View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

What's the basis for everyone thinking Froakie is a fighting type? Was the second move it used Close combat or something?

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    What's the basis for everyone thinking Froakie is a fighting type? Was the second move it used Close combat or something?
    That's what they're saying. There's also the Journey To The West thing some are bringing up.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The only problem I can find with a Fire/Psychic starter evo is that it will be weak to all kinds of entry and exit hazards.

Entry hazards: (Toxic) Spikes, Stealth Rock
    Exit hazards: Pursuit

Though I sure do hope Fennekin gets Magic Guard as its Hidden Ability to fix that.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

As for the stats of the NEW Pokemon. Drawing from the newly refurbished stats of the 5th Gen starters, where they all are even in stats.

Chespin: 48/65/65/40/40/50
    I picture Chespin having a lot in common with purely Physical Pokemon. High Attack and Defense, as well as slightly above average speed. It's special stats will be lacking, and it's HP will be just about average. I definitely see it using Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Chop, Slash and such moves.

Fennekin: 40/35/55/68/55/55
    I picture Fennekin being very special oriented. I see it having an almost PURE special movepool and I see it having potential of being a special sweeper. I also see it having above average defenses in both spectrums. For some reason I see it being very resilient. I see moves like Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball.. I definitely see a wide movepool.

Froakie: 60/56/38/56/38/60
    I picture Froakie being faster and also being a little more powerful, especially when it comes to both spectrums, but also being more frail than most. I also see Froakie having a very high HP stat to sort of make up for it's frailty. Bulky Water with a Mixed Sweeper. Scald, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, etc.

I don't see any of the starters being slow.. bar from the average speed of Chespin.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Froakie all day long. All those years ago Squirtle was my choice and water has been the tradition ever since, even though I didn't like Samurott. I hope Froakie doesn't evolve into a duel Fighting type but it does seem kind of likely....sigh. Still, new moves might make it a pretty awesome 'mon any way so we shall see.

My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!

Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I hope chespin is actually a good pokemon that his could special attack. So it could be very good competitively
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    As for the stats of the NEW Pokemon. Drawing from the newly refurbished stats of the 5th Gen starters, where they all are even in stats.

I picture Chespin having a lot in common with purely Physical Pokemon. High Attack and Defense, as well as slightly above average speed. It's special stats will be lacking, and it's HP will be just about average. I definitely see it using Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Cross Chop, Slash and such moves.

I picture Fennekin being very special oriented. I see it having an almost PURE special movepool and I see it having potential of being a special sweeper. I also see it having above average defenses in both spectrums. For some reason I see it being very resilient. I see moves like Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball.. I definitely see a wide movepool.

I picture Froakie being faster and also being a little more powerful, especially when it comes to both spectrums, but also being more frail than most. I also see Froakie having a very high HP stat to sort of make up for it's frailty. Bulky Water with a Mixed Sweeper. Scald, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, etc.

I don't see any of the starters being slow.. bar from the average speed of Chespin.
    This. If I didn't know you were on contract to say nothing, I would believe youare from GAMEFREAK, and just leaked the stat spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    Second move seemed like quick attack to me.
    I'm not going to expect to see the predicted dual types
    Because I'd like so ting a little more solid before I make any definite expectations

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

If chespie is assign as dark type, it can make it uses on a more defensive role a little unattractive given the fact that fighting type moves are so popular (high jump kick, close combat, superpower, mach punch, drain punch, sky uppercut)

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    The only problem I can find with a Fire/Psychic starter evo is that it will be weak to all kinds of entry and exit hazards.

Entry hazards: (Toxic) Spikes, Stealth Rock
    Exit hazards: Pursuit

Though I sure do hope Fennekin gets Magic Guard as its Hidden Ability to fix that.
    Ya, given the fact, Fennekin is a fennec fox, if it live in the desert, it should have magic guard to shield it from sandstorm. I mean it is not exactly useful for Fennekin as it is mostly used offensively.
    Last edited by msiew10; 11th January 2013 at 4:10 PM.

Hey! The evolutions of the starters and some other pokemons will be relesed before October, right? Coz I can't sit in suspense so long. For now, at least we should know Xerneas and Yveltal's types.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Hey! The evolutions of the starters and some other pokemons will be relesed before October, right? Coz I can't sit in suspense so long. For now, at least we should know Xerneas and Yveltal's types.
    We'll get a bunch of other Pokemon before October, sure, but probably not the starter evos. I don't think we've ever gotten them pre-launch, except for Blaziken.
    But don't worry, chances are that somebody will leak everything online before release day.

And we'll learn Xerneas and Yveltal's types soon enough.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post

Remember Poliwrath, it has hit hard and is bulky but lack speed. I think if Froakie is going to be a Fighting type, then it will mostly likely lack defense judging by how skinny looking it is. It make up for it lack of defense with speed and attack. Hit hard and run or focus sash it, sword dance and start hitting everything with Aqua jet, Close combat and earthquake.

Don't worry.. I am not, and if I was, I wouldn't tell you either way.

Anyway, It's just my idea of the statistics of the Pokemon. I think that most people would agree with me and think it would be very interesting to see things that way.

Also, msiew10, I didn't say Froakie was Water/Fighting or not. :P
    Plus, since he's a starter he will have better stats than Poliwrath. :P
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Is there any Foxes in Journey to the West? If there isn't a major fox character in it I think it would be safe to say Fennekin will be free from this horrid Fire/Fighting chain, that will kill his popularity by a bit

On that note, is there any Hedgehogs/Frogs? Just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Is there any Foxes in Journey to the West? If there isn't a major fox character in it I think it would be safe to say Fennekin will be free from this horrid Fire/Fighting chain, that will kill his popularity by a bit

On that note, is there any Hedgehogs/Frogs? Just in case...
    I'm not sure, but, I believe i saw some people post here that Froakie, this time, might be the one with the journey to the west reference.

Id like for them to release
    the legendaries types
    Starters last evos
    Want to save all other Pokemon to be surprises when I'm playing the game

And what legendary will be on what game

Just so I know what one to buy

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Id like for them to release
    the legendaries types
    Starters last evos
    Want to save all other Pokemon to be surprises when I'm playing the game

And what legendary will be on what game

Just so I know what one to buy
    Xerneas is on X and Yveltal is on Y.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Xerneas is on X and Yveltal is on Y.
    Yeah I thought so
    But people confused me with reference to black and white

Extra thought*
    When I look at the legendaries I see body and mind, body -y and mind -x
    Just a guess
    Last edited by adamfitz; 11th January 2013 at 4:28 PM.

Will there be any more coro coro news today or tomorrow. If we do get more news I hope there are some pictures of the starter battling differently than in the trailer.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah I thought so
    But people confused me with reference to black and white

Extra thought*
    When I look at the legendaries I see body and mind, body -y and mind -x
    Just a guess
    Hum, I guess, but along those lins, the same could be said about their types. As people think Yve is Dark, and Xer is Psychic, but it could be the opposite. Looks aren't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Will there be any more coro coro news today or tomorrow. If we do get more news I hope there are some pictures of the starter battling differently than in the trailer.
    Probably not until the next CoroCoro
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Probably not until the next CoroCoro
    ahhh, thought as much. I sure hope we di get some unleaked info today

If Chespin gets more pricklies, it ought to get Needle Arm.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

I can already see Chespin getting pin missile.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    ahhh, thought as much. I sure hope we di get some unleaked info today
    Well other than the Weight, Height and Art nothing new was revealed
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Page 101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512011101 ... LastLast