View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 10 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601101010 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Wich is stupid cuz we already have a fire fox...since gen 1>.>
    That fox has six tails. This one has one.

Somehow, the first fox just doesn't fit... Also, I think Mozilla Firefox didn't even exist back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Wich is stupid cuz we already have a fire fox...since gen 1>.>
    I think Fenn looks more like a fox than Vulpix/Ninetales though.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I like fennekin the most but froakie isn't bad either. The grass one is um... interesting o.O
    Interesting to say the least xD.

Chespin actually reminds of some Pokemon. For me it somehow resembles Piplup and Oshawott, whose designs I love, hence why I liked Chespin's design too. It also reminds Emolga and Pachirisu, since it has somewhat of a squirrel look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Water/Fighting seems logical for Froakie.

As for Chespin, Grass/Dark typing seems adequate too. Although with that typing its line would be incredibly similar to Seedot's line.
    It wouldn't really be any more similar then Froakie's Water/Fighting being the same as Poliwrath.

They can still be very different despite types and similar concepts though. Chespin is part Mammal apposed to part Ninja.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I think I'm gonna have to start with Fennekin, hopefully the starters will all end up with some interesting dual-types this gen. I'll eat my head if we get another Fire/Fighting starter.

Assuming this gen keeps up with the hidden abilities thing, what hidden abilities does you think the starters could have?

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I think Fenn looks more like a fox than Vulpix/Ninetales though.
    Am I right in saying that I'm not the only one who thought Ninetails looked more Wolf like than Fox or is that not quiet what you meant?

Fennekin is the only one I liked right away. Had to look at some fanart to get any feels for Froakie and Chespin. I kind of like Froakie, but not in the way I disliked Oshawott and came to love it haha. It's just okay. Chespin... looks like a fakemon still.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Im not so sure of them, im swaying more to grass (for once) but im just not so sure. Waiting for evolutions but for now, its grass, i dont actually like the water starter which is odd cos i always go for water whatever (but ive liked the past 5) Fire is just a meh anyway for me. (Now for the hate)
    I have claimed the one they call Karrablast

Clicky Click

Quote Originally Posted by ryanthehuman View Post
    I think I'm gonna have to start with Fennekin, hopefully the starters will all end up with some interesting dual-types this gen. I'll eat my head if we get another Fire/Fighting starter.

Assuming this gen keeps up with the hidden abilities thing, what hidden abilities does you think the starters could have?
    I think that depends on their evolutions and second types if they have them, it's kind of hard to guess.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by ryanthehuman View Post

Grass/Dark
    Fire/Psychic
    Water/Fighting

That's really all they need to do.

Notice how Chespin looks like Pachirisu in the face?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

the fox looks the best

I'd really like to see the starters from the back because I wanna see if Chespin has quills down his spine or how exactly I should interpret the white thing on Froakie's back. At first I saw it as kind of "fancy hair" on a bald head (think the first Doctor) but now I kinda see where it might be like a bag tied around his neck (think the burglar sprite from Gen 1).
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Judging by Chespin's separately colored, spiked back my money is gonna go on his name meaning a mix of chestnut and pangolin, an absolutely adorable armor plated mammal. That would definitely set up for a grass/rock grass/steel or grass/ground type if it was the case.
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    It wouldn't really be any more similar then Froakie's Water/Fighting being the same as Poliwrath.

They can still be very different despite types and similar concepts though. Chespin is part Mammal apposed to part Ninja.
    When I wrote that I didn't took Poliwrath into account. I said it would be logical since in the last two generations one of the starters has somehow been a reference to "Journey to the West". Infernape is Sun Wukong, Emboar is Zhu Bajie. In Journey to the West there is one character who is a water creature (I think it was an ogre, but my memory fails me). If the starters I mentioned are indeed a reference to it then Froakie being Water/Fighting is totally plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i think this might be the 3rd generation i start with the water starter first, cant wait to see what their evolved forms look like. and do u think theyll reveal anything new on pokemon smash or corocoro soon?
    I am sure they will reveal some new Stuff on Pokemon Smash

Hopefully we have another Fire/Fighting starter so we can watch everyone bitch over a video game.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Hopefully we have another Fire/Fighting starter so we can watch everyone bitch over a video game.
    Yeah, because people should just shut up and accept anything GameFreak throws at them, isn't how it works?

And I think people bitching over a video game isn't nearly as annoying as people like you bitching about the opinions of others.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I actually thought Froakie would be Water Electric, due to it looking like it's father is a Thundurus.
    But I am sold on Chespin being a Grass/Ground and Firefox being a pure fire just to troll people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Yeah, because people should just shut up and accept anything GameFreak throws at them, isn't how it works?

And I think people bitching over a video game isn't nearly as annoying as people like you bitching about the opinions of others.
    Clearly you didn't read my post in the right context, but hey nice try. Was I even close to bitching? Not really. I'm actually hoping for a Fire/Fighting. How about you do us all a favor read next time?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I like Chespin the most. I hope that become grass/ground or grass/dark.

The fire starter was immediately my favourite. It's just slick. Hopefully it won't become fire/fighting. I can see it's final evo being something like a fire version of Verizion. I hope it stays on four legs throughout it's evolutions anyway. I was kinda disappointed when Tepig's evo's ended up on two legs.
    The grass starter is cool but it really looks like they just took the outline for Oshawott and changed a few details to make it grass type. I can see it evolving into a T-rex type thing just because of it's tail and body shape and having arms on the front-ish.
    I have no time for the water starter. It looks like it was designed by a ten year old and is a poor man's version of the Seismitoad line (which also sucks). Disappointed by it completely, but I have no idea what it will turn into so maybe it's evo will be the best one. Hopefully something more original than just a big frog since we already have a ton of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    ...in at least one culture foxes are messengers for the gods. And she looks so svelte, and has those bits on her legs like other messengers in mythology!

Fire/Flying fox, people!!
    You know what? I think you may be on to something or, at least, I hope you are.

Anyway, I'm just gonna give my two penny's worth on these new starters:

Chespin
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet, but this looks to be our first mammalian Grass starter.
    It's not relevant to my opinion on it; I just thought I'd point it out.
    I'm quite fond of the greens and browns in his colourscheme. Very foresty.
    I reckon he's gonna evolve into a Grass/Fighting type.

Fennekin
    "Yo Cyndaquil! I'm real happy for ya, and I'mma let you finish, but Fennekin is one of the best Fire starters of all time! One of the best Fire starters of all time!"
    Seriously though, this could be a real comeback for the Fire starters, and I honestly don't see this becoming Fire/Fighting.
    Again, the colourscheme is just spot-on for this one. Makes it look quite ethereal.

Froakie
    To me, this is the weakest of the three, although I do still quite like it, much more so than any of the Unova starters.
    I like the juxtaposition between it's humongous eyes and the tiny "eyeglasses".
    As for type upon evolution, I'm gonna say...Water/Psychic?

And, for personal choice, I'm gonna pick...Fennekin.
    Foxes are just so cute!

~The Head Honchrow~

I actually really love these starters, I've warmed up to them much quicker than the others. Fennekin is a badass mofo, and Froakie is hilariously bizarre. I love how it manages to be goofy and regal at the same time. Here's hoping that it's evolutions do it justice. Fennekin reminds of Ninetales a lot, but it's still an awesome starter. Chespin is probably my least favourite, although still all right looking. Depending on evolutions, I'll probs end up picking Froakie.

Hoping for Water/Fighting for the frog, and possibly Grass/Ground for Chespin. No clue in regards to Fennekin, but I wouldn't mind it turning out as a Psychic type.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 8th January 2013 at 7:45 PM.

Clearly you didn't read my post in the right context, but hey nice try. Was I even close to bitching? Not really. I'm actually hoping for a Fire/Fighting. How about you do us all a favor read next time?

Going back to this and your previous comment the only reason I would complain is if I get caught out by thinking it will learn more fighting moves when it wont without TMs.

(Why did I cancel that double kick!!!)

I would prefer it if one of the other two was part fighting though just to change things up a bit rather than having four in a row.

You didn't say you want a Fire/Fighting per se, you said you want a Fire/Fighting just so you can see a specific reaction from a part of the fandom, which is childish and ridiculous:

It isn't me who can't read, it's you who can't put your thoughts into words properly.

Do us a favor and go learn.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Page 10 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601101010 ... LastLast