View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 1175 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 17510751125116511711172117311741175117611771178 LastLast
Results 29,351 to 29,375 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiza View Post
    wait a sec, is it still using the wand? lol this surprising turn makes me have to choose between chespin and fennekin.. i bet he hides his staff below his dress ? ^^
    I'm sure the wand will change a lot of peoples minds!

I didn't care to much for the wand thing, but seein Delphox in motion has really changed my view of it. In the video it doesn't show where the wand exactly comes from, but it's an area in the dress, either way its way cool

what is the base power for Mystical Fire and Water Shuriken? also how much damage does Spikey Shield do to physical attackers?
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    what is the base power for Mystical Fire and Water Shuriken? also how much damage does Spikey Shield do to physical attackers?
    60 and 15*2-5, respectively. And I assume that spiky shield does 12.5% damage like Rough Skin.

Guys, we finally know a Dark-type move learned by Greninja!

Yeah, it's Thief... but surely it will get some other useful moves, like Faint Attack or Sucker Punch.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    60 and 15*2-5, respectively. And I assume that spiky shield does 12.5% damage like Rough Skin.
    oh they seem a bit.... of a let down lol guess I will stick with Fire Blast, and Waterfall/Hydro Pump unless they have some cool effects?

Spikey Shield seems good for a protect style move at least
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post

Yeah, it's Thief... but surely it will get some other useful moves, like Faint Attack or Sucker Punch.
    Forget thief,
    Mat block looks like it's gonna be amazing in doubs.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post

Hm. Mat block sounds....interesting.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Greninja seems pretty varied, Mat Block sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    oh they seem a bit.... of a let down lol guess I will stick with Fire Blast, and Waterfall/Hydro Pump unless they have some cool effects?

Spikey Shield seems good for a protect style move at least
    Greninja's move has priority btw.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 10th October 2013 at 12:45 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Is there already a Dex entry for Greninja?

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    Image of a male Delphox, apparently not much of a gender difference:

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0ae81103_8.jpg
    You know, I never understood why people complained so much about the feminine look for Fennekin's line. It's like the players think their masculinity will be compromised and ruined if they use a Pokemon that doesn't look like it's been injected with multitudes of testosterone.
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

The starters look a lot better now that i've gone away and removed all the bull complaining etc on the forums.

As stand alone pokemon they look very good and are actually all pretty decent. I'd rate the collective trio as 3rd best out of all of them as a whole

Delphox looks great with the wand.

Greninja looks awesome

Just waiting on Chesnaught's video / gameplay now

First run Pokemon Y Team - Charizard, Yveltal, Delphox, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo - Reserves - Talonflame, Lapras, Blaziken, Malamar, Abomasnow

Second Run Pokemon Y Team- Greninja, Aurorus, Roserade, Mawile, Charizard, Meowstic - Reserves - Mewtwo, Yveltal

Third Run Pokemon Y Team (so far) - Quilladin, Magmar, Dragalge, Staraptor, Vaporeon, Heracross - Reserves - Haunter, Heatmor, Hawlucha

Where is the delphox video with the wand?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It's only half-decent because it's Fire/Psychic imo, which makes it a bit more unique compared to other fully-evolved Fire-type Starters. Its design on the other hand, kind of overshadows that. I don't usually put too much emphasis on types anyway, so Delphox being Fire/Psychic instead of some other type combination isn't exactly the best thing ever imo.
    It complements a fast special attacker guy well, you think of something better that makes sense.

This isn't directed towards the person I quoted:
    And why does everyone freak out over that wand, it's like everyone who does has a fetish for it. I have nothing against it personally, before I get accused of disliking the wand.
    Can the wand fetishers at least call the "dress" by what it actually is? (Hint:wizard cloak/robe)

And Delphox isn't feminine or masculine in the slightest, it's very unisex
    Everyone needs a little less signature in their lives

Is anybody interested in Delphox being your Fairy Godparent event though it's not a Fairy?
    Under Construction

I'm beginning to return to my original liking for Delphox, but I want to know:

What is this "Mat Block" attack and what does it do? I've been out for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Is anybody interested in Delphox being your Fairy Godparent event though it's not a Fairy?
    Uh, only if I want my house burned down. Casts the wrong spell and I'll be missing my eyebrows.

Can someone write down Mat Block's definition here (and maybe explain what it does) ? I have difficulties to read it that small...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Can someone write down Mat Block's definition here (and maybe explain what it does) ? I have difficulties to read it that small...
    It basically protects your teammates from damage but not from status moves.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    It basically protects your teammates from damage but not from status moves.
    Mh. We are getting many protecting-like moves this time. Spiky Sheild, Crafty Shield, Mat Block...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I just want to know whether Greninja is a Special attacker or Physical attacker. The photo above has it's Physical attack higher, but other photos iv'e seen have it's Special attack higher.

Quote Originally Posted by bentleyaaronj View Post
    I just want to know whether Greninja is a Special attacker or Physical attacker. The photo above has it's Physical attack higher, but other photos iv'e seen have it's Special attack higher.
    According to Smogon, Greninja is a little bit higher in Special Attack. If Greninja was an physical attacker on the previous picture was because its nature was Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack). But both of these stats are pretty similar.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Is there already a Dex entry for Greninja?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Greninja doesn't need a Pokedex entry, he just slaps you in the face with his tongue and laughs.
    Once again.

But yeah, mat block seems really good. That+magic guard will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    According to Smogon, Greninja is a little bit higher in Special Attack. If Greninja was an physical attacker on the previous picture was because its nature was Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack). But both of these stats are pretty similar.
    So then, it must have Dark Pulse. My Greninja will have a move-set of Surf/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Extrasensory.

Quote Originally Posted by bentleyaaronj View Post
    So then, it must have Dark Pulse. My Greninja will have a move-set of Surf/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Extrasensory.
    Maybe fit Nasty Plot on there if it gets it? Water/Darks and Ferrothorn wall you either way.

I wonder what moves I can teach Delphox. I know I want Flamethrower and Psychic, but I wonder if I can teach it any anti-water moves like maybe Thunderbolt or maybe some Solarbeam?

Page 1175 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 17510751125116511711172117311741175117611771178 LastLast