View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 587 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 14,651 to 14,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #14651
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    How would Froakie fly exactly?? Coz it would look like Thundurus but that he'd sunk in his cloud and then legs were sticking out the bottom. xD
    It could be a Flying Frog and glide like Emolga

  2. #14652
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    inb4 this actually happens.

    Yeah, if this happens, then NJNFNFJDNFJBEFJENFKLEFME FIENF EKFN FJKE FKEFE

    Personally, I want the starters to be:

    Chespin-Grass/Rock

    Fennekin-Fire/Ground or Fire/Ghost or Fire/Fairy

    Froakie-Water/Poison or Water/Flying (Yes, I know it's foam, but it could turn into clouds. Clouds are made out of Water Vapor, right?)
    Dude if a pig can turn into a wrestler why not froakie can turn into flying type... we have seen crazier evo's

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    How would Froakie fly exactly?? Coz it would look like Thundurus but that he'd sunk in his cloud and then legs were sticking out the bottom. xD
    Cause all flying types have wings??
    3883-6008-7187

  3. #14653
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    A flying type froakie could be very cool
    I imagined a long slender reptile with clouds/foam flowing from it

    But I don't think he will be flying type, I'd imagine he will be able to hop incredibly high tho of course if he can jump 3 stories high now
    It maybe he could be flying types without learning fly?


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  4. #14654
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    A flying type froakie could be very cool
    I imagined a long slender reptile with clouds/foam flowing from it

    But I don't think he will be flying type, I'd imagine he will be able to hop incredibly high tho of course if he can jump 3 stories high now
    It maybe he could be flying types without learning fly?
    Maybe he'd be like Doduo/Dodrio? When he uses Fly he just bounces?

    But I imagine it'd stay a frog. Probably gliding, like this, the Flying Frog, with the Foam changing to Clouds.

  5. #14655
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I don't know if this was already discussed but what if Fennekin's final stage turns out to be a fire/fairy type? It fits in the idea of the "cute" fairies GF have showed so far.

  6. #14656
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edu1987 View Post
    I don't know if this was already discussed but what if Fennekin's final stage turns out to be a fire/fairy type? It fits in the idea of the "cute" fairies GF have showed so far.
    I think GF will avoid to have a fairy type starter since it seems to be as OP as Dragon type and they try at all costs to create one without that typing (e.g.: Charizard). And about Fennekin I think for sure it will turn out to be Fire/Psychic.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  7. #14657
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    I think GF will avoid to have a fairy type starter since it seems to be as OP as Dragon type and they try at all costs to create one without that typing (e.g.: Charizard). And about Fennekin I think for sure it will turn out to be Fire/Psychic.
    hmm i am sorry but i dont understand this whole fairy type is op thing :/ .... just because it beats dragon this doesnt mean it beats everything dragon beats!!... dragons were formidable thanks to stats, movepool and many resistances.... as of now fairy only has one strenght beating dragons.... and if the rumours are true then it still will remain a balanced type.... so i dont see why not having a fairy starter... although i still believe fen will be part psy
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 6th July 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

  8. #14658
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edu1987 View Post
    I don't know if this was already discussed but what if Fennekin's final stage turns out to be a fire/fairy type? It fits in the idea of the "cute" fairies GF have showed so far.
    Some people can argue that Fennekin isn't cute, but Chespin and Froakie are. GF don't look at a pokemon and go 'Oh it's cute, it must be a Fairy'.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  9. #14659
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    hmm i am sorry but i dont understand this whole fairy type is op thing :/ .... just because it beats dragon this doesnt mean it beats everything dragon beats!!... dragons were formidable thanks to stats, movepool and many resistances.... as of now fairy only has one strenght beating dragons.... and if the rumours are true then it still will remain a balanced type.... so i dont see why not having a fairy starter... although i still believe fen will be part psy
    That's not my point. What I mean is when we are talking about the starters it wouldn't be that balanced if the others were pure Water and Grass for example and then a Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fairy appeared.

    Back then during BW we were discussing if Snivy could turn out to be Grass/Dragon and we all concluded that a Dragon type starter would have too much advantage when compared to the other starters. I would assume this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter seems to have more privileges than the other two.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  10. #14660
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    That's not my point. What I mean is when we are talking about the starters it wouldn't be that balanced if the others were pure Water and Grass for example and then a Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fairy appeared.

    Back then during BW we were discussing if Snivy could turn out to be Grass/Dragon and we all concluded that a Dragon type starter would have too much advantage when compared to the other starters. I would assume this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter seems to have more privileges than the other two.
    Yeah I agree, I think that the starters will never get paired with Dragon/Fairy or Electric (purely coz it's still kinda grouped in the starter category).
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  11. #14661
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    That's not my point. What I mean is when we are talking about the starters it wouldn't be that balanced if the others were pure Water and Grass for example and then a Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fairy appeared.

    Back then during BW we were discussing if Snivy could turn out to be Grass/Dragon and we all concluded that a Dragon type starter would have too much advantage when compared to the other starters. I would assume this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter seems to have more privileges than the other two.
    But this would happen just because dragons have an advantage over both fire and water.

  12. #14662
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    That's not my point. What I mean is when we are talking about the starters it wouldn't be that balanced if the others were pure Water and Grass for example and then a Fire/Dragon or Fire/Fairy appeared.

    Back then during BW we were discussing if Snivy could turn out to be Grass/Dragon and we all concluded that a Dragon type starter would have too much advantage when compared to the other starters. I would assume this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter seems to have more privileges than the other two.
    Again i dont understand why fairy is such a big privilege.... and why should the other starters remain pure?? and if they did whats the problem?? serperior ans samurot were while emboar wasnt... did it had such a big advantage?? fairy give SE against dragon but it ill also bring weaknesses.... ans since when starters were so balanced?? look all starters some are ou others NU or UU...
    3883-6008-7187

  13. #14663
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    Again i dont understand why fairy is such a big privilege.... and why should the other starters remain pure?? and if they did whats the problem?? serperior ans samurot were while emboar wasnt... did it had such a big advantage??
    Are you comparing a Fire/Fighting, pure Water and pure Grass with a Fire/Dragon, pure Water and pure Grass? Because if you are that's a completely different story as I explained in my other post. And when I said they would remain pure it was an example... They could be Fire/Flying and Water/Ground that a Dragon starter there would still unbalance it more than what happened during Gen V and GF tries to avoid these situations. So I assume the same will happen to a Fairy type starter.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  14. #14664
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Are you comparing a Fire/Fighting, pure Water and pure Grass with a Fire/Dragon, pure Water and pure Grass? Because if you are that's a completely different story as I explained in my other post. And when I said they would remain pure it was an example... They could be Fire/Flying and Water/Ground that a Dragon starter there would still unbalance it more than what happened during Gen V and GF tries to avoid these situations. So I assume the same will happen to a Fairy type starter.
    I never said dragon dude... i am only saying i dont see fairy=dragons!! I dont see why u make it sound as fairy is op when as of now and if rumours are right it certainly isnt!! I dont see a problem with a fairy type starter...THATS MY POINT
    3883-6008-7187

  15. #14665
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    I never said dragon dude... i am only saying i dont see fairy=dragons!! I dont see why u make it sound as fairy is op when as of now and if rumours are right it certainly isnt!!
    But I already explained why to me the scenario about Dragon can be mirrored with the Fairy type when talking about the starters being unbalanced. Not much more to say when I already explained it in my other two posts... I think it was logical and as I said its my opinion obviously other people have their own.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  16. #14666
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    But I already explained why to me the scenario about Dragon can be mirrored with the Fairy type when talking about the starters being unbalanced. Not much more to say when I already explained it in my other two posts... I think it was logical and as I said its my opinion obviously other people have their own.
    i saw your post but u dont explain why fairy is op...thats what i want u to explain me...u only says its op... (or was it on another post i missed??).. Dragon starter would be op cause no other starter would have an advantage over it, but on the contrary it would most propably resist the other starters... and that what makes it a big no for starter... cause it breaks the circle
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 6th July 2013 at 1:18 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

  17. #14667
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    i saw your post but u dont explain why fairy is op...thats what i want u to explain me...u only says its op... (or was it on another post i missed??).. Dragon starter would be op cause no other starter would have an advantage over it, but on the contrary it would most propably resist the other starters... and that what makes it a big no for starter... cause it breaks the circle
    I'm talking about trying to remain the three starters at the same level. If we got a Fire/Fairy or a Fire/Dragon it will obviously get access to better advantages when compared to the other two if they fail to counter part. When the trio is unbalanced because of one of them we can say for sure that one is OP which is something to be avoid by GF.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 6th July 2013 at 1:26 PM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  18. #14668
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    I'm talking about trying to remain the three starters at the same level. If we got a Fire/Fairy or a Fire/Dragon it will obviously get access to better advantages when compared to the other two if they fail to counter part. When the trio is unbalance because of one of them we can say for sure that one is OP which is something to be avoid by GF.

    i dont care about dragon starter cause i already agree with u on that... that dragon type starter would be op for reasons i stated above...

    My point is that i dont see fairy giving such op advantages as dragon gives.... and while u keep state it, u dont explain to me why u think otherwise, in order for me to understand your point...

    Fairy only gives an advantage over dragon but since no starter is dragon i dont see the harm

    Now if u mean that since fairy is SE against dragon and that on its own its a big advantage.. then again i disagree because steel also gives huge advantages but that didnt stoped empoleon to happen (while the other 2 starters didnt get as much)

    My point is dragon starter was and might still is op BUt fairy starter doesnt seem to be the same case
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 6th July 2013 at 1:29 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

  19. #14669
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    i dont care about dragon starter cause i already agree with u on that... that dragon type starter would be op for reasons i stated above...

    My point is that i dont see fairy giving such op advantages as dragon gives.... and while u keep state it, u dont explain to me why u think otherwise, in order for me to understand your point...

    Fairy only gives an advantage over dragon but since no starter is dragon i dont see the harm

    Now if u mean that since fairy is SE against dragon and that on its own its a big advantage.. then again i disagree because steel also gives huge advantages but that didnt stoped empoleon to happen (while the other 2 starters didnt get as much)

    My point is dragon starter was and might still is op BUt fairy starter doesnt seem to be the same case
    I'm not talking about the weaknesses related to Fairy-Dragon. Fairy type being SE against Dragon type is not the matter here since it would be even harder to create a successful trio of starters with Fairy and Dragon on their typing.

    And I have never talked about Steel type being at the same level as Dragon/Fairy type. I don't see how Empoleon can be compared to this situation since to me that defensive type is not the same as what we are referring to here. That was not even my argument... The Dragon typing as a whole gives a lot more advantages to a starter than if it got another dual type when compared to other starters. And that's the key here. It will be more unbalanced and harder to fix than what they did during Gen IV with great dual typing for all of them to counter-part each other or during Gen V with Emboar getting an advantage comparing to the others.

    And as I started the discussion this is all my assumption ("I would ASSUME this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter SEEMS to have more privileges than the other two"). I'm sure I have already explained what I meant with this all conversation about Dragon type and Fairy type seeming odd when talking about starters. Which was all said to justify my reason why I don't see Fennekin being in its final stage a Fire/Fairy Pokemon as it would get great advantages because it seems that, as I said in another post, Fairy is IMO trying to mirror the Dragon type's efficience (and therefore being OP to be able to be apart of the circle with any problem or existing one of them which is ridiculously better than the other).

    Again, it's my assumption.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  20. #14670
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Land Of Gods & Monsters
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    I'm not talking about the weaknesses related to Fairy-Dragon. Fairy type being SE against Dragon type is not the matter here since it would be even harder to create a successful trio of starters with Fairy and Dragon on their typing.

    And I have never talked about Steel type being at the same level as Dragon/Fairy type. I don't see how Empoleon can be compared to this situation since to me that defensive type is not the same as what we are referring to here. That was not even my argument... The Dragon typing as a whole gives a lot more advantages to a starter than if it got another dual type when compared to other starters. And that's the key here. It will be more unbalanced and harder to fix than what they did during Gen IV with great dual typing for all of them to counter-part each other or during Gen V with Emboar getting an advantage comparing to the others.

    And as I started the discussion this is all my assumption ("I would ASSUME this would be the same case as a Fairy type starter SEEMS to have more privileges than the other two"). I'm sure I have already explained what I meant with this all conversation about Dragon type and Fairy type seeming odd when talking about starters. Which was all said to justify my reason why I don't see Fennekin being in its final stage a Fire/Fairy Pokemon as it would get great advantages because it seems that, as I said in another post, Fairy is IMO trying to mirror the Dragon type's efficience (and therefore being OP to be able to be apart of the circle with any problem or existing one of them which is ridiculously better than the other).

    Again, it's my assumption.
    But again u only say great advantages but u dont explain what these great advantages are... :/

    how are they going to mirror dragons?? stat wise?? from the pokemon we've seen so far turning into fairy, we already see a big range in stats unlike dragons who most have very good stats
    resistances?? we dont know them yet and if the rumours are true fairy only has the dragon resistance, while dragons have 4 resistances and three of them are starters types...
    movepool?? thast the only thing that is debatable but again from the pokemon we've seen so far, there are so diverse that , its not like any fairy would be like dragons, who can learn all the good moves...

    so these are my examples as to why fairy doesnt mirror dragons... i respect your oppinion but since this is a forum and we can debate and discuss, i dont see u justifying your oppinion...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 6th July 2013 at 2:07 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

  21. #14671
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    I fail to see how Fairy-Type is OP. We only know that it is SE on Dragon-Type. For all we know, Grass, Bug and Normal are SE on it. The guy's rumor can't all be real, or he'd be risking way too much.

    Please don't say something is OP when you don't know the full details. *Facepalm*

    And even if it's OP, then GF can do whatever the hell they want.

    I bet Fennekin will be spiritual or desert related. So I guess;

    Fire/Rock

    Fire/Ground

    Fire/Psychic

    Fire/Ghost

    Fire/Fairy

    Please remember that it's just a rumor. I don't see Pangoro and friends yet. It's way too convenient if he got every single bit of info he did. Personally, I think only the info we've got so far is real.

  22. #14672
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    But again u only say great advantages but u dont explain what these great advantages are... :/

    how are they going to mirror dragons?? stat wise?? from the pokemon we've seen so far turning into fairy, we already see a big range in stats unlike dragons who most have very good stats
    resistances?? we dont know them yet and if the rumours are true fairy only has the dragon resistance, while dragons have 4 resistances and three of them are starters types...
    movepool?? thast the only thing that is debatable but again from the pokemon we've seen so far, there are so diverse that , its not like any fairy would be like dragons, who can learn all the good moves...

    so these are my examples as to why fairy doesnt mirror dragons... i respect your oppinion but since this is a forum and we can debate and discuss, i dont see u justifying your oppinion...
    You don't see me justifying my opinion after all this posts and a member understanding my point?! I've never said we shouldn't discusse this topic what I meant is that I have already said pretty much what my opinion consists of when answering if I see Fennekin's evo being Fire/Fairy.

    I'm not simply talking about "good moves" or looking mighty and all. That's not a reason to expect Fairy type to be shadowed by it as the other types. There is a huge difference when comparing the overall movepool and stats of all the Dragon Pokemon with for example all the Grass type pokemon or all the Fire type Pokemon. Clearly it wouldn't seem fair to compete with a Fire/Dragon Pokemon when there is a obvious advantage on it's typing. But what does this have to do with the Fairy type?

    Dragon't is a great offensive type that was pretty much OP until now. Therefore GF created Fairy type to counter-part its advantages and to do so it as to be at the same level as it is otherwise it won't successfully dethrone it... as we can see with it being immune to it and SE against it. That's the logic here.

    In the last generations we have never got the pseudo legendaries revealed before the games being released. You can't expect to see the powerful Fairy type Pokemon when we have only got two new Fairy Pokemon and four old ones. It's still too soon to expect fairy powerhouses. Dragon would for sure unbalance the starters and if in my opinion I see Fairy type following the same path (trying to mirror its offensiveness and being as efficient) than it will also be difficult to manage a good way to implement it on the starters. That's why I think Charizard isn't Fire/Dragon nor Sceptile Grass/Dragon.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 6th July 2013 at 2:17 PM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  23. #14673
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    You don't see me justifying my opinion after all this posts and a member understanding my point?! I've never said we shouldn't discusse this topic what I meant is that I have already said pretty much what my opinion consists of when answering if I see Fennekin's evo being Fire/Fairy.

    I'm not simply talking about "good moves" or looking mighty and all. That's not a reason to expect Fairy type to be shadowed by it as the other types. There is a huge difference when comparing the overall movepool and stats of all the Dragon Pokemon with for example all the Grass type pokemon or all the Fire type Pokemon. Clearly it wouldn't seem fair to compete with a Fire/Dragon Pokemon when there is a obvious advantage on it's typing. But what does this have to do with the Fairy type?

    Dragon't is a great offensive type that was pretty much OP until now. Therefore GF created Fairy type to counter-part its advantages and to do so it as to be at the same level as it is otherwise it won't successfully dethrone it... as we can see with it being immune to it and SE against it. That's the logic here.

    In the last generations we have never got the pseudo legendaries revealed before the games being released. You can't expect to see the powerful Fairy type Pokemon when we have only got two new Fairy Pokemon and four old ones. It's still too soon to expect fairy powerhouses. Dragon would for sure unbalance the starters and if in my opinion I see Fairy type following the same path (trying to mirror its offensiveness and being as efficient) than it will also be difficult to manage a good way to implement it on the starters. That's why I think Charizard isn't Fire/Dragon nor Sceptile Grass/Dragon.
    Fairy isn't meant to de-throne Dragon-Type or be the opposite of it. It was made to balance the metagame more.

  24. #14674
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    And what was wrong (per say) about metagame? Pretty much how effective Dragon type pokemon were becoming compared to the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Please don't say something is OP when you don't know the full details. *Facepalm*
    I'm discussing what I think about Fairy type and what I see happening with it. Have you ever heard of "assumption"? How is speculation something stupid to do without full details when people do that pretty much when there is no details at all...? No reason to be rude.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  25. #14675
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I fail to see how Fairy-Type is OP. We only know that it is SE on Dragon-Type. For all we know, Grass, Bug and Normal are SE on it. The guy's rumor can't all be real, or he'd be risking way too much.

    Please don't say something is OP when you don't know the full details. *Facepalm*

    And even if it's OP, then GF can do whatever the hell they want.

    I bet Fennekin will be spiritual or desert related. So I guess;

    Fire/Rock

    Fire/Ground

    Fire/Psychic

    Fire/Ghost

    Fire/Fairy


    Please remember that it's just a rumor. I don't see Pangoro and friends yet. It's way too convenient if he got every single bit of info he did. Personally, I think only the info we've got so far is real.
    Well Duh! xD You're right with these 5 guesses, but I doubt Fairy, It promotes Fennenkin waaaaay more than Chespin and Froakie, Why should Fennekin get it as opposed to the other 2?

    Fairy can happen for a starter but I doubt in the first gen its introduced.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



Page 587 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •