View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 560 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 13,976 to 14,000 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    this may be a stupid question but who are the muskettears that are fighting type? :P
    Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion!
    Also Keldeo, kinda!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I'd like a new concept to be introduced for Starters. Like, split Final Evolutions.

I know it's farfetch'd, but could you image every starter being able to choose between one of two final forms?? They could utilize the secondary triangle (Dark, Psychic, Fighting).

For instance,
    Chespin - Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic
    Fennekin - Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fighting
    Froakie - Water/Fighting or Water/Dark
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I'd like a new concept to be introduced for Starters. Like, split Final Evolutions.

I know it's farfetch'd, but could you image every starter being able to choose between one of two final forms?? They could utilize the secondary triangle (Dark, Psychic, Fighting).

For instance,
    no offense but I think that's a terrible idea. it would break the simplicity of the tradition. I'm completely okay with them doing dual-types but split evos for starters just seems over-the-top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    But surely everything based on a Lizard or Snake doesn't have to be a Dragon and they certainly don't waste potential at all , things can stay as the animal they are. If everything is going to become a Dragon it's gonna get old fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Serperior is based on a Grass Snake though and Tyranitar is based off a T-Rex(least I think) it wouldn't make sense to make them Dragons and I don't think they are going to retype any of the starters but if they did Charizard definatly could use Dragon
    Sceptile could though, seeing as it learns dragon claw, pulse, and breath as well as outrage. Not to mention its pure grass unlike charizard who has a type and the only non dual type hoenn starter

Also part of dragon egg group

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    no offense but I think that's a terrible idea. it would break the simplicity of the tradition. I'm completely okay with them doing dual-types but split evos for starters just seems over-the-top.
    LoL!! None taken. Criticism is always welcome. But, I would like a new "something" for Starters. Maybe new abilities?? We've gotten Starter specific attacks but I'd still like something more innovative.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

LoL!! None taken. Criticism is always welcome. But, I would like a new "something" for Starters. Maybe new abilities?? We've gotten Starter specific attacks but I'd still like something more innovative.
    How about new types? Instead of fire, grass, and water. Could be fairy, dragon, and something. Or dark, psychic, and fighting. But its not a complete triangle.

2014 Baby

Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    How about new types? Instead of fire, grass, and water. Could be fairy, dragon, and something. Or dark, psychic, and fighting. But its not a complete triangle.
    I personally love the Grass/Fire/Water and they still have lots of dual type options to mess about with.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I liked when we got Gen5 concept of getting a gift Pokemon to compliment your Starter. Maybe, it could become a regular thing. Like, if Chespin's future typing is Grass/Dark, we could get a Fire/Fighting gift Pokemon. And if Fennekin's is Fire/Psychic, we could a Water/Dark....
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I liked when we got Gen5 concept of getting a gift Pokemon to compliment your Starter. Maybe, it could become a regular thing. Like, if Chespin's future typing is Grass/Dark, we could get a Fire/Fighting gift Pokemon. And if Fennekin's is Fire/Psychic, we could a Water/Dark....
    As much as I like Panpour and the other monkey's, I hope they don't bring this back. It made it easy to beat the Striaton Trio that I decided to just use my starter and a Patrat to win instead.

The monkeys were part of the spoon feeding tutorial that the beginning of BW felt like for me, so I really hope something like that doesn't come back.

For instance,
    About this.. maybe stick with their regular types, but have special attack and attack split evos?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

I actually would like new abilities for the starters but something that's still unique to the starters and something that the older starters could have access too as well. idk what kind of abilities though. maybe an ability that doubles a specific stat when in a pinch instead of increasing STAB moves' damage (primary type)

As much as I like Panpour and the other monkey's, I hope they don't bring this back. It made it easy to beat the Striaton Trio that I decided to just use my starter and a Patrat to win instead.
    Yeah, you've got a point there. I like my Pokemon games to be challenging. Maybe they could offer the a "Second Starter" after the first Gym??

The monkeys were part of the spoon feeding tutorial that the beginning of BW felt like for me, so I really hope something like that doesn't come back.
    BW were pretty easy at the beginning. I LOVE gift Pokemon (who doesn't like free stuff??) but Id hate for it to ruin the challenge of the game. Maybe the "Second Starter" could be given if a specific challenge is completed?? Like, you manage to defeat both your rivals with your starter alone, the professor can give him/her to you??
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Instead of a second starter early in the game, how about a person that gives you a previous-gen starter about halfway through the game?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Instead of a second starter early in the game, how about a person that gives you a previous-gen starter about halfway through the game?
    Or perhaps like Pokemon Yellow, but instead you just get the two starters you did not pick from two people randomly placed in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Or perhaps like Pokemon Yellow, but instead you just get the two starters you did not pick from two people randomly placed in the region.
    I would like this if there was some sort of really hard challenge that came with it because having all 3 starters in-game defeats the purpose of picking your favorite one IMO. I mean yeah, you get your favorite to start but it sort of would outshine the rest of the Kalos pokemon of the 3 (or 6) types that the starters have.

I'm probably going to pick froakie but I'm not going to decide until i see all of the evolutions.
    Favorite pokemon

My shiny pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I would hate that because it would end up making the new starters less important.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor100 View Post
    I'm probably going to pick froakie but I'm not going to decide until i see all of the evolutions.
    We might not see the final evolutions, so don't expect to.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I would hate that because it would end up making the new starters less important.
    Agreed. Any other starter will be given to us once we have the National Dex. If you guys are that adamant to have other starters, just play old games. This is Chespin/Fennekin/ Froakies time to shine.

[QUOTE=Ditto24;16094715]We might not see the final evolutions, so don't expect to.

We are going to see the next evolutions at some point
    Favorite pokemon

My shiny pokemon

[QUOTE=Scizor100;16094734]
    We might not see the final evolutions, so don't expect to.

We are going to see the next evolutions at some point
    Maybe at release. They don't always reveal the final starter evos, in fact most of the time they don't

[QUOTE=Yveltal96;16094745]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scizor100 View Post

Maybe at release. They don't always reveal the final starter evos, in fact most of the time they don't
    That's what I said. We probs won't see the final forms, we will probs get their second forms but it might not be for a while yet.

That's what I said. We probs won't see the final forms, we will probs get their second forms but it might not be for a while yet.
    I know, I was talking to him. He messed up the quote that's why it said I was quoting you, that was actually his quote

Fennekin is too cute really. But froakie has a mustache o.o .
    Friends (in reality not online)and myself
    meJacobNoahChristianhannah

I know it's still unlikely but now that dragons powers being toned down cause of fairy, I really really want sceptile to gain dragon secondary type

2014 Baby

Page 560 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast