View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 1128 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1281028107811181124112511261127112811291130113111321138 ... LastLast
Results 28,176 to 28,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SageofTruth View Post
    That would be hilarious

Edit: Given that grovyle has base 95 speed stat and Greninja has a similar speed to sceptile, I think it is safe to assume frogadiers speed is 79+
    And our fastest right now is 78 wow.... *shakes head* what we do without Greninja.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

What I like about Delphox and Greninja is this, they are the pokemon that can fill up the role that are highly sought after, Special sweeper and Dual sweeper respectively.
    My current Team :

Black:

White 2:

Greninja will have more Speed than Sceptile. If it doesn't, it fails as a ninja! >_<

I'm in.

Sceptile > Venusaur > Serperior > Meganium > Chesnaught > Torterra

Charizard > Infernape > Blaziken > Delphox > Typhlosion > Emboar

Greninja > Feraligatr > Blastoise > Samurott > Swampert > Empoleon
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Default Starter thoughts

Short version: I think Chesnaught has slight color scheme issues, Greninja has some color scheme and slight design issues, and Delphox is the greatest starter design since Blaziken imo (And I can practically guarantee you that NOBODY will agree with me on that one)

Overall, I like all 3 final evos. Many people were only so disappointed in them since they set their expectations too high. I had high hopes for cool evos as well...then all those expectations were thrown out the second I saw the 1st evos (I liked them, but was not impressed really at all). From there, I had really low expectations for what the finals would be like, but at the same time hoped they would redeem the 1st evos. They did, and that is all that really mattered to me.

Basically: Delphox>>>>Greninja>Chesnaught
    Out of the gens in general (in terms of final evos): Gen 3 >>>> Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen 5
    Grass types: Sceptile > Torterra > Serperior > Meganium > Venusaur > Chesnaught
    Water types: Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise > Greninja > Samurott
    Fire types: Blaziken > Delphox > Infernape > Typhlosion > Emboar > Charizard
    (Sue me, I never was a huge fan of Gen 1)
    Last edited by RaiXku; 5th October 2013 at 6:11 AM.

Do we know base stats for these guys yet?

Yay! My turn

Grass:
    Torterra>Sceptile>Chesnaught>Serperior>Venasaur>Meganium

Fire
    Blaziken>Infernape>Charizard>Delphox>Typhlosion>Emboar

Water
    Samurott>Greninja=Empoleon>Feraligator>Swampert>Blastiose

Gens
    IV>VI=III>I>II>V
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Man, I'm so torn between what I'm choosing for my team. Originally, when X and Y were announced, I was all for Froakie. Then when the starters were released I planned on skipping the Kalos starters and using a Mega Blastoise. But THEN when I discovered that you don't get them early in the game, so I decided on just using both Froakie and Blastoise for a water team. Then, when Greninja and Chesnaught were leaked, I decided to just use Chesnaugt, Mega Blastoise, and Blaziken. But now Greninja's starting to grow on me, plus I kind of want to use a Mega Charizard X as my main Pokémon, but I don't even know when you receive the Mega Stone in the game.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, for me it's:
    Chesnaught > Greninja > Delphox
    Grass: Torterra > Sceptile > Chesnaught > Meganium > Venusaur > Serperior
    Water: Blastoise > Feraligatr > Empoleon > Greninja > Swampert = Samurott
    Fire: Emboar > Blaziken = Infernape = Typhlosion > Charizard > Delphox

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by RaiXku View Post
    Short version: I think Chesnaught has some color scheme issues, Greninja has some color scheme and slight design issues, and Delphox is the greatest starter design since Blaziken imo (And I can practically guarantee you that NOBODY will agree with me on that one)

I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Man, I'm so torn between what I'm choosing for my team. Originally, when X and Y were announced, I was all for Froakie. Then when the starters were released I planned on skipping the Kalos starters and using a Mega Blastoise. But THEN when I discovered that you don't get them early in the game, so I decided on just using both Froakie and Blastoise for a water team. Then, when Greninja and Chesnaught were leaked, I decided to just use Chesnaugt, Mega Blastoise, and Blaziken. But now Greninja's starting to grow on me, plus I kind of want to use a Mega Charizard X as my main Pokémon, but I don't even know when you receive the Mega Stone in the game.

x
    You get the mega stone along with the starter from what ive heard
    Last edited by IceDX; 5th October 2013 at 5:48 AM.
    POKEMON X PLANNED TEAM:

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    And our fastest right now is 78 wow.... *shakes head* what we do without Greninja.
    Blastoise of all pokemon has that stat too...ironically the turtle was the fastest until now.
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaiXku View Post
    Short version: I think Chesnaught has some color scheme issues, Greninja has some color scheme and slight design issues, and Delphox is the greatest starter design since Blaziken imo (And I can practically guarantee you that NOBODY will agree with me on that one)

Overall, I like all 3 final evos. Many people were only so disappointed in them since they set their expectations too high. I had high hopes for cool evos as well...then all those expectations were thrown out the second I saw the 1st evos (I liked them, but was not impressed really at all). From there, I had really low expectations for what the finals would be like, but at the same time hoped they would redeem the 1st evos. They did, and that is all that really mattered to me.

Basically: Delphox>>>>Greninja>Chesnaught
    Out of the gens in general (in terms of final evos): Gen 3 >>>> Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen 5
    Grass types: Sceptile > Torterra > Serperior > Meganium > Venusaur > Chesnaught
    Water types: Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise > Greninja > Samurott
    Fire types: Blaziken > Delphox > Infernape > Typhlosion > Emboar > Charizard
    (Sue me, I never was a huge fan of Gen 1)

This is why chesnaught is colored the way he is. It makes sense. The only colors I would adjust is the shell. Otherwise he matches up perfectly.
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

I HATED Delphox when I first saw it. But after seeing some fan art (like this: http://i.imgur.com/Qfy7ZuV.png ), she kinda grew on me. It's funny because I originally loved Fennekin and was planning on choosing it & hated Froakie. Now it's the other way around - Greninja is awesome! Chesnaught isn't quite what I was hoping for but it's okay. For me...
    Greninja > Delphox = Chesnaught
    ---------------------------------
    White FC: 2924 - 0370 - 4695
    ---------------------------------
    Trading Thread
    Rate My Team?

Quote Originally Posted by SageofTruth View Post
    [

This is why chesnaught is colored the way he is. It makes sense. The only colors I would adjust is the shell. Otherwise he matches up perfectly.
    This is what "color scheme issues" meant. He could use some more green. I guess I could say "slight color scheme issues" instead.

i've never liked the water starter the best.... til now. and i was really excited for fennekin because it was cute, looked like it woulndn't be fire/fighting, and cuz well i generally like fire starters. but delphox... i feel like they could've tweaked the current design a little bit and I would be totally cool with it [like have the robe flare up at the bottom like flames]. as it is, i'm trying to force myself to like it through fanart [where it looks great because in fanart the head isn't freakishly small]

I've asked this before, and I don't think it has been answered yet...

Do we know if and what Dark attacks Greninja learns??? Thanks!
    Y TEAM

GRENINJA
    TALONFLAME
    FLORGES
    MEGA VENUSAUR
    PANGORO
    DRAGALGE

Quote Originally Posted by Spyfox4989 View Post
    I've asked this before, and I don't think it has been answered yet...

Do we know if and what Dark attacks Greninja learns??? Thanks!
    All that it has been revealed to e able to learn are: Frogadier's moves, Surf, Waterfall, Extrsensory, Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken, and Smack Down. Most of those are TMs/HMs, but it's still compatible with them. Hopefully someone will leak its Dark type moves.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I like the idea of this game.

Grass:

Venusaur>Torterra>Sceptile>Chesnaught>Meganium>Sceptile (I had such high hopes after Grovyle...

Fire

Charizard>Typhlosion>Blaziken>Delphox>Infernape>Emboar

Water
    Empoleon>Samurott>Swampert>Blastoise>Greninja>Feraligator

Gens
    II>III>I>V>IV... I'll rate VI once I see every pokemon...

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Oh oh! I want to try!

Fire>Water>Grass
    VI>V>III>II>IV>I

.;~Grass~;.
    Serperior>Chestnaught>Sceptile>Meganum>Torterra>Ve nusaur.

.;~Water~;.
    Samurott>Swampert>Empoleon>Feraligator>Greninja>Bl astoise.

.;~Fire~;.
    Delphox>Typhlosion>Blaziken>Monferno>Charizard>Emb oar.

Blasphemous, I know. Especially since I'm not a huge fan of the original starters and I'm really starting to like Delphox. ;P
    "He is prescient and intense, like a looming thunderstorm trying to whisper its secrets into our incapable ears..."

I'm extremely happy that Chesnaught can learn needle arm now all I want is for him to learn shell smash. He'll become deadly with that move. Also Spiky Shield sounds like a pretty cool move.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomsupfellas View Post
    I HATED Delphox when I first saw it. But after seeing some fan art (like this: http://i.imgur.com/Qfy7ZuV.png ), she kinda grew on me. It's funny because I originally loved Fennekin and was planning on choosing it & hated Froakie. Now it's the other way around - Greninja is awesome! Chesnaught isn't quite what I was hoping for but it's okay. For me...
    Greninja > Delphox = Chesnaught
    Wow, I agree. Now Delphox is growing on me too! When I first saw Delphox, I was deeply disappointed and considered not evolving Braixen.

Pokemon Y FC: 1220-6681-3236
    My Safari Pokemon: Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Oddish

Starter rankings? Alrighty then.

Grass:
    Sceptile > Torterra > Chesnaught > Venusaur > Serperior > Meganium (Never warmed up to the Chikorita line. Not sure why.)

Fire:
    Infernape > Charizard > Typhlosion > Blaziken > Emboar > Delphox (I really dislike the entire Fennekin line.)

Water:
    Empoleon > Swampert > Feraligatr > Blastoise > Samurott > Greninja (Greninja's still a turn-off for me, but I see myself warming up to it after a while.)

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Let me try...

Grass:
    Meganium > Venasaur > Serperior > Chesnaught > Sceptile > Torterra

Fire:
    Blaziken > Typholosion > Delphox > Charizard > Infernape > Emboar

Water
    Feraligatr > Empoleon > Blastoise > Swampert > Samurott > Greninja

Pokemon Y FC: 1220-6681-3236
    My Safari Pokemon: Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Oddish

For me it goes like this right now

Typhlosion > Charizard > Infernape > Blaziken > Delphox > Emboar
    Sceptile > Serperior > Venusaur > Chesnaught > Torterra > Meganium
    Greninja > Empoleon > Swampert > Feraligatr > Samurott> Blastoise

The first 6 are my choices for each gen, hard time between infernape and empo, and charizard and venu but that mega evo X omg *fangirls about the blue fire*

---------------Dark vs Light----------------------

Seriously, guys, let's stop with the starter rankings. xD It's getting a little annoying tbh.

Angry

Accuse me of being in denial, but I'm still really hoping that these starters are fakes. They look like a two-year-old created them. They're inconsistent. They're just... thoroughly disappointing.

That said, having originally been Team Fennekin (and barring movepools that have yet to be divulged), I think I've converted to Froakie with Fennekin in close second. Which of course means:

Greninja=Delphox>Chesnaught

And in the grand scheme of things:

Grass: Meganium>Torterra>Sceptile>Venusaur>Serperior>Chesnaught
    Fire: Emboar>Typhlosion>Charizard>Blaziken=Delphox>Infernape
    Water: Swampert>Feraligatr>Blastoise>Greninja>Empoleon>Samurott

And gen-wise:

II>III>I>V>IV>VI

I have a feeling six will bump four to last place based on the story element, but I'm not holding my breath. If the starter final evos are any indication, all the art budget went to Mega Evolutions and that shouldn't be the case. If I can't stand to look at my team, there's an issue.
    Last edited by AriSky; 5th October 2013 at 7:21 AM. Reason: Late + Full of Rage = Typos
    Y Team
    Dragalge | Dedenne | Lucario | Delphox | Aurorus | Gogoat

X Nuzlocke Team

Page 1128 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1281028107811181124112511261127112811291130113111321138 ... LastLast