View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 118 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 18681081141151161171181191201211221281682181118 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I bet Chespin's evos are Grass/Fighting,Fennekin's evos are Fire/Dark[mischievous fox--Zorua anyone?] and Froakie's evos are Water/Psychic[just look at the way it holds its hand]---although,they could evolve into totally surprising things[just look at Samurott]

And I like the idea of Psychic type attacks being not very effective on Dark types instead of not having any effect.

-------------------------I need coffee
    Yeah dat fire ones looks similar to zorua... so be it a fire/dark, i m gonna choose it..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    I pray to the lord arceus it's not fire/fighting that would be terrible
    HAHA that would be so annoying
    Black FC: 2494-4644-3608
    White 2 FC: 0605-4375-9771
    X and Y FC: 4940-5490-7194

Check out my Trade Shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-One-Stop-Shop!

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat72 View Post
    a 4th fire/fighting starter!
    Steel is the type of science

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat72 View Post
    I think barely anyone would use Fennekin if it was Fire/Fighting, unless the other starters are just that bad...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Not really. I'd rather another Fire/Fighting than another Snivy. http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg You're telling me you wouldn't like that?
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.

Why do people think Froakie will be Water/Electric? Sorry, but I just don't see it. If you guys/gals could explain that'd help. From what I've seen, there's nothing suggesting it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Why do people think Froakie will be Water/Electric? Sorry, but I just don't see it. If you guys/gals could explain that'd help. From what I've seen, there's nothing suggesting it.
    I believe they think so because of his foam/cape thing might contain electricity or something

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    There's been a ton of speculation that suggests Froakie being Water/Electric, even on the previous page. You obviously didn't look hard.

I think the main theory is the similarities between Froakie's and Benjamin Franklin's looks, and how Benjamin discovered electricity.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

adding onto what Moonrox said about Benjamin, it looks like in the preview that froakie did use an electric move which would definetly support the theory
    p.s. It's what i thought it was at first

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeFroakie View Post
    adding onto what Moonrox said about Benjamin, it looks like in the preview that froakie did use an electric move which would definetly support the theory
    p.s. It's what i thought it was at first
    Also discussed last page, or 2-3 pages ago, those weren't sparks, those were marks indicating contact, similar to a comic book, which supports Froakie being part Fighting.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

It's going to be horrible.
    Snivy (and it's evolutions) isn't horrible, it was just way too over hyped by idiots who kept referring to it as Smugleaf.

Also discussed last page, or 2-3 pages ago, those weren't sparks, those were marks indicating contact, similar to a comic book, which supports Froakie being part Fighting.
    I don't think they were sparks, but I don't think they were sparks, but I don't think it was a Fighting move, either. I think it was just a normal move like Quick Attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Snivy (and it's evolutions) isn't horrible, it was just way too over hyped by idiots who kept referring to it as Smugleaf.
    Not really. It was and still is the most popular Unova starter, and it was arguably the worst, too.

I don't think they were sparks, but I don't think they were sparks, but I don't think it was a Fighting move, either. I think it was just a normal move like Quick Attack.
    I never said it was a Fighting move. I'm getting sick of you putting words into my mouth.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    yeah I know i'm glad that people are using the English names for the gen 6 starters

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    yeah I know i'm glad that people are using the English names for the gen 6 starters
    ...What? I'm tired of you, too. I haven't seen one intelligent post come out of you. Smugleaf is a fan-made nickname, not the Japanese name.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Not really. It was and still is the most popular Unova starter, and it was arguably the worst, too.
    I agree, design wise it was awesome. It's stats were just horrible, in Black/White it just slowed my team down. Although I will give it a second chance in White 2, although Roxy and Burgh are going to make my life miserable.

I'm going to be honest I really didn't like Chespin but it started to grow on me. In my opinion the Grass type starters and Fire type starters have always had the best designs (except for the Chickorita line and Blaziken, I like Torchic and Combusken though) and Idk what to think of the frog. I hated Oshawott but it grew on me because of the anime, hopefully it (Froakie) has a good final evolutionary stage, unlike Samurott. Seriously, Dewott looked like it was going to evolve into something amazing.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 12th January 2013 at 8:13 AM.

I never said it was a Fighting move. I'm getting sick of you putting words into my mouth.
    I never meant to put words in your mouth. I wrongly assumed that the connection you made between the physical move made by Froakie and Froakie being a fighting type implied that you thought said move was of the fighting type because I didn't think that anyone would base a Pokemon being part fighting on the use of any random physical move.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 12th January 2013 at 8:14 AM.

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Stat-wise, movepool, yes. but hidden Ability wise it has the other two beat.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Stat-wise, movepool, yes. but hidden Ability wise it has the other two beat.
    There are many things that I can present to illustrate that snivy is actually superior to the other two (in battling ability of course since we all know it already won in the looks department :P) but I won't do that here...anyways, Imthink most of that stuff is fake...a sphinx fennekin would be cool though...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    I still hope it turn into a Jackal that stand on it to feet and be Fire and Psychic. If not then I want it to be a Fire and Rock
    So a fire-breathing lucario?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    I still hope it turn into a Jackal that stand on it to feet and be Fire and Psychic. If not then I want it to be a Fire and Rock
    fire/rock...Yes, I love a typing thats 4X weak to ITSELF!
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    fire/rock...Yes, I love a typing thats 4X weak to ITSELF!
    Rock isn't weak to rock, nor is Fire weak to fire.... It can't be 4x weak to itself unless its Ghost/Psychic.... Ghost would do 4x the damage. Rock would resist rock, giving Fire a 1.5x type weakness, not 4x.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Rock isn't weak to rock, nor is Fire weak to fire.... It can't be 4x weak to itself unless its Ghost/Psychic.... Ghost would do 4x the damage. Rock would resist rock, giving Fire a 1.5x type weakness, not 4x.
    Are you sure? Maybe what I read was outdated but I could of sworn rock was weak to rock, I was JUST checking my weaknesses/resistances for different types, too, either that or I just messed up reading the chart, its late after all.
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    Are you sure? Maybe what I read was outdated but I could of sworn rock was weak to rock, I was JUST checking my weaknesses/resistances for different types, too, either that or I just messed up reading the chart, its late after all.
    as of Gen IV, Rock is neutral to rock.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Very sure Rock has always been neutral to Rock, at least ever since 2nd Gen.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

What i think about what will be their types:

Froakie-Water/Fighting
    Fennekin-Fire/Psychic
    Chespin-Grass/Ground

or maybe they'll just stick to just one type per starter which IMO is better than having dual types.

Page 118 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 18681081141151161171181191201211221281682181118 ... LastLast