View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 562 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    Mind you, but Water/Fighting is actually a good typing in general as you have a whopping amount of 7 resistances. It's a good typing overall and provides some decent coverage. After all, I'm sure after countless speculations of a reasonable secondary typing for the starters, Froakie with Fighting seems logical because of it's overall physique. Besides, GF can duplicate typing combinations whenever they want to, but I don't see why it's "wrong" to have more than one typing combination (Now Water/Ice and Fire/Fighting is a different story...)

I'm a bit meh over Chespin's typing. Grass/Dark doesn't seem logical, just because Chespin used a Dark-type move in the trailer doesn't permanently signify that it will be Grass/Dark. I can see it as more of a Grass/Ground, or just mono-Grass altogether :l
    I hope froakie's going to be water/fighting but I get this bad feeling that it'll be water/flying. the new "charizard" since he's so far the only flying type starter.
    and as for chespin, I actually think the move it used in the video was aerial ace because one of the sky battle videos showed one of the birds using a move that looked like that and I would assume it was aerial ace.
    regardless, I still think chespin will be grass/dark which is horrible both offensively and defensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    Mind you, but Water/Fighting is actually a good typing in general as you have a whopping amount of 7 resistances. It's a good typing overall and provides some decent coverage. After all, I'm sure after countless speculations of a reasonable secondary typing for the starters, Froakie with Fighting seems logical because of it's overall physique. Besides, GF can duplicate typing combinations whenever they want to, but I don't see why it's "wrong" to have more than one typing combination (Now Water/Ice and Fire/Fighting is a different story...)

I'm a bit meh over Chespin's typing. Grass/Dark doesn't seem logical, just because Chespin used a Dark-type move in the trailer doesn't permanently signify that it will be Grass/Dark. I can see it as more of a Grass/Ground, or just mono-Grass altogether :l
    It's less that it's a redundant typing in general, but more that it's specifically redundant to frog pokemon. (Add that fighting was also one of Croagunk's types, though it wasn't water). It's like having a second fire type horse unrelated to ponyta line, or how we now have THREE fire-type lines of primates. If someone wants to use a water/fighting frog, that's what Poliwrath is for.

For a lot of us, it doesn't matter if it's a great typing or not - the redundancy of having another pokemon based off the same animal with the same type is kinda dull. Why so many fighting frogs?

Fighting type frogs are like Fire/Fighting starter pokemon.

I am still hoping for Water/Electric being Froakies evolutions type.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Fighting type frogs are like Fire/Fighting starter pokemon.

I am still hoping for Water/Electric being Froakies evolutions type.
    No their not.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    No their not.
    We will have three fighting type frogs in three different generations.

We also have three fire/fighting starters in three different generations.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

And yet their nothing alike.

At all.

And we had three Pure Fighting types in three different generations, three different Water/Poison Pokémon in three different generations, your point?

Oh great another one of these.
    Who cares for one? That's like saying there are too many flying type birds, or too many Bugs that look like a bug.
    Also, none of the fighting frogs we have are absolutely nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    It's less that it's a redundant typing in general, but more that it's specifically redundant to frog pokemon. (Add that fighting was also one of Croagunk's types, though it wasn't water). It's like having a second fire type horse unrelated to ponyta line, or how we now have THREE fire-type lines of primates. If someone wants to use a water/fighting frog, that's what Poliwrath is for.

For a lot of us, it doesn't matter if it's a great typing or not - the redundancy of having another pokemon based off the same animal with the same type is kinda dull. Why so many fighting frogs?
    There are seriously only two. And neither are anything alike. Of course they are going to reuse basic species of Pokemon. There are only so many.
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 25th June 2013 at 4:10 PM.

Tbf if Froakie is Water/Fighting it really isn't going to be end of the world. The last proper water/Fighting was introduced 17 years ago, before alot of the pokemon fandom was even born. There is nothing wrong with a new one, plus it's likely it's going to be very different to Poliwrath as it's speed is great but it's quite bulky. Froakie seems to be the complete opposite.

And as for Chespin being dark coz he apparently used 'Night Slash.. I thought it was more likely to be Aerial ace?? The animation is basically the same and we've also seen Talonflame use it, which suggests Aerial Ace more (Only about 4-5 birds actually learn NS with one being Honchkrow).
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Honestly, can we just hope that Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting (GF throws a twist and makes it a Fighting/Fire to be "original"!) and just agree thats the only time we get angry, but other then that lets just carry on and love pokemon! The types will be what they are.

I'm sticking with the hope the Chespin is going to be Grass/Rock, Grass/Steel, or Grass/Ground...

But, I remember a speculation awhile back about him turning out to be Grass/Ghost. Though, this is VERY unlikely, I'd love it. He could still sport a thief/assassin motif while having a completely unique typing. I could see his ChesHoodie become a tatter Leaf Cloak.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I think the starters could evolve into the following dual types, if they decide to make them dual types

Chespin - Grass/ Ground, Grass/ Psychic, Grass/ Fairy

Fennekin - Fire/ Psychic, Fire/ Fighting, Fire/ Dark,

Froakie - Water/ Fighting, Water/ Ice, Water/ Fairy

This is my sig.

I actually think Fenniken's finally evolution is going to be Fire/Fairy.

I'm trying to get people on a VERY fun Forum. It is an is a multipurpose forum primarily Anime but also Pokemon, Games, and Art. It would be great if you are active and everyone is actually nice there unlike most other forums. The site is pretty new. We have contests, roleplays, and we might open up a Minecraft Server. If you plan on signing up to the forum here is the link--> www.luffyforums.com When you start signing up, please I would love for you to list me as your referrer. There may not be a lot of activity at first but if you contribute and invite people, post, make threads, the forum should get going and get active. Be sure to post away as it helps us.

Luffy Forums Username: The Void

Since their is only 1 other water/fighting non-legendary pokemon (that's right Keldeo put your hand down) even though it's a frog I wouldn't mind it. That was Gen 1 another would be would be nice.
    Grass/Dark is still pretty fresh only 2 fully evolved ones I believe...Of course it's not the greatest typing in the world but since it would add variety to the grass starters (only one of them being dual-typed)I'm not against it.
    Fire/psychic would be a well deserved breath of fresh air for fire starters and considering their are only 2 with one being legendary and the other being a hard-to-activate- form it's pretty unique and would spice things up a bit.
    So If the starters are these types it's a good 3/3 for me the only thing left to worry about would be their designs.......
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by xXdArKvOidXx View Post
    I actually think Fenniken's finally evolution is going to be Fire/Fairy.
    I know Fairy is just like any other type, but I don't think they would make 1 starter become Fairy in the Gen it was intriduced. It gives them a bit of an advantage over the others. (NOT COMPETITIVELY!!! But it would seem abit unfair that one starter got it but not the other 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    Since their is only 1 other water/fighting non-legendary pokemon (that's right Keldeo put your hand down) even though it's a frog I wouldn't mind it. That was Gen 1 another would be would be nice.
    Grass/Dark is still pretty fresh only 2 fully evolved ones I believe...Of course it's not the greatest typing in the world but since it would add variety to the grass starters (only one of them being dual-typed)I'm not against it.
    Fire/psychic would be a well deserved breath of fresh air for fire starters and considering their are only 2 with one being legendary and the other being a hard-to-activate- form it's pretty unique and would spice things up a bit.
    So If the starters are these types it's a good 3/3 for me the only thing left to worry about would be their designs.......
    Those three Grass/ Dark, Fire/ Psychic and Water/ Fighting would also add another trinity type allowing Froakie to have a chance against Chespin. It would be interesting and add a twist into the starter dynamics. They kind of did this in Gen 4 with Torterra's ground typing being able to attack Infernape's Fire type while Infernape's Fighting type allowed it to have an advantage against Empoleon.

This is my sig.

I hope Froakie doesn't end up being water/fighting (I'm not a fan of the fighting type and it's the starter i'm going to choose).
    I'm hoping for water/ice, water/electric (seems VERY unlikely) or just pure water.

FEAR THE GHOSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I'm sticking with the hope the Chespin is going to be Grass/Rock, Grass/Steel, or Grass/Ground...

But, I remember a speculation awhile back about him turning out to be Grass/Ghost. Though, this is VERY unlikely, I'd love it. He could still sport a thief/assassin motif while having a completely unique typing. I could see his ChesHoodie become a tatter Leaf Cloak.
    I'm remaining steadfast on the Grass/Rock, Grass/Steel and Grass/Ground too.

In terms of design, I was thinking that the green armor coating it's back could be expanded on and it's "helmet" could be some sort of crown (not aiming for a Serperior complex). I think it'll be more of a defensive Sceptile with an offensive niche.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    @bold

bulbasuar grass poison
    torterra grass ground

~_~ but yeah it would add some diveristy for the starters since we haven't had a grass dark starter yet
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Since it seems pretty likely all three starters will be dual typed, I kinda hope that in genVII they keep the starters as pure Grass/Fire/Water. It would feel refreshing after all this.

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Does anyone think that there will be other starters given throughout the game? will anyone relace their kalos starter?
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    Does anyone think that there will be other starters given throughout the game? will anyone relace their kalos starter?
    Yellow aside, NO games will ever give out other starters pre- elite 4. Atleast I hope they don't it's an awful idea, if you want other starters then just play those games. I will honestly be so disappointed if they get given out coz it will be the first time I ever deposit a starter. It doesn't need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yellow aside, NO games will ever give out other starters pre- elite 4. Atleast I hope they don't it's an awful idea, if you want other starters then just play those games. I will honestly be so disappointed if they get given out coz it will be the first time I ever deposit a starter. It doesn't need to be done.
    But no one force u to accept the other starter... if u dont want just dont take them... personally i loved how charizard looked in the trailer so i would love if someone was giving him to us...
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    But no one force u to accept the other starter... if u dont want just dont take them... personally i loved how charizard looked in the trailer so i would love if someone was giving him to us...
    But whats the point of them being given out by the 3rd town or something. You have a starter and had plenty of opportunities to use all the other starters. Let the Kalos starters be in the lime light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    But whats the point of them being given out by the 3rd town or something. You have a starter and had plenty of opportunities to use all the other starters. Let the Kalos starters be in the lime light.
    if they give us any other starter i think that would be post game.... i dont care about selfish pokemon that want to shine over others.... just because they are starters it doent mena anything after gen 2 i hardly used starters.... in most of my playthroughs i was dumbing them in the box and picking other pkmn
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    if they give us any other starter i think that would be post game.... i dont care about selfish pokemon that want to shine over others.... just because they are starters it doent mena anything after gen 2 i hardly used starters.... in most of my playthroughs i was dumbing them in the box and picking other pkmn
    I'm not telling people how to play their games. If they wanna dump their starters thats fine. But why does it need to be done, you get given your starter, why do you need another one. Its fine as long as its post game. Kalos region, Kalos starters.

Page 562 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast