View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 110 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602101110 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone's so positive that that "Psychic-type move" being used by Fennekin in the trailer is not merely Growl.
    Agreed. I think its the fact that most of us dont want Fennekin to end up being Fire/Fighting. Sure there is a bit of a mystical look to Fennekin, which is where most of the belief it ending up Fire/Psychic lies. But that doesnt mean it will and the fact that is the move being used by Fennekin is unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    That's the only way I'd be okay with dual typed starters. Don't get me wrong, I'll still love them regardless, but I never liked the trend of giving *some* starters a second type.
    I strongly agree with that last part, that's actually what I hated most about tepig, not only was it yet another fire/fighting but the other two didn't get s***! and not even decent movepools to redeem it.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm so happy that we finally got a fire fox starter, I'm definitely going with Fennekin! Chespin is cute too

I don't know if this makes sense, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fennekin evolved into a Fire/Ground Pokemon, seeing how he might be based on a fennec. I hope not though.

I think they'll go like this:

Fennekin: fire/electric or fire/psychic

Chespin: grass/dark. Or grass/fighting

Froakie: water/dark or water/psychic

Spoiler:- NO H8:

Credit: Sworn Metalhead

I will be picking FROAKIE. He is SO CUTE!

Sorry for 2x Post! But why Electric?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    froakie is not part electric

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1bfa1231549132 :go here to get the Fennekoalition Banner

froakie is not part electric
    Would you happen to have an official statement from GameFreak to back that claim up?
    Last edited by GreenSweeper; 12th January 2013 at 1:30 AM.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone's so positive that that "Psychic-type move" being used by Fennekin in the trailer is not merely Growl.
    I highly doubt, although without much evidence to support this conclusion, that a move like Growl would be so embellished. It definitely, by aura and appearance, resembles a Psychic elemental-based move.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    just for uniqueness sake it would be cool to have that type combo, only one other pokemon has fire/electric type and it is rotoms heat form, so it would be nice to see some variety.

Tbh I myself am getting sick of the
    Chespen grass/dark
    Froakie water/fighting
    Fennekin fire/psychic

I like fire electric muuuch more for the fox
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    just for uniqueness sake it would be cool to have that type combo, only one other pokemon has fire/electric type and it is rotoms heat form, so it would be nice to see some variety.

Tbh I myself am getting sick of the
    Chespen grass/dark
    Froakie water/fighting
    Fennekin fire/psychic

I like fire electric muuuch more for the fox
    If it alleviates any angst, I absolutely disagree with the opinion that Froakie will evolve with Fighting as a secondary. Its stylistic dressings point much more towards Dark. As another side note, I personally do not own the desire that any of these Pokemon do, in fact, maintain the secondary typings that many of us are evaluating based on small but focused evidence. I only draw my perspective from intelligent and learned arguments that support that, at the very least, Froakie will possess Dark as its secondary background. Fennekin, if that was a Psychic move, will probably sport Psychic. Chespin, it's all up in the air and it's very difficult to truly assert a positive perspective on the outcome of its metamorphosis.
    Last edited by Professor Squirtle; 12th January 2013 at 1:34 AM.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSweeper View Post
    Would you happen to have an official statement from GameFreak to back that claim up?
    there is no evdnice to support that it is

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1bfa1231549132 :go here to get the Fennekoalition Banner

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    On this subject, I believe even his English name is from this. Many of the theories I've seen say that his name comes from Frog and Croak, which seems highly redundant. However there is a word that works and is related to foam: Froth.

I might as well go on about Froakie, since I'm on the subject. I doubt the thief theory. I can see where the stretched connections are - yes the foam on his back has a general sack like shape, and yes the couple of bubbles on his nose is in the general area as the knot of thier mask, but both are stretches, particularly the knot one. Added to that, I feel that Dark is one of the types they will never give as a starters subtype, so I feel it's highly unlikely that's where Froakie is going.

Or it could be froggie (or froggy) with soak/ croak inserted into it...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by dewkage View Post
    i think if they all have dual typing it wont be dark/fighting/psychic it will be something completely different
    Grass/Water
    Fire/Grass
    Water/Fire

*trollface.jpg*

No seriously though, I think dark/psychic/fighting will be the best fit.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Fenniken could still be Fire/Fighting. While I hope not, GameFreak did surprise us by making Tepig bipedal upon its evolution. The same could happen with Fenniken.

there is no evdnice to support that it is
    Nor is there to support the opposite claim. You can't go and make definitive claims if you don't at least have the evidence to back it up. For all we know Fenniken really could be Fire/Electric.
    About Me:

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

Smeargle OP must ban

I've been playing pokemon since the first gen and I think this is the first time my favourite starter has been in line with popular opinion.

I really like all three of the starters this time around, it was pretty instantaneous. I've picked a water type three times out of five now (Squirtle, Piplup, Oshawott) so I think it could be time for a change.

So I'm voting Fennekin for now.
    Last edited by Sponge; 12th January 2013 at 1:38 AM.

Nor is there to support the opposite claim. You can't go and make definitive claims if you don't at least have the evidence to back it up. For all we know Fenniken really could be Fire/Electric.
    true then why are a lot of people taking as if it is true

That is why this thread is for Speculation. Nothing has been decided, but we are just proving other points wrong and expressing our personal opinions. No official statement needs to be made, we are just laying down facts we know of as of right now.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    I'm assuming you thought that was Night Slash? Anyway, Froakie doesn't seem like a pokemon with a dark affinity. Maybe that move was just an add-on to his movepool, like Turtwig and Withdraw.

Overall by appearence, Froakie's just water in my case.

Pretty much established that Fennekin was using something like Psywave, or any other (unofficially) new Psychic type move. But that thing's aiming for a Ninetales complex IMO.
    To debate the fallacy that Froakie lacks a Dark affinity therefore will not evolve into having it as a secondary typing, is akin to saying Mudkip does not have a Ground affinity and therefore will not evolve into a Ground Pokemon. Either way I will not divulge the premise,for it very much does appear to, while not possessing a clearly "Dark" behavioral concept, reflect the appearance of a Japanese thief. The starters are neotenous and never sporting the evolved secondary types, but this one stood out to quite a few of us observers.

A
    H
    H
    H...

true then why are a lot of people taking as if it is true
    They're not. They're speculating. For now that's all any of us can do.
    About Me:

--------------

Smeargle OP must ban

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    That is why this thread is for Speculation. Nothing has been decided, but we are just proving other points wrong and expressing our personal opinions. No official statement needs to be made, we are just laying down facts we know of as of right now.
    Do you know Fennekin isn't Fire/Electric as a fact? How's the pay over at GameFreak?
    About Me:

--------------

Smeargle OP must ban

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    If it alleviates any angst, I absolutely disagree with the opinion that Froakie will evolve with Fighting as a secondary. Its stylistic dressings point much more towards Dark. As another side note, I personally do not own the desire that any of these Pokemon do, in fact, maintain the secondary typings that many of us are evaluating based on small but focused evidence. I only draw my perspective from intelligent and learned arguments that support that, at the very least, Froakie will possess Dark as its secondary background. Fennekin, if that was a Psychic move, will probably sport Psychic. Chespin, it's all up in the air and it's very difficult to truly assert a positive perspective on the outcome of its metamorphosis.
    personally I would love to see chespin become Grass/steel Hedgehogs are defensive creatures right? and the type combo goes together like peanut butter and jelly. and I like the fire/psy Idea but I'm getting sick of it being talked to-death every 5 posts . I can get behind the thief frog idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Grass/Water
    Fire/Grass
    Water/Fire
    ^This
    *trollface.jpg*

No seriously though, I think dark/psychic/fighting will be the best fit.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Do you know Fennekin isn't Fire/Electric as a fact? How's the pay over at GameFreak?
    And there's a flying unicorn in the sky right now, but it's invisible and you can't sense it at all. Right, you can't disprove my statement but it's without any logical background. If one could somehow support this speculation that any of these starters will possess Electric as a secondary typing I will concede. It sounds more like a bandwagon headed down a dark tunnel.

A
    H
    H
    H...

Page 110 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602101110 ... LastLast