View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 88 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192981381881088 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    Grass/dark is super weak to bug and Grass/ground is super weak to ice
    Um, so? I don't see how a x4 weakness means a type combination won't happen or how a x4 weakness is relevant at all.

I do quite like the starters from first impression, and think they're all designed quite nicely. My initial favourite though was Froakie (I think its eyes won me over) but I do like Fennekin's design as well and can see it becoming a Fire/Psychic type upon evolution due to it appearing to use a Psychic-type attack in the trailer, but then again it could just have Psychic moves in its learnset and not be a Psychic-type like the Vulpix line. At the moment I think Chespin would be my least favourite, but I do still like its design.

People, stop answering the obvious question already answered like 50 times and get back to discussing please. We left off with my post noting that there were name similarities with Fennekin and Phenac city as well as design based, check the bottom of the last page for full details.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

I'm planning on getting both versions & on one of them, I'm going to try & find a way to get all three starters. This is honestly the first time since GS that I really had a hard time choosing between them

Maybe the move Fennekin used against Kirlia was Supersonic or Confuse Ray
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    I'm just saying it's entirely possible that people are going about this in the entirely wrong way. And the tiny motion being made by Kirlia is not enough to really determine anything. And every single secondary type for a starter so far has been a "physical" type, i.e. one that was based on physical attack before gen 4. They could break this trend, and I think it'd be cool to have a Fire/Psychic starter (or anything other than Fire/Fighting), but it seems to me like they'd stick to what they've been doing since the beginning of pokemon.
    My dear, now you're being ridiculous. It's obvious by the trailer and even by the pictures I and other user showed that Fennekin is the one using the move, not Kirlia.

And, as I said, it would make zero sense for Fennekin to be the only starter to not use two moves in the trailer, being hit by Kirlia instead.

(and it would make even less sense for them to show the scene backwards, because that's the only way Kirlia is the one attacking)

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Whether Fennekin initiated the respective attack or not, I don't think I heard one person say, "lol fenikn is gona be psychic liek fosho." It's all speculation—hence the name of this thread. I see nothing wrong with that.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

I'm just saying it's entirely possible that people are going about this in the entirely wrong way. And the tiny motion being made by Kirlia is not enough to really determine anything. And every single secondary type for a starter so far has been a "physical" type, i.e. one that was based on physical attack before gen 4. They could break this trend, and I think it'd be cool to have a Fire/Psychic starter (or anything other than Fire/Fighting), but it seems to me like they'd stick to what they've been doing since the beginning of pokemon. And just using a psychic-type move doesn't make one psychic-type.

Again, I'm not saying anything is definitive, I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    Venasuar was Grass/Poison, and Poison is mainly special, your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It's based on the Hedgehog which has needles. Poison Point is another ability I could see it getting.
    It looks more like a chipmunk, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I personally don't think that Fennekin is a Psychic-type just because she seems to be using a Psychic-type move in the trailer. I think she only has Psychic-type moves because she's based on a kitsune and they supposedly have magical powers; I think that's why Vulpix can also use Psychic-type moves. Either way, Fennekin is flawless. She deserves more love.
    That's it. That's the myth I was thinking of.

I was saying previously that it was based off a mystical fox, and proceeded to say Oinari, but kitsune works too.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    My dear, now you're being ridiculous. It's obvious by the trailer and even by the pictures I and other user showed that Fennekin is the one using the move, not Kirlia.

And, as I said, it would make zero sense for Fennekin to be the only starter to not use two moves in the trailer, being hit by Kirlia instead.

(and it would make even less sense for them to show the scene backwards, because that's the only way Kirlia is the one attacking)
    haha quite humorus inquiry
    Steel is the type of science

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    People, stop answering the obvious question already answered like 50 times and get back to discussing please. We left off with my post noting that there were name similarities with Fennekin and Phenac city as well as design based, check the bottom of the last page for full details.
    According to Bulbapedia, Phenac's name is based off a mineral called phenakite; and since Orre is based off Arizona, Phenac could also refer to Phoenix, the capital city of Arizona. Phenac is also known for its abundant water supply, whereas Fennekin is Fire-type. It's an interesting hypothesis, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Venasuar was Grass/Poison, and Poison is mainly special, your argument is invalid.
    He means the classification we had until Gen III. Poison was Physical back then.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Well, I think I've dug my own hole deep enough for now. :P

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    According to Bulbapedia, Phenac's name is based off a mineral called phenakite; and since Orre is based off Arizona, Phenac could also refer to Phoenix, the capital city of Arizona. Phenac is also known for its abundant water supply, whereas Fennekin is Fire-type. It's an interesting hypothesis, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.
    Oh, thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    He means the classification we had until Gen III. Poison was Physical back then.
    Ah okay then, but isn't Sludge Bomb a special move? And didn't dual types first come in at Gen III?

Well, I think I've dug my own hole deep enough for now. :P
    ASB used dig! ASB burrowed it's way underground!
    Oh, thanks for the info.

Ah okay then, but isn't Sludge Bomb a special move? And didn't dual types first come in at Gen III?
    no they were added in gen I

I don't if it's already mentioned, however the three lines on Fennekin's forehead bothers me.

Spoiler:- Fenne:

Something tells me that thing is gonna be more distinct as she evolves.

Well, I don't know, she just screams Fire/Psychic to me. Maybe that's what I want to believe.

I'll just have to keep my hopes low as i don't want to be disappointed. *coughTepigissupposedtobeFire/Darkcough.
    Last edited by german suplex; 11th January 2013 at 3:49 AM.

Oh, thanks for the info.

Dual Types have been around since Gen 1. the first pokemon in the Pokedex was a Dual type, Grass/Poison.

And just because Sludge Bomb is a special doesn't mean that all Poison Type Moves are Special.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    I don't if it's already mentioned, however the three lines on Fennekin's forehead bothers me.

Well, I don't know, she just screams Fire/Psychic to me. Maybe that's what I want to believe.

I'll just have to keep my hopes low as i don't want to be disappointed. *coughTepigissupposedtobeFire/Darkcough.
    Yeah, I didn't know Tepig was heavily theorized to become Fire/Dark.... I'll keep my expectations low as well.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

most pokemon do gain more distinct features as they evolve yes but a pokemon's coloring doesn't determine it's type by that logic politoad should be grass and porygon psychic type

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I was saying previously that it was based off a mystical fox, and proceeded to say Oinari, but kitsune works too.
    I kinda agree. Oinari sounds more likely.

Maybe it'll just be a single Fire type as opposed to Ninetails being based of Kitsune (but a non dual-type). I think i'll like Ninetails more if it were to be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost.

most pokemon do gain more distinct features as they evolve yes but a pokemon's coloring doesn't determine it's type by that logic politoad should be grass and porygon psychic type
    Technically, Porygon can be the psychic type due to conversion, if a Pokemon uses a Psychic type move.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I actually didn't notice the lines before. But now that you pointed it out, it does kind of annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Dual Types have been around since Gen 1. the first pokemon in the Pokedex was a Dual type, Grass/Poison.

And just because Sludge Bomb is a special doesn't mean that all Poison Type Moves are Special.
    Oh, okay then. And I believe most poison moves in Gen I were special. There was Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, and a decent amount of others, from my memory, the first physical poison move was Poison Jab and that came along in gen 4 as the signature move for the Croagunk line and but I believe was also learnable by other pokemon.

I honestly would have no problem if Fennekin is pure fire. I would just REALLY like for her not to be Fire/Fighting.

Oh, okay then. And I believe most poison moves in Gen I were special. There was Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, and a decent amount of others, from my memory, the first physical poison move was Poison Jab and that came along in gen 4 as the signature move for the Croagunk line and but I believe was also learnable by other pokemon.
    gunk shot is physical

Quote Originally Posted by Oriphius View Post
    I honestly would have no problem if Fennekin is pure fire. I would just REALLY like for her not to be Fire/Fighting.
    I don't see him/her/it being fighting typed. It doesn't really fit its character. But then again, that's what I thought about Tepig...

gunk shot is physical
    Oh. My bad. It just sounds special.

Page 88 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192981381881088 ... LastLast