View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 93 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431931093 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post

I don't see one either.
    The dots are all there to connect. I can't help your distinction abilities if you can't identify the similarities, but both have sacks behind their necks, attached around the neck. Both have a "knot" or what have you where the nostrils should be. Ken Sugimori is clearly exercising artistic license in the application of the dorobou's image onto a frog, but as it evolves I'm sure this image will stand out more. As it stands, the similarity is so that I would stake my scientific career on Froakie turning out with Dark as a secondary typing.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    chespin I think might be a ninja grass/dark or something like excadrill
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Not sure whether it's already been mentioned but I would like to pint out another thing.

Spoiler:- Chespin:

Notice how Chespin's 'Hat' have the three so-called leaves/spikes at the top? They kinda resemble hair.

Also the lower smaller leaves/spikes are kinda like knots as seen in the picture below.

Spoiler:- Ibuki:

It could relate to how people actually speculating his secondary typing to be Fighting/Dark. Ninja hedgehog ftw lol. Just my two cents though.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    The dots are all there to connect. I can't help your distinction abilities if you can't identify the similarities, but both have sacks behind their necks, attached around the neck. Both have a "knot" or what have you where the nostrils should be. Ken Sugimori is clearly exercising artistic license in the application of the dorobou's image onto a frog, but as it evolves I'm sure this image will stand out more. As it stands, the similarity is so that I would stake my scientific career on Froakie turning out with Dark as a secondary typing.
    it's the star of moustache! not a knot and that isn't a sack on his back!
    Steel is the type of science

The reason I don't think Chespin will be /Fighting is because of the attack it uses. It looks like Night Slash with an Aerial Ace background. Also, I think Froakie will be /Fighting since the attack it uses resembles Close Combat(though I'm not sure if that's what it is...). Me believing Fennekin will be /Psychic should be obvious, seeing the attack it's using.

For those thinking Froakie resembles the thief thing, the fluffy stuff on Froakie's back are bubbles/foam, which is suggested by its French name.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    It's okay. I don't care if it stay on four legs or not lol I just want it look different then Ninetails. Because we have one fire Fox Kituse (if I spell that right) Pokemon lol
    Since you mentioned Kitsune's, I noticed that the only Pokemon they've introduced as such, are the Vulpix evolutionary line and the Zorua evolutionary line - both examplifying what a kitsune is.
    Ninetales resemble Kitsune's in that they are both closely associated with fire and have multiple tails.
    Zoroark resemble Kitsune's in that they share the ability to shape shift. In B/W Zoroark shapeshifted into a woman, which is what Kitsune's shape shift into more often then men.
    So I'm led to believe that Fennekin may be Fire/Flying, because that is one of the last distinguishing characteristics of the Kitsune more specifically the foxes of shinto belief along with the fox lore the egyptians believed.

I would love fennekin to be fire/flying. Compared to the site poll, it seems fennekin is the most popular, and it would be kind of like a homeage to Charizard, whom back in the days of Red/Blue was by far one of the most favored pokemon in the game.
    So its only natural for me to believe he'll be Fire/flying. Though based on the trailer it definatly looks like he'll be fire/psychic
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 11th January 2013 at 4:36 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    The reason I don't think Chespin will be /Fighting is because of the attack it uses. It looks like Night Slash with an Aerial Ace background. Also, I think Froakie will be /Fighting since the attack it uses resembles Close Combat(though I'm not sure if that's what it is...). Me believing Fennekin will be /Psychic should be obvious, seeing the attack it's using.

For those thinking Froakie resembles the thief thing, the fluffy stuff on Froakie's back are bubbles/foam, which is suggested by its French name.
    Night slash is dark and Aerial ace is flying. That attack was either Scratch or shadow sneak IMO... and the theif looks more like TAC from Kirby's air ride...
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Maybe a gentleman fighter/boxer like;

Spoiler:- Dudley:

Or maybe I've been playing too much Third Strike lately... and so does Sugimori lol

It's not literally a sack or a knot, it's a depiction of both features. Focus on the context of the images and how they contrast will not allow you to identify the rather telling similarities.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Bolded the way it's spelled for you.

Also I agree. I hope Fennekin manages to stand out from Ninetales while still managing to be a fox. I know it can be done, considering that aipom and simisage look nothing alike yet they're both monkeys.
    That why I hope it turn into a Jackel and stand on it back legs with it red hair like an egyse hat. and it's fur one it butt turn more like a skirt like thing.

It's not literally a sack or a knot, it's a depiction of both features. Focus on the context of the images and how they contrast will not allow you to identify the rather telling similarities.
    there are not any similarities only the cape/bag on his back!

That why I hope it turn into a Jackel and stand on it back legs with it red hair like an egyse hat. and it's fur one it butt turn more like a skirt like thing.
    I cannot see how a Fox can turn into a jackal. Then again, I couldn't see how an Otter can turn into a horse...
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

there are not any similarities only the cape/bag on his back!
    I can't make you see the similarities, I should stop trying.

A
    H
    H
    H...

I cannot see how a Fox can turn into a jackal. Then again, I couldn't see how an Otter can turn into a horse...
    *sea lion not horse
    I can't make you see the similarities, I should stop trying.
    it's matter of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Maybe a gentleman fighter/boxer like;

Spoiler:- Dudley:

Or maybe I've been playing too much Third Strike lately... and so does Sugimori lol
    I remember it being said how many pages back that Froakie could become similar to Lord Kyroo from Kingdom Hearts DDD (minus the colors). If Froakie is water/fighting I'm willing to lean towards that or the gentleman boxer/fighter.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

*sea lion not horse

it's matter of opinion
    There's a difference between a randomized opinion and a perspective drawn from obvious evidence that would suggest my gathered conclusion.

A
    H
    H
    H...

'dat kyroo
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Default posible VI starters final SOILER or Leak

The same how a Otter turn into a sealion. A fish turn into a flying Dragon. some why how a Mouse turn in to a bunny.

That sounds a lot like Typhlosion. Not that that's a bad thing. Just pointing It out
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 11th January 2013 at 4:45 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I hope it looks something more like this.
        Spoiler:- kyubimon:

edit:..I really messed that one up, how do I .jpeg!?
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

There's a difference between a randomized opinion and a perspective drawn from obvious evidence that would suggest my gathered conclusion.
    I'm 99.99% sure it's not going to be part dark

STOP WITH THE TERRIBLE FANARTS

Iffy on them overall. Kinda like someone a while ago said: Froakie always looks like he's made by Naruto fans, lol.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    I hope it looks something more like this.
        Spoiler:- kyubimon:

edit:..I really messed that one up, how do I .jpeg!?
    I don't Ninetails alreadly look like that.

Most certainly fanart. I even saw those images on this thread on day one.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Shame that we'd have to wait until close to the release date to find out what their evolutions will be. Unless one of the starters pulls a Bulbasaur and has a second typing right off the bat, we probably won't know 100% about any potential second typings for another 8 months. As much as I would like to see certain typings on certain pokemon, I admit, there's nothing about the starters that we've seen that can really hint on a second type or a theme of what they're supposed to be when they evolve.

Like I would not have guessed Tepig would become another fire/fighting starter. Actually, I don't think I would've pegged Torchic or Chimchar as pokemon that'll be part fighting type either just by looking at them in their base form. And even sometimes what may seem like the perfect typings for some pokemon don't really happen. I mean Samurott with its samurai theme is still just a pure water type as opposed to the water/fighting that was predicted for it.

Then there's the moves, just because a pokemon learns a certain move, doesn't mean they are of that type. Noctowl is known for knowing Psychic moves but it's not partially a psychic pokemon. Plenty of pokemon that are not of the respective type can still learn plenty of dark or fighting moves or normal moves. So at this stage, it's going to be extremely hard to predict 100% potential secondary typings. And it's a tease to potentially have to wait so long to find out. Who knows though, maybe releases will be different and we'll see them sooner or later. This is probably the only time where I'd gladly accept time flying by haha.

Page 93 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431931093 ... LastLast