View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 572 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 14,276 to 14,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    As people have pointed out-rollout doesn't mean a type as much as psychic does. A good few pokemon can learn rollout-all you need is to be able to roll up. Psychic is more limited.
    Which is exactly what I meant in my post above.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    We already have two kitsune lines. I really really don't want it to get into far eastern mythologies at all. Let it be something else for a change. I love Okami, but I'd rather see it stay in it's own game. On the other hand, I think Flabebe is based on the same Ainu mythology of Koro-pok-guru that poncles are based on. Amaterasu being a wolf is NOT a standard part of Japanese mythology, nor is her ink, so I do not in the least see that happening for Fennekin.

Please let the African animal be something other than Japanese. If you want a kitsune, get a vulpix or a zorua. If it DOES go Japanese, let it be a tube fox or something that's NOT a kitsune. I'm tired of them. Kitsune are way oversaturated in the media.

Fennecs are fascinating for being fennecs in particular.
    Tube fox would be good.

What kind of frog are people hoping for froakie?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Tube fox would be good.

I'm hoping for a Water/Fighting or Water/Ice Froakie.
    Creds to Silverend719

Pokémon White 2.

Tube fox would be good.

I'd hope a tree frog
    With colorfull markings

Or the most famous poisonousblue frog

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    I'm hoping for a Water/Fighting or Water/Ice Froakie.
    I could see ice. I still don't understand how its still weak to grass when water/ice.

^And those are beautiful.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

While I think he'll be Water/Fighting as the rumour suggests, I'd rather him gain Dark but I'd still be really happy with Fighting
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    While I think he'll be Water/Fighting as the rumour suggests, I'd rather him gain Dark but I'd still be really happy with Fighting
    Well I can see dark as the Chespin line's secondary type.
    Creds to Silverend719

Pokémon White 2.

I'll be happy with any type as long as he gets a good design
    I could seem him as the sceptile of the swamps and forests
    Slim, slick, swift and agile

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Why can't Fennekin just evolve into a normal modern everyday fox you see on a road trip and not be mythical? Don't you think it would be time to break the pattern of kitsunes/mythical foxes?
    Because Mythical Foxes are so much cooler than normal Foxes..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Yeah, but there's got to be more than kitsune.

And what in blazes is your icon?

-My younger brother

The perfect froakie for me would be
    A tall and slim, light blue froakie with a foam hood and cloak that flows behind him
    Big well built legs and body with white feet and hands that are webbed
    His eyes glow yellow and Pierce out from shadows
    he is speedy and flees from danger very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    A tall and slim, light blue froakie with a foam hood and cloak that flows behind him
    I would want that, but with a small cloak.
    Creds to Silverend719

Pokémon White 2.

I'd also really love any type as long as I love their design. If I'm being picky the only things I really want are for Fennekin to stay on all 4's (GF always cop out with the fires and make them bipedal) and finally I want Froakie to be the fastest starter.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Sounds good!

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    To you.

I don't care if Froakie's evolution is fast or not, I just hope his design makes him stand out amongst the previous toads/frogs.

Does anyone think they will throw another surprise evolution at us?
    I mean Samurott was a huge shock to me at first
    Its my favorite fifth gen starter evolution it was just a surprise at first

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I'd also really love any type as long as I love their design. If I'm being picky the only things I really want are for Fennekin to stay on all 4's (GF always cop out with the fires and make them bipedal) and finally I want Froakie to be the fastest starter.
    Same here. For example, the designs of all Hoenn Starters were really good. The only thing about types I care about is no Fire/Fighting.
    Creds to Silverend719

Pokémon White 2.

Random thought... What if Fennekin was a Reynard figure? It'd fit in SOOOO much better with the French theme of the region. The Japanese are not the only ones with fox mythologies and stories.

...also I have a hard time breaking my image of Froakie as a hyper-french thing (because frogs are a major symbol for france) to give it much real thought. Give it a beret, discuss having froakie legs for dinner. I also expect a name to go with "Grenouille".

Does anyone think they will throw another surprise evolution at us?
    I mean Samurott was a huge shock to me at first
    Its my favorite fifth gen starter evolution it was just a surprise at first
    Huh, if they do it well, I wouldn't mind. Like how early thoughts were chespin's gonna be a bear.

-My younger brother

I'd prefer Fennekin to fallow in the lines of Charmander and Cyndaquil and have simpler evolutions. Which is why this is my favorite idea for a fennekin evolution. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ez-d5r0yjr.png
    Last edited by DSDark; 30th June 2013 at 11:56 PM.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    I'd prefer Fennekin to fallow in the lines of Charmander and Cyndaquil and have simpler evolutions. Which is why this is my favorite idea for a fennekin evolution. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ez-d5r0yjr.png
    Simple and predictable, but not bad.

-My younger brother

I hope Chespin's evolution is like a hedgehog version of Sceptile. I just want Chespin to look like a boss in its final evolution because its the first time I like the Grass starter over the others, just like how for the first time I liked the water starter over the others in5th gen.

No I don't want him on all fours, no I don't want him to be leaning over with some giant tree thing on his back, I want a legit badass hedgehog standing as proudly as Sceptile with a cool hood that comes with a cape and with him having sharp Wolverine-like claws and glaring at you with a straight face that actually intimidates you.

If Chespin is Grass/Dark GF, make him the most badass Grass starter of them all, please, don't screw this one up like you did Tepig.

The closest you could come to a regular non-mystical fox in Pokemon would be a Normal Type Fox Pokemon that is something I don't see Fennekin being but truth be told there are other Magical Foxes and they don't have to be Kitsunes as Kitsunes are a specific Fox Creature not all Foxes are Kitsunes

But on the Kitsune thing ill stick with my Kitsune Monk Theory even if I was wrong about Blaziken being part of the JTTW group Infernape and Emboar clearly are and I think if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic it could be a Kitsune Monk and why a Kitsune Monk? because I THINK (don't quote me) that some Kitsune were known to either mimic Budist Monks or out right possess them so Kitsunes and Budist Monks have a connection and in a VERY round about way Fennec Foxes have a connection to budist Monks because India where Budisim came from is near the middle east where Fennec Foxes come from it's the only reason if they were going the Kitsune Monk route that I could explain them using a Fennec Fox instead of a Red Fox

But I think a Djinn theme could work for a Fire/Psychic Fennekin course Fire/Fairy Fire/Rock and Fire/Ground even Fire/Flying all could work for a Djinn themed Fennekin

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Fennec Foxes have a connection to budist Monks because India where Budisim came from is near the middle east where Fennec Foxes come from it's the only reason if they were going the Kitsune Monk route that I could explain them using a Fennec Fox instead of a Red Fox
    Except Fennecs are largely from North Africa and the Sahara, and are much less common, if not extinct in the middle east. They have nothing at all to do with India? Your theory just doesn't match up with where Fennecs come form. Think Algeria, Egypt, Morocco. (Fennecs are actually a national symbol of Algeria). These are not middle east foxes, they are African, though-and-through

I'd rather see a maned wolf as inspiration for fennekin's final form (Maybe with a bat-eared fox as a first evo), or something Reynard themed to fit with France. Reynard is a trickster archetype much like many kitsunes are.

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    thats hardly an evo.... from fanarts i love this one
    3883-6008-7187

Page 572 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast