View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 645 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,125 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Back when WPM first posted the leak he accidently transcribed the starters final typing as Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/dark. He later edited and clarified saying that he had accidentally switched Chespin and Froakie's secondary typing. Especially given the pokejungle translations of the trademarked names and their possible relations to the starting I'm wondering if it really was/is the other way around

I'd like to see Froakie become sort of like a ninja, that would be cool ^^

Chespin, I just hope he doesnt become a slow and bulky grass type, but I am excited for him to learn wood hammer ^^ I also think they need to make a water type wood hammer, fire types have flare blitz, but water pokemon don't have a heavy physical attack really..

Fennekin... Im not that interested in it, just hope it isn't fire fighting lol

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    Chespin, I just hope he doesnt become a slow and bulky grass type, but I am excited for him to learn wood hammer ^^ I also think they need to make a water type wood hammer, fire types have flare blitz, but water pokemon don't have a heavy physical attack really..
    Chespin has about 57 base HP and, basing off of the average change of HP between first and last stage for the starters, its final evolution will have around 101 base HP, so it will likely be on the bulkier side. The official website also says that it has a hard shell, which makes me think of it having good defense, as well. I predict that Chespin will end up being similar to Torterra: good HP, Att, and Def. I think he may have less Sp Att or Sp Def than Torterra in favour of higher Speed, though.

I wouldn't mind too much it being a bit bulky.. but I am hoping against hope for a fast and strong physical attacker... but I was thinking about what you said, bulky hp, defences and good attack, but low spatk in exchange for some extra speed.... that could be good ^^

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

I wouldn't mind them making a bulky chespin, just to show that Grass/Dark, despite it's weaknesses, if given the proper movepool, can be very good defensively

I really hope the starters all get good movepools. Since Froakie gets quick attack than I hope it gets aqua jet because priority is underestimated. Froakie and Fennekin seem fast while Chespin seems more like a bulkier physical attacker so I also hope that chespin gets some priority moves as well to get past any speed issues. If Chespin's evo is Grass/Dark like it says in the pokebeach rumours than I hope it gets sucker punch.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    I really hope the starters all get good movepools. Since Froakie gets quick attack than I hope it gets aqua jet because priority is underestimated. Froakie and Fennekin seem fast while Chespin seems more like a bulkier physical attacker so I also hope that chespin gets some priority moves as well to get past any speed issues. If Chespin's evo is Grass/Dark like it says in the pokebeach rumours than I hope it gets sucker punch.
    I got to admit that the Gen 5 starters had dissapointing movepools so i hope that changes this gen..I want Fennekin to get Shadow Ball, Chespin to get Rock Tomb and Froakie to get the three elemental punches..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I got to admit that the Gen 5 starters had dissapointing movepools so i hope that changes this gen..I want Fennekin to get Shadow Ball, Chespin to get Rock Tomb and Froakie to get the three elemental punches..
    I'm not so sure Froakie will get ThunderPunch or Fire Punch, they're not really standard on water types...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I'm not so sure Froakie will get ThunderPunch or Fire Punch, they're not really standard on water types...
    Your right..but i would like to see it have a counter movie to it's weaknesses..like maybe Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    I'd like to see Froakie become sort of like a ninja, that would be cool ^^
    I'm more interested to see what animal characteristics will be incorporated in its design.Oshawott turned from an otter to a sealion...so,what will Froakie become?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I'm more interested to see what animal characteristics will be incorporated in its design.Oshawott turned from an otter to a sealion...so,what will Froakie become?
    If it turns into the Rumoured Water/Fighting..

954659_536985536365230_1456055857_n.jpg

It sucks...there's nothing original about that design.I want something different for Froakie.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

While I actually like that fan art, it still doesn't feel like Froakie to me. But I have a good feeling about the starters, it's the first time since Gen 3 where they've all immediately appealed to me. Plus the designs of all Gen 6 pokemon so far have been really on point as far as I'm concerned and the most work normally goes on the starters so I have faith that they'll be really good.

The only downside is because GF have left it so long, everyone has got an idea of what they think/want them to look like, so I am expecting alot of moaning from some people. It might have been better if we got the starters in May like in BW.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    While I actually like that fan art, it still doesn't feel like Froakie to me. But I have a good feeling about the starters, it's the first time since Gen 3 where they've all immediately appealed to me. Plus the designs of all Gen 6 pokemon so far have been really on point as far as I'm concerned and the most work normally goes on the starters so I have faith that they'll be really good.

The only downside is because GF have left it so long, everyone has got an idea of what they think/want them to look like, so I am expecting alot of moaning from some people. It might have been better if we got the starters in May like in BW.
    I hope they reveal the middle stages in the next CoroCoro.I'm sick of waiting!

I want to know if I'll choose Froakie or Chespin.Or if I'll ditch the starter like in gen V.

Talonflame is already a team member and my main pokemon.Maybe I'll use Skrelp too.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 24th July 2013 at 12:04 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

I hope they reveal the middle stages in the next CoroCoro.I'm sick of waiting!

I want to know if I'll choose Froakie or Chespin.Or if I'll ditch the starter like in gen V.

Talonflame is already a team member and my main pokemon.Maybe I'll use Skrelp too.
    At first I wasn't too bothered coz I always pick Water first and I like Froakie the most anyway. But lately I want the evos coz we may get their secondary types and it can stop some of the specualation.

I normally always use the regional bird on my first play so I can see me having a Talonflame to. But I'm still stumped as to which version I'm getting.

I also can't picture anything like that for Froakie, it's too similar to Blaziken. I have hard time picturing a Water/Fighting evolution, because I'm fighting believing that's the route he'll end up going. I want Water/Flying so much more, the design possibilities in my head are so much cooler for that.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

At first I wasn't too bothered coz I always pick Water first and I like Froakie the most anyway. But lately I want the evos coz we may get their secondary types and it can stop some of the specualation.

I normally always use the regional bird on my first play so I can see me having a Talonflame to. But I'm still stumped as to which version I'm getting.
    I do think that we are going to see the Middle Stages next CoroCoro..but not the final stages..i am looking forward to it

I do think that we are going to see the Middle Stages next CoroCoro..but not the final stages..i am looking forward to it
    It would be nice to, this so called 'big scoop' is intriguing. But it can't be just about the starters coz corocoro have revealed starters before so i don't get why these ones are a bigger scoop than the Unova or Sinnoh starters.

Same here..i honestly think that the Gen 6 starters are much better so far than the Gen 5 Starters...all of them look great

It would be nice to, this so called 'big scoop' is intriguing. But it can't be just about the starters coz corocoro have revealed starters before so i don't get why these ones are a bigger scoop than the Unova or Sinnoh starters.
    I'm hoping for a full blow-out pf fairy type's weaknesses and strengths. Though, starter evos wouldn't be bad either. The discussion on this thread has been going around in circles for months. Put an end to our misery Gamefreak!
    Last edited by Underachiever007; 24th July 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    I'm hoping or a full blow-out pf fairy type's weaknesses and strengths. Though, starter evos wouldn't be bad either. The discussion on this thread has been going around in circles or months. Put an end to our misery Gamefreak!
    I completly agree... time to put an end to out misery Gamefreak..

Because they are the smexiest starters ever :3

Seriously though, the 'Big Scoop' is probably a lot of info, not just one big piece of info

Instead of typings, lets discuss what designs you'll think the starters will get.

Am betting on Fennekin's ear hair and tail to go on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    I also can't picture anything like that for Froakie, it's too similar to Blaziken. I have hard time picturing a Water/Fighting evolution, because I'm fighting believing that's the route he'll end up going. I want Water/Flying so much more, the design possibilities in my head are so much cooler for that.
    Not to mention the colours reminds me too much of Thundurus, like it's another form for it. But even though I personally think Froakie will end up Water/Fighting, the design possibilities of a Water/Flying Froakie evo are also amazing in my head. Which is a shame because I'm already set to go with chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotJames View Post
    Not to mention the colours reminds me too much of Thundurus, like it's another form for it. But even though I personally think Froakie will end up Water/Fighting, the design possibilities of a Water/Flying Froakie evo are also amazing in my head. Which is a shame because I'm already set to go with chespin.
    I'm sick of the Fighting type being among the starters.I want something else.There are other 14 types available to explore.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

I'm sick of the Fighting type being among the starters.I want something else.There are other 14 types available to explore.
    Tell me about it. And tbh, if it wasn't for the rumors, the last thing I'd even consider was Froakie being Water/Fighting.

Though like two other starters, I think Froakie will be based on a Journey to the West character, in this case Sha Wujing and will be Fighting-Type.

I think Froakie would be a great Water/Flying-Type.

I mean Clouds are Water-based, Froakie is very swift and Acrobatic, and we know it can Bounce incredible distances.

Page 645 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast