View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 554 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I agree, I believe the 3D models will have a TON of animation to launch their attacks correctly. It sure would make watching battles interesting instead of dreading for the animation to be over.
    True, but at the same time GF have been very careful with the moves they've showcased, but some I'm still not a fan of. When Fletchling uses Flame Charge it doesn't touch the pokemon itself so it looks more like a Special attack. Plus I don't like the animation for Crabhammer either coz Clauncher is obviously miles away. But I know i'm being incredibly picky and it's their first time doing a 3D main series game so I'm not too fussed.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    True, but at the same time GF have been very careful with the moves they've showcased, but some I'm still not a fan of. When Fletchling uses Flame Charge it doesn't touch the pokemon itself so it looks more like a Special attack. Plus I don't like the animation for Crabhammer either coz Clauncher is obviously miles away. But I know i'm being incredibly picky and it's their first time doing a 3D main series game so I'm not too fussed.
    I agree, you want for the feature to be completely immersed, but at the same time.. You understand that Game Freak is getting used to software that is pretty much still new/in early stages of learning how to use it.

Great! More crappy starters!

A grass-type Pachirisu

A politoed that apparently was never a poliwag for no reason at all

and a vulpix!!!

COOL. =/

Quote Originally Posted by LightPokemon View Post

A grass-type Pachirisu

and a vulpix!!!

COOL. =/
    Don't buy the games then if you don't like it, no ones forcing you too.

A grass-type Pachirisu

and a vulpix!!!

COOL. =/
    Why do you come here if you're just here to comment on how much you hate the new games?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    Why do you come here if you're just here to comment on how much you hate the new games?
    I plan on making a thread about it in another board. Because I don't want to piss off the moderators.

Don't buy the games then if you don't like it, no ones forcing you too.
    If I had a private computer I wouldn't. *sigh* Piracy laws...

Don't feed the troll.

Anyways, I don't want to see Fennekin gain another type. I would much prefer if it stayed Fire throughout it's line.

Don't feed the troll.

Anyways, I don't want to see Fennekin gain another type. I would much prefer if it stayed Fire throughout it's line.
    Personally I'm all for Fennekin gaining a type. I think that we have a few too many pure Fire types.

Personally I'm all for Fennekin gaining a type. I think that we have a few too many pure Fire types.
    Not with the starters, at least.
    The only fully evolved starter we have that is pure Fire is Typhlosion.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Don't feed the troll.

Sorry, it's just fun sometimes xD

I personally want Fennekin to gain a dual type. But I do like mono types, I don't see why alot of people say they're boring. Speaking of Fire though, I'm really hoping for more 3 stage evolutions apart from the starters,we only have the magby line. Talonflame might be joining them but Fletchling isn't fire so it kind of is and isn't.

Still love all of these starters and if you include all 3 I think they're my favourite starters since Gen 1 & 3.

Ehh it's no so much with the too many pure fire types. It's that we haven't had a pure Fire starter since Gen 2 and because the exhausted Fire/Fighting has just made the thought of a fire dual type so unappealing.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna end up using Chespin... but I really have no clue right now. I probably won't choose Froakie. We already have a Fire fox (Vulpix), but Fennekin still looks cool. Based on the fact that Chespin has a shell on its head and back, I think it'll end up as Grass and Rock or Grass and Steel. Of course, I could be totally wrong on that. It doesn't really look anything like a part Dark type... But Torchic and Chimchar don't look like they'll end up as part Fighting either. Of course, I would like to see the final evolutions. This Gen is going to be full of decisions.
    Pokémon Y team:
    (none nicknamed)
    Pokémon Black 2 team (what I want it to be): Kane, Sting, Slim, ? ? ????

Shinies:

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8553-2017
    If you add my Friend Code, please PM me so I can add you back.
    My Friend Safari is Psychic type with Drowzee, Sigilyph, and Gothorita.

Battle Videos:
    CPZW-WWWW-WWW5-WV9K - Battle Spot - Breloom sweeps (half) of a Sand Team - Win
    YQXW-WWWW-WWW5-WVEY - Battle Maison - vs Nita - Win (nearly a loss!)
    FYBW-WWWW-WWW5-WVFZ - Battle Maison - vs Evelyn - Win
    98UW-WWWW-WWW5-WVGM - Battle Maison - vs Dana - Win
    F7LW-WWWW-WWW5-WVHJ - Battle Maison - vs Morgan - Win

Ehh it's no so much with the too many pure fire types. It's that we haven't had a pure Fire starter since Gen 2 and because the exhausted Fire/Fighting has just made the thought of a fire dual type so unappealing.
    True. But pure Fire has the problem of a slightly unbalanced movepool most of the time... unless your name is Magmortar, Arcanine or Ninetales...

*looks accusingly at Entei, Simisear and Flareon*

True. But pure Fire has the problem of a slightly unbalanced movepool most of the time... unless your name is Magmortar, Arcanine or Ninetales...

*looks accusingly at Entei, Simisear and Flareon*
    Well, I understand that with an added type normally allows for a Pokémon to have a more expansive move pool.. And with the correct combination, a Fire Starter could be used effectively. If Fennekin is sp atk based (which I hope it is) than part Psychic makes sense.

Is my point of view really all that hard to understand? Am I a troll just because I'm recognizing the facts?

From what I've seen so far, I'd wager there will be:

- An Elite Four
    - Eight to Sixteen Gym Leaders
    - A rival
    - More nerfing of older Pokemon
    - Oh, let's not forget the Professor

Is my point of view really all that hard to understand? Am I a troll just because I'm recognizing the facts?

- An Elite Four
    - A rival

Well Duh, it's a pokemon game...

And their can be as many different pokemon based on the same animal as GF likes. Even that being said, both Vulpix and Fennekin have very different origins. You're being a troll for thinking your opinion is always right and not even bothering to look at up info or bothering to see things from other people point of view.

Well Duh, it's a pokemon game...

And their can be as many different pokemon based on the same animal as GF likes. Even that being said, both Vulpix and Fennekin have very different origins. You're being a troll for thinking your opinion is always right and not even bothering to look at up info or bothering to see things from other people point of view.
    Just stop replying to him, no need to feed him.

Aggrons my favorite Pokemon if you couldn't tell.

Spoiler:- Fan Art by Ruth-Tay [url:

3DS friend code: 2148-8147-1931

- An Elite Four
    - A rival
    Please discuss this on the CHARACTERS thread.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I do hope that Fennekin isn't a part Psychic type upon evolution (I won't have any problems at all and I'll still use it) because I don't want to hear all this comparing Fennekin to Victini/Ninetales crap. I'll even take Fire/Fighting so we may continue our lovely tradition of the combo on a starter unless the other three get retyped to Fairy.

God people, you'd think Pokemon was your lover and I was cheating on you with it.

Look. I'm angry now, if you want you can find the thread I'm going to make later about this.

It just sorely disappointed me in Gen 5 that they still wouldn't change the Grass/Fire/Water starters. Sorry I have an opinion =/

Grass + Rock/Steel/Ground/Poison > Pure Grass > Grass + Dark/Fighting

That's pretty much how I feel about Chespin's future typing.

ANY of the mineral types would be an awesome combination for Chespin. Rock would cover almost all of it's weaknesses, Steel would leave it very few weaknesses while giving it ALOT of resistances, and ground offers alot of offensive opportunity. I threw poison in there because it worked out well for Venusaur. If Chespin's evo turned out to be one of these type combinations AND was a Physical and/or Special Sweeper, he would be my FAVORITE starter!!

If not, I'd be fine with a pure grass Chespin line. I'm not a fan of mono-type Pokemon, but I'm less a fan of Pokemon with type that come with a slew of weaknesses and little coverage for those weaknesses...

And...even though this is the more likely typing, I really hope he/she doesn't turn out to be Dark or Fighting type. Being an improved Breloom or Cacturne wouldn't be horrible but...idk, I just wouldn't like it. Too many weaknesses to common types. Likewise, unless the designs is akin to a Grass-assassin, I'm not sure I'd like it. But, only time will tell.

All and all, I just hope Chespin is strong and fast...
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Grass + Rock/Steel/Ground/Poison > Pure Grass > Grass + Dark/Fighting

That's pretty much how I feel about Chespin's future typing.

ANY of the mineral types would be an awesome combination for Chespin. Rock would cover almost all of it's weaknesses, Steel would leave it very few weaknesses while giving it ALOT of resistances, and ground offers alot of offensive opportunity. I threw poison in there because it worked out well for Venusaur. If Chespin's evo turned out to be one of these type combinations AND was a Physical and/or Special Sweeper, he would be my FAVORITE starter!!

If not, I'd be fine with a pure grass Chespin line. I'm not a fan of mono-type Pokemon, but I'm less a fan of Pokemon with type that come with a slew of weaknesses and little coverage for those weaknesses...

And...even though this is the more likely typing, I really hope he/she doesn't turn out to be Dark or Fighting type. Being an improved Breloom or Cacturne wouldn't be horrible but...idk, I just wouldn't like it. Too many weaknesses to common types. Likewise, unless the designs is akin to a Grass-assassin, I'm not sure I'd like it. But, only time will tell.

All and all, I just hope Chespin is strong and fast...
    Grassassin?

The problem with starters that are pure grass/fire/water is that their move pools BLOW.

Feraligatr may be an exception since it can learn Ice Fang, Crunch, and maybe something else.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    The problem with starters that are pure grass/fire/water is that their move pools BLOW.

Feraligatr may be an exception since it can learn Ice Fang, Crunch, and maybe something else.
    Sceptile wasn't too bad with his Fighting and Flying coverage.

A grass-type Pachirisu

and a vulpix!!!

COOL. =/
    1. Way to show up to a party like 5 months late
    2. I know a great rehab facility that can help with your crack addiction.

I will say that I hope in the third version moves get switched up more than they have in the past for third versions. Like in Gen 4 I'm pretty sure Flash Cannon just changed colors between DP and P. Third versions are, in my opinion, the versions that people come back to when they're replaying past generations. Often times, TM distribution, storyline and Pokemon variety is increased/improved for third versions. So when I'm playing ~Z~ in 2020, I'd like for the moves to be as refined as possible.

Don't forget *ahem* Reshiram and Zekrom's Dragonbreath. But, so far, it seems to be fixed. Yveltal's Hyper Beam came from his mouth. But... Xerneas' Ice Beam came from midair... whatever.
    Ice Beam doesn't have to come from the mouth though. So far we only really have the anime/manga to go off of though because attacks normally come from one designated point of the battlefield.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Page 554 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast