View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 117 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672171117 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2901
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    World Of Pokemon
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    No. If it was just a fox, it could be anything. Being a FIRE-BREATHING fox makes it a Kitsune. No matter what type it ends up being, being a fox that can breath fire makes it a type of kitsune by default. The type who's "magical property" is the ability to breath fire, among others.
    I still hope it turn into a Jackal that stand on it to feet and be Fire and Psychic. If not then I want it to be a Fire and Rock

  2. #2902
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Still better than a fourth Fire/Fighting in a row, that's for sure.
    Indeed. Fennekin not being a Fire/Fighting is one of the many gifts Gamefreak might give us on this new Gen.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  3. #2903
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    How Snivy was going to become a Psychic-Type
    I don't recall Snivy being thought of as psychic, unless it was to fit with the other two starter type connections.

    I heard poison, electric, and dragon, but that was the primary choices (if I remember correctly). Snivy becoming a psychic type probably would've been interesting to see. Shame it didn't happen.
    -------

    For once I would like all basic starters to have dual types. It's a shame how Bulbasaur is the only one, I wonder why they didn't do that.

    But personally based on the Pokémon themselves, here's a few suggestions outside of their obvious typing.

    Chespin- Ground, Dark, Steel/Rock
    Ground- Chespin actually looks like it primarily lives on the ground rather than trees, I can also see it digging underground, and depending on how it evolves, I can see it becoming part ground, perhaps even with drill run.

    Dark- I can see how bright bubbly chipper looking Pokémon would evolve into something more "dark." If it was dark I could possibly see some temporary signature move.

    Steel- It almost seems as if Chespin is wearing some kind of armor, while rock might be a possibility, I could see it being steel, would be interesting to see what this would look like. If not, why not rock.
    ---

    Fennekin- Psychic, Electric, Ground
    Psychic- Not because of the move it was shown seeing, but because it looks like it could evolve into a psychic type, like it could develop some kind of symbol or something where it derives it's psychic power or whatever.

    Electric- Because it's yellow.....no really I can see it developing electrical abilities, although it would depend on how it were going to evolve.

    Ground- Because of the whole Fennec fox, not because I genuinely think it will evolve into a ground type.
    ---

    Froakie- Ice, Flying, Fighting, Psychic

    Ice- Kind of has that water/ice look about it, so I could definitely see it becoming part ice.

    Flying- If the white coloring on it, is foam, then I can kind of see how that foam can maybe become part of a cloud, the only problem is, we already have Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus, not sure if it's going to become part flying because of them (at least not in this gen), but also reminds me of Cyclos and Zephos of Zelda: Wind Waker. Only I'm not sure if being that weak to electric types is going to work, but we'll see, maybe 6th gen will introduce double abilities. And one could make it resistant to electric types.

    Fighting- Because it looked pretty nimble when it attacked Patrat in what looked like a close combat type move. If it was Acrobatics, then that might be a point for the water/flying typing. And I don't know, I kind of like the idea of something like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Frog or something like that.

    Psychic- I'm only suggesting this, because people suggested that it could evolve into a wise frog, and what better typing than psychic, to show that intelligence off.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  4. #2904
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Whereas some of us may be devising perspectives based on desires, many of us are not. I don't care if Froakie possesses Dark, Fighting, Electric or what have you as a secondary typing. I draw my analysis based on an intelligent perspective drawn from another user here, and the similarities this Pokemon bares with a Japanese thief. The resemblance is very noticeable.

    1)The continued fallacy relating the color of a creature's eyes to its elemental background is shallow and irrelevant, or even its related scheme to that of another Pokemon. However, it is clear that the blue skin IS a direct reference to water as its background. This is the traditional color scheme of the water-based starter.
    It NOT shallow and irrelevant. The fact that the yellow is on his EYES may be irrelevant to his typing, but the fact that the yellow it there at all in combination with the other mentioned colors are NOT. Especially when compared to another Pokemon who uses the EXACT SAME color scheme that, because of its complete relevance, is a common color scheme used to suggest electric typing, making this comparison to the color scheme of this other electric type Pokemon ALSO completely relevant to my point.

    2)It isn't sitting on a cloud in a storm; its "sack" is (most likely) represented by bubbles or foam. These are features pertinent to a frog or water entity.
    Just because it isn't sitting on the cloud, doesn't make it any less of a cloud or any less cloud-like. Altaria, for example has clouds like wings, That doesn't make those any less cloud-like. There is just as much of a change for the "sack" to be a cloud or representing a cloud as it is to represent foam. Just because clouds don't grow on frogs doesn't mean it can't be on this fictional frog Pokemon, and the clouds can be an allusion to the foam or bubble on real frogs.

    3)Again, the chances are more likely that the "pouch" is relatable to the constantly attended topic of the dorobou rather than some cloud-like assembly inexplicably surrounding it. And it is more likely compose of a surrounding foam, than clouds.
    I don't understand what makes your "more likely" then mine and countless others. I have listed several perfectly good reasons for my views and have consistently debunked and arguments meant to debunk mine. I don't see any reason why why the "pouch" can't be a cloud. It looks just as much like a cloud as it does like foam.

    4)How does it resemble Benjamin Franklin?
    SIGH...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Elaborate on how Ben/froakie look alike at all.
    Ahem...

    The to white circles where it's nose would be resemble spectacles. The cloud/sack resemble Ben's receding hairline. The front of the cloud/sack may resemble the fluff of a white dress shirt of the time, while the white hands may resemble either white gloves, or even Ben's hands coming out of his dress coat. Also, just Froakie's pensive expression ties it all together for me.

    Like I said, that one is a stretch in my opinion. But once someone mentioned it, I saw it clearly.

  5. #2905
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Only I'm not sure if being that weak to electric types is going to work, but we'll see, maybe 6th gen will introduce double abilities. And one could make it resistant to electric types.
    Double abilities? Such a feature would weaken the spirit of breeding for abilities. It can also make a possibility to make breeding more challenging. For example, if a 6th gen Pokemon turned out to be some kind of fast physical sweeper that can have solar power or dry skin (the Bad Luck Brian of Pokémon) and NOW we have double abilities. You better hope Drought Ninetales or Sunny Day appears.

    I can't think of any ability that protects you against Electric attacks other than Motor Drive which is exclusively for Electric Pokémon for now, for now.

  6. #2906
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    OK so fennec foxes are an African species of fox and after a little research on foxes in folklore two sources give me an Idea on typing, one myth is about a trictster god called the pale fox, (suggesting possible fire/dark or fire with dark type moves) but the image appears to be a diffident species.

    then we have this quote: There is a Tswana riddle that says that "Phokoje go tsela o dithetsenya" translated literally into Only the muddy fox lives meaning that, in a philosophical sense, only an active person who does not mind getting muddy gets to progress in life. (possible fire/ground but more likely refers to doing questionable acts to achieve goals, so again possibly dark influence) BTW both are desert fox related lore like the fennec
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  7. #2907
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Froakie- Ice, Flying, Fighting, Psychic

    Ice- Kind of has that water/ice look about it, so I could definitely see it becoming part ice.

    Flying- If the white coloring on it, is foam, then I can kind of see how that foam can maybe become part of a cloud, the only problem is, we already have Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus, not sure if it's going to become part flying because of them (at least not in this gen), but also reminds me of Cyclos and Zephos of Zelda: Wind Waker. Only I'm not sure if being that weak to electric types is going to work, but we'll see, maybe 6th gen will introduce double abilities. And one could make it resistant to electric types.

    Fighting- Because it looked pretty nimble when it attacked Patrat in what looked like a close combat type move. If it was Acrobatics, then that might be a point for the water/flying typing. And I don't know, I kind of like the idea of something like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Frog or something like that.

    Psychic- I'm only suggesting this, because people suggested that it could evolve into a wise frog, and what better typing than psychic, to show that intelligence off.
    These are EXACTLY the reasons (among others) why I think it will be Water/Electric, plus it would solve the problems you mentioned.

  8. #2908
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Double abilities? Such a feature would weaken the spirit of breeding for abilities. It can also make a possibility to make breeding more challenging. For example, if a 6th gen Pokemon turned out to be some kind of fast physical sweeper that can have solar power or dry skin (the Bad Luck Brian of Pokémon) and NOW we have double abilities. You better hope Drought Ninetales or Sunny Day appears.
    I still think that a Pokémon should have double abilities, like they can be dual typed. But I suppose maybe if there are many abilities that exist with many different effects, then perhaps double abilities can be introduced. I just don't think the starter Pokémon should be limited solely to Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow, and ignoring "hidden" abilities, they should have an ability is accessible that differs.

    Honestly it doesn't make much sense, that certain types of Pokémon in the Pokémon world, conveniently had Blaze, Overgrow, and Torrent as their primary/only ability and thus became starters as a result. I figure, that starter Pokémon become starter Pokémon because they are easy to train, and is one of the most powerful Pokémon you can have.


    I can't think of any ability that protects you against Electric attacks other than Motor Drive which is exclusively for Electric Pokémon for now, for now.
    It could be a new ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    These are EXACTLY the reasons (among others) why I think it will be Water/Electric, plus it would solve the problems you mentioned.
    Oh, okay, I can see that happening, the clouds don't represent flying type, but perhaps thunder clouds, that produce lightning, I guess that could work too.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #2909
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Squirtle University of Weather
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Whereas some of us may be devising perspectives based on desires, many of us are not. I don't care if Froakie possesses Dark, Fighting, Electric or what have you as a secondary typing. I draw my analysis based on an intelligent perspective drawn from another user here, and the similarities this Pokemon bares with a Japanese thief. The resemblance is very noticeable.

    1)The continued fallacy relating the color of a creature's eyes to its elemental background is shallow and irrelevant, or even its related scheme to that of another Pokemon. However, it is clear that the blue skin IS a direct reference to water as its background. This is the traditional color scheme of the water-based starter.
    It NOT shallow and irrelevant. The fact that the yellow is on his EYES may be irrelevant to his typing, but the fact that the yellow it there at all in combination with the other mentioned colors are NOT. Especially when compared to another Pokemon who uses the EXACT SAME color scheme that, because of its complete relevance, is a common color scheme used to suggest electric typing, making this comparison to the color scheme of this other electric type Pokemon ALSO completely relevant to my point.

    2)It isn't sitting on a cloud in a storm; its "sack" is (most likely) represented by bubbles or foam. These are features pertinent to a frog or water entity.
    Just because it isn't sitting on the cloud, doesn't make it any less of a cloud or any less cloud-like. Altaria, for example has clouds like wings, That doesn't make those any less cloud-like. There is just as much of a change for the "sack" to be a cloud or representing a cloud as it is to represent foam. Just because clouds don't grow on frogs doesn't mean it can't be on this fictional frog Pokemon, and the clouds can be an allusion to the foam or bubble on real frogs.

    3)Again, the chances are more likely that the "pouch" is relatable to the constantly attended topic of the dorobou rather than some cloud-like assembly inexplicably surrounding it. And it is more likely compose of a surrounding foam, than clouds.
    I don't understand what makes your "more likely" then mine and countless others. I have listed several perfectly good reasons for my views and have consistently debunked and arguments meant to debunk mine. I don't see any reason why why the "pouch" can't be a cloud. It looks just as much like a cloud as it does like foam.

    4)How does it resemble Benjamin Franklin?
    SIGH...
    1) It's not relevant at all and your caps lock banter didn't create the illusion that it is either. It's a fallacy that because it has yellow eyes, which also happen to be really big as to generation more "noise" in its dynamic color scheme, it must possess electric capabilities. The fact that Sugimori decided to use colors similar to another Pokemon still does not make your argument less fallacious. It's an analysis based on context not actual content.

    2) No, but you didn't compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Your entire point was that it shared similarities with a character from a Zelda game - a frog who sits upon a cloud. Let's try to remain in focus here. So yes, not sitting on a cloud does rupture that statement. There is a greater chance that this is symbolic of foam or bubbles than clouds. For one, frogs live in an environment composed of bubbles and foam. Frogs don't live in clouds. I just have a feeling that the "allusion" to foam on the frog, is that exactly; foam.

    3)You'll have to provide substantial examples of this miraculous occurrence where you somehow "debunk" people "debunking" your very stretched speculation (which is very unlikely) before I begin to accept this premise. This perspective I have is drawn from another user here and built upon that same perspective. The reflection we can witness here is the depiction that the "sack" which is conveniently connected from around the neck (where it has a "joined" point) to the back (like a sack on the back of a thief versus a...ridiculously placed powdered wig?) is a reference to a dorobou. The strangely colored nostrils (the same color as the "sack" with a slick flat blue line leading to the back and beginning from the snout also points to a similar reflection.

    4) That picture doesn't provide any relation. Where is Froakie's powdered wig? His spectacles? His regal outfit? Really, this is all based on this "pensive" appearance and some white fluff around his neck-back area. Shallow.

    Your speculation is simply harder to begin to accept. It's generally less likely, and also makes less sense.

    A
    H
    H
    H...

  10. #2910
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I still think that a Pokémon should have double abilities, like they can be dual typed. But I suppose maybe if there are many abilities that exist with many different effects, then perhaps double abilities can be introduced. I just don't think the starter Pokémon should be limited solely to Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow, and ignoring "hidden" abilities, they should have an ability is accessible that differs.

    Honestly it doesn't make much sense, that certain types of Pokémon in the Pokémon world, conveniently had Blaze, Overgrow, and Torrent as their primary/only ability and thus became starters as a result. I figure, that starter Pokémon become starter Pokémon because they are easy to train, and is one of the most powerful Pokémon you can have.
    Well maybe that could be a 6th generation feature. I'm just being a bit Genwunner with the breeding aspects of the game.

    Starters should have better strengths as well. Serperior had great potential in its design, but its movepool was horrible. Thus, starter Pokemon are more there for helping the player figure out what type of battling he/she favors rather than be their strongest member of their team.

    It could be a new ability.
    I'm thinking something like "Hydroelectric"?

  11. #2911
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nobody from Nowhere
    Posts
    653

    Default

    This has been the first time where I like the starters evenly. It will be hard choosing whichever one, but I bet that when their final evos are released, it'll be a lot easier.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:



    If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

  12. #2912
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    I think I will go with Froakie since I have high hopes for its evolutions(/Fighting please!). If I am dissappointed, Fennekin all the way since there's not much they can screw up with it. Chespin...meh....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  13. #2913
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    up north in CANADA
    Posts
    13

    Default

    looking back at old comments made me really think that froakie is a water and electric because of what Luxvan said
    Speaking of Electric Physical moves, we need a good dose of those. Geniuses of Gen IV made a thundercat with awesome attack... no physical moves for electricity.
    Except Wild Charge. But the recoil is unnecessary.
    Maybe it'll get a boost this gen.
    which really made me think that because in the preview we could be looking at a new electric physical move(could be) (or could be thunder punch) that the starter is going to be or evolve into a water electric

  14. #2914
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Chespin- Ground, Dark, Steel/Rock
    Ground- Chespin actually looks like it primarily lives on the ground rather than trees, I can also see it digging underground, and depending on how it evolves, I can see it becoming part ground, perhaps even with drill run.

    Dark- I can see how bright bubbly chipper looking Pokémon would evolve into something more "dark." If it was dark I could possibly see some temporary signature move.

    Steel- It almost seems as if Chespin is wearing some kind of armor, while rock might be a possibility, I could see it being steel, would be interesting to see what this would look like. If not, why not rock.
    ---

    Froakie- Ice, Flying, Fighting, Psychic

    Ice- Kind of has that water/ice look about it, so I could definitely see it becoming part ice.

    Flying- If the white coloring on it, is foam, then I can kind of see how that foam can maybe become part of a cloud, the only problem is, we already have Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus, not sure if it's going to become part flying because of them (at least not in this gen), but also reminds me of Cyclos and Zephos of Zelda: Wind Waker. Only I'm not sure if being that weak to electric types is going to work, but we'll see, maybe 6th gen will introduce double abilities. And one could make it resistant to electric types.

    Firstly regarding Chespin,

    The green parts on him is what make him a grass type. If you eliminate the 'hoodie' and green off him, he'll just look like just any other typical rodent Pokemon. If he were to grow armor in his evolutions I'll doubt he could be part Rock though. As his armor will be made of leaves (I think) so its impossible to be part Rock though i could be wrong. I could see him being part Steel though. (Hedgehog in shiny leaf armor)

    Secondly Froakie,

    Those foams are not clouds, like seriously no. (At least from what i beileve) As discussed back in the past few pages, it depicts Froakie carrying some sort of a sack which resembles some what of a dorobou.

    Also for further implication, it could also depicts a real frog carrying it's young much to it being compared to a dorobou.
        Spoiler:- kerokero:


    And no he is not Benjamin Franklin, final.
    Last edited by german suplex; 12th January 2013 at 6:41 AM.

  15. #2915
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Firstly regarding Chespin,

    The green parts on him is what make him a grass type. If you eliminate the 'hoodie' and green off him, he'll just look like just any other typical rodent Pokemon. If he were to grow armor in his evolutions I'll doubt he could be part Rock though. As his armor will be made of leaves (I think) so its impossible to be part Rock though i could be wrong. I could see him being part Steel though. (Hedgehog in shiny leaf armor)

    Secondly Froakie,

    Those foams are not clouds, like seriously no. (At least from what i beileve) As discussed back in the past few pages, it depicts Froakie carrying some sort of a sack which resembles some what of a dorobou.

    Also for further implication, it could also depicts a real frog carrying it's young much to it being compared to a dorobou.
        Spoiler:- kerokero:


    And no he is not Benjamin Franklin, final.
    This is probably the best evidence I've heard for Froakie=Dorobou.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  16. #2916
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    1) It's not relevant at all and your caps lock banter didn't create the illusion that it is either. It's a fallacy that because it has yellow eyes, which also happen to be really big as to generation more "noise" in its dynamic color scheme, it must possess electric capabilities. The fact that Sugimori decided to use colors similar to another Pokemon still does not make your argument less fallacious. It's an analysis based on context not actual content.
    It is TOO relevant and and my caps lock banter is being used to emphasize simple points that to OBVIOUSLY aren't capable of understanding though "context" alone. The fact that yellow and blue are a COMMON color scheme to that of electric type Pokemon is NOT a fallacy. It's FACT. Chinchou, Lanturn, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Eelectrik, Eelectross, Minun, AND Manectric are OTHER examples of Electric type Pokemon who follow this COMMON Electric type color scheme. Enough "content" for you? I used Thundurus a my example only because he was the Pokemon who most closely resembled my speculative theory in both color scheme AND speculated design. I hope my more liberal use of caps made my points a bit clearer. If not, I'd be more than happy to use more.

    2) No, but you didn't compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Your entire point was that it shared similarities with a character from a Zelda game - a frog who sits upon a cloud. Let's try to remain in focus here. So yes, not sitting on a cloud does rupture that statement. There is a greater chance that this is symbolic of foam or bubbles than clouds. For one, frogs live in an environment composed of bubbles and foam. Frogs don't live in clouds. I just have a feeling that the "allusion" to foam on the frog, is that exactly; foam.
    ...Yes. Yes I did compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Froakie. The "focus" of this entire debate. I think my focus is just fine. Then again, by your supreme standards that could very well be another fallacious claim I've made. My comparison of Froakie to that Zelda game was a frog with a cloud. I then used Altaria as an example that a Pokemon doesn't need to be sitting on the cloud for it to be a cloud. OBVIOUSLY frogs don't live in clouds. Just like pigs don't breath fire and just like snakes don't create leaf tornados and just like FROGS DON'T SIT ON CLOUDS. It a FICTIONAL character. It doesn't have to be realistic. You can feel like it's foam all you like, but I think it's made to resemble a cloud. It LOOKS like a cloud. Even if it ISN'T an allusion to foam.

    3)You'll have to provide substantial examples of this miraculous occurrence where you somehow "debunk" people "debunking" your very stretched speculation (which is very unlikely) before I begin to accept this premise. This perspective I have is drawn from another user here and built upon that same perspective. The reflection we can witness here is the depiction that the "sack" which is conveniently connected from around the neck (where it has a "joined" point) to the back (like a sack on the back of a thief versus a...ridiculously placed powdered wig?) is a reference to a dorobou. The strangely colored nostrils (the same color as the "sack" with a slick flat blue line leading to the back and beginning from the snout also points to a similar reflection.
    If you'd like to go back and read all of my previous debates on the subject, be my guest. I'm not going to repost pages of back and forth banter for your amusement. Don't be lazy. You're perspective is a valid as mine. (although I personally think I have many more valid points when compared to your ONE)

    4) That picture doesn't provide any relation. Where is Froakie's powdered wig? THE CLOUD His spectacles? THE TWO WHITE CIRCLES WHERE HIS NOSE WOULD BE His regal outfit? The front "fluff" and white "gloves" can imply that his blue skin from the neck down IS his regal outfit! All points that ALREADY discussed before and am AGAIN repeating for your amusement. Really, this is all based on this "pensive" appearance and some white fluff around his neck-back area. It's not. It's based off of the points I've just made for the THIRD time this forum Shallow. Haha, alrighty then.

    Your speculation is simply harder to begin to accept. It's generally less likely, and also makes less sense.

    Honestly, it's "simply" not. I understand you believing your own point over mine. But my points are perfectly valid (as I've shown AGAIN) and in my opinion more likely then yours is.

    ...CAPS.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 12th January 2013 at 7:09 AM.

  17. #2917
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Training at the seattle gym
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Double abilities? Such a feature would weaken the spirit of breeding for abilities. It can also make a possibility to make breeding more challenging. For example, if a 6th gen Pokemon turned out to be some kind of fast physical sweeper that can have solar power or dry skin (the Bad Luck Brian of Pokémon) and NOW we have double abilities. You better hope Drought Ninetales or Sunny Day appears.

    I can't think of any ability that protects you against Electric attacks other than Motor Drive which is exclusively for Electric Pokémon for now, for now.
    Lighting rod and Volt Absorb have both given you greetings
    Steel is the type of science


  18. #2918
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Oh snap, I just noticed the similarities between Froakie and Ben Franklin. I'm hollering.

    It still doesn't beat the iconic Fennekin though. She may resemble Vulpix and Zorua to an extent, but she's still the better Starter Pokemon in my opinion. I could still work with Froakie though; I might even use one in the remakes/sequels of X & Y, but Fennekin is definitely my first choice of Starter Pokemon right now.

  19. #2919
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh snap, I just noticed the similarities between Froakie and Ben Franklin. I'm hollering.

    It still doesn't beat the iconic Fennekin though. She may resemble Vulpix and Zorua to an extent, but she's still the better Starter Pokemon in my opinion. I could still work with Froakie though; I might even use one in the remakes/sequels of X & Y, but Fennekin is definitely my first choice of Starter Pokemon right now.
    Fennekin is going to pull a Snivy. I'm calling it now.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  20. #2920
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    It's good to be back.
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Fennekin is going to pull a Snivy. I'm calling it now.
    What do you mean, "pull a Snivy"? Do you mean that it's going to be pure Fire, or something?
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

  21. #2921
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    What do you mean, "pull a Snivy"? Do you mean that it's going to be pure Fire, or something?
    It's going to be horrible.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  22. #2922
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Training at the seattle gym
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    It's going to be horrible.
    well it would be better than it becoming fire/fighting
    Steel is the type of science


  23. #2923

    Default

    I personally will choose Froakie and im hoping fighting or electric because those types arent very common. But it could be the coolest pokemon in the world but if the movepool sucks then no one will pick it including me. Then ill choose fennekin because i usually always picked fire from charizard to emboar and it fennekin seems to have potential.

    But what im really intrugued with is this double ability discussion. I would really love this new double ability feature if they had it and i would hope to get a fighting type with guts and sheer force with poison orb and facade. haha that would be nasty but i would really like a double ability feature in this next game!
    Black FC: 2494-4644-3608
    White 2 FC: 0605-4375-9771
    X and Y FC: 4940-5490-7194

    Check out my Trade Shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-One-Stop-Shop!


    Shinies:

  24. #2924
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    well it would be better than it becoming fire/fighting
    Not really. I'd rather another Fire/Fighting than another Snivy. http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg You're telling me you wouldn't like that?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  25. #2925
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Training at the seattle gym
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat72 View Post
    I personally will choose Froakie and im hoping fighting or electric because those types arent very common. But it could be the coolest pokemon in the world but if the movepool sucks then no one will pick it including me. Then ill choose fennekin because i usually always picked fire from charizard to emboar and it fennekin seems to have potential.

    But what im really intrugued with is this double ability discussion. I would really love this new double ability feature if they had it and i would hope to get a fighting type with guts and sheer force with poison orb and facade. haha that would be nasty but i would really like a double ability feature in this next game!
    I pray to the lord arceus it's not fire/fighting that would be terrible
    Steel is the type of science


Page 117 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672171117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •