View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 64 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141641064 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benedicere View Post
    Just imagine some weird typings like Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, Water/Grass. They would all end up being neutral to each other. Of course, this is something that's not happening, but it would be an interesting concept.
    Wild Pokemon, maybe.
    As a starter, it'd make me vomit.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    So what do yall think --> cLICK <--
    Seen it too many times, people keep posting it. Doubt it's real.

I've got a few arts I've found for the final evos, here's one. Whatchu guys think?

Chespin pangolin.jpg

Edit; Fanart, nothing official
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

So what do yall think --> cLICK <--
    It's fanart.
    Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post
    I've got a few arts I've found for the final evos, here's one. Whatchu guys think?

Chespin pangolin.jpg
    The first one reminds me too much of Palpitoad. I think the other one was better. It's amazing how quickly though people can draw up these concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedicere View Post
    Just imagine some weird typings like Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, Water/Grass. They would all end up being neutral to each other. Of course, this is something that's not happening, but it would be an interesting concept.
    Lodicolo says hi
    Steel is the type of science

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post

Chespin pangolin.jpg

Edit; Fanart, nothing official
    why is everybody suddenly posting fanart.

@Ironfish: Damn, I wanted to say that.
    Last edited by Luxvan; 10th January 2013 at 4:38 AM. Reason: **** off, Serebii, I can do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    why is everybody suddenly posting fanart.
    to annoy you To show the creativity of Fans?
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    Lodicolo says hi
    We don't have a starter like that though, and Ludicolo is only an okay Pokemon. We still need the other two aforementioned types. It would be interesting if they were somewhat related to Ludicolo. A Pokemon based on a hot chili pepper for Grass/Fire and the Water/Fire one based on some other Mexican dish?

That wasn't arial ace that was obviously shadow claw or night slash *faceplam*

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't read my post. None of the types you listed are common early game types. By the time Torterra reaches Snowpoint, you have plenty of other Pokemon to back it up, and Torterra could have something to back its self up by then. Swampert is 4x weak to grass, but it can learn Ice Beam, and you don't really see a lot of tough grass types other than Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile. Finally, Charizard gains Flying type when it gets to level 36. By then, it could have Metal Claw (FR LG). What I'm saying is, Chespin wouldn't have anything to counter Bug types early in the game, and even if he gains Dark type after an evo (likely), it seems like there's going to be a Bug type gym (player bouncing on spider web?) or E4, and there isn't much to counter them. Maybe Aerial Ace (that wasn't Shadow Claw, that was Aerial Ace in the trailer, which completely debunks the Dark typing anyways).
    Yeah my bad.

Regarding the "Aerial Ace" from the trailer: I think that it would be weird for Gamefreak to add something irrelevant to an attack animation. In this case, if it was Aerial Ace than the black and purple lines would serve no purpose, since it has nothing to with the attack. That makes me think that it is some new attack, an Aerial Ace variation, and Dark type seems like the appropiate type for it.

The same applies for the Water attack Froakie uses. It having snowflakes may be an indicator of the temperature the water has. Maybe it is a new attack, a variation of Scald that has a chance of freezing, thus the snowflakes are used to distiguish it from Water Gun and Scald.

So yeah, those were my little theories.

to annoy you To show the creativity of Fans?
    Lol. Point is, they could at least make their own instead of going 'LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON DEVIANTART!!!!'

Is it against the rules to post fanart? Thought people were sick of seeing that one art over and over. I'm new here and don't want to break any rules

So could Chespin possibly be a porcupine? Cause the whole "pin" thing.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    If he is a gentlemen/elegant i would love him even more. I can see him having a cane or the foam turns into a coat.
    I actually think the foam will turn into a combo of a petticoat & a powdered wig. Maybe something similar to Pompadour from Babar
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Yeah my bad.

Regarding the "Aerial Ace" from the trailer: I think that it would be weird for Gamefreak to add something irrelevant to an attack animation. In this case, if it was Aerial Ace than the black and purple lines would serve no purpose, since it has nothing to with the attack. That makes me think that it is some new attack, an Aerial Ace variation, and Dark type seems like the appropiate type for it.

The same applies for the Water attack Froakie uses. It having snowflakes may be an indicator of the temperature the water has. Maybe it is a new attack, a variation of Scald that has a chance of freezing, thus the snowflakes are used to distiguish it from Water Gun and Scald.

faint attack says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Yeah my bad.

I coulda sworn it's Night Slash and Ice Beam

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't read my post. None of the types you listed are common early game types. By the time Torterra reaches Snowpoint, you have plenty of other Pokemon to back it up, and Torterra could have something to back its self up by then. Swampert is 4x weak to grass, but it can learn Ice Beam, and you don't really see a lot of tough grass types other than Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile. Finally, Charizard gains Flying type when it gets to level 36. By then, it could have Metal Claw (FR LG). What I'm saying is, Chespin wouldn't have anything to counter Bug types early in the game, and even if he gains Dark type after an evo (likely), it seems like there's going to be a Bug type gym (player bouncing on spider web?) or E4, and there isn't much to counter them. Maybe Aerial Ace (that wasn't Shadow Claw, that was Aerial Ace in the trailer, which completely debunks the Dark typing anyways).
    But what if there last stage or even 2nd stage are when the 2nd type shows up, by the time you make it to that level, you should have other pokemon to back you up.

Also fire was weak to rock, yet the first gym many times has been a rock gym, that seems unfair. But they did it. Just because it seems unfair does not make it unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    So could Chespin possibly be a porcupine? Cause the whole "pin" thing.
    Its a hedgehog mixed with a marron nut.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    faint attack says hi
    I completely forgot about Faint Attack. But still, the animation doesn't look like it would fit the attack. I'm still inclined towards it being a new move.

EDIT:

It can't be Ice Beam. When it impacts Pansear it splashes. I also tought of Night Slash at first, but someone pointed out that it looked just like Aerial Ace's animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Lol. Point is, they could at least make their own instead of going 'LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON DEVIANTART!!!!'
    No one is being close to that pushy and maybe not everyone is an artist therefore can't make their own proper art, but they find something appealing so they want to share it, plus no is spamming the same fanart, so far it's all different, stop hating.

Chespin is a mix of chestnut and pin. If you look at japanese and french names, they're combinations of hedgehog, needle, and chestnut.

I am hoping that Chespin becomes a Grass/Steel type who is a Metal Spined Porcupine thing. Fennekin I can see being pure Fire or Fire/Psychic. Then Froakie I see being a half dark type thief or a half flying type with foamy cloud thing wings and stuff.

~

I agree, I thought it was night slash. However, I think Tavo is right with Froakie's thing being a new move. Ice beam is generally thinner in all Pokemon games thus far. Even Battle Revolution has it displayed as a thin beam. I don't see why they'd make it suddenly much thicker and chunkier.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I am hoping that Chespin becomes a Grass/Steel type who is a Metal Spined Porcupine thing. Fennekin I can see being pure Fire or Fire/Psychic. Then Froakie I see being a half dark type thief or a half flying type with foamy cloud thing wings and stuff.
    FROAKIE WILL NOT HAVE WINGS and he may be part fighting but I don't want water/dark

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I agree, I thought it was night slash. However, I think Tavo is right with Froakie's thing being a new move. Ice beam is generally thinner in all Pokemon games thus far. Even Battle Revolution has it displayed as a thin beam. I don't see why they'd make it suddenly much thicker and chunkier.
    True, good point, New Moves should be expected....on that topic wonder what kind of move tutor's we will have and how they will impact previous Gen Pokemon..

Page 64 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141641064 ... LastLast