View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 561 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I know it's still unlikely but now that dragons powers being toned down cause of fairy, I really really want sceptile to gain dragon secondary type
    How does that relate the the X and Y starters?

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

X and Y and starter

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    X and Y and starter
    HAHAHAHA that was hilarious actually, well the tread is just about X and Y starters, I don't think pokemon will be retyped to old times, doesn't make much sense, plus I doubt a starter is ever getting dragon typing but I guess I can actually see something random with Meganium gaining Fairy type for example but if they won't give a dragon type they probably won't give a type strong against it, so Ice and Fairy will probably not be part of a starter line either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    HAHAHAHA that was hilarious actually, well the tread is just about X and Y starters, I don't think pokemon will be retyped to old times, doesn't make much sense, plus I doubt a starter is ever getting dragon typing but I guess I can actually see something random with Meganium gaining Fairy type for example but if they won't give a dragon type they probably won't give a type strong against it, so Ice and Fairy will probably not be part of a starter line either.
    I know but I saw the topic brought up a few pages back. But yeah its just a dream

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Just like any other game, it's going to be hard.
    There's always the one that only 10 (not literally) and the others are getting THOUSANDS
    But I picked Fennekin. I've always been a fan of the fire type...well, at least gen 5. I picked Snivy. But that's not the point.
    I can't wait to see all the evos, so I can't exactly judge yet.

I'm gonna go with Fennekin, assuming the second type is either psychic, ghost, or dark. All of those are fun types and I really do want a ghost starter.

I'm gonna assume, by shape, that Chespin's second type is gonna be ground, rock, or fighting. As for Frokie, I'm gonna say mono, ice (coloration), or flying (possible inflatable bubble things/clouds).
    What I do is for me. Just get out of the way if you don't agree.

My Fanfiction Page: Shadowman 747

I hope Chespin and final evolutions can learn a lot of moves, like sceptile, grass/dark with (maybe) 7 weakness (fairy?) is too much, rock slide can help, rollout (gym bug) at level 8 is amazing, earthquake, superpower by egg... dark pulse in the trailer looks cool, but chespin looks like a physical attacker, with great defenses...

Considering Fletchling is the regional bird and appears in the early routes, i'm going to start the way i did since the Blue version... i will pick the water type. I just hope Froakie evolves into a water/fighting at its last stage and it would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    I hope Chespin and final evolutions can learn a lot of moves, like sceptile, grass/dark with (maybe) 7 weakness (fairy?) is too much, rock slide can help, rollout (gym bug) at level 8 is amazing, earthquake, superpower by egg... dark pulse in the trailer looks cool, but chespin looks like a physical attacker, with great defenses...
    When did we see Dark Pulse??
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Calling it, fire/psychic water/fighting grass/dark.

I know I've said it before, but I believe that the trailers give it away.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Calling it, fire/psychic water/fighting grass/dark.

I know I've said it before, but I believe that the trailers give it away.
    if you believe the rumours then every is starting to expect this. What makes you think the trailer gives it away?

I think I'll choose Fennekin, mainly cause its design is the best. I also like Skrelp a lot more than Froakie as a Water pokemon, so I probably won't use him. I hope we won't see the starters evolutions, before the game is released, otherwise I might change my opinion...

I think Froakie might be water/flying due to the puffs around its body.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card:

Status: Exploring Lumiose City after meeting a boy called Robert, a girl called Haley, and A little girl called Beatrice
    Idols- Krisi,Tucker Satoshi, Cynthia, Alder, Wallace, Lance, Iris, Austin

"Pokemon weren't created for the selfish purposes of humans, they were created to work and prosper alongside humans in this vast world."~ Krisi Jackson

Please go give me pokemon in the gen 5 scramble thread, and the gen 6 "hit me with your best shot" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    I think Froakie might be water/flying due to the puffs around its body.
    Those are bubbles.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Oh, that makes sense now...
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card:

Status: Exploring Lumiose City after meeting a boy called Robert, a girl called Haley, and A little girl called Beatrice
    Idols- Krisi,Tucker Satoshi, Cynthia, Alder, Wallace, Lance, Iris, Austin

"Pokemon weren't created for the selfish purposes of humans, they were created to work and prosper alongside humans in this vast world."~ Krisi Jackson

Please go give me pokemon in the gen 5 scramble thread, and the gen 6 "hit me with your best shot" thread.

So far based off my starter my team is
    Chespin (starter)
    slyveon (Lets assume slyveons weak to poison like smash says)
    pickachu
    skelp
    ryhorn
    flectling

That sound well rounded ( don't care about stats just typeing right now this is an offline team they don't need to be pwnsome)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I've always picked Water as my starter on my first run through and Water is still my favourite type, but this Gen is really tough, Chespin and Fennekin are 2 of favourite starters ever. But I thought my bias to Water would hold firm but then I saw Clauncher and Skrelp and I'm just so confused now :'(

I'm a water trainer buuut I'm leaning towards chespin.

frennikin is just so cute, frokie is a little ugly and chespin too.

buttons by shadow of the under and banner by sworn metalhead of daedric design,

just realized something if the rumors about the second typeings are true ( grass dark/firephyisc/water fighting) they would match up with unovas elite four

fighting-marshell
    dark-grimsly
    phyisc-caitlin

O_O >.>
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    just realized something if the rumors about the second typeings are true ( grass dark/firephyisc/water fighting) they would match up with unovas elite four

fighting-marshell
    dark-grimsly
    phyisc-caitlin

O_O >.>
    Which proves what exactly?
    Plus your missing Shanutal...

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Which proves what exactly?
    Plus your missing Shanutal...
    nothing just wanted to say and i know i did i was referring to the duel typing rumors of teh new starters matching up with those 3 of the elite four none have been rumored ghost type so she was excluded.
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post

fighting-marshell
    dark-grimsly
    phyisc-caitlin

O_O >.>
    This is quite irrelevant.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

I hope those Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark rumours aren't true. I do like the idea of Fire/Psychic, but not Water/Fighting for Froakie. We already have a fighting frog. We don't need another one *glances at Poliwrath.* But then, knowing Game Freak and how much they love to repeat types and things for Pokémon to be based on, it wouldn't really surprise me (Yes, Fire/Fighters, I'm referring to you here.)
    Grass/Dark for Chespin? I just can't help it but to think of Shiftry. And all those weaknesses would hurt.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    I hope those Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark rumours aren't true. I do like the idea of Fire/Psychic, but not Water/Fighting for Froakie. We already have a fighting frog. We don't need another one *glances at Poliwrath.* But then, knowing Game Freak and how much they love to repeat types and things for Pokémon to be based on, it wouldn't really surprise me (Yes, Fire/Fighters, I'm referring to you here.)
    Grass/Dark for Chespin? I just can't help it but to think of Shiftry. And all those weaknesses would hurt.
    Mind you, but Water/Fighting is actually a good typing in general as you have a whopping amount of 7 resistances. It's a good typing overall and provides some decent coverage. After all, I'm sure after countless speculations of a reasonable secondary typing for the starters, Froakie with Fighting seems logical because of it's overall physique. Besides, GF can duplicate typing combinations whenever they want to, but I don't see why it's "wrong" to have more than one typing combination (Now Water/Ice and Fire/Fighting is a different story...)

I'm a bit meh over Chespin's typing. Grass/Dark doesn't seem logical, just because Chespin used a Dark-type move in the trailer doesn't permanently signify that it will be Grass/Dark. I can see it as more of a Grass/Ground, or just mono-Grass altogether :l
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Page 561 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast