View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2501
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St.Thomas
    Posts
    933

    Default

    What's the basis for everyone thinking Froakie is a fighting type? Was the second move it used Close combat or something?

  2. #2502
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    What's the basis for everyone thinking Froakie is a fighting type? Was the second move it used Close combat or something?
    That's what they're saying. There's also the Journey To The West thing some are bringing up.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  3. #2503
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default

    The only problem I can find with a Fire/Psychic starter evo is that it will be weak to all kinds of entry and exit hazards.

    Entry hazards: (Toxic) Spikes, Stealth Rock
    Exit hazards: Pursuit

    Though I sure do hope Fennekin gets Magic Guard as its Hidden Ability to fix that.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!


    Source: Bulbapedia

    White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

    Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  4. #2504
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    56

    Default

    As for the stats of the NEW Pokemon. Drawing from the newly refurbished stats of the 5th Gen starters, where they all are even in stats.

    Chespin: 48/65/65/40/40/50
    I picture Chespin having a lot in common with purely Physical Pokemon. High Attack and Defense, as well as slightly above average speed. It's special stats will be lacking, and it's HP will be just about average. I definitely see it using Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Chop, Slash and such moves.

    Fennekin: 40/35/55/68/55/55
    I picture Fennekin being very special oriented. I see it having an almost PURE special movepool and I see it having potential of being a special sweeper. I also see it having above average defenses in both spectrums. For some reason I see it being very resilient. I see moves like Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball.. I definitely see a wide movepool.

    Froakie: 60/56/38/56/38/60
    I picture Froakie being faster and also being a little more powerful, especially when it comes to both spectrums, but also being more frail than most. I also see Froakie having a very high HP stat to sort of make up for it's frailty. Bulky Water with a Mixed Sweeper. Scald, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, etc.

    I don't see any of the starters being slow.. bar from the average speed of Chespin.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

  5. #2505
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England with Mudkips
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Froakie all day long. All those years ago Squirtle was my choice and water has been the tradition ever since, even though I didn't like Samurott. I hope Froakie doesn't evolve into a duel Fighting type but it does seem kind of likely....sigh. Still, new moves might make it a pretty awesome 'mon any way so we shall see.


    My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!


    Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

        Spoiler:- Credits:

  6. #2506
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I hope chespin is actually a good pokemon that his could special attack. So it could be very good competitively
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  7. #2507
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    As for the stats of the NEW Pokemon. Drawing from the newly refurbished stats of the 5th Gen starters, where they all are even in stats.

    Chespin: 48/65/65/40/40/50
    I picture Chespin having a lot in common with purely Physical Pokemon. High Attack and Defense, as well as slightly above average speed. It's special stats will be lacking, and it's HP will be just about average. I definitely see it using Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Chop, Slash and such moves.

    Fennekin: 40/35/55/68/55/55
    I picture Fennekin being very special oriented. I see it having an almost PURE special movepool and I see it having potential of being a special sweeper. I also see it having above average defenses in both spectrums. For some reason I see it being very resilient. I see moves like Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball.. I definitely see a wide movepool.

    Froakie: 60/56/38/56/38/60
    I picture Froakie being faster and also being a little more powerful, especially when it comes to both spectrums, but also being more frail than most. I also see Froakie having a very high HP stat to sort of make up for it's frailty. Bulky Water with a Mixed Sweeper. Scald, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, etc.

    I don't see any of the starters being slow.. bar from the average speed of Chespin.
    This. If I didn't know you were on contract to say nothing, I would believe youare from GAMEFREAK, and just leaked the stat spreads.

  8. #2508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    What's the basis for everyone thinking Froakie is a fighting type? Was the second move it used Close combat or something?
    Second move seemed like quick attack to me.
    I'm not going to expect to see the predicted dual types
    Because I'd like so ting a little more solid before I make any definite expectations


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  9. #2509
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    If chespie is assign as dark type, it can make it uses on a more defensive role a little unattractive given the fact that fighting type moves are so popular (high jump kick, close combat, superpower, mach punch, drain punch, sky uppercut)

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    The only problem I can find with a Fire/Psychic starter evo is that it will be weak to all kinds of entry and exit hazards.

    Entry hazards: (Toxic) Spikes, Stealth Rock
    Exit hazards: Pursuit

    Though I sure do hope Fennekin gets Magic Guard as its Hidden Ability to fix that.
    Ya, given the fact, Fennekin is a fennec fox, if it live in the desert, it should have magic guard to shield it from sandstorm. I mean it is not exactly useful for Fennekin as it is mostly used offensively.
    Last edited by msiew10; 11th January 2013 at 4:10 PM.

  10. #2510
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Hey! The evolutions of the starters and some other pokemons will be relesed before October, right? Coz I can't sit in suspense so long. For now, at least we should know Xerneas and Yveltal's types.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  11. #2511
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Hey! The evolutions of the starters and some other pokemons will be relesed before October, right? Coz I can't sit in suspense so long. For now, at least we should know Xerneas and Yveltal's types.
    We'll get a bunch of other Pokemon before October, sure, but probably not the starter evos. I don't think we've ever gotten them pre-launch, except for Blaziken.
    But don't worry, chances are that somebody will leak everything online before release day.

    And we'll learn Xerneas and Yveltal's types soon enough.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  12. #2512
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    As for the stats of the NEW Pokemon. Drawing from the newly refurbished stats of the 5th Gen starters, where they all are even in stats.

    Chespin: 48/65/65/40/40/50
    I picture Chespin having a lot in common with purely Physical Pokemon. High Attack and Defense, as well as slightly above average speed. It's special stats will be lacking, and it's HP will be just about average. I definitely see it using Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Chop, Slash and such moves.

    Fennekin: 40/35/55/68/55/55
    I picture Fennekin being very special oriented. I see it having an almost PURE special movepool and I see it having potential of being a special sweeper. I also see it having above average defenses in both spectrums. For some reason I see it being very resilient. I see moves like Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball.. I definitely see a wide movepool.

    Froakie: 60/56/38/56/38/60
    I picture Froakie being faster and also being a little more powerful, especially when it comes to both spectrums, but also being more frail than most. I also see Froakie having a very high HP stat to sort of make up for it's frailty. Bulky Water with a Mixed Sweeper. Scald, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, etc.

    I don't see any of the starters being slow.. bar from the average speed of Chespin.
    Remember Poliwrath, it has hit hard and is bulky but lack speed. I think if Froakie is going to be a Fighting type, then it will mostly likely lack defense judging by how skinny looking it is. It make up for it lack of defense with speed and attack. Hit hard and run or focus sash it, sword dance and start hitting everything with Aqua jet, Close combat and earthquake.

  13. #2513
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Don't worry.. I am not, and if I was, I wouldn't tell you either way.

    Anyway, It's just my idea of the statistics of the Pokemon. I think that most people would agree with me and think it would be very interesting to see things that way.


    Also, msiew10, I didn't say Froakie was Water/Fighting or not. :P
    Plus, since he's a starter he will have better stats than Poliwrath. :P
    Chespin! I Choose You!

  14. #2514
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Is there any Foxes in Journey to the West? If there isn't a major fox character in it I think it would be safe to say Fennekin will be free from this horrid Fire/Fighting chain, that will kill his popularity by a bit

    On that note, is there any Hedgehogs/Frogs? Just in case...

  15. #2515
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Is there any Foxes in Journey to the West? If there isn't a major fox character in it I think it would be safe to say Fennekin will be free from this horrid Fire/Fighting chain, that will kill his popularity by a bit

    On that note, is there any Hedgehogs/Frogs? Just in case...
    I'm not sure, but, I believe i saw some people post here that Froakie, this time, might be the one with the journey to the west reference.

  16. #2516
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Id like for them to release
    the legendaries types
    Starters last evos
    Want to save all other Pokemon to be surprises when I'm playing the game


    And what legendary will be on what game

    Just so I know what one to buy


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  17. #2517
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wolverine Country
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Id like for them to release
    the legendaries types
    Starters last evos
    Want to save all other Pokemon to be surprises when I'm playing the game


    And what legendary will be on what game

    Just so I know what one to buy
    Xerneas is on X and Yveltal is on Y.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

  18. #2518
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Xerneas is on X and Yveltal is on Y.
    Yeah I thought so
    But people confused me with reference to black and white


    Extra thought*
    When I look at the legendaries I see body and mind, body -y and mind -x
    Just a guess
    Last edited by adamfitz; 11th January 2013 at 4:28 PM.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  19. #2519
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Will there be any more coro coro news today or tomorrow. If we do get more news I hope there are some pictures of the starter battling differently than in the trailer.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  20. #2520
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah I thought so
    But people confused me with reference to black and white


    Extra thought*
    When I look at the legendaries I see body and mind, body -y and mind -x
    Just a guess
    Hum, I guess, but along those lins, the same could be said about their types. As people think Yve is Dark, and Xer is Psychic, but it could be the opposite. Looks aren't everything.

  21. #2521
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Will there be any more coro coro news today or tomorrow. If we do get more news I hope there are some pictures of the starter battling differently than in the trailer.
    Probably not until the next CoroCoro
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  22. #2522
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Probably not until the next CoroCoro
    ahhh, thought as much. I sure hope we di get some unleaked info today
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  23. #2523
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    If Chespin gets more pricklies, it ought to get Needle Arm.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  24. #2524
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,565

    Default

    I can already see Chespin getting pin missile.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  25. #2525
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    ahhh, thought as much. I sure hope we di get some unleaked info today
    Well other than the Weight, Height and Art nothing new was revealed
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Page 101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512011101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •