View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 81 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485911311811081 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Indeed. This gen has really interesting starters. All of them have a lot of potential. Just want to see how they will turn out to look like, and also what their typing will be. And, unless they screw Fennekin REALLY bad (NO. MORE. FIGHTING/FIRE. STARTERS. THANKS.), he is going to be my partner.
    They do, but I'm also choosing Fennekin for my partner.

....unless if the evolutions prove otherwise, OR, Fennekin's fire/fight. because I never loved Emboar. Never will. /shot
    But, if I say, Chespin almost looks either Grass/Dark, or Grass/Ground <.>
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Yeah and probably it is going to be
    But we have to wait for the confirmation

I also saw someone posting:maybe fire/bug
    *PAAALMMMMFACEEE*
    Fire bug. Seems legit. Remember the last time you stepped in that pesky Fennec Fox look-alike bug? (Seriously, how could he say that? Makes no sense!)

But, all jokes aside, I would love Fire/Psychic, but since GameFreak likes playing tricks on us, I'd like to wait and see...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I wonder when we'll get info and pictures on the evolutions of the starters...I'm hoping by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    The more I see the attack, the more I think it is a Psychic type move. When Fennekin uses the Fire type move (possibly Flamethrower) the battlefield takes a fiery red and orange color. The battle field suddenly takes a pinkish purple color when Fennekin launches the second attack, which might be an indicator of the move's type, and the type that is associated with that color is Psychic.
    You honestly made me go back to look at the trailer for Chespin and Froakie about this. Chespin's solar beam gets a bit brighter and a tad greener, while the second attack has a black background, red x, and bits of black, purple, and whit slashing. For Froakie the first attack becomes a water like blue, while the second attack just has him hitting Patrat is with black and electric blue showing.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Do not count on it
    they'll revealve then probably in 7-8moths
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

I'll choose chespin cause I love dewott and he looks like it, and it's since treecko that i picked a grass starter
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    They do, but I'm also choosing Fennekin for my partner.

....unless if the evolutions prove otherwise, OR, Fennekin's fire/fight. because I never loved Emboar. Never will. /shot
    But, if I say, Chespin almost looks either Grass/Dark, or Grass/Ground <.>
    For Fennekin, I can only ask: NO FIRE/FIGHTING, STAY QUADRUPEDAL! And, I mean, Fennekin is around for three days and he is already on his way to rule the Internet. He's just a beast like that!
    And, yeah, I can see Chespin being Grass/Dark, but not Grass/Ground as much.

Well CoroCoro is in 5 days and will likely be leaked in less. Let's see what they have to offer. They could maybe give us some new information... Or they could totally just repeat everything that's known currently.

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Well CoroCoro is in 5 days and will likely be leaked in less. Let's see what they have to offer. They could maybe give us some new information... Or they could totally just repeat everything that's known currently.
    I could see us getting typings perhaps, but sadly I can't see us getting evolutions any time soon :/. Or as you said, we'll just get everything repeated to us. Hopefully corocoro will give us a closer look at the girl protagonist.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Somehow, I see the latter more likely to be true. But maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Yeah, better looks as the girl protagonist and typings are all we can wish for that could actually be possible at this point.
    Last edited by BunniBear4; 10th January 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Here's a picture of the Kirlia receiving that attack I took using the gif in my sig. I really hope Fennekin is fire/psychic with this sign of it.
    Better than my thoughts

I think knowing the history of Pokemon reavealing.I think first Route Pokemon including Regional Bird will be realeased in the next 2 weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I could see us getting typings perhaps, but sadly I can't see us getting evolutions any time soon :/. Or as you said, we'll just get everything repeated to us. Hopefully corocoro will give us a closer look at the girl protagonist.
    i hope they show us the legendary pokemons artwork or the new player characters pokemons artwork. sorry for going off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    You're right. My bad. I stand corrected then.

BUT my reasoning still remains: There is no Fire Type yet that learns a Psychic move by level up. Fennekin seems to be a clear dual type in this trailer (As well as the other, with more hard-to-guess moves)
    Correction: Vulpix learns Extrasensory by level up. Though, I will say, that move the unmistakable appearance of a Psychic type move.

My analysis of the moves in the video:
    Chespin
    -Solarbeam
    -Night Slash(not Aerial Ace, because Aerial Ace's animation includes two vertical slashes, one downward and the second upward; the move's animation had two downward vertical slashes)
    Fennekin
    -Flamethrower
    -Confusion
    Froakie
    -Water Gun
    -Scratch/Slash/Fury Swipes
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by ilimitz3 View Post
    Do not count on it
    they'll revealve then probably in 7-8moths
    So you think they expect us to wait until the games' release to see the starters' evolutions? Sorry, but it's 99% likely that you're wrong. This is a new gen, they're going to want to create as much hype as possible. I'm not expecting them to be revealed when CoroCoro is released/leaked in a couple of days, but definitely earlier than 7-8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Correction: Vulpix learns Extrasensory by level up. Though, I will say, that move the unmistakable appearance of a Psychic type move.

Chespin
    -Solarbeam
    -Night Slash(not Aerial Ace, because Aerial Ace's animation includes two vertical slashes, one downward and the second upward; the move's animation had two downward vertical slashes)
    Fennekin
    -Flamethrower
    -Confusion
    Froakie
    -Water Gun
    Change water gun to the new move that's the freeze version of scald I completely agree with this. I'm still hung up on that snowflake in it and I probably will be until it's revealed to be a new move or while playing the game I find out it is. If I didn't love Fennekin so much I'd probably pick Froakie if we don't find info on it before release.

I'm picking Chespin for sure, fell in love with the little dude as soon as he popped up in the trailer I can see how some people can see it's resemblance to Dewott/Oshawott but for me that isn't a bad thing since i loved the whole evolution line (The only other line i fully loved was the Squirtle line)

I have no idea what he could become in his final stage, the first thought i had was part Fighting then went to part Dark. Not too sure which one i would prefer out of those :S maybe Grass/Dark since i'm pretty much a part dark type trainer but the weaknesses he would get would suck. One idea i saw I'm starting to like alot more and that is Grass/Rock, i hardly ever use Rock types so if Chespin does become part Rock then i get to use it alot more

Not going to comment in as much detail with the other two (long posts tend to get read less, well for me anyway XD) Fennekin does nothing or me whatsoever :/ it doesn't have a bad design and i don't dislike it, it just isn't my type of pokemon. Froakie would be my 2nd choice and what i will most probably choose in the 2nd game i get, it has an interesting design that can be interpreted many, many ways, which is awesome

This is gonna be hard! I haven't been interested in a fire starter since Torchic (I know), and for the past two gens I went with the water starter. I think I will leave it at how the evolutions look, though I will probably try to get all the starters once I've completed the game.

Even with the characters, I don't know what I want to be this time :B

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post

Chespin
    -Solarbeam
    Fennekin
    -Flamethrower
    -Confusion
    Froakie
    -Water Gun
    Hang on guys, I just had a thought. Remember when back when Diamond and Pearl were going to be released, it was rumored that the starters would be Dark/Fighting/Psychic.

So maybe because Chespin knows (preseumbly) Night Slash and Fennekin learns what appears to be Confusion. Maybe the trio will gain those types when they evolve.

Chespin into a Grass/Dark
    Fennekin into a Fire/Psychic
    and Froakie into a Water/Fighting

Do you guys agree?

I really don't get why people are so hyped up about CoroCoro right now... You do realize this game is being released worldwide, so any information that will be revealed on this game will be revealed at the same time across the globe, so you have to look at places where information can be released simultaneously... I'm talking E3, CES, those kind of Events. CoroCoro will probably only rehash stuff we already know, maybe release artwork. But any and all information coming from a source in a specific country will be very MINIMAL at best...

Also, the Starters final evolutions were revealed mearly weeks (2-3 weeks) before BW launch, so saying waiting for 7-8 months isn't a stretch tbh...

Personally, I'm leaning towards Froakie. I think he has the most potential for evolutions, and while I am a diehard Charmander fan from my original Pokemon days, I've been playing with water starters since Silver.

I'm also betting on Grass / Dark, Fire / Psychic, Water / Fighting. Although its hard to say. We could just be getting excited when really we'll just be getting Grass / Fire / Water. We have no reason to believe there are two types for each.
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

Quote Originally Posted by Lv100Mewtwo View Post
    I really don't get why people are so hyped up about CoroCoro right now... You do realize this game is being released worldwide, so any information that will be revealed on this game will be revealed at the same time across the globe, so you have to look at places where information can be released simultaneously... I'm talking E3, CES, those kind of Events. CoroCoro will probably only rehash stuff we already know, maybe release artwork. But any and all information coming from a source in a specific country will be very MINIMAL at best...

Also, the Starters final evolutions were revealed mearly weeks (2-3 weeks) before BW launch, so saying waiting for 7-8 months isn't a stretch tbh...
    We all know CoroCoro will reveal new info. It's not like they're just going to be like 'it's a worldwide launch, we're just going to wait until a couple certain points in the year and leave everyone wondering.' They won't. Pokémon.com as well as other resources for other countries can simply reveal new info at the same time. CoroCoro is just how they release it for Japan. They won't change things just for a global launch.

And those were the final evolutions, I'm talking about their secondary evolutions. I also said a yes that it will be a couple months, just not 7-8 months for them.

I have a feeling that they will reveal something substantive, but it will be game play related and probably a few of the weaker route 1 pokemon. Maybe a few NPC's... I doubt they'll just rehash everything though.
    meh...

for my personal tradition sake and the fact it looks better than the rest im gonna choose fennekin since like i just said i have this little self induced tradition of picking the fire starter for each new gen when im first starting them.
    ill be impress (and a little disappointed) if the day comes that a game creates a fire starter so bad i wouldnt want to start with it.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Page 81 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485911311811081 ... LastLast