View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 607 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,175 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Do it like

Water/Rock
    Grass/Flying

and then

wait for it

Fire/Fighting

Chimchar and torichic lines have those already so it will just keep adding to the list, froakie I believe should have water/poison to give him that complete real poison frog type, so if they were dual types that would be a good one froakie. I will be selecting him as my starte regardless.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Default Lets Put A Spin On Things.

Actually i believe the final evolutions should be grass/ dark, fire/psychic, and water, fighting. That way people have the ability to defeat all of the starters, instead of the ones they are super-effective against. What do you guys believe?

I'd be perfectly fine with the Fire/Water/Grass and Dark/Psychic/Fighting theory. I can't see Fennekin turning into anything but Fire/Psychic unless it becomes pure Fire like Typlohsion.

Chespin is the 3rd grass starter Iv liked over the Fire-starters, even though this will be the first games where I choose the Grass starter. And I don't want my expectations to be ill, I want Chespin to live up to my grass-starter expectations. Treecko and Turtwig both looked a bit weird when I first saw them, but I ended up liking them over the other starters, and they both ended up evolving to incredibly cool Pokemon. Sceptile and Torterra still remain in my Top 20 of GameFreak's best Pokemon designs. I want this pattern to continue, I want Chespin to evolve into the best Grass Starter out of all 6 generations.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine with the Fire/Water/Grass and Dark/Psychic/Fighting theory. I can't see Fennekin turning into anything but Fire/Psychic unless it becomes pure Fire like Typlohsion.

Chespin is the 3rd grass starter Iv liked over the Fire-starters, even though this will be the first games where I choose the Grass starter. And I don't want my expectations to be ill, I want Chespin to live up to my grass-starter expectations. Treecko and Turtwig both looked a bit weird when I first saw them, but I ended up liking them over the other starters, and they both ended up evolving to incredibly cool Pokemon. Sceptile and Torterra still remain in my Top 20 of GameFreak's best Pokemon designs. I want this pattern to continue, I want Chespin to evolve into the best Grass Starter out of all 6 generations.
    D: I have gone (in gen order) : Fire -> Water -> Water -> Fire -> Grass -> Grass

i am all tied up lol >.<

MY order Grass>Grass> Water> Grass >Grass >Grass

I wrote grass so much i dont even know if thats how you spell it anymore
    MEGANIUM
    "The Aroma that arises from its petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings"

Friend code 3ds: 2492 -5243 -1059 Add me for friend zone and inbox me yours once done

My order:
    Fire —> Fire —> Fire —> Water/ Fire —> Fire

I'm a hopeless creature of habit (XD), but in all seriousness I want Chespin so far. I always make my decision based on the final evolutions, though. I see potential for all of them. Froakie I originally hated, but it's really grown on me. Fennekin was my initial second choice if Chespin's final evo sucked, but I love them all a lot! This is the best bunch I've seen, and I really hope GameFreak does them justice in the evolutions department.

That being said, I want Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark. A second effectiveness triangle would be awesome! I've been rooting for this since the Direct in January, and I see plenty of potential for the designs.
    Last edited by R000; 14th July 2013 at 3:05 PM.

my order:

Fire -> Grass -> Grass -> Grass -> Grass -> Fire

Lol although fire is my favorite type i only liked the first 2 gen's fire starters XD
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by SnowGlaceon View Post
    Actually i believe the final evolutions should be grass/ dark, fire/psychic, and water, fighting. That way people have the ability to defeat all of the starters, instead of the ones they are super-effective against. What do you guys believe?
    I've supported the rumor of a second triangle ever since it was introduced. I like how it allows each starter to have an advantage against the one it would normally be not-very-effective against. It just seems fair to me.
    And I'd love a Fire/Psychic Fennekin. :3

Speaking of starters... (I only have from Emerald)

Water --> Water (Platinum) --> Water (SS) --> Water (B) --> Grass (B2)
    Yeah I like meh water starters ~
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I've supported the rumor of a second triangle ever since it was introduced. I like how it allows each starter to have an advantage against the one it would normally be not-very-effective against. It just seems fair to me.
    And I'd love a Fire/Psychic Fennekin. :3

Speaking of starters... (I only have from Emerald)

Water --> Water (Platinum) --> Water (SS) --> Water (B) --> Grass (B2)
    Yeah I like meh water starters ~
    Me too. Water Gen 1 all the way to 6
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Me too. Water Gen 1 all the way to 6
    I wasn't here for Gens I or II. If I was there, though, it probably would have been Water still.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I wasn't here for Gens I or II. If I was there, though, it probably would have been Water still.
    Yeah, Squirtle and Totodile are awesome.

No one else has equally divided it up XD haha.

in order for me, starting from crystal: Fire(Crystal), grass(ruby)/Fire(Sapphire)/reset over and over for all starters(emerald), Fire(FR)/Fire(LG), Grass(Diamond)/Grass and fire(Pearl)/???(haven't started my platinum yet), Fire(Black)/Water(White), Riolu(W2)/DWF Magikarp and Drought Vulpix(B2)....

After the white and black starters were used again for BW2, I just ditched the starters and started training a competitive team. I was originally going to play through Black with my shiny gastly that a friend gave me and thunderus-t but I wanted to start competitive battling to join local leagues.
    Last edited by Astrint; 14th July 2013 at 7:50 PM.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Not counting remakes my order has been Fire->Water->Grass-> Water -Grass.

I haven't picked a Fire starter since charizard(though blaziken was tempting), Sinnohs been the only gen were I liked all 3. Looking like I'm going with Chespin this gen but Fennekin might get lucky and be my first primary fire starter in forever.

the problem I am having with choosing which starter I would like is they have shown us some really cool alternate choices

Chespin - Gogoat
    Fennekin - Talonflame
    Froakie - Skrelp/Clauncher

I still don't know which one to choose (which is silly as I will end up with all 3 but its that first choice that really sets the game in motion)

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    the problem I am having with choosing which starter I would like is they have shown us some really cool alternate choices

Chespin - Gogoat
    Fennekin - Talonflame

I still don't know which one to choose (which is silly as I will end up with all 3 but its that first choice that really sets the game in motion)
    Agreed. I REALLY wanna use Clauncher but I always pick the Water starter.... conflicted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Agreed. I REALLY wanna use Clauncher but I always pick the Water starter.... conflicted!
    Stick with the Water-type starter. As you can seen from the "Favorite Starter Poll", you'll be in the minority, and that makes it worth while.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    Stick with the Water-type starter. As you can seen from the "Favorite Starter Poll", you'll be in the minority, and that makes it worth while.
    Yeah you're right. Oshawott got ALOT of hate when the gen V ones were first revealed I defended him until the end and now looks at him. Clearly the most favored starter when it came to the anime.

I don't remember which starters I chose in RBY, but my order is

FRLG: Grass
    HGSS: Water
    RSE: Fire
    DPP: Fire
    BW: Water

I really hope Chespin turns out to be a good grass starter, because as of today only Bulbasaur is the "better" choise when it comes to grass starters.

my order

fire-fire-fire ( didn't last long reset and used mudkip xD finished the game reset and used treeko alot eventually went back to mudkip) grass-water
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Here is my order for first playthrough, as I have started over on many of the games several times.
    Totodile(C) - Mudkip(R) - Squirtle(FR) - Mudkip(E) - Piplup(P) - Turtwig (Pt) - Cyndaquil (HG) - Odhawott (W) - Tepig (W2)
    Well I generally like the water starters the best, and I also like Froakie best of the basic designs from 6th gen.

My favorites are kind of matching my fist playthroughs, but completely: Squirtle(I) - Cyndaquil(II) - Mudkip(III) - Piplup(IV) - Oshawott(V)
    Last edited by Endless; 14th July 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Mind was Charmander (now none of them due to too much Kanto praise), Tododile, Mudkip (no I hate the dumb meme in fact), Turtwig, Snivy, and Fennekin.

So my order of favorites are all equal in terms of types.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post

Chespin - Gogoat
    Fennekin - Talonflame

Yeah it really does
    And what I feel makes it more enjoyable is just going with your favorites regardless of your choice's types
    Sure you may struggle at time but that just makes it all the more fun

___

My order went
    Chickorita(started with silver)-squirtle-mudkip-piplup-oshawott
    And froakie is next in line

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Charmander>Totodile>Torchic>Turtwig>Oshawott>Chesp in

2xGrass
    2xFire
    2xWater

X or Y...no idea...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Page 607 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast