View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 77 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271771077 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1901
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Ah... never used either of those two!

  2. #1902
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Am I the only one who sees Chespin becoming Grass/Fighting? I say this based on it's design and the fact it is based on a horse chestnut or 'conker' as they are called in the UK which are used to 'fight' each other by tying a string through them and swinging them at each other in turns. It would be a nice change for the Grass starter to pick up a Fighting type along the way. I think Fennekin will pick up the Psychic type and I see Froakie staying as pure Water or Water/Dark.

  3. #1903
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Torchic's family gained the secondary Fighting-type because of the idea of ****-fighting. Chickens can't fly long distances, hence the lack of Flying-type. By your logic, bird-like Pokémon should all fly.

    There is no reason to say that Fennekin won't be part Ground-type, or that it won't be part Psychic-type. It's all up in the air...
    Well, almost all bird-like Pokemon do fly. But I don't think that means that all bird-like PokeMon will be part-Flying types--that's what I'm arguing.

    I'm just saying that there's no real reason to assume Fennekin will end up being a Fire/Ground type based on empirical observation of fennec foxes (which seems to be your argument as well, which is why I'm confused about why you've taken issue with what I've said). However, that being said, I don't think you can readily claim its all up in the air. Fennekin seems to (pretty clearly) use a Psychic attack in the teaser trailer, and I'm more inclined to consider that evidence than speculation. That's all I meant to say, and I don't mean to come across as nit-picky.

    Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    If Froakie is water/fighting, he would be the first of that combo, right?
    The third, actually--we haven't had a non-legendary Water/Fighting type since Poliwrath, and Keldeo was also Water/Fighting.

  4. #1904
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Yes I can really see chespin beconeing a fighting type
    But as I said before, knowing GF nobody knows


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  5. #1905
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Doesn't the way of showing the pokemon in the link seem like it is the real Froakie's evolution. If so, then without any doubt, it is Water/ Fighting.

    Link
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  6. #1906
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Oh I hope they do not do that. For once I would like to see a slim frog with some speed.

  7. #1907
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Doesn't the way of showing the pokemon in the link seem like it is the real Froakie's evolution. If so, then without any doubt, it is Water/ Fighting.

    Link
    It's obviously fake>.>

  8. #1908
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    At a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yes I can really see chespin beconeing a fighting type
    But as I said before, knowing GF nobody knows
    I still think of Chespin as being focused on defense more than attack, so I don't picture it as a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. I think he might end up being Grass/Steel by the time of its final evolution, with the green thing on its head, back and tail becoming a spiked armor.

  9. #1909
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Doesn't the way of showing the pokemon in the link seem like it is the real Froakie's evolution. If so, then without any doubt, it is Water/ Fighting.

    Link
    While it might use a similar presentation style, the artwork doesn't seem to match very well with Sugimori style used for official PokeMon art. This is just some very well done fanart. There's no reason to presume we'll learn about any evolutions for a while--it's possible that, because the game has a global release date instead of a staggered release, we won't know anything about any Generation VI Pokemon until October.

  10. #1910
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    Lord have mercy on me if that's what it would look like, GF needs to throw that damn all Water-types need to be bulky monsters out the window, its fan-artist as well.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  11. #1911
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Hello there, I may be new here but actually I've been lurking around since the IV Gen got revealed. I just can't remember my username lol.
    And here I am yet again for the discussion of a new Gen.

    Back to topic, I freaking love all the three starters. Chespin being my favourite cause I've always chosen the grass starter since Bulbasaur.

    Also just wanna point out something regarding the starter Fennekin.

    Notice the so-called three lines on Fenne's head?

        Spoiler:- Fennekin:


    I don't know why but it kinda reminds me of this;

        Spoiler:- Sakuyamon:


        Spoiler:- My lame theory:


    Just my two cents though, to add the the whole Fennekin final evo being Fire/Psychic.

    Also Chespin reminds me of these guys lol;

        Spoiler:- Nintama Rantaro:
    I could see Fennekin following the shaman route...

  12. #1912
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    I still think of Chespin as being focused on defense more than attack, so I don't picture it as a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. I think he might end up being Grass/Steel by the time of its final evolution, with the green thing on its head, back and tail becoming a spiked armor.
    Yes I think he will be based on defence


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  13. #1913
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tao Village
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    I still think of Chespin as being focused on defense more than attack, so I don't picture it as a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. I think he might end up being Grass/Steel by the time of its final evolution, with the green thing on its head, back and tail becoming a spiked armor.
    So basically it's another Ferrothorn...If it gets Spikes then...oh boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

    Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

    Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

    Edit: Hoenn
    __________
    DeviantART
    Twitter

  14. #1914
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I don't think any of this generations starters are going to be focused purely on defense, not saying that they will not have good defenses though.

  15. #1915
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    I still think of Chespin as being focused on defense more than attack, so I don't picture it as a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. I think he might end up being Grass/Steel by the time of its final evolution, with the green thing on its head, back and tail becoming a spiked armor.
    Cool, could be like someone mentioned in the thread earlier.

    A MEDIEVAL theme for their final evos!

    Chespin - Knight
    Fennekin - Mage
    Froakie - Thief

    lol

  16. #1916
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    I'm actually Really curious what the new starters dream world abilities will be. Will they be already existing ones like magic gaurd fennekin, defiant chespin, and swift swim froakie? Or entirely new abilities?,
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  17. #1917
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tao Village
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    I'm interested in seeing what their hidden abilities will be. Their regular abilities are obviously going to be Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively. But I wonder what their hidden ones will be? We probably need to see their final evolutions for that.

    EDIT: Goddammit I was beaten to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

    Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

    Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

    Edit: Hoenn
    __________
    DeviantART
    Twitter

  18. #1918
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    At a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    So basically it's another Ferrothorn...If it gets Spikes then...oh boy.
    Yeah. I do see it getting Spikes due to it being based on a hedgehog. If it ends up as Grass/Steel, Fennekin as a Fire/Psychic and Froakie as Water/Fighting by the time of their final evos the starters would actually be somewhat balanced.

  19. #1919
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Lol what abilities do you think are likely?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what their hidden abilities will be. Their regular abilities are obviously going to be Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively. But I wonder what their hidden ones will be? We probably need to see their final evolutions for that.

    EDIT: Goddammit I was beaten to it.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  20. #1920
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I have a feeling the roles of these starters will be much more similar to Generations II and IV--

    Chespin will fill the role of the Physical Attacker/Wall (such as the Feraligatr and Torterra)
    Fennekin will fill the role of the Special Attacker/Wall (such as Maganium and Empoleon)
    Froakie will fill the role of the Mixed Sweeper (such as Typhlosion and Infernape)

  21. #1921
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ok, who were the 3 morons who said that duncesparce was better?

    and even if froakie was a water/fighting...its still to goofy for me XD
    Dunsparce is really bad..any starter is better than him

  22. #1922
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I originally only liked fennikin and chespin but know froakie is starting to grow on me. I like them all now and there design really will reflect well in 3d I hope.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  23. #1923
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Froakie is more popular than I thought. It's my least favorite of the bunch.
    Check out my new blog! I discuss video game related stuff, including Pokémon.

    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/29fxfti.png[/IMG]

  24. #1924
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Froakies actually my favorite from the start,
    But I really thought it would be least liked.
    Things will change when the evolved forms are shown


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  25. #1925
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    I have a feeling the roles of these starters will be much more similar to Generations II and IV--

    Chespin will fill the role of the Physical Attacker/Wall (such as the Feraligatr and Torterra)
    Fennekin will fill the role of the Special Attacker/Wall (such as Maganium and Empoleon)
    Froakie will fill the role of the Mixed Sweeper (such as Typhlosion and Infernape)
    I think that Chespin will fit in a role very similar to Spectile..i might be wrong but that's my prediction

Page 77 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271771077 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •