View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 1101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 10110011051109110971098109911001101110211031104110511111151 ... LastLast
Results 27,501 to 27,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I have a certain dislike to Mega Charizard X. I know its for fanservice and all but why would it be fair to give only 2 to one starter? Especially if the other starters may not get a mega?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Wow, I was away for less than a whole day and the starter evolutions were leaked (not a surprise really). Greninja is real, cool, but the other two look nothing like I would have expected! And I like it Chesnaught is my favourite by far!
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Dang, It does look shopped

The coloring is a lot better
    The only reason I wish it wasn't shopped. I don't mind the long limbs, personally.

Out of all the Kalos final starter evolutions, my favorite would have to be Greninja right now. Chesnaught is slowly gaining that spot though.
    Last edited by DarkFlameMaster; 3rd October 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    3DS FC: 1435 4712 5995 (PM if you add) | Rock | My Friend Safari: Barbacle, Macargo, Dwebble | In-Game Names: Azusa (Y) or Yasushi (X)

Honestly, when they first came out, the only starter I didn't care for was Froakie.
    At that point, I decided to go with Chespin, as the other two really didn't stand out.

Once we got to mid evolutions, Braixen's blatantly feminine design turned me off, and while I thought Quilladin's design was a bit dumb, it was pretty entertaining and I didn't mind. I realize that chestnuts...open up after a while, so I felt like its design would do the same (it does, obviously) leading me to still keep it in mind.

But Frogadier was a pleasant surprise. The sleek, fast look is ironically how I like to play any other game (Ven from Kingdom Hearts, a rogue/archer in fantasy games, sniper/assassin in shooters), but I have had a history of liking bulky starters: Venusaur, Feraligatr, Swampert, Torterra, Emboar.

Now that we got to the final evolutions, I am actually very torn!

I like Chesnaught's design, but I feel like the coloring looks weird. I also don't like how the typing trio of Fighting/Psychic/Dark doesn't balance them out, like we were originally lead to believe (but then again, there was a type switch/mistake in info.)

I am a HUGE Dark-type lover, and Greninja's design is a pleasant surprise once again. I don't understand all the hate on the tongue design. People keep saying it's "digusting," but I have NO IDEA how a frog using its tongue is disgusting. The neck scarf is the most creative design on a Pokémon in a VERY LONG WHILE. And it actually looks cool.

Now...Delphox. The design is okay. The typing is very interesting, but other than that...I find its whole thing to be a bit lackluster. I'm just not impressed. Oh well.

That being said, I will have to find out if you really get Shauna's starter at the end of the game. If so, I will choose Chespin, but if not, I will be very happy with Froakie!
    Tauros tastes like beef. YAY! I'M A POKÉMON SOMMELIER!

I actually think Chesnaught is pretty cool. I have posted something about this before but after seeing his evolution I am almost positive this thing is going to get Shell Smash. His big shell looks like it could potentially be taken off and I can totally envision him in the anime using Shell Smash to speed up and go on the offensive. When you imagine Chesnaught taking off his shell it's much easier to envision him as a fighting type. So many Japanese martial artists in pop culture have been shown to take heavy pieces of equipment off to show their true fighting potential and I think Chesnaught may have been inspired by this.

Seeing as all 3 of the starters get signature moves it is apparent to me that Gamefreak is trying to be extra creative with them and I'm more than willing to wager there is more to these designs than these screenshots let on.
    Last edited by Icon Zeph; 3rd October 2013 at 10:22 AM.

Funny enough Even though chesnaught's Typing differ from Ground and rock moves it learned but the form definitely looks like it can use Rollout or even Dig and Earthquake. I'm guessing that while in the 3rd form, it probably will learn Arm Hammer or Wood Hammer. Originally I did want Greninja to be physical attacker in getting a new powerful Physical Water attack but I'll leave that to other physical water pokemons. Though I hope Feraligatr will get a new Physical water move in its move pool.
    FC: 0748-2622-4830
    Safari type: Electric (Emolga, Electrabuzz and Galvantula).
    Pokemon Versions: X and Y
    If you need help in trade for evolution/pokedex/exclusive pokemon, Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohei View Post
    i'm PRETTY sure it's not a tongue, but a scarf.

Dayumm, I HATED greninja but now I'm starting to love him <3

Chesnaught looks like a Digimon. :x and It's a shame that the beautiful Braixen evolves into that ugly Delphox.
    But I think I'll change my mind about those two and will actually accept them eventually, like I did with Greninja.

I agree with your theory that it's a scarf and not his tounge. Even Lickitung doesn't have his tounge stuck out 24/7.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaasuti View Post
    I agree with your theory that it's a scarf and not his tounge. Even Lickitung doesn't have his tounge stuck out 24/7.
    I think it's been confirmed that it's his tongue though, based on Pokemon Amie footage.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Chestnaught is the one I like the most, although I do agree with what others have said, it does look like a Digimon. And I know that's a cliché argument that everyone throws around whenever a new Pokemon is announced, but it actually does apply to Chestnaught. All it's missing are some BDSM-looking belts along its arms and legs and the Crest of Reliability painted on its shell. Nevertheless, it still looks awesome and I look forward to using it.

I don't particularly like Greninja, mostly because the giant tongue wrapped around its neck is a bit silly-looking. Plus the pink doesn't really go with the dark blue in my opinion. I think it would probably look better if they kept Froakie and Frogadier's bubbles.

Delphox was more or less what I was expecting for Braixen's evolution, and I like that it's Fire/Psychic rather than Fire/Fighting, but I still don't think I'll actually use it.
    Last edited by Russell-Bowman; 3rd October 2013 at 10:47 AM.

Damn All i need is the Sugimori arts of those starters so i can slap them onto my Sig already! (I'm calm... ^_^)
    FC: 0748-2622-4830
    Safari type: Electric (Emolga, Electrabuzz and Galvantula).
    Pokemon Versions: X and Y
    If you need help in trade for evolution/pokedex/exclusive pokemon, Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Cross_Thunder_Zekrom View Post
    Damn All i need is the Sugimori arts of those starters so i can slap them onto my Sig already! (I'm calm... ^_^)

I reserve the judgement of all but Delphox being ugly until i see the official artwork.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Anyone got pictures of the starters? Don't want to scroll through all the pages >.>

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

Quote Originally Posted by Cross_Thunder_Zekrom View Post
    Need the official art to make my decision I'm 60/40, Froakie/Chespin. Need more fan art to make this choice.

Thought you guys might appreciate this,
    http://i.imgur.com/7SuMbOc.jpg
    List of weaknesses for the starters in nice organised table.
    Last edited by WNDR; 3rd October 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

I'm not understanding the hate for the starter evolutions

Greninja, is cute and deadly! I LOVE IT!
    Dylphox, its gender neutral and has that elemental witch feel I think its awesome
    Chestnaught, omg! Quillan did pull a pupitar on us, that's bad*****!

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Dang, It does look shopped

The coloring is a lot better
    such small details but make huge difference. i wish chesnaught looked like the one on right
    All time favourites

friend code :2165 6376 4070

http://krocf4.deviantart.com/art/Meg...oost-404817233

What do you think Mega Venusaur's stats are based on this?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
    such small details but make huge difference. i wish chesnaught looked like the one on right
    I did hear that it was a male / female difference but of course I doubt that would be true. I can't remember where I read it and I took it with a grain of salt to be honest.

I'm a little torn to which starter I'll choose. I am getting both versions so I know one will be one choice and the other. I don't wish to use Chespin. I just don't like the look of any of it's evolutions personally. I'm a little downhearted that Fennekin wasn't on all fours for the duration of the stage 1 and 2 evolutions. Even though, the final evolution is kinda awesome looking. I think for my main game, my starter will end up being Froakie. I didn't go so much on him at the beginning and was a Fennekin Fan but now that I've seen both stages of evolution I love it even more. Plus I kind of need to weed out my over use of fire types. I know I wont be able to resist Charmander and the likelihood of obtaining a Houndour.

We'll have to see in 9 days. Too excited for words.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

It has happened once more i can't decide between Ancient Egyption Ruler Chespin or High Priestess Fennekin it's just too close to call. I love Froakies first two forms more than fennekin's but I like Fennekin's final more than Chespin's. God why is this soooo hard
    If you are going to be two faced at least have one of them be pretty
    Outstanding Beauty, Kindness, Love and the Blessings of Nature
    These traits create The Fairy Queen

I would love Chestnaught so much if it had a brown shell and no silly eggshell on its head.
    It would be so cute if you could see its ears!

If there's anything Pokemon has taught me. . .
    It's that no matter how hard you work, and how amazing your final product is.
    Someone is ALWAYS going to complain.

Learn that Pokemon aren't tailor made just for you and you'll realize how amazing all three of these really are. . .

NEWS FLASH:
    The world doesn't revolve around you.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by TheFairyQueen View Post
    It has happened once more i can't decide between Ancient Egyption Ruler Chespin or High Priestess Fennekin it's just too close to call. I love Froakies first two forms more than fennekin's but I like Fennekin's final more than Chespin's. God why is this soooo hard
    I know right
    Like think these are some of the best starter evolutions!
    I love them all
    But its cute greninja for me

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    If there's anything Pokemon has taught me. . .
    It's that no matter how hard you work, and how amazing your final product is.
    Someone is ALWAYS going to complain.

Learn that Pokemon aren't tailor made just for you and you'll realize how amazing all three of these really are. . .

NEWS FLASH:
    The world doesn't revolve around you.

Seen a perfect quote for this site,

Imagine a child has close to 1000 toys to play with and it throws a tantrum over the shape or colour of about 5....
    The Pokemon fandom.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I know right
    Like think these are some of the best starter evolutions!
    I love them all
    But its cute greninja for me
    Sadly Froakie and I never clicked but that doesn't mean it's not a great pokemon just not the right fit for me, i think i'm leaning a little more to Fennekin as the final evolution will probably be the one i spend the most time in-game with
    If you are going to be two faced at least have one of them be pretty
    Outstanding Beauty, Kindness, Love and the Blessings of Nature
    These traits create The Fairy Queen

Looks like Froakie's got it hard mode, being weak to 4 out of the first 5 gyms
    I think I need to go to my dentist, cause you're too damn sweet.
    Friend Safari: 1246-8830-2535
        Spoiler:- Safari-Pokes:

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmallbrot View Post
        Spoiler:- please spoiler it:
    Spoiler that I don't wanna know

Page 1101 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 10110011051109110971098109911001101110211031104110511111151 ... LastLast