View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 574 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 14,326 to 14,350 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I liked his bulky design.

And for me it didn't seem a huge jump-still water mammals. Otters and sea lions look vaguely alike.
    I should clarify: I love the design (in fact, it's my second favorite final evolution for a water starter) and I think the bulkiness fits it due to being a shogun, it's just that the jump from Dewott to Samurott does make it a bit awkward since it loses some of the mobility (visually) present in the previous form. I think they could've made it a bit more transitional between the two so that they could keep that aspect more present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    As I always say, I love Samurott design and I like Serperior, I just don't like that they are Dewott and Servine evolutions .
    That's completely fair.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 1st July 2013 at 5:26 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I should clarify: I love the design (in fact, it's my second favorite final evolution for a water starter) and I think the bulkiness fits it due to being a shogun, it's just that the jump from Dewott to Samurott does make it a bit awkward since it loses some of the mobility (visually) present in the previous form. I think they could've made it a bit more transitional between the two.

That's completely fair.
    Fair enough. Though like I said above, I prefer samurott than what a straight line ewott evo would've been.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Really? His snout, the fin claw (I love how they have those), his tail?
    His tail that looked like nothing you'd ever see on a sea lion? Sea lions have a short stump for a tail. It also stood up really awkwardly in a way that a sea lion would not. Sealeo and Walrein are sea lions/walruses, but Samurott is not. Samurott is a really awkward design that never really harked to any animal for me, and I love weird animals like colugos and tenrecs, though my specialty is carnivorans.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    His tail that looked like nothing you'd ever see on a sea lion? Sea lions have a short stump for a tail. It also stood up really awkwardly in a way that a sea lion would not. Sealeo and Walrein are sea lions/walruses, but Samurott is not. Samurott is a really awkward design that never really harked to any animal for me, and I love weird animals like colugos and tenrecs, though my specialty is carnivorans.
    Okay, his tail not so much. But the rest screamed sea lion too me when they got revealed.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Okay, his tail not so much. But the rest screamed sea lion too me when they got revealed.
    I guess I'm just used to the real variant. I couldn't even tell that it was intended as a pinniped because it held itself off the ground. Much less a sea lion with their visible ears and forward facing feet.

I guess I'm just used to the real variant. I couldn't even tell that it was intended as a pinniped because it held itself off the ground. Much less a sea lion with their visible ears and forward facing feet.
    I suppose they didn't want it to look so close to dewgong.

-My younger brother

I suppose they didn't want it to look so close to dewgong.
    There's ways of making a pinniped pokemon that doesn't look like dewgong. Granted, I don't know why dewgong has it's name when it's a pinniped, not a sirenian (Can we get a proper water/grass manatee, plz?). But I think we're getting way off track here. I thought Samurott was a poor design, you liked it, we can move on and let the conversation go back to Kalos starters.

There's ways of making a pinniped pokemon that doesn't look like dewgong. Granted, I don't know why dewgong has it's name when it's a pinniped, not a sirenian (Can we get a proper water/grass manatee, plz?). But I think we're getting way off track here. I thought Samurott was a poor design, you liked it, we can move on and let the conversation go back to Kalos starters.
    Sure can.

What kind of face would you like for chespin? As a rodent he could go a few ways. They could go the Pikachu route and make him flat faced (Hate that), a raticate mid length, or while not a rodent, a floatzel/sandslash longish broad mouth (Preferred)

-My younger brother

Sure can.

What kind of face would you like for chespin? As a rodent he could go a few ways. They could go the Pikachu route and make him flat faced (Hate that), a raticate mid length, or while not a rodent, a floatzel/sandslash longish broad mouth (Preferred)
    One like a prehensile-tailed porcupine. Pokey piggy snout. :3

Kidding, mostly. I'm thinking that it won't be so much rodent as hedgehog and therefore retain the insectivore/omnivore style mouth.

As long as he doesn't get chisel teeth, I'm good. I actually despise that non-rodents get referred to as rodents in pokemon fandom. But I just be a pedantic biologist. Chespin straddles the line of being a rodent (porcupine) and being a member of Erinaceidae (hedgehog family, which are more related to shrews than anything else).

Kidding, mostly. I'm thinking that it won't be so much rodent as hedgehog and therefore retain the insectivore/omnivore style mouth.

As long as he doesn't get chisel teeth, I'm good. I actually despise that non-rodents get referred to as rodents in pokemon fandom. But I just be a pedantic biologist. Chespin straddles the line of being a rodent (porcupine) and being a member of Erinaceidae (hedgehog family, which are more related to shrews than anything else).
    Omg thats freaking cute I want one, Gamefreak make a pokemon out of that please!

I just want Fennekin to be quadrupedal throughout all of its evolutions. Can't we just have a normal quad fire starter for once?

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I just want Fennekin to be quadrupedal throughout all of its evolutions. Can't we just have a normal quad fire starter for once?
    Agreed. It will help make Fennekin stand out more against the other Fire starters as well.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

If he gets noticeable teeth, maybe little fangs.

-My younger brother

I know it leans more towards Fighting than Dark, but I still keep seeing Chespins evolution getting huge knuckle dusters that look like conker shells. They'd probs look more like boxing gloves as they cover most of his fist. But it would be a nice way to use Needle Arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I know it leans more towards Fighting than Dark, but I still keep seeing Chespins evolution getting huge knuckle dusters that look like conker shells. They'd probs look more like boxing gloves as they cover most of his fist. But it would be a nice way to use Needle Arm.
    Sort of like brass knuckles?

-My younger brother

I see Chespin as a knight. I just feel its cap (hat? Covering? Whatever that thing is) will extend around its arms in an armor-esque thing. I also see it growing a hard plate/scale covering, also like armor. I then see his muzzle extending outward and him gaining a more regal/strong aura.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Sort of like brass knuckles?
    Yeah basically, I just dont want them to do boxink gloves coz it just looks abit lazy, like I would imagine its hard for Hitmonchan to do anything put punch xD

Yeah basically, I just dont want them to do boxink gloves coz it just looks abit lazy, like I would imagine its hard for Hitmonchan to do anything put punch xD
    Not a bad idea. If he does go the boxer route, just no boxer helmet.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Omg thats freaking cute I want one, Gamefreak make a pokemon out of that please!
    Maybe it could be Chespin's 2nd Evolution..you may never know. It does look pretty cute though..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Maybe it could be Chespin's 2nd Evolution..you may never know. It does look pretty cute though..
    It is. Chespin's tail getting long isn't crazy.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I see Chespin as a knight. I just feel its cap (hat? Covering? Whatever that thing is) will extend around its arms in an armor-esque thing. I also see it growing a hard plate/scale covering, also like armor. I then see his muzzle extending outward and him gaining a more regal/strong aura.
    Same here..but i don't think it work if Chespin was a Grass/Dark Pokemon..i wonder what would suit a Grass/Dark Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Same here..but i don't think it work if Chespin was a Grass/Dark Pokemon..i wonder what would suit a Grass/Dark Pokemon
    It could be like Shiftry. But only if he goes down the assassin path.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Maybe they are going to be Fire/Fairy, Grass/Steel and Water/Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by ChespinFTW View Post
    Maybe they are going to be Fire/Fairy, Grass/Steel and Water/Fighting
    I don't think they'll put fairy on fennekin.

-My younger brother

I like fighting types so I'm going to pick the fox.

Page 574 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast