin...

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    To be honest.. defining feature of hedgehogs are the spikes right?
    Well Chespin doesn't have any? Not too sure whether we can count the things on its head as they are not exactly spiky... Nor do they fulfill the defensive role that real hedgehogs spikes do.
    But the dex entry for Chespin says that it hardens the spikes on its back, so..?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    I still don't know which one I am going to choose.
    I like froakie, but I have chosen the water starter the past three generations.
    I guess I will have to wait and see how epic their final evolutions look.
    You've chosen Piplup? Iew!/sarcasm...

Mčh, without kidding, these were my choices I can remember for initial playthroughs:
    - Kanto: Can't remember.. Must've been Charmander or Bulbasaur.
    - Johto: Decided to trade with a buddy in order to get the full set, which left me with Chikorita as the 'official' starter, and my rival with a Cyndaquil, though I used my Cynda&Totodile more.
    - Hoenn: Never had a GBA, but I had an emulator on PC, which meant that it didn't really matter which I chose, I could just GameShark the ones I didn't pick, hence, I had the full set, but I remember using Torchic the most, eventhough I remember having quite an awesome Swampert and Sceptile as well.
    - Sinnoh: Had an DS, had buddies to trade with, hence, I took Chimchar and Turtwig as my starters, with Turtwig being the official one. Meaning my game was devoid of Piplup for most of it.
    - Unova: Oshawott. But managed to trade a Snivy and Tepig over, which became more prominent members on my team, while Seismitoad took over from Samurott eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Seriously, though, I think it would be good if the starters all evolved into something related to France. I don't know much about France mythology/French culture, so I won't be putting forward any ideas on this. Maybe Froakie's evo could be Water/Ghost with its back becoming a clear, gassy cloud and its legs also becoming clear.
    Like how Emboar, Serperior and Samurott had anything to do with American culture? No. Serperior was based off French royalty, Emboar based off the hog in Chinese literature, and Samurott was based off Japanese Samurai.

I don't want a France overload. Yes, designwise, I'm fine with the map and the residents looking a bit more French, but the designs should remain universally inspired.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'm planning on having all three starters on one of my teams (at different evolutionary stages) for one of my main teams, which is something I haven't wanted to do since generation ii

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Staying up late at night trying to figure out what Team Flare's planning, though my friends think I'm obsessed
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    But the dex entry for Chespin says that it hardens the spikes on its back, so..?

I see no spikes on its back..? The only ones on show are the ones on its head and they do not seem that pointy.

However, if you do mean the head ones, as it was mentioned to stiffen them, then I do not think that is all that hedgehog like.. (As many animals have spikes on their heads)

But okay, I will accept that many people think it is a hedgehog and that it may indeed be one!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

alright so I guess it's a hedgehog but you have to admit it looks a liittle like a squirrel right?
    And yes I was right along cyndaquil is like a hedgehog too, earlier this year bulbapedia said all the fire starters are from their zodiac charmander - dragon cyndaquil - rat torchic - rooster (or chicken) chimchar - monkey tepig - pig but it's wrong! And grass starters were all reptile thank Arceus they changed it to a mammal for once
    No, Cyndaquil is not a hedgehog. It is shape of an echidna and posted as a fire mouse.

I'm probably going to get X AND Y in English, and then one of the two in Japanese, Spanish or German (to increase the chances of breeding shiny eggs, and I actually know a little of each of those three languages. lol) Then each starter can be represented.

Has anyone noticed that Pancham and Chespin look like they could be from Happy Tree Friends? lol
    Last edited by elfrings; 29th May 2013 at 1:20 AM.

I see no spikes on its back..? The only ones on show are the ones on its head and they do not seem that pointy.

However, if you do mean the head ones, as it was mentioned to stiffen them, then I do not think that is all that hedgehog like.. (As many animals have spikes on their heads)

But okay, I will accept that many people think it is a hedgehog and that it may indeed be one!
    Miltank is said to have fur, but the fur isn't readily visible.
    Altaria shows no feathers. The argument is invalid. He still has spikes down his back.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    I'm probably going to get X AND Y in English, and then one of the two in Japanese, Spanish or German (to increase the chances of breeding shiny eggs, and I actually know a little of each of those three languages. lol) Then each starter can be represented.

Has anyone noticed that Pancham and Chespin look like they could be from Happy Tree Friends? lol
    Good luck with that because the 3DS is region locked and you would need multiple 3DS from different regions.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Miltank is said to have fur, but the fur isn't readily visible.
    Altaria shows no feathers. The argument is invalid. He still has spikes down his back.
    Altaria has 5 tail feathers, two feathers on its head and the cloud-like wings are white feathers?
    As for the miltank.. you got me, but fur is barely ever shown on pokemon, you just kinda assume they have it.

And I am gonna assume you are joking about Chespin still having spikes on its back

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

And I am gonna assume you are joking about Chespin still having spikes on its back
    Who says it doesn't? It very well could. They're probably just not visible just like fur and could possibly grow out when it evolves.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Okay, head ones.. And I should admit that I was a bit iffed about it myself. The Japanese name very much directly links to hedgehogs. Species names might be inaccurate (Blastoise =/= Shellfish), but the Japanese names are more often clear about what it is supposed to be.

Altaria has 5 tail feathers, two feathers on its head and the cloud-like wings are white feathers?
    As for the miltank.. you got me, but fur is barely ever shown on pokemon, you just kinda assume they have it.

Probably, I just guessed on the back/head part.. I was winging it.. yet I have no feathers! :O
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Good luck with that because the 3DS is region locked and you would need multiple 3DS from different regions.
    Must just be 3DS GAMES which are locked, not the 3DS itself. Because I've been having no problem at all playing Japanese DS games on my American 3DS.
    Why would they put the lock back on after making a big deal about removing it?

I find it weird that all everyone says is they're picking froakie but in the poll fennekin's winning by a landslide
    for me I haven't voted but that's because I can't decide chespin or Fennekin?
    I haven't voted and decided yet... but definitely not Fennekin...
    I mean I think Im gonna buy two versions so it'll be probably Chespin n Froakie...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

That's exactly what I am getting at, it's there, we're just supposed to assume it is.

whyyyy would I be joking about that exactly?

Ask me stupid stuff

Chespin having spikes on its back is definitely plausible personally. If I remember no one suspected the Scalchop on Oshawott's body was actually used as a weapon when first revealed or thought it meant nothing.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 29th May 2013 at 3:05 AM.

That's exactly what I am getting at, it's there, we're just supposed to assume it is.

whyyyy would I be joking about that exactly?

Well the spikes are clearly not visible on chespins back when stationary in battle, nor were they brought out when it used its attack... There is nothing pointing to it being able to protrude spikes from its back.

Yes, you could give the whole "well they haven't said that it can't produce spikes from its back", but really? Gamefreak haven't said that magmar doesn't have wings, but we know it doesn't.

I agree, it could happen, I just think it is unlikely for Chespin.

Well the spikes are clearly not visible on chespins back when stationary in battle, nor were they brought out when it used its attack... There is nothing pointing to it being able to protrude spikes from its back.
    I did say it doesn't have to be visible. Miltank's fur doesn't shoot out in different directions when it attacks, does that mean it doesn't have fur?

Yes, you could give the whole "well they haven't said that it can't produce spikes from its back", but really? Gamefreak haven't said that magmar doesn't have wings, but we know it doesn't.
    I never said that little quote and I wouldn't, because it's a stupid argument and completely irrelevant.

I agree, it could happen, I just think it is unlikely for Chespin.
    why is it unlikely exactly? It does say after all that it has spikes on it in it's description. So it has come straight from GF, so it's safe to say that Chespin has spikes.

Ask me stupid stuff

I did say it doesn't have to be visible. Miltank's fur doesn't shoot out in different directions when it attacks, does that mean it doesn't have fur?

I never said that little quote and I wouldn't, because it's a stupid argument and completely irrelevant.

why is it unlikely exactly? It does say after all that it has spikes on it in it's description. So it has come straight from GF, so it's safe to say that Chespin has spikes.

Most pokemon don't show fur, but through the generations we have established that we are just meant to accept that they do have it. (Probably laziness on their part)

Yes, chespin has spikes.. on it head.
    The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details. <-- That is all that was on Chespin on the Pokemon website, no mention of spikes though?

Chespin, the Chestnut Pokemon, is covered by a hard shell on its head and back that it uses to protect itself from attacks. It is able to make the spikes on its head shell sharper by focusing its energy. It knows Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, and Rollout. <--- From Corocoro(?) and only mention them on the head.

o.k if you don't agree with this then you're stupid and read this 3 times so you get exactly what i'm saying before you reply with something stupid that I clearly didn't mean
    Chespin might have spikes but you can't see them cuz they could be cactus spikes short spiky and can't be seen head on
    these spikes that might exist would grow on evolution
    if you reply with something that I didn't mean I'll correct and tell you to read it again!
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

o.k if you don't agree with this then you're stupid and read this 3 times so you get exactly what i'm saying before you reply with something stupid that I clearly didn't mean
    Chespin might have spikes but you can't see them cuz they could be cactus spikes short spiky and can't be seen head on
    these spikes that might exist would grow on evolution
    if you reply with something that I didn't mean I'll correct and tell you to read it again!
    Exactly. We have no way of knowing what Chespin can or can't do, especially when it's evolutions haven't even been revealed.

I really do hope the evolutions and their types get announced soon. There is a good chance that the spikes on Chespin's head will grow on evolution. Maybe grows all over the back and it can hide itself into a ball much like a hedgehog or something... This is all conjecture since we have nothing to go on...

I think at E3 they will announce a few new pokemon and maybe release stater evos I mean E3 is about halfway to the realease and would be an excellent way to show of the evolution animation for pokemon X and Y.

Chespin do have spikes. They are clearly visable on his head. Only, they are only spikes when he's batteling, apparantly (as seen on the main Pkmn site). ^^ I think you can also see them get sharp when he attacks in the trailers.

I've yet to see fire from Fennekin's ears, though.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 522 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast