View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 86 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990961361861086 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Grass is 2/5 Venusaur-line and Torterra.
    Technically you should say the Bulbasaur-line because Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison as well

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I'll bring up something that was mentioned earlier. Things can change. Gamefreak could be using the move to trick us into thinking it, as it could be a pure fire type but only Have confusion. Things like that happen all the time.
    You're right, but odds are that wouldn't happen with the case of the Psychic move.
    Also, I find it hard to believe Game Freak would use those particular secondary moves for no reason other than to provide some sort of hint. But that's possible too.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    I'm thinking the typing for the starters is going to look something like this:

Grass/Dark
    Fire/Psychic
    Water/Fighting

The moves they used trailer looked like a Dark, Psychic, and Fighting to me. I also think this creates quite a nice counter-triangle. The moves in the Trailer were probably nothing, but I feel they were a clue to the typing.
    Join the club

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Certainly a wild idea.
    Could be possible, as the move seen in the trailer could be a poison type move.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

I would like a kung-fu master evolution for Froakie, but I'm sure Fennekin will get the secondary fighting type upon evolving.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

maybe dry skin for Froakie
    Iron Barb or Rough Skin for Chespie
    Magic Guard or ability that psychic type often have.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    You're right, but odds are that wouldn't happen with the case of the Psychic move.
    Also, I find it hard to believe Game Freak would use those particular secondary moves for no reason other than to provide some sort of hint. But that's possible too.
    We won't actually know what's going to happen until the final forms are revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10
    maybe dry skin for Froakie
    Iron Barb or Rough Skin for Chespie
    Magic Guard or ability that psychic type often have
    Interesting theories. Froakie could have dry skin like Croagunk and Toxicroak considering it's based off of a frog.
    Not quite sure how Chespin would have Iron Barb/Rough skin.
    I'm thinking Flash fire would be more appropriate for fennekin.

That is, if Hidden Abilities make a return, then all of this wouldn't mater because then Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent would be the starter abilities.
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 11th January 2013 at 1:35 AM.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Bulbasaur is grass/poison though. that means both water and grass have 2/5 dual typed Pokemon.
    Ohyeah. I was just thinking of what the guy I quoted said.

then 1/5 was Water. He would still be wrong at that, because Swampert is part ground as empoleon was /steel. Blastoise/Feraligatr/Samurott are the only ones? (I'm not entirely sure if Samurott is pure water, I never used it.
    Well he said respectively, so he was right about the water part, he had the grass part mixed up, which got me mixed up.

And Samurott is a pure water type.

OT, I really think that both Chespin and Froakie's evolutions will get secondary types, and Fennekin I'm still not sure about.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenmeyer44 View Post
    Technically you should say the Bulbasaur-line because Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison as well
    Same thing? I just went with the fully evolved forms.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

I just read a random fact that all porcupines float. So maybe Chespin will evolve from a hedgehog into a porcupine and because a porcupine/spike-lily pad pokemon, making him Grass/Water? Completely random speculation, and probably not very likely because it makes him receive neutral damage from fire attacks, makes him able to more effectively take on Fennekin, and impedes on Froakie's typing. But you have to admit, that'd be pretty cool

I just read a random fact that all porcupines float. So maybe Chespin will evolve from a hedgehog into a porcupine and because a porcupine/spike-lily pad pokemon, making him Grass/Water? Completely random speculation, and probably not very likely because it makes him receive neutral damage from fire attacks, makes him able to more effectively take on Fennekin, and impedes on Froakie's typing. But you have to admit, that'd be pretty cool
    Idon't know... We already have the Lotad line as Grass/Water lilypads, so that's another problem.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonster2191 View Post
    I would like a kung-fu master evolution for Froakie, but I'm sure Fennekin will get the secondary fighting type upon evolving.
    No. I have hope that GameFreak won't repeat this mistake again. And I really wish Froakie to be water/Electric for whatever reason, but I just know that won't happen. And, seriously, gamefreak wouldn't show us moves in the trailer if it wasn't to give us a hint. I hishly doubt they'd put the moves there "just 'cause...".
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Ohyeah. I was just thinking of what the guy I quoted said.

Well he said respectively, so he was right about the water part, he had the grass part mixed up, which got me mixed up.

And Samurott is a pure water type.

OT, I really think that both Chespin and Froakie's evolutions will get secondary types, and Fennekin I'm still not sure about.
    wait, I meant 2/5 water, because Empoleon was also a Dual type.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Idon't know... We already have the Lotad line as Grass/Water lilypads, so that's another problem.
    Yea, I was thinking that, too. Maybe the spikes would turn into cattails instead? I'm not really backing the idea, just throwing some more ideas out there to be thought about

We won't actually know what's going to happen until the final forms are revealed.

Interesting theories. Froakie could have dry skin like Croagunk and Toxicroak considering it's based off of a frog.
    Not quite sure how Chespin would have Iron Barb/Rough skin.
    I'm thinking Flash fire would be more appropriate for fennekin.

That is, if Hidden Abilities make a return, then all of this wouldn't mater because then Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent would be the starter abilities.
    It's based on the Hedgehog which has needles. Poison Point is another ability I could see it getting.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

wait, I meant 2/5 water, because Empoleon was also a Dual type.
    Well I don't think I would forget that!

Yea, I was thinking that, too. Maybe the spikes would turn into cattails instead? I'm not really backing the idea, just throwing some more ideas out there to be thought about
    Maybe Chespin could turn into a Grass/Ground type and be what you said except more marshy or swampy - muddy.
    Pokégyms

Fennekin has small wings on its hind legs, Froakie has clouds on his back, and Chespin has claws like an Excadrill. Flying/Electric/Ground types?

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

I want Chespin spikes to turn into cactus looking things, just cause that how I see it, I want him to be a Grass/Dark type, but I would take Grass/Fighting to, I do not want him to be a Grass/Ground, sounds so boring....

I am not going to take any guesses though (just stating what I want to happen) in till I see at least the 2nd stage.

But unless they turn him from cute to ugly in his later stages, I am for sure getting Chespin.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

most none psychic learn extrasensory anyway and it is not exactly a very popular move, mostly there as a filler.

I think chespin will learn entry hazard move such as poison spike, stealth rock and spike.

we already have a boxing fox lol, mienshao
    Last edited by msiew10; 11th January 2013 at 1:56 AM.

Maybe Chespin could turn into a Grass/Ground type and be what you said except more marshy or swampy - muddy.
    I literally thought of that as soon as I posted the idea. I think that'd be possibility. And with that typing he could become more defensive based like a lot of people have been saying, or become a physical tank.

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10 View Post
    most none psychic learn extrasensory anyway and it is not exactly a very popular move, mostly there as a filler.

I think chespin will learn entry hazard move such as poison spike, stealth rock and spike.
    I don't think it was Extrasensory. Seems more like confusion to me. And I really don't think GameFreak would add a move in the trailer as filler. They know what they are doing.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Perhaps Chespin would be Grass/Poison; as it will likely evolve into a spinier form, the needles on it may become poisonous. It's not entirely possible, but there is some chance it may happen.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonster2191 View Post
    I really don't want the second to happen even though I like two of the fire/fighting starters. I just don't want a fourth in a row...

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

*Stares at poll with horror* Why are Chespin and Froakie suddenly making a comeback? They're virtually tied right now, and they're closing in on Queen Fennekin. I'm worried for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmeler View Post
    Froakie will probably have Torrent just like all the other water starter Pokemon. That sucks.
    I expect Chespin and Fennekin to have Overgrowth and Blaze, respectively. The Starters always have the same generic abilities. Oh well. There's still a chance they'll have Hidden Abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    *Stares at poll with horror* Why are Chespin and Froakie suddenly making a comeback? They're virtually tied right now, and they're closing in on Queen Fennekin. I'm worried for her.

I expect Chespin and Fennekin to have Overgrowth and Blaze, respectively. The Starters always have the same generic abilities. Oh well. There's still a chance they'll have Hidden Abilities.
    I'm dreadfully sorry you absolute favorite starter isn't everyone's also
    Steel is the type of science

Lol guys I forgot venusaur was poison don't kill each other. Wow. I started a debate and was logical. Cool. Unintentional too.

I also forgot my opinions on the starters themselves. Chespin us my favorite as of now, it just has a unique design I think. Fennekin is cool too,and is also unique as an idea but has little to no creativity in the design itself. I mean really,it's basically just a recolored fox-thing. Froakie is cool too but my least favorite of the three. Just so.... weird looking I guess.

However, I'm not making any final decisions just yet. Gonna wait for evidence first.
    Boredom is boring

Page 86 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990961361861086 ... LastLast