View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 1004 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 4904954994100010011002100310041005100610071008101410541104 ... LastLast
Results 25,076 to 25,100 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Where's Wulava when you need him? XD

IMO it doesn't resemble Frogadier at all. No navy blue "mask," no navy blue "gloves" with the white fingertips. There's not even any foam! Definitely a fake if you ask me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    All assuming it's real - still, what's the problem with the tongue? I actually find it very creative.
    I love the tongue as a scarf idea as well. But not in Froakie's line, it is just so random. But I would love another Pokemon-line with a tongue-scarf.

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Where's Wulava when you need him? XD
    He turned to the dark side and is now manufacturing these fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    I love the tongue as a scarf idea as well. But not in Froakie's line, it is just so random. But I would love another Pokemon-line with a tongue-scarf.
    Lickilicky or an evolution!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    He turned to the dark side and is now manufacturing these fakes.
    They aren't fakes until proven so, and so far with all this, they are much more likely to be real. ^^

Well, maybe not the Froakie3 one. But the other two.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Hirobyte confirmed it's fake.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

The sound that froakie will make is saliva that's dripping of his tongue...the horror!
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

God please no ;-; i-if it's real... I'll warm up to it... eventually. But right now it looks horrid, the tongue thing is too weird. OTL

All this talk is reminding me of the stuff with Samurott though. "It looks too different, obvious fake," but a lot of the water Pokemon have looked drastically different in their final evos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Hirobyte confirmed it's fake.
    What has he leaked this gen? All I know is he "leaked" fairy type which seemed more like everyone was hopping on the guessing bandwagon. Didn't he say Sylveon was flying type before then? He doesn't seem like a good source to me. :x
    [img]http://oi43.*******.com/142adzr.jpg[/img]

come get a clock at equal to heaven's clock shop!
    [img]http://oi42.*******.com/2j28503.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by mtqc View Post
    What has he leaked this gen? All I know is he "leaked" fairy type which seemed more like everyone was hopping on the guessing bandwagon. Didn't he say Sylveon was flying type before then? He doesn't seem like a good source to me. :x
    IIRC, he didn't say it was, he said he wanted it to be Flying.

Having said that, he did get some things right.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

God please no ;-; i-if it's real... I'll warm up to it... eventually. But right now it looks horrid, the tongue thing is too weird. OTL

All this talk is reminding me of the stuff with Samurott though. "It looks too different, obvious fake," but a lot of the water Pokemon have looked drastically different in their final evos.

I guess he leaked Xerneas, Yveltal, and Sylveon's typings, and then he also leaked MegaGarchomp.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    IIRC, he didn't say it was, he said he wanted it to be Flying.

Having said that, he did get some things right.
    Ahhh, okay. I'm basing this on rumor, I never had a twitter and didn't want to make one just to stalk him xD
    What has he confirmed then, for credibility's sake? Besides fairy type.

Also, interesting that Greninja has Extrasensory and no fighting type moves.

EDIT: greninja'd. Okay, but unless he had pictures or could accurately describe the MegaGarchomp I'm not really too inclined to believe him. X: They seem like guesses. I guessed Garchomp would get a mega too.

Ahhh, okay. I'm basing this on rumor, I never had a twitter and didn't want to make one just to stalk him xD
    What has he confirmed then, for credibility's sake? Besides fairy type.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I guess he leaked Xerneas, Yveltal, and Sylveon's typings, and then he also leaked MegaGarchomp.
    Not much, but it does give him some credibility. Particularly the last bit since no one really expected Garchomp to get a Mega.

Grass/Dark
    Water/Psychic
    Fire/Fighting

CONFURMED!

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Grass/Dark
    Water/Psychic
    Fire/Fighting

CONFURMED!
    CACKLES. If that's the case I might go with Fennekin, I like the fire/fighting typing :I

And really? Nobody saw MegaGarchomp coming? >> I guess it wasn't a shocker when Blaziken, Lucario, and Mewtwo got 'em.

And really? Nobody saw MegaGarchomp coming? >> I guess it wasn't a shocker when Blaziken, Lucario, and Mewtwo got 'em.
    well, I mean

no one expected Mega Evos to be a thing at all, so obviously no one expected those, since they were revealed to show off Mega Evolution

Garchomp just wasn't on people's list of stuff to get buffed after we knew Megas were things

Remember that his stats are much higher then that of Blaziken and Lucario (Mewtwo was always considered a special case), Garchomp for many felt that he didn't need a boost and thus many didn't expect him.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 29th September 2013 at 8:41 PM.

If greninja is actually real it will be BY FAR the worst starter design ever, no contest. It's simply hideous. I think it's fake though, cause it really bears very little consistency with Froakie/Frogadier's designs.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Temember that their stats are much higher then that of Blaziken and Lucario (Mewtwo was always considered a special case), Garchomp for many felt that he didn't need a boost and thus many didn't expect him.
    Hm, that's true. Hiro could be a good source then, but more and more of that Hawklucha thing's pictures are floating around on 4chan. Not saying that 4chan is any better of a source but I dunno who to believe anymore. OTL I'm just prepared for the worst, I'm such a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    If greninja is actually real it will be BY FAR the worst starter design ever, no contest. It's simply hideous. I think it's fake though, cause it really bears very little consistency with Froakie/Frogadier's designs.
    What are Samurott, Blastoise, Sceptile, etc. I don't like it either but it seems like something GF would pull considering their track record of deviating really far from the original as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    I am thinking that the final evo of froakie may end up being called Frogeneral.
    I don't know, it sounds fitting for a War frog, but I can't see Froakie's final evo being a War frog. I keep thinking Ninja because how Frogadier has the Dark Blue "Mask" and how he is sleek and just Ninja-Like.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Hm, that's true. Hiro could be a good source then, but more and more of that Hawklucha thing's pictures are floating around on 4chan. Not saying that 4chan is any better of a source but I dunno who to believe anymore. OTL I'm just prepared for the worst, I'm such a pessimist.
    True, but then again it wouldn't be the first time a elaborate leak was staged, I guess we'll have to see.

True, but then again it wouldn't be the first time a elaborate leak was staged, I guess we'll have to see.
    Also true. Indeed, there's no telling what's real and what isn't anymore. u0u All we can do is wait 2 weeks, unless GF confirms all this stuff like they did with the BW starters (they did have to do that, right? I can't remember very well)

Also true. Indeed, there's no telling what's real and what isn't anymore. u0u All we can do is wait 2 weeks, unless GF confirms all this stuff like they did with the BW starters (they did have to do that, right? I can't remember very well)
    They only confirmed it via Corocoro, with the second forms coming out 3 days before the game IIRC. So most likely, Geninja, Hawklucha and the other one won't be proven fake until either the guy admits it or Corocoro comes out on the 11-13 and we (most likely) see Froakie's final evolution.

They only confirmed it via Corocoro, with the second forms coming out 3 days before the game IIRC. So most likely, Geninja, Hawklucha and the other one won't be proven fake until either the guy admits it or Corocoro comes out on the 11-13 and we (most likely) see Froakie's final evolution.
    Ahh, makes sense. Hopefully the Corocoro will be leaked a little earlier than usual so that we can know final evos for sure before the game comes out...

What are Samurott, Blastoise, Sceptile, etc. I don't like it either but it seems like something GF would pull considering their track record of deviating really far from the original as of late.
    Sceptile absolutely bares design consistency with its prior evos. Blastoise really doesn't deviate terribly either. He just gets way bigger and develops cannons. Samurott is definitely the biggest final evo deviation for a starter, but I still can see Oshawott/Dewott in him (the whiskers, nose, and the armor shells are consistent with his previous evos for example). To me it always seemed like we just needed another evo in between Dewott and Samurott and it would have worked well. But obviously they don't do 4 line evo chains. This Greninja thing just simply bears almost no consistency with Froakie/Frogadier. I can't imagine the bubbles not being present at all and just developing this huge tongue out of nowhere.
    Last edited by PokeAJ; 29th September 2013 at 9:02 PM.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :

Wanted
    :

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    Sceptile absolutely bears design consistency with its prior evos. Blastoise really doesn't deviate terribly either. He just gets way bigger and develops cannons. Samurott is definitely the biggest final evo deviation for a starter, but I still can see Oshawott/Dewott in him (the whiskers, nose, and the armor shells are consistent with his previous evos for example). To me it always seemed like we just needed another evo in between Dewott and Samurott and it would have worked well. But obviously they don't do 4 line evo chains. This Greninja thing just simply bears almost no consistency with Froakie/Frogadier. I can't imagine the bubbles not being present at all and just developing this huge tongue out of nowhere.
    Samurott bears less resemblance to Dewott than Greninja does to Frogadier, IMO. For one, it's still a frog.

Someone conjectured that it lost its bubbles as it matured, like a baby hatching in foam. Also the bubbles might be under the tongue if it ever retracts it...

Page 1004 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 4904954994100010011002100310041005100610071008101410541104 ... LastLast