View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 524 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 13,076 to 13,100 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'd like to see a Lion pokemon - with a mane... That would be cool. Have we had that yet? I'm going through all 600+ pokemon in my head but can't think of one...

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    you could be right about the head and psychic
    as for E3 I'm hoping a new pokemon or more, fairy type?, a new trailer, and by a rumor it said about a mew like form for mewtwo so maybe, and another eeveelution they come in pairs or threes so hopefully another eeveelution oh and the release dates!
    oh and sorry I'm not christian, baconrules, there's only one religion and it's proven and god is known as Arceus yeah my religion is pokemon where I'm sure that no: 666 will be a devil pokemon
    Nintendo is aiming to release them on October 13. They told me that when I asked them.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    Nintendo is aiming to release them on October 13. They told me that when I asked them.
    I call bullsh**t GF or nintendo never tell us anything we ask
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Problem is we've already got Growlithe & Arcanine. Then again Fennekin seems like a reworked Vulpix so far so always a possibility. I like the sound of the lion one since I don't think we've had a truly leonine pokemon before.
    How's that a problem when Growlithe and Arcanine are clearly dogs and are in no way feline?

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Yeah I always seen Arcanine as a Fu Dog.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

I can agree with seeing a Fire-type lion, but not as a starter. The only issue I could see with that is that I would love to see gender differences at the last stage, which is something that hasn't been done for starters.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Problem is we've already got Growlithe & Arcanine. Then again Fennekin seems like a reworked Vulpix so far so always a possibility. I like the sound of the lion one since I don't think we've had a truly leonine pokemon before.
    ArCANINE is a canine, not a feline. Besides, we already have multiple Pokémon of the same animal species, so there would be no issue with having another lion Pokemon if one already existed.
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    ArCANINE is a canine, not a feline. Besides, we already have multiple Pokémon of the same animal species, so there would be no issue with having another lion Pokemon if one already existed.
    You seem to be forgetting that Pokemon is a Japanese video game series.

And in Japan, where Pokemon comes from, Arcanine is called Windie.

But anyway about THESE starters they all seem like they might stay on the small side, Chespin being the bigest most likely at the end.

* I don't get what Arcanine being named Windie in Japan has anything to do with anything..
    Last edited by Avi604; 30th May 2013 at 12:35 AM.

If anyone is going to end up being big, it'll most likely be Froakie or Chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    But anyway about THESE starters they all seem like they might stay on the small side, Chespin being the bigest most likely at the end.

* I don't get what Arcanine being named Windie in Japan has anything to do with anything..
    According to Bulbagarden it's just to reflect that it's fast.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    If anyone is going to end up being big, it'll most likely be Froakie or Chespin.
    I am hoping Froakie is a little more then 3 feet like Infernape, but yeah Chespin is the big daddy tank this gen IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    How so? Are you talking about aesthetics or competition?

Personally, I can see Froakie and Fennekin both ending up big in aesthetics, while Chespin looks like it may end up big in competition out of the three.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

lolipiece was just saying that Arcanine's name doesn't mean it's 100%CANINEOMG just because its name is Arcanine. When the creators of the damn game are, gasp, Japanese! Arcanine bears resemblance to the Chinese fu dog, which is based on a LION.

I don't see why people think all freaking Pokemon are one animal and one animal alone. Especially based off of names. English names, at that. It's incredibly disappointing to see users think they are so spot on to prove something. Ugh.
    Last edited by BayBird; 30th May 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    lolipiece was just saying that Arcanine's name doesn't mean it's 100%CANINEOMG just because its name is Arcanine. When the creators of the damn game are, gasp, Japanese! Arcanine bears resemblance to the Chinese fu dog, which is based on a LION.

I don't see why people think all freaking Pokemon are one animal and one animal alone. Especially based off of names. English names, at that. It's incredibly disappointing to see users think they are so spot on to prove something. Ugh.
    Can't tell if being rude, or helpful... lol

*the creators are Japanese...always... huh... ;p

Can't tell if being rude, or helpful... lol

*the creators are Japanese...always... huh... ;p
    I was mainly getting on Gapauchii, sorry. I was quoting you because you asked why lolipiece even mentioned the name Windie.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter2398 View Post
    oh and sorry I'm not christian, baconrules, there's only one religion and it's proven and god is known as Arceus yeah my religion is pokemon where I'm sure that no: 666 will be a devil pokemon
    First, baconrules had the Christian bit in his/her signature. And you comment on it in a Pokemon thread? Religion, really? And, secondly, if you're not a Christian and there's only one religion, the number 666 would have no significance to your Pokemon religion. Because 666 is associated with Christianity, which you don't believe. So I'm not sure what the point of that tidbit was.
    Last edited by BayBird; 30th May 2013 at 12:57 AM.

I was mainly getting on Gapauchii, sorry. I was quoting you because you asked why lolipiece even mentioned the name Windie.

First, baconrules had the Christian bit in his/her signature. And you comment on it in a Pokemon thread? Religion, really? And, secondly, if you're not a Christian and there's only one religion, the number 666 would have no significance to your Pokemon religion. Because 666 is associated with Christianity, which you don't believe. So I'm not sure what the point of that tidbit was.
    I was just giving you a hard time

I was just giving you a hard time
    You're cool haha.

~So something I've noticed is the lack of people speculating pure types for the starters evos this gen. Normally I would think it foolish to not give pure Water/Fire/Grass some thought, but... Water and Grass have had pure typings 3 out of 5 generations while Fire has had it just once. One time have Fire starter fans had to deal with the pure typing. I'm not the biggest fan, just because of the type I prefer. Grass is my favorite typing. And almost always another type given to it helps to negate some weaknesses. Or at least give it another STAB. Fire, on the other hand, just ends up being an offensive powerhouse every time around and gets another typing. Though, I suppose I can't whine too much about it when it has seen Fire/Fighting three times in a row now haha.

Back to starters,
    I'd imagine this set of starters to not balance each other out, unlike popular non-veteran demand.

It's okay if Chespin is Grass/Rock and Fennekin is Pure Fire, or Grass/Fighting and Fire/Dark respectively, but the point of starters is to have someone better than you.
    'Someone will always be better than you, and that's okay.' is the point of having a rival human and a rival Pokémon because that stresses the point of becoming better than your rival. (Well, Geno, the fifth gen rivals weren't THAT difficult.)

Yeah I see Fennekin as the most likely to be pure type IMO. I can see how people see pyschic type too but the fire starters to need their turn being pure as well. I know the rumors and all but Chespin looks to cute and inocent to be dark type, I like grass/rock myself for his typing. Froakie is my starter for sure and type wise I think it will be water/fighting but I can also see maybe water/dark.

Yeah I see Fennekin as the most likely to be pure type IMO. I can see how people see pyschic type too but the fire starters to need their turn being pure as well. I know the rumors and all but Chespin looks to cute and inocent to be dark type, I like grass/rock myself for his typing. Froakie is my starter for sure and type wise I think it will be water/fighting but I can also see maybe water/dark.
    While it looks cute doesn't mean it can't change personality upon evolution. If I'm right Chespin has a personality that gets itself in trouble at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Back to starters,
    I'd imagine this set of starters to not balance each other out, unlike popular non-veteran demand.

It's okay if Chespin is Grass/Rock and Fennekin is Pure Fire, or Grass/Fighting and Fire/Dark respectively, but the point of starters is to have someone better than you.
    'Someone will always be better than you, and that's okay.' is the point of having a rival human and a rival Pokémon because that stresses the point of becoming better than your rival. (Well, Geno, the fifth gen rivals weren't THAT difficult.)
    Veteran? Sorry to say but your opinion on starter types should be has nothing to do with how long you've played the series.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    While it looks cute doesn't mean it can't change personality upon evolution. If I'm right Chespin has a personality that gets itself in trouble at times.
    I wondered about that, how many none dark types pokedex entries state that they get into touble? But that face... it's so cute. I mean Mawile is claimed to be deceptive and isn't a dark type but I don't know.... and look at Chespins face it's so cute.. I really can't tell lol.

~So something I've noticed is the lack of people speculating pure types for the starters evos this gen. Normally I would think it foolish to not give pure Water/Fire/Grass some thought, but... Water and Grass have had pure typings 3 out of 5 generations while Fire has had it just once. One time have Fire starter fans had to deal with the pure typing. I'm not the biggest fan, just because of the type I prefer. Grass is my favorite typing. And almost always another type given to it helps to negate some weaknesses. Or at least give it another STAB. Fire, on the other hand, just ends up being an offensive powerhouse every time around and gets another typing. Though, I suppose I can't whine too much about it when it has seen Fire/Fighting three times in a row now haha.
    You know, Fire being more of a Stall-Tank than attacker tank would bring some spice to the Fire type (puns, Geno!).

Bulky fire Pokémon are already rare in general, so having a bulky Fire starter with better defensive stats whilst maintaining a powerfully wide movepool would be really interesting!

Now that I look back, I chose Fennekin on the survey. Now I wish i could go back and choose Froakie or Chespin because they seem like much more interesting concepts.

Well, frogs and foxes are over done too much... so Chespin somewhat motivates me to choose it...
    And I don't think its final evo would be so big...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Page 524 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast