View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 563 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 14,051 to 14,075 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I'm not telling people how to play their games. If they wanna dump their starters thats fine. But why does it need to be done, you get given your starter, why do you need another one. Its fine as long as its post game. Kalos region, Kalos starters.
    well i dont really care.... fennekin looks cool so far and the otehr pkmn the revealed seem fine so even if the starters end up not to interest me i already have other options... but as i said charizard looked awesome... and since i dont really play post game cause i found it boring and just start all over again i would like to have the opportunity to play with charizard in my team
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    well i dont really care.... fennekin looks cool so far and the otehr pkmn the revealed seem fine so even if the starters end up not to interest me i already have other options... but as i said charizard looked awesome... and since i dont really play post game cause i found it boring and just start all over again i would like to have the opportunity to play with charizard in my team
    People like you irritate me >.>
    Just try something new, Jesus. genwunners I swear.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    From that post all I got was that he does not particularly like these starters and he likes, and wants to use, Charizard? Definite Genwunner.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

You haven't even played XY. Unless you did then TELL ME TELL ME how many new Pokémon are going to be introduced!!!!!!

How are you already saying this games post game is boring?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    You haven't even played XY. Unless you did then TELL ME TELL ME how many new Pokémon are going to be introduced!!!!!!

He said he finds all the post games boring, why would XY's be different? Especially considering the post games since gen 4 on have been fairly substantial

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post

ahahahahahahahahahahah.....ahahahahah

u people are so .... jumping into conclusions and naming people.. genwiiners are bad but people who are irritating by them are even worse

where did i said i dont like the new pokemon?? on the contrary i said i like the new pokemon we have seen so far and i like fennekin from the starters!!
    also i said i dont like post game in general not the X and y!!
    and that i like charmander and i would be more than happy if i got the chance to play with him!!
    jesus some people are so so so so.... i irritate u boy u irritate me more... next time read people's post properly!!!
    how does that make me a genwunner is beyond me...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 26th June 2013 at 1:41 AM.
    3883-6008-7187

ahahahahahahahahahahah.....ahahahahah

u people are so .... jumping into conclusions and naming people.. genwiiners are bad but people who are irritating by them are even worse

where did i said i dont like the new pokemon?? on the contrary i said i like the new pokemon we have seen so far and i like fennekin from the starters!!
    also i said i dont like post game in general not the X and y!!
    and that i like charmander and i would be more than happy if i got the chance to play with him!!
    jesus some people are so so so so....
    how does that make me a genwunner is beyond me...
    Mate, I was on your side!
    I was being sarcastic when I said definite genwunner!

(I got the impression you did not particularly like the starters when you said " so even if the starters end up not to interest me" but I realise that I interpreted it wrong)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Mate, I was on your side!
    I was being sarcastic when I said definite genwunner!

(I got the impression you did not particularly like the starters when you said " so even if the starters end up not to interest me" but I realise that I interpreted it wrong)
    sorry i wasnt meant to quote u.. but i got all heated up when i saw these 2 kids saying those things and i ended up quoting u too XD
    3883-6008-7187

sorry i wasnt meant to quote u.. but i got all heated up when i saw these 2 kids saying those things and i ended up quoting u too XD
    Its fine man!

You are quite obviously not a Genwunner, as they dislike all generations except for Gen1 and so would not even be on a Gen6 thread.
    And you do not express any hate towards everything about this new generation either.

Kids? For real bro? You said you would prefer Charizard over Fennekin!

Ask me stupid stuff

Kids? For real bro? You said you would prefer Charizard over Fennekin!
    u must be uneducated..... i sympathize your condition
    3883-6008-7187

u must be uneducated..... i sympathize your condition
    alright, **** you. You are one sorry son of a ***** if that's all you have to respond with. You said you preferred Charizard and would rather dump Fennekin once you get Charizard in the story mode. How bout you try something new.

Ask me stupid stuff

alright, **** you. You are one sorry son of a ***** if that's all you have to respond with. You said you preferred Charizard and would rather dump Fennekin once you get Charizard in the story mode. How bout you try something new.
    just because he likes charzaird more doesn't make him a genwunner and he can choose which starters/pokemon he likes/dislikes i still prefer pickachu over every other elct type pokemon and sceptile over any other grass type, also that is quite the childish response he was talking about
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

How about we put our fire types away before we start a flame war, huh? The odds of receiving old starters in-game is pretty much zero before the Elite 4. In fact, the only instances where it's happened after the Elite 4 were in cases where said starters were hard to come by, and both cases that come to mind were remakes. So let's not lunge at each other's throats throats over gameplay choices, ok?

I ought to also explain my doubts for the rumored secondary type triangle of dark/psychic/fighting. Simply put, other than Fennekin gaining the psychic type I really can't see how Chespin and Froakie become dark and fighting types. I could be wrong about Chespin, but Froakie definitely has design elements- the foam on his head and torso- seem to resemble a powdered wig an ruffled collar, and due to their high placement on the face the little flecks on his nose are not a moustache but actually glasses (they are placed on the upper side of his head, but a moustache would be located on the edge or lower). This suggests that his evolution line will have a Enlightenment scholar/intellectual theme.

... Although if it's actually a Founding Father theme and Froakie is supposed to be Franklin, then water/fighting George Washingtoad ftw.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

In the end, I don't know why Charizard is even being talked about and why any of this quarreling is even going on. Like other generations, this will probably only include starters from other games in post game or after certain milestones have been reached. If you want them earlier, you'll probably still have to wait until the transfer system (I'm positive there will be one, even if it's not game-to-game, because both V and VI can utilize internet connection or an alternative app on the 3DS) is online in the game, which will probably happen post game.

In the end, ad hominems about intelligence or being gen wunners or whatever is really, really unnecessary.

BTW, sunny phoenix - it's actually INCREDIBLY hard to understand your posts because of your lack of punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Nobody is stupid or a child for being unable to understand you.

Do people think that the new starters will evolve at different levels than the previous starters?
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

I hope the starters all evolve at different levels like the johto and sinnoh starters. I don't like them all evolving at the same levels like in unova and hoenn (honestly can't remember how kanto's starters were) but it feels a bit too unnatural and I realize that sounds stupid kuz it's pokemon and it's not supposed to be realistic but ya. idk it just feels nicer when they starters evolve at different levels and it makes it feel like they're no different from other pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    How about we put our fire types away before we start a flame war, huh? The odds of receiving old starters in-game is pretty much zero before the Elite 4. In fact, the only instances where it's happened after the Elite 4 were in cases where said starters were hard to come by, and both cases that come to mind were remakes. So let's not lunge at each other's throats throats over gameplay choices, ok?

I ought to also explain my doubts for the rumored secondary type triangle of dark/psychic/fighting. Simply put, other than Fennekin gaining the psychic type I really can't see how Chespin and Froakie become dark and fighting types. I could be wrong about Chespin, but Froakie definitely has design elements- the foam on his head and torso- seem to resemble a powdered wig an ruffled collar, and due to their high placement on the face the little flecks on his nose are not a moustache but actually glasses (they are placed on the upper side of his head, but a moustache would be located on the edge or lower). This suggests that his evolution line will have a Enlightenment scholar/intellectual theme.

... Although if it's actually a Founding Father theme and Froakie is supposed to be Franklin, then water/fighting George Washingtoad ftw.
    In all fairness Froakie and Chespin don't look Fighting and Dark respectively because they're pure types. The attributes of their secondary types (regardless of what they may be) are not present at this stage.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    In all fairness Froakie and Chespin don't look Fighting and Dark respectively because they're pure types. The attributes of their secondary types (regardless of what they may be) are not present at this stage.
    You have to consider that starters in the past who didn't show attributes of a secondary typing didn't show any attributes contrary to that typing that they did gain. Froakie's design already has an intellectual theme, as I stated, which is counterintuitive to it gaining the fighting type as those elements, which are really what make it more than just a generic blue frog, would have to be thrown out in a drastic redesign, something GF NEVER does with the starters. Other evolutionary lines might pull the "radically different evolution" stunt, but starters tend to have coherent design elements between stages.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    You have to consider that starters in the past who didn't show attributes of a secondary typing didn't show any attributes contrary to that typing that they did gain. Froakie's design already has an intellectual theme, as I stated, which is counterintuitive to it gaining the fighting type as those elements, which are really what make it more than just a generic blue frog, would have to be thrown out in a drastic redesign, something GF NEVER does with the starters. Other evolutionary lines might pull the "radically different evolution" stunt, but starters tend to have coherent design elements between stages.
    True, but GF could also play the simple 'looks can be deceiving' card when it comes to Froakie. Also your basing Froakie's evolutions on your personal opinion of his design. You don't know if that matches with what GF have in mind for him. They may have pulled the ''radically different evolution'' card in the past as you said but just because GF has NEVER done something before doesn't mean that they won't do something this time around. Taking only pre gen 6 information to determine the outcome of these games will not create concrete evidence for proof or speculation about any theories about this game.

I know you never said that the rumours were false, just that you had your doubts, but there's evidence both for and against these rumours.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Looked intense for a moment right there.... :/
    I'm guessing Chespin will be the bulky one of the group so the stat distribution could be something like this:
    Chespin Final evo: Highest Hp(^100), Decent Attack(85-100),High Defense(^100),Low Sp.Atk(70 or lower), Decent Sp.Def(80-90), Low Speed (60-70)
    Thoughts?
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Now, if Froakie is in fact based on a Frenchman, how on earth is anyone expecting it to be part fighting?

^My poor attempt at being witty. No offence to the French and their white flags. We just might be able to run from trainer battles yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    I'm guessing Chespin will be the bulky one of the group so the stat distribution could be something like this:
    Chespin Final evo: Highest Hp(^100), Decent Attack(85-100),High Defense(^100),Low Sp.Atk(70 or lower), Decent Sp.Def(80-90), Low Speed (60-70)
    Thoughts?
    I strongly agree, and I could definitely see this happening. I've really wanted a highly defensive grass type for a while now, and I see a ton of potential in chespin.
    THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME!
    White 2
    Name: Daniel
    Friend Code: 3569 2686 6840

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    Thoughts?
    I'd be fine with Chespin being heavily based on Defense...but only if he also get's a secondary typing that doesn't come with so many weaknesses. Grass/Steel would be PERFECT with that type distribution...

Either way though, I think I'd prefer a Sweeper Chespin...

Typing: Grass/Rock
    Design: hedgehog wearing sleek, green petrified wood armor. Like a woodland knight

Base Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 70
    SpA: 100
    SpD: 75
    Sp: 100
    BASE: 535
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 26th June 2013 at 6:58 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Base Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 70
    SpA: 100
    SpD: 75
    Sp: 100
    BASE: 535
    I'd love sweeper Chespin but the only reason I'm reluctant for it is because they wouldn't do 2 sweepers in one generation and I want froakie to be the sweeper this time around definitely with high speed.
    The fastest water-type starter is Feraligatr at a lackluster 78 so I want a fast water starter this time around and give the other two types a break
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Page 563 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast