View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 549 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I hope Froakie doesn't become a Dark Type or Bulky I want a light fast mixed attacker for Froakie with either Fighting or Flying as the second Type

Has anybody considered that the Psychic like attack Fennekin used might actually be a Fairy Type attack? My reason for thinking so is we've have a moon based fairy move and a wind based fairy move so who's to say what Fennekin used wasn't a fairy tyoe move that looked alot like a psychic type move? I could see Fennekin becoming a Fire/ Fairy type lol a Faefox

Chespin I just don't see being a dark type I see fighting, rock, or steel but I was wrong about there being no fairy type and we do only have one grass/dark type but im still unsure

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    I hope Froakie doesn't become a Dark Type or Bulky I want a light fast mixed attacker for Froakie with either Fighting or Flying as the second Type

Has anybody considered that the Psychic like attack Fennekin used might actually be a Fairy Type attack? My reason for thinking so is we've have a moon based fairy move and a wind based fairy move so who's to say what Fennekin used wasn't a fairy tyoe move that looked alot like a psychic type move? I could see Fennekin becoming a Fire/ Fairy type lol a Faefox

Chespin I just don't see being a dark type I see fighting, rock, or steel but I was wrong about there being no fairy type and we do only have one grass/dark type but im still unsure
    I definitely see froakie becoming water/fighting but we'll have to wait and see since they trolled us with oshawott the same way last gen. and as for fennekin, I think fire/fairy would be sick and I could see it happening simply because of the kitsune spirit's mythical origin. otherwise, fire/psychic would fit too.

and as for grass/dark, there's cacturne, nuzleaf, and shiftry off the top of my head so definitely more than one exist but still not very many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Chespin doesn't look like a Dark type coz he isn't. If we get to see the evos before the games released it may be obvious to work out what type they are then.
    Plus I don't see GF making Fennekin evolve into a Fairy type, it would seem really unfair to the other starters.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

This had ac cured to me actually and it would be pretty cool. To be honest I would be happy with it evolving into a dual fairy or dual psychic type.

Froakie won't be bulky, that's something we already know. Unless it has amazingly high defences. His hp will probably be around Sceptile's level. I also give him a 90% chance of being fast, because his hp is already so low and he learns quick attack.

As for the typings, we only have the Mageleif rumors to go by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Froakie won't be bulky, that's something we already know. Unless it has amazingly high defences. His hp will probably be around Sceptile's level. I also give him a 90% chance of being fast, because his hp is already so low and he learns quick attack.

As for the typings, we only have the Mageleif rumors to go by now.
    Personally i beleive that Froakie will be a Speedy Physical Attacker and Chespin will the defensive Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Personally i beleive that Froakie will be a Speedy Physical Attacker and Chespin will the defensive Starter
    I agree, with fennekin being the special based one with higher special attack and special defense stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I can see chespin as grass/ dark when it evolves. My wishlist:

Chespin: Grass/ Dark or rock
    Fennekin: Fire/ Psychic, ground, or fairy
    Froakie: Water/ Flying, ice, or poison
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Chespin doesn't look like a Dark type coz he isn't. If we get to see the evos before the games released it may be obvious to work out what type they are then.
    Plus I don't see GF making Fennekin evolve into a Fairy type, it would seem really unfair to the other starters.
    And Seedot was too far away from being a Dark type as well?

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

Statistically i think that Chespin's Final Evo will be a mix of Shiftery and Torterra..anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Every starter isn't going to be the best competitive Pokemon obviously. Hell, one of the most iconic starters, Charizard, is shoved into the lowest of the low because of his terrible typing. Besides, Shiftry may be NU like Charizard is, but he has sets that run in the Uber tier, and Charizard doesn't.
    All true enough. I'm still simply hoping that Chespin doesn't prove to be another unfortunate starter in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Hopefully, Chespin has at least a little higher Attack than Defense. Grass already has two defensive starters based on stats (Meganium, Serperior), and I wouldn't want to see a third, or the second one in a row after Serperior for that matter. Something like Swampert is good, with an Attack stat of at least 105. XD And Froakie's speed could sit between Sceptile's and Serperior's....XD
    And you're being generous, too. Until its DW ability was released, Venusaur wasn't exactly out there sweeping it up; it's got such a convenient defensive typing, moveset, and general sturdiness, along with generally poor coverage, that it was better at defensive or supportive roles. And Torterra, despite its huge physical attack stat, was also very defensively and supportively oriented. Sceptile's the only true purely offensive Grass type starter we've had. It'd be refreshing to have our Grass starter this time around manage to be physically offensive by design, and a bit moreso than slow and steady Torterra.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Oops forgot about the Cacturn line but still a very low number of that type combo (also speaking of Cacti has anybody noticed in game Cactnia sounds just like the cacti monsters from the desert area in super mario 64? just thought id drop that in lol)

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Fennekin being a Fire/Fairy type (its evo's I mean) Kitsune's don't have anything to do with Fae other then the basic magical connection (Kitsune's do have more incommon with Ghost Types or Psychic Types) so I even more don't think they are going the Kitsune Route (not all foxes in Japan are Kitsune's Kitsune may mean fox but not all foxes are the Magical Creature kind of Kitsune in japan) I think now they are either going to go with a Fairy Fox theme or do a Djinn theme or even a Fairy Djinn lol

And I see Chespin whatever secondary type he gets being a Attack and Defense oriented battler with low Special Defense, Special Attack, and Speed though it depends Chespin could be Bulky or it could be Light and lean

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Than how about switching your starter out for one of the other 6 pokemon on your team...
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Than how about switching your starter out for one of the other 6 pokemon on your team...
    What would that accomplish?

People keep saying that they want Froakie to evolve into a fast Fighting type. I would love that, but what would it look like? Any ideas?

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

What would that accomplish?
    You wouldn't be at a disadvantage anymore, if my opponent were to send out something like Gliscor against my Heracross, I would just switch out to a different poke.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    All true enough. I'm still simply hoping that Chespin doesn't prove to be another unfortunate starter in that regard.

And you're being generous, too. Until its DW ability was released, Venusaur wasn't exactly out there sweeping it up; it's got such a convenient defensive typing, moveset, and general sturdiness, along with generally poor coverage, that it was better at defensive or supportive roles. And Torterra, despite its huge physical attack stat, was also very defensively and supportively oriented. Sceptile's the only true purely offensive Grass type starter we've had. It'd be refreshing to have our Grass starter this time around manage to be physically offensive by design, and a bit moreso than slow and steady Torterra.
    Unfortunately, peeps here don't like to think so, and I already got into a frustrating argument some pages back with a rather dense newb because I tried to give Chespin a HP stat lower than 100, a Speed stat above 70 and an Atk better than its Def and HP in my theoretical stat spreads. >.< It even involved me showing a picture on how hedgehogs aren't obese and bringing up the possibility that Chespin could have at least average speed.

I honestly want to see a Grass physical or mixed sweeper this time around (Chespin looks more physical though)...as well as a more defensive Fire-type, but many here keep thinking it's implausible on both spectrums "because it's Fire" so high Sp.Def is usually given. >.<

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    People keep saying that they want Froakie to evolve into a fast Fighting type. I would love that, but what would it look like? Any ideas?
    Well I imagined
    A large eyes, slick, skinny sceptile like creature swiftly jumping amount forestry above a swamp
    With foam around its neck and flowing from it

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    You wouldn't be at a disadvantage anymore, if my opponent were to send out something like Gliscor against my Heracross, I would just switch out to a different poke.
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean it would be unfair in battle. I mean why would Fennekin get to be a Fairy and the other 2 not? What makes Fennekin so special?

It would be unfair to any of them if only 1 got it. Which is why I'd find it odd if one of them did.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean it would be unfair in battle. I mean why would Fennekin get to be a Fairy and the other 2 not? What makes Fennekin so special?

It would be unfair to any of them if only 1 got it. Which is why I'd find it odd if one of them did.
    It's just a type.

Charizard is the only flying starter currently, this gives him access to being a more diverse HM slave since he can learn Fly, Strength, Cut, and more, which is kind of unfair but no one complains. Also the water starters can all learn at least one ice type move which gives them an even greater advantage against the other starters but again no one complains.

As said, it's just a type. New, sure, but still, no different from any other type like Electric or Steel or whatever. So it wouldn't really be unfair.
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

I only meant for this Gen. It would just seem a bit unfair if only one got it thats all. Like if Feraligatr was also part Dark. People could say why does it get to be Feraligatr. But I do get what you mean.

Plus I don't see what HM slaves have got to do with it. You don't have to make Charizard a HM slave, but you cant easily get rid of a pokemons type.

Dark is also just a Type, yet people complain that it hasn't had a gym.
    Last edited by Ditto24; 14th June 2013 at 8:27 PM.

Personally, i wouldnt want any of the starters to gain the Fairy type (especially Fennekin) because i feel that if Fairies are to be a counter to Dragons, then they should be just as rare. The player should have to work a little bit to get a good Fairy type pokemon, just like Dragons

Also, thank you adamfitz for the mental image. That would be pretty awesome!
    Last edited by FierceDeity1; 14th June 2013 at 8:57 PM.

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

I'm hope that the final evolutions of these guys are better then the Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott. All three of them were pretty lacking in both stats and move pool.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

is it just me or did chespins cry sound like oshawatts

edit: nvm compared them but i think they sounded slightly similar
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Page 549 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast