View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 523 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,075 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

So hopefully we can have a better idea on what they final formes will be if they show them off.
    My only personal hope is that Froakie won't become water/Flying I don't really like that typing because its been used alot and I thinks there are better typings for a starter (Water/Electric or Water/Dark are my personal hopes) other than that I'm fine with what we are given.
    (Unless fennekin is fire/fighting)

It has got spikes I don't know why people don't think it has. Chestnuts have spiky shells but to be fair it does say Chespin is the shelled chestnut pokemon so if we really wanted to be technical it doesn't really have spikes because the inside of chestnuts are smooth but it's design clearly says it has spikes.
    Last edited by Wulava; 29th May 2013 at 2:49 PM. Reason: Double-post

While many Pokemon have hidden features I really doubt Chespin has spikes on its back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Most pokemon don't show fur, but through the generations we have established that we are just meant to accept that they do have it. (Probably laziness on their part)

Yes, chespin has spikes.. on it head.
    The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details. <-- That is all that was on Chespin on the Pokemon website, no mention of spikes though?

Chespin, the Chestnut Pokemon, is covered by a hard shell on its head and back that it uses to protect itself from attacks. It is able to make the spikes on its head shell sharper by focusing its energy. It knows Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, and Rollout. <--- From Corocoro(?) and only mention them on the head.
    This is the main reason. The fact that they only mention that its head spikes can become sharper nearly excludes the idea of it having spikes on its back. Besides, most new Pokemon with such features show them of in their moving sprite (5th gen), or 3D figure (6th)now. Chespin haven't shown any spikes on its back while stationary, while attacking or while being hit.
    Last edited by Endless; 29th May 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Actually, you can see just barely that the spikes gets sharp when he attacks (seen easiest in the first trailer, when he uses Solar Beam, I think). And we've seen his back, and there's no visible spikes there.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Look at chespin's back from the side and you'll have the answer, no spikes on his back so stop saying there are spikes on it is just stupid there aren't even stuble spikes so spikes for his back could happen but isn't on chespin. The spikes on it's head are leaves but that's the point leaf spikes so can we put this to rest. No back spikes, leaf spikes on his head got it
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

... Yeah. Spikes on his head.

Anyways, Fennekin apparantly shoots fire from his ears. Does it mean that, the fire attacks actually comes from the ears, or just that his ear hair (lol) lits up when attacking, like Blaziken's wrists? I'd guess the second, personally.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    Look at chespin's back from the side and you'll have the answer, no spikes on his back so stop saying there are spikes on it is just stupid there aren't even stuble spikes so spikes for his back could happen but isn't on chespin. The spikes on it's head are leaves but that's the point leaf spikes so can we put this to rest. No back spikes, leaf spikes on his head got it
    you don't know that though. And just saying it's stupid doesn't make it anymore "impossible"
    Like said before, Miltank has fur but it isn't visible. It isn't "stupid" it is very plausible. Come down from your high chair.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

So today were arguing about Chespin????
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    So today were arguing about Chespin????
    Looks like it. But let's change that. Let's complain about how Fennekin should be deaf with all that ear-hair. :3

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Looks like it. But let's change that. Let's complain about how Fennekin should be deaf with all that ear-hair. :3
    He might have some attack relating to it :P

with such big ears might have alot of wax witch would be flamable witch could cause his ears to shoot out fire.....
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    He might have some attack relating to it :P

with such big ears might have alot of wax witch could cause his ears to shoot out fire.....
    Oh, flamable ear-wax! I'm liking Fennekin more and more~ XD

I wonder what bodypart will be on fire for the next Fire Starter...

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    you don't know that though. And just saying it's stupid doesn't make it anymore "impossible"
    Like said before, Miltank has fur but it isn't visible. It isn't "stupid" it is very plausible. Come down from your high chair.
    I'm not saying it's impossible when I say stupid I'm just saying from the side you'd see spikes if they were there, on miltank you wouldn't see hair, but with spikes being long and spiky you'd see them from the side and 14 I don't need a high chair I need bloody a blimp

As for fennekin the hair in it's ears are probably like wicks you find in candles and burn but we all know flamethrower will came from the mouth like always and it couldn't use ears for attacks he'd have to turn what pokemon turns in the animation bit, feroseed turns alot actually

I'm not saying it's impossible when I say stupid I'm just saying from the side you'd see spikes if they were there, on miltank you wouldn't see hair, but with spikes being long and spiky you'd see them from the side and [I'm] 14 I don't need a high chair I need bloody a blimp
    That's not what the phrase "Come down from your high chair" means. He/she was just saying get off your high horse. Stop throwing around the word stupid or saying something absolutely cannot be something. Not a high chair for a toddler. /:

Though saying you're 14 doesn't help much either with the whole high chair stuff...

I know what they meant I was joking around obviously I shouldn't have said that but I say stupid because if I go worse I'm gonna get banned (not saying I've had a warning cuz I haven't had a warning)

Oh, flamable ear-wax! I'm liking Fennekin more and more~ XD

I wonder what bodypart will be on fire for the next Fire Starter...
    I'd love to see a tiger based as a starter. Seeing (from DidYouKnowGaming, most of the fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac.
    My guess its teeth will be in flames!
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    I'd love to see a tiger based as a starter. Seeing (from DidYouKnowGaming, most of the fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac.
    My guess its teeth will be in flames!
    Indeed, a Tiger would be awesome. But I'm still longing for a bipedal Lion with a mane of Fire. It's so obvious, yet so awesome<3

But, this isn't for discussing future starters. ^^ Fennekin is good for now. Except for how very tiny it's body is...

Indeed, a Tiger would be awesome. But I'm still longing for a bipedal Lion with a mane of Fire. It's so obvious, yet so awesome<3

But, this isn't for discussing future starters. ^^ Fennekin is good for now. Except for how very tiny it's body is...
    Well the air coming fron the ears is 200 degrees Celcius.
    Do maybe that fluffy red thingy could become flames later?

see the difference here is that if you look at a cow in real life you can't really see by looking at it that it's covered in fur like miltank but if you look at a hedgehog in real life you can clearly see spikes but none on chespin. Chespin is based off of a hedgehog but that does not mean it has all the features of hedgehog. I only see spikes on his head but that doesn't stop him from being a hedgehog so who cares that he doesn't have spikes on his back I'm sure he will when he evolves.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

dude move on we're on about the awesomeness of fennekin not spikes of chespin let...it...go!

I would love a lion or tiger starter cuburn, inferleo, lionitro in my head

Fennekin's ear hair is 200 c damn that's gonna get hotter and definitely gonna flare up. And it's head is too big for it's body new move heavy head raises the defence of the user

dude move on we're on about the awesomeness of fennekin not spikes of chespin let...it...go!

Fennekin's ear hair is 200 c damn that's gonna get hotter and definitely gonna flare up. And it's head is too big for it's body new move heavy head raises the defence of the user
    I like the Lion names! And also you know whats funny, I'm going off on a off topic comparison, but wasn't there a Marvel super villain who had a giant head and his power was mind manipulation or something.
    IDK, it just made me think that Fennekin's over sized head maybe a pun for its powerful mind. Maybe its a play on it's Psychic type? Oh also what you guys think we will see at the E3 Q and A, its only 2 weeks or so away.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:

Ha they probably won't say anything much that we want to hear, or they will just restate what we know about te starters. Hopefully they will give us there second forms, but I highly doubt it
    Last edited by baconrules; 29th May 2013 at 9:37 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I like the Lion names! And also you know whats funny, I'm going off on a off topic comparison, but wasn't there a Marvel super villain who had a giant head and his power was mind manipulation or something.
    IDK, it just made me think that Fennekin's over sized head maybe a pun for its powerful mind. Maybe its a play on it's Psychic type? Oh also what you guys think we will see at the E3 Q and A, its only 2 weeks or so away.
    you could be right about the head and psychic
    as for E3 I'm hoping a new pokemon or more, fairy type?, a new trailer, and by a rumor it said about a mew like form for mewtwo so maybe, and another eeveelution they come in pairs or threes so hopefully another eeveelution oh and the release dates!
    oh and sorry I'm not christian, baconrules, there's only one religion and it's proven and god is known as Arceus yeah my religion is pokemon where I'm sure that no: 666 will be a devil pokemon
    Last edited by firestarter2398; 29th May 2013 at 9:46 PM.

you could be right about the head and psychic
    as for E3 I'm hoping a new pokemon or more, fairy type?, a new trailer, and by a rumor it said about a mew like form for mewtwo so maybe, and another eeveelution they come in pairs or threes so hopefully another eeveelution oh and the release dates!
    My guess sadly is that we won't see the release dates till August or maybe even September. As for another eeveelution I agree, and seeing that if fairy is real, and the rumors are true, I'm judging that this will either be strong against Sylveon or weak. I'm going to say it will be a Dragon type since Fairy is supposedly capable of taking it down (I took a Mythology course in college so I know of stories where fairies have beaten dragons), and the name might be a pun like Slyveon's name is a pun of the word Sylph. Best guess name might be maybe a pun on fafnir based upon the the Norse mythology of France, in which the mythical being Sigurd, son of man and fairy, defeated the dragon before it could cause any harm. It could be noted that Sigurd's mother was a related to Sylphs in a way as well, further providing evidence for a fairy type. I'm sorry for the brief history exam.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:

You need to grow up, and don't ever tell me what to do again keep your child like comments to yourself.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

All the starters' last evolution doesnt HAVE to have a secondary type! I know it shows them using all diffferent types of moves in the trailers. Samurott can learn moves like megahorn, for example, but it isnt bug type!

Anyways, I would chose Fennekin because it's fur looks so glossy! My favorite part is the giant red tufts of fur coming out of its ears! IF Fennekin will have a secondary type, it would have to be either a dark, psychic, or ground(It looks like some sort of sand fox) type. I really like all three, but Fennekin just caught my attention the most.

I'd love to see a tiger based as a starter.
    Problem is we've already got Growlithe & Arcanine. Then again Fennekin seems like a reworked Vulpix so far so always a possibility. I like the sound of the lion one since I don't think we've had a truly leonine pokemon before.

Page 523 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast