View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 11 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leosnake View Post
    Going back to this and your previous comment the only reason I would complain is if I get caught out by thinking it will learn more fighting moves when it wont without TMs.

(Why did I cancel that double kick!!!)

I would prefer it if one of the other two was part fighting though just to change things up a bit rather than having four in a row.

Yeah like Valoo said, I think a Water Fighting would also be cool. Especially since I always go with the water starter.

You didn't say you want a Fire/Fighting, you say you want a Fire/Fighting just so you can see a specific reaction from a part of the fandom, which is childish and ridiculous.
    Christ. Yes. that's why I want a fire/fighting type along with the fact that I like the combo. Don't get so worked up about my opinions bro. I find it funny to watch others bitch about it. And it's even funnier to see others get mad over the internet.
    Last edited by Larry; 8th January 2013 at 5:47 PM.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    The fire starter was immediately my favourite. It's just slick. Hopefully it won't become fire/fighting. I can see it's final evo being something like a fire version of Verizion. I hope it stays on four legs throughout it's evolutions anyway. I was kinda disappointed when Tepig's evo's ended up on two legs.
    The grass starter is cool but it really looks like they just took the outline for Oshawott and changed a few details to make it grass type. I can see it evolving into a T-rex type thing just because of it's tail and body shape and having arms on the front-ish.
    I have no time for the water starter. It looks like it was designed by a ten year old and is a poor man's version of the Seismitoad line (which also sucks). Disappointed by it completely, but I have no idea what it will turn into so maybe it's evo will be the best one. Hopefully something more original than just a big frog since we already have a ton of those.
    I have to agree with you on Fennekin. It has a graceful apperance, something that other Fire starters have not had. I can see it is quickly becoming the Snivy of the gen 6 hype. I just hope it doesn't end up being a "meh" Pokémon.

As I said earlier, Chespin does remind of Oshawott. Even though, I'm cool with it. Also, T-Rex evolution. That would be freaking awesome.

As for Froakie, I actually liked its design. I do see the resemblance with Seismitoad's line, but it is because they're based on the same animal. I'm 99% sure that its evolutions will look great.

I did a bit of looking into it, and seeing how this game is looking to be based in Europe, would it be a stretch to say that Fennekin might evolve into something similar to Reynard the Fox?

I think Chespin is going to be Grass/Ground..and Froakie is going to be Water/Ice

I wouldn't have a problem with fire/fighting as long as the animal was right.

rooster- yes
    monkey- yes
    pig- no
    fox- no

rabbit...YES!
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

There is no guarantee that the starters r going to be dual typed. may be another johto ?

I think Fennekin's my favourite of the three, which is surprising, since I usually prefer the Grass and Water starters. I'd like it to gain Psychic as a secondary type as it evolves. Chespin's all right and Froakie's not too bad, though its name is not very pleasing.

I really think that they'll go with the frog transforming into a prince route...imagine a gallant frog prince,Water/Fighting

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

WOW! Now those look... awful!

Seriously, terrible. The only good thing so far is that we finally got a non-reptile Grass starter. But who knows? When gen5 starters were released, I loved Oshawott and Tepig and found Snivy kinda plan... but when the evos came out, I couldn't care less about Samurott or Emboar nor love more Serperior.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There is no guarantee that the starters r going to be dual typed. may be another johto ?
    I really doubt it..

I adore Fennekin and I think it's cool how it has heat coming out of it's ears similar to a fennec fox. Chespin looks goofy but cool and Froakie looks awesome with those little white bubbles around the eyes. I like these guys better than the gen 5 starters already. As tradition i will be using the fire starter so here I come Fennekin!

I think this little aristocratic frog will evolve into a prince.
    And i also think Fennekin will evolve into a psychic/dark/ghost type. In japan, foxes are related with spirits, curses, etc( look at Narut´s Kyubii). And fennec foxes are said to be the most powerfull ones. Well, fennekin is likely to have a high sp.atk and speed in its final form. Dont know about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I actually think the three of them look like they could be dual typed Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I think Fennekin's my favourite of the three, which is surprising, since I usually prefer the Grass and Water starters. I'd like it to gain Psychic as a secondary type as it evolves. Chespin's all right and Froakie's not too bad, though its name is not very pleasing.
    Same here. I love Water types and I usually start with them, but Fennekin has quickly gained the spot of my favorite starter this gen. Although as always I'll start with the water starter. Froakie looks like he will become my new bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I really think that they'll go with the frog transforming into a prince route...imagine a gallant frog prince,Water/Fighting
    Now that is something I'd like to have on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloberto View Post
    WOW! Now those look... awful!

Seriously, terrible. The only good thing so far is that we finally got a non-reptile Grass starter. But who knows? When gen5 starters were released, I loved Oshawott and Tepig and found Snivy kinda plan... but when the evos came out, I couldn't care less about Samurott or Emboar nor love more Serperior.
    Give them a chance my man. There's still plenty more to revealed that could change your mind.

Credit to zhanton

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    I did a bit of looking into it, and seeing how this game is looking to be based in Europe, would it be a stretch to say that Fennekin might evolve into something similar to Reynard the Fox?
    I'm not very familiar with Reynard the fox, but from what I think I know, wouldn't that be a good set up for a Fire/Dark?

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Anyway, I'm just gonna give my two penny's worth on these new starters:

Chespin
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet, but this looks to be our first mammalian Grass starter.
    It's not relevant to my opinion on it; I just thought I'd point it out.
    I'm quite fond of the greens and browns in his colourscheme. Very foresty.
    I reckon he's gonna evolve into a Grass/Fighting type.
    I think Grass/Dark, the second attack it uses kinda look like Night Slash.
    Fennekin
    "Yo Cyndaquil! I'm real happy for ya, and I'mma let you finish, but Fennekin is one of the best Fire starters of all time! One of the best Fire starters of all time!"
    Seriously though, this could be a real comeback for the Fire starters, and I honestly don't see this becoming Fire/Fighting.
    Again, the colourscheme is just spot-on for this one. Makes it look quite ethereal.
    A "comeback" for the fire starters? The fire-starters have always seemed to be incredibly popular and designed well to me. I feel like the only reason people are so cool on Tepig is because of the "3rd Fire/Fighting in a row" thing. I think Fire/Psychic for Fennekin.

Froakie
    To me, this is the weakest of the three, although I do still quite like it, much more so than any of the Unova starters.
    I like the juxtaposition between it's humongous eyes and the tiny "eyeglasses".
    As for type upon evolution, I'm gonna say...Water/Psychic?
    I wouldn't say he's the weakest, although I don't know who I'd say IS the weakest. I don't know about Water/Psychic but maybe Water/Fighting? I have a real hard time placing the second attack it uses in the trailer.

And, for personal choice, I'm gonna pick...Fennekin.
    Foxes are just so cute!
    I'm gonna go with Chespin...or maybe...Froakie...I really don't know yet.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Well Froakie used an Ice move in the trailer, at least that is what people are saying from reviewing the trailer. So I'd say he might be Water/Ice plus his white fur? reminds me of a winter coat.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    I think Grass/Dark, the second attack it uses kinda look like Night Slash.

A "comeback" for the fire starters? The fire-starters have always seemed to be incredibly popular and designed well to me. I feel like the only reason people are so cool on Tepig is because of the "3rd Fire/Fighting in a row" thing. I think Fire/Psychic for Fennekin.

I wouldn't say he's the weakest, although I don't know who I'd say IS the weakest. I don't know about Water/Psychic but maybe Water/Fighting? I have a real hard time placing the second attack it uses in the trailer.

I'm gonna go with Chespin...or maybe...Froakie...I really don't know yet.
    I think the second attack Froakie uses is Quick Attack or something along those lines.

Froakie's final evo is probably gonna be Water Fighting (c'mon, look at him beating up that poke in the trailer.)
    Fennekin, the pokemon-ified Fire Fox, could be fFire Psychic, as it is seen using a Psychic attack on Kirlia (noob)
    As for Chespin, I think pure grass.

I don't know which one I would choose. Probably Froakie or Fennekin
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Well Froakie used an Ice move in the trailer, at least that is what people are saying from reviewing the trailer. So I'd say he might be Water/Ice plus his white fur? reminds me of a winter coat.
    Water/Ice is a great type so i would be happy if he was Water/Ice

I always choose the grass starter when I play a new Pokemon game but Im going to have to switch it up and see what Froakie is all about, I just hope it doesn't turn into a Water/Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Water/Ice is a great type so i would be happy if he was Water/Ice
    Hell yeah that would be pretty dope. Then I won't have to worry about getting something to learn an ice move for those pesky dragons.

Credit to zhanton

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Froakie's final evo is probably gonna be Water Fighting (c'mon, look at him beating up that poke in the trailer.)
    Fennekin, the pokemon-ified Fire Fox, could be fFire Psychic, as it is seen using a Psychic attack on Kirlia (noob)
    As for Chespin, I think pure grass.

I don't know which one I would choose. Probably Froakie or Fennekin
    Maybe it isn't a Psychic attack, but instead it is a Dark type one. Something like Dark Pulse or a new attack.

Also, how do you think the starters stats will be distributed? I bet that Chespin will have good defenses and average attack and speed, Fennekin will have good Special Attack and somewhat low defenses, turning it into a glass cannon, and Froakie will have balanced stats. What do you think?

I've been clamoring for a Fire/Psychic Pokemon for years, and then I got a legendary and was frustrated by that but if the Fire starter turns out to be the Fire/Psychic I've always wanted when i know I'm not gonna use it...IDK man...
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

I really like Chespin. I've pretty much always preferred the Grass starters so no surprises there.

I didn't really like Froakie when I first saw it, but now it's really started to grow on me.

Fenniken still isn't doing it for me.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

Page 11 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast