View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 119 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 19691091151161171181191201211221231291692191119 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I thibk that the types will be

Froakie-water/ice
    Fennekin-fire/psychic
    Chespin-grass/fighting

(Of course i could be wrong)
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I'm leaning towards Fennekin but if it turns out to be another Fire/Fighting type I'm going to go for Froakie

Froakie for life.....BE WATER/FIGHT
    Chespin looks dumb
    Fennikin people need too clam down I don't like Fennikin
    Its all about dat frog

Quote Originally Posted by D Dog Master Of War View Post
    Froakie for life.....BE WATER/FIGHT
    Chespin looks dumb
    Fennikin people need too clam down I don't like Fennikin
    Its all about dat frog
    Seriously, people have their own opinions.

Nobody like Chespin| (ok, maybe a few do)
    Froakie is Awesome.
    Fennekin is just a little better. Unless it's Fighting type. I'll slaughter it.

I really hate Fennekin
    For some odd feeling

Froakie I feel like it might be a great poké

Chespin might be the best really(like Swampert in R/S/E,And in the meta-game)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Seriously, people have their own opinions.

Nobody like Chespin| (ok, maybe a few do)
    Froakie is Awesome.
    Fennekin is just a little better. Unless it's Fighting type. I'll slaughter it.
    I'll wait a little longer before I say anything bad about Chespin, it looks like it has potential to evolve into something the likes we have never seen before. Fennekin looks awesome and will stay that way, It's already my 2nd favorite fire type starter. There is no hope for the frog, its worse than Oshawott, and I can't see why people like it so much.

I like Chespin the most, but i still really hate all of them.
    They look like moshi monsters or happy tree friends of something :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    I like Chespin the most, but i still really hate all of them.
    They look like moshi monsters or happy tree friends of something :/
    Pokemon came first so they look like Pokemon, not the other way around.

And no they don't, they look like Pokemon.

N*gga be rollen and hatein
    the X and Y

But Y its going to be amazing not bad

I think its safe to assume at this point that all 3 starters final form typing will be Fire/Fight.

I dunno, I'm kind of disappointed with the starters personally. Their designs are great, don't get me wrong, and I can't say I dislike any of them but most of the starters have been very original and new, something different. These ones? Fire fox...vulpix. I know I'm likely going to get bricked for this but how many foxes does poke'mon need really? I know it's a popular animal but it's kind of a given which the popular one will be. Froakie makes me a little sad because we have so. Many. Frog. Poke'mon. Chespin is the most original in my opinion and I think while they all have a lot of potential it's still a bit of a bummer. I won't pick until the final stages come out. With the last gen I ended up swapping my picks because Samurott was just awesome and Tepig turned into...Gannon. XD

So I guess there wont be a regional frog/toad this time around because the regional frog is the starter.

It will never surpass the awesomeness of Toxicroak, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
    I dunno, I'm kind of disappointed with the starters personally. Their designs are great, don't get me wrong, and I can't say I dislike any of them but most of the starters have been very original and new, something different. These ones? Fire fox...vulpix. I know I'm likely going to get bricked for this but how many foxes does poke'mon need really? I know it's a popular animal but it's kind of a given which the popular one will be. Froakie makes me a little sad because we have so. Many. Frog. Poke'mon. Chespin is the most original in my opinion and I think while they all have a lot of potential it's still a bit of a bummer. I won't pick until the final stages come out. With the last gen I ended up swapping my picks because Samurott was just awesome and Tepig turned into...Gannon. XD
    I won't brick you cause you're allowed to have opinions and that's ok! But aren't Vulpix and Ninetales the only fox pokemon prior to Fennekin? Frog wise there have been a few, so I like to think that this means that Froakie will have something that sets it a part from the previous frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    I won't brick you cause you're allowed to have opinions and that's ok! But aren't Vulpix and Ninetales the only fox pokemon prior to Fennekin? Frog wise there have been a few, so I like to think that this means that Froakie will have something that sets it a part from the previous frogs.
    Well, Zorua and Zoroark too... But yeah.

There haven't techi9nccally been any frog Pokémon, only tadpole/toads.

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybiscuit View Post
    Zoura and Zoroark were foxes too. :3 And they were released in the last gen as well. Though I'll take a fox surplus over... ice cream poke'mon.

...though I'll be honest, I really hope to see a gryphon poke'mon this time around. We've had a ton of frogs, dogs, cats, and foxes. We even have a microwave poke'mon (kind of). XD

Toxicroak is based on the poison dart frog, and Politoed is based on a tree frog.

Seismitoad is based on a toad and while Pokedex entries suggest that Poliwrath is still a tadpole, it looks like a Bullfrog to me(kind of).

Even if Toxicroak and Politoed are based of frogs, I still expect great things from Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
    Zoura and Zoroark were foxes too. :3 And they were released in the last gen as well. Though I'll take a fox surplus over... ice cream poke'mon.

...though I'll be honest, I really hope to see a gryphon poke'mon this time around. We've had a ton of frogs, dogs, cats, and foxes. We even have a microwave poke'mon (kind of). XD
    A gryphon would be cool. If they still don't have one by the time a British region comes around, then that'll be their ticket.

I know people are com pairing fennekin to vulpix/ninetails but I think its because its a fire type, if it were water people wouldn't care, but honestly fire really suits the fox
    Im personally glad there's another fox Pokemon even tho I'm not picking it.
    It will be better than the others for sure

As for froakie, I believe it will go above and beyond all other frog/toad Pokemon.
    I've high hopes for it.

Chespin I actually like as well, he has this cheeky look to him, and can see a lot of people switching to it when they see his evolved forms.

we haven't had any slim frog looking Pokemon, despite what they are based on,they were all bulky side.
    I can see froakie staying thin, swift and agile
    Resembling a tree frog.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 12th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Yep, I think I've gotten my complete opinion on the starters cemented.

Chespin:Best, unique design and concept, not a reptilian Grass-type, a bit of a rodent-ish look but regardless it stands on its own and has a neat look.

Froakie:Kinda ugly and stupid looking at first, but looking back somewhat cute now. Stands out from the other Water-type as being the first non-traditionally super cute one and that regard. It doesn't look closely similar to other Frog Pokemon thankfully.

Fennekin:Tired of foxes, especially when Zoroark and Zorua are mascots of Gen V and not to mention play N's signature Pokemon in the game. Also we've had quite the large advertisement of the Eevee family, we also have Vulpix and Ninetales. There is no need for another traditionally cute fox Pokemon so, meh, on Fennekin. Let alone a firefox or possible Kitsune or Psychic fox since Ninetales played that role to a tee itself. Of course I wouldn't mind the typing, it's just nothing super interesting.

I think it's dumb to compare one previous Pokemon to a newer one. There are many different types of Frogs, Foxes, etc in real life, so why can't there be in Pokemon to.

I love these three starters. I don't know why, but from the moment I saw particularly Fennekin and Froakie, I was hooked. Chespin caught me off-guard, because I'm so used to the reptile grass starter pattern, but after looking at it a second time, I love it to. I'm hoping the writers surprise us this time around with different type combinations, no Grass/Poison, Grass/Ground, Fire/Flying, FIRE/FIGHTING, Water/Ground, Water/Steel repeats this generation.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I think it's dumb to compare one previous Pokemon to a newer one. There are many different types of Frogs, Foxes, etc in real life, so why can't there be in Pokemon to.

I love these three starters. I don't know why, but from the moment I saw particularly Fennekin and Froakie, I was hooked. Chespin caught me off-guard, because I'm so used to the reptile grass starter pattern, but after looking at it a second time, I love it to. I'm hoping the writers surprise us this time around with different type combinations, no Grass/Poison, Grass/Ground, Fire/Flying, FIRE/FIGHTING, Water/Ground, Water/Steel repeats this generation.
    As many said, if there's anymore fire/fighters, I will kill GameFreak. But seriously, lets hope that they do have unique types :P

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    As many said, if there's anymore fire/fighters, I will kill GameFreak. But seriously, lets hope that they do have unique types :P
    I didn't mind the previous three Fire/Fighting starters, but a fourth would be overkill, and there's only so many ways to give that typing a different style. It's just time for something different, in regards to the Starters' second types.

Ideally, at some point, probably not likely this generation, but in the future, I'd like a Grass/Flying starter, Fire/Ground starter, and Water/Flying starter. Yes I know particularly that last one is horrible typing, but I just would like to have those to go with the Flying/Ground starters from the past, completing trilogies of land and sky.
    Last edited by KKS-Lapras; 12th January 2013 at 11:26 AM.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I can't really imagine a fox turn into fire/fighting pokemon, but then again Tepig, also quadrupedal as Fennekin, managed to.
    *Mega Fairies*

For fennekin evolving into a fighting type
    I think of it using its ears/furr as a weapon like mienshao using its arms
    And standing on its back legs like zoroark
    And also Staying feminine

Just an idea

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I think I'd like Fennekin's final form or whole line to stand on four legs. All the other fire starters besides Tepig and Cyndaquil's line are bipedal. I mean it's not like they're all bipedal, I just think it'd be nice to have a four legged fire starter here.

Page 119 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 19691091151161171181191201211221231291692191119 ... LastLast