View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 564 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 14,076 to 14,100 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #14076
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    M$
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    How about we put our fire types away before we start a flame war, huh?
    I lol'd.

    On topic: I have high hopes for the designs of the final evos of the starters. I was so disappointed with final stages of Unova's starters, especially with Emboar's design :/

    I don't really want any of them to turn out looking too bulky.

  2. #14077
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    In the end, I don't know why Charizard is even being talked about and why any of this quarreling is even going on. Like other generations, this will probably only include starters from other games in post game or after certain milestones have been reached. If you want them earlier, you'll probably still have to wait until the transfer system (I'm positive there will be one, even if it's not game-to-game, because both V and VI can utilize internet connection or an alternative app on the 3DS) is online in the game, which will probably happen post game.

    In the end, ad hominems about intelligence or being gen wunners or whatever is really, really unnecessary.

    BTW, sunny phoenix - it's actually INCREDIBLY hard to understand your posts because of your lack of punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Nobody is stupid or a child for being unable to understand you.

    First of all, its not INCREDIBLY hard.... I may forget of punctuation but other than that, my posts are mostly fine. If u dont understand my post dont reply on it. And as i see, many people understood what i was saying, it was only these two who jumped on me and accused me about things i didnt said!! Never called them stupid and the child comment was about his attitude (saying i irritating him, lying about what i really said, and calling me names). I never said i like charmander more than fennekin and even if i said i sont see any problem with it. Also, i said i like all the pokemon we've seen so far, so excuse me if i am a little mad when someone accuse me being a genwunner when i am not... but as i said before people being irritating about genwunners are worst than genwunners themselves. Because they accuse everyone that critics anything new as genwunner.... Anyway, i've see that other people think that the KID that replied to me is in general a troll, so i dont care anymore.


    P.s if u dont know why charizard was brought up or how this fight begun, then before u post or take a stand go back and read our comments and u will understand.... it might be hard to understand them cause we arent all so smart us u but pls give us normal humans a chance....

    anyway i am done with this conversation as i see it most people understood that i was unfairly been attacked...

    Quote Originally Posted by vespiqueen View Post
    I lol'd.

    On topic: I have high hopes for the designs of the final evos of the starters. I was so disappointed with final stages of Unova's starters, especially with Emboar's design :/

    I don't really want any of them to turn out looking too bulky.
    i am with u on that.... fennekin and froakie seems elegant so far, if any starter will turn bulkie that would be chespin (i think)
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 26th June 2013 at 3:23 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

  3. #14078
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    I'd love sweeper Chespin but the only reason I'm reluctant for it is because they wouldn't do 2 sweepers in one generation and I want froakie to be the sweeper this time around definitely with high speed.
    The fastest water-type starter is Feraligatr at a lackluster 78 so I want a fast water starter this time around and give the other two types a break
    I wouldn't say that, after all Feraligatr and Typhlosion were both technically sweepers.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    First of all, its not INCREDIBLY hard.... I may forget of punctuation but other than that, my posts are mostly fine. If u dont understand my post dont reply on it. And as i see, many people understood what i was saying, it was only these two who jumped on me and accused me about things i didnt said!! Never called them stupid and the child comment was about his attitude (saying i irritating him, lying about what i really said, and calling me names). I never said i like charmander more than fennekin and even if i said i sont see any problem with it. Also, i said i like all the pokemon we've seen so far, so excuse me if i am a little mad when someone accuse me being a genwunner when i am not... but as i said before people being irritating about genwunners are worst than genwunners themselves. Because they accuse everyone that critics anything new as genwunner.... Anyway, i've see that other people think that the KID that replied to me is in general a troll, so i dont care anymore.


    P.s if u dont know why charizard was brought up or how this fight begun, then before u post or take a stand go back and read our comments and u will understand.... it might be hard to understand them cause we arent all so smart us u but pls give us normal humans a chance....

    anyway i am done with this conversation as i see it most people understood that i was unfairly been attacked...
    oh get over yourself. I admit I was in the wrong and he wasn't just talking about you. Just admit to your wrongs as well and let it go.

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  4. #14079
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Lucian and Grimsley's room
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    I'd love sweeper Chespin but the only reason I'm reluctant for it is because they wouldn't do 2 sweepers in one generation and I want froakie to be the sweeper this time around definitely with high speed.
    The fastest water-type starter is Feraligatr at a lackluster 78 so I want a fast water starter this time around and give the other two types a break
    Yeah, nothing bad about doing two in a gen. Emboar and Samurott were also kinda more offensive than defensive, and we haven't had an entirely offensive Grass starter since...Sceptile. Besides, Serperior was already defensive with weird Atk/Sp.Atk stats. I want Chespin's Attack to be above 110. No Grass starter has an offensive stat above 110 after all, so I want to see that broken. >.>



    ~ Signature under Construction ~


    | Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |


  5. #14080
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflame92 View Post
    This is my idea for Chespin final evo, it took me 5 minute to draw....hopefully you understand the idea...
    We strongly discourage posting Fakemon in the XY subforum, this thread included.
    We have an art section for that: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...php?34-Fan-Art

    .: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  6. #14081
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    We strongly discourage posting Fakemon in the XY subforum, this thread included.
    We have an art section for that: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...php?34-Fan-Art
    It's not a fakemon, it's just hard for me to describe my idea because English isn't my first language so I drew the idea...

  7. #14082
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflame92 View Post
    It's not a fakemon, it's just hard for me to describe my idea because English isn't my first language so I drew the idea...
    Any speculated design or concept for an existing Pokemon's evolution is also considered Fakemon.
    Regardless, we don't encourage posts of fan art in these threads.

    .: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  8. #14083
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Yeah, nothing bad about doing two in a gen. Emboar and Samurott were also kinda more offensive than defensive, and we haven't had an entirely offensive Grass starter since...Sceptile. Besides, Serperior was already defensive with weird Atk/Sp.Atk stats. I want Chespin's Attack to be above 110. No Grass starter has an offensive stat above 110 after all, so I want to see that broken. >.>
    Sorry I should have been more clear. When I said sweeper I wasn't referring to high offenses. I was talking about high speed, in every generation before we've always had 1 starter be the speed demon of the trio. You'd think we would have had a fast water starter but we don't YET.....Froakie's sleek design and how they describe makes me hope that we'll finally have a fast water starter.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

  9. #14084
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Caemlyn, Andor
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Hello, new here~ I've skimmed the last few pages for a while now, but I don't think I saw this come up. Does anyone else think it would be neat if Chespin's evolution line was based partially on some kind of combination of echidnas and the giant armadillo? We've had reptile starters up til now and the mammalian concept is a nice change, so I'm extremely curious as to what elements will be involved. As a huge armadillo/pangolin fan though, it'd be really awesome if they did more with the spikes-and-hide concept than just Sandshrew and Sandslash.

    P.S Is there a way to preview a reply? :|

    Image drawn by me~

  10. #14085
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Hello, new here~ I've skimmed the last few pages for a while now, but I don't think I saw this come up. Does anyone else think it would be neat if Chespin's evolution line was based partially on some kind of combination of echidnas and the giant armadillo? We've had reptile starters up til now and the mammalian concept is a nice change, so I'm extremely curious as to what elements will be involved. As a huge armadillo/pangolin fan though, it'd be really awesome if they did more with the spikes-and-hide concept than just Sandshrew and Sandslash.

    P.S Is there a way to preview a reply? :|
    If I read right somewhere it's mentioned that Chespin is a hedgehog, so you're probably in luck. And to preview posts click "go advanced" under the reply box and preview will be an option.

    Welcome to serebii, btw.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

    Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

  11. #14086
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Hello, new here~ I've skimmed the last few pages for a while now, but I don't think I saw this come up. Does anyone else think it would be neat if Chespin's evolution line was based partially on some kind of combination of echidnas and the giant armadillo? We've had reptile starters up til now and the mammalian concept is a nice change, so I'm extremely curious as to what elements will be involved. As a huge armadillo/pangolin fan though, it'd be really awesome if they did more with the spikes-and-hide concept than just Sandshrew and Sandslash.

    P.S Is there a way to preview a reply? :|
    Based on it's name and what we know of it using rollout and similar moves, I think it's a hedgehog combined with a chestnut shell (The green, spiky shell, not the nut itself). But I could see it going the way of any of the spiky-mammal routes.

    Though for what it's worth, I always thought the cyndaquil line was based on tenrecs.

  12. #14087
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Caemlyn, Andor
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Based on it's name and what we know of it using rollout and similar moves, I think it's a hedgehog combined with a chestnut shell (The green, spiky shell, not the nut itself). But I could see it going the way of any of the spiky-mammal routes.
    Yea, I got that it is a chestnut-hedgehog... thing, but it'll be interesting if they stick purely with the hedgehog theme or if they will do something similar to Oshawott and make it change species (although I thought I read somewhere (Bulbapedia?) Samurott is more a Giant Otter than a Sea Lion, not sure.)

    Image drawn by me~

  13. #14088
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    I was thinking more along the lines of Hedgehog------>Echidna----->Porcupine for Chespin's evolutionary line.

    A Pineapple inspired Porcupine, lol.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 28th June 2013 at 3:39 AM.

  14. #14089
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    64

    Default

    That would work
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

  15. #14090
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I really hope Fennekin will be inspired by Amaterasu from Okami..that was such a cool design and it would really work for a fox pokemon like Fennekin..

  16. #14091
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Would people be interested in a water ice or electric
    Also
    Is anyine else annoued that we don't get that x and y showcase thing and do u think any new info woukd be revealed from it
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  17. #14092
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In your closet...
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'm hoping they won't screw him over like Oshawott. After all, he did look like he was going to be fast but Game Freak said "Hey let's make him four-legged AND slow!" And that man was given a promotion...
    The one That Started it All-


    Competitive Battling-

    Just imagine how awesome it would be to see a Gallade riding a Braviary!
    UNOVAAAA! F--K YEAH!!!

  18. #14093
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    I'm hoping they won't screw him over like Oshawott. After all, he did look like he was going to be fast but Game Freak said "Hey let's make him four-legged AND slow!" And that man was given a promotion...
    That would suck. I agree with you 100%.

    But I don't want a Fire/Fighting starter in Fennekin's evolutions!
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  19. #14094
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I really hope Fennekin will be inspired by Amaterasu from Okami..that was such a cool design and it would really work for a fox pokemon like Fennekin..
    That would be awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    I'm hoping they won't screw him over like Oshawott. After all, he did look like he was going to be fast but Game Freak said "Hey let's make him four-legged AND slow!" And that man was given a promotion...
    Oshawott wasn't really that fast to begin with, if anything Snivy was pretty much hinted to be the fast one.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  20. #14095
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In your closet...
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Actually... if you think about it, both of them looked fast (Snivy DID look faster), but we're doing this based on appearance... and the post was more based on GF not screwing up Froakie.
    The one That Started it All-


    Competitive Battling-

    Just imagine how awesome it would be to see a Gallade riding a Braviary!
    UNOVAAAA! F--K YEAH!!!

  21. #14096
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    Actually... if you think about it, both of them looked fast (Snivy DID look faster), but we're doing this based on appearance... and the post was more based on GF not screwing up Froakie.
    I don't think anyone expected Oshawott to be fast, it was fairly obvious Snivy would be the fast one. But I'll agree I wasn't expecting Samurott to be on all fours, I was even more surprised he wasn't part Fighting.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  22. #14097
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Out of the first-stage starters, Froakie looks the best to me by far. Its name is kind of awkward, though.

    When I first saw them I thought Chespin looked the worst by far, but somehow I've ended up liking it more than Fennekin lately... I guess Fennekin is just so "generic fox!" that it doesn't stand out at all, and the way its face is drawn looks a little off for some reason. Its evolved forms will probably fix those problems, though.

    As far as stats/evolutions... I would guess that Chespin might end up defense+speed focused (chestnut based = hard shell and spikes, so probably high defense at the very least. "Spin" seems like a speedy thing to me, too... though there are slower Pokémon with spinning moves like Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball too.) Chespin also seems more inclined toward physical attacks than the other two (chestnuts = spiky, spikes = physical... also spinning = physical.) I could see Chespin staying pure-Grass the whole time, or maybe becoming Grass/Fighting. Maybe Grass/Ground if they want to reuse Torterra's type (wouldn't be too surprising considering that we've had three Fire/Fightings in a row.)

    Froakie and Fennekin seem more like special attackers. Maybe Fennekin could end up being good at both physical and special attacks (would especially make sense if it learns dark attacks like Bite and such), while Froakie would be more special-focused (especially if it turns out to be Water/Psychic.) Or the other way around (especially if Froakie becomes Water/Fighting and Fennekin becomes Fire/Psychic.) Right now based on the "bubble glasses" thing, I'd lean toward Froakie being the special attacker (and evolve into a Water/Psychic type) while Fennekin is the more balanced one.

    That's my guess anyway.

    I'm hoping they won't screw him over like Oshawott. After all, he did look like he was going to be fast but Game Freak said "Hey let's make him four-legged AND slow!"
    Samurott isn't "slow," really. More like average/medium speed. It's actually the second-fastest among the Water-type starters so far (Blastoise and Feraligatr are tied for first), and even those two aren't that much faster. Water-type starters tend to have average speed, as opposed to the Grass and Fire ones who have a wider range of speeds and can be fast (Sceptile, Serperior, Charizard, Typhlosion, Infernape), slow (Emboar, Torterra), or average-ish (Venusaur, Meganium, Blaziken.)
    3522 9410 8771

  23. #14098
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Am i the only one who thinks that fennekin might turn into physical instead of special.... the fact he learns howl makes me think this and also is a good way to differ itself from vulpix...especially if it turn psychic as the rumors suggest, cause vulpix learn these kind of moves and he is special attacker....

    EDit: i checked all the starters no one learns a stat raising move that doesnt compliments his best stat.... i am seeing fennekin turning into physical sweeper...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 29th June 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    3883-6008-7187

  24. #14099
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehGalladez79 View Post
    Actually... if you think about it, both of them looked fast (Snivy DID look faster), but we're doing this based on appearance... and the post was more based on GF not screwing up Froakie.
    Even by appearances Oshawott didn't look like he'd be speedy (in fact, I'd say he looked like he'd be average), his moveset/stats also didn't complement it. Either way, appearances can be deceiving, I mean Piplup sure didn't look like any steel type.

    Having said that, I do hope that Froakie's fast, we need a water starter that's actually outspeed most opponents.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 29th June 2013 at 12:51 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  25. #14100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that fennekin might turn into physical instead of special.... the fact he learns howl makes me think this and also is a good way to differ itself from vulpix...especially if it turn psychic as the rumors suggest, cause vulpix learn these kind of moves and he is special attacker....
    Yeah I thought that to, Howl does seem like an odd move if he was to go along the SpA route. But it may be more based on the fact he's a fox (are foxes known for howling) Then again Manetric learns Howl but he's more SpA so we'll see. I think it might just be to help it out at the beginning of the game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Even by appearances Oshawott didn't look like he'd be speedy (in fact, I'd say he looked like he'd be average), his moveset/stats also didn't complement it. Either way, appearances can be deceiving, I mean Piplup sure didn't look like any steel type.

    Having said that, I do hope that Froakie's fast, we need a water starter that's actually outspeed most opponents.
    I pray Froakie's really fast. The other waters have been slow, not even medium, so it's going to be nice for a change of pace
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



Page 564 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •