View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 12 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I liked all the starters this time around, and here are my opinions on each of them:
    Chespin
    Finally a grass starter that isn't a reptile. I like the color sheme and a Chipmunk/Chestnut hybrid sounds good. it has potential to become my all time favorite Grass starter. I guess he will have more spikes in his future evolutions and quite slender.
    I guess Grass/Dark( for collecting nuts/Stealing) or Grass/Steel (Armour, think Ferroseed-like)

Fennekin
    One more starter with a brilliant color sheme. I like the slender design and this is my favorite Fire starter since Cyndaquil. I guess it will evolve to become quite sleek and elegant, and the fur in its ears might even become real flames. I think Fire/Ground( since fennec foxes live in dry areas, bad typing but I see it fit)Fire7Psychic (it uses a psychic move) or just pure Fire. (Anything but Fire/Fighting is fine really)

Froakie
    This is the one I like the least, and I usually like the Water starter the most. i think we have enough toads and frogs already (Poliwag, Croagunk, Bulbasaur, Tympole). I also don't favor the coloring as it looks plain. I hope the evolution change the main color to a darker shade of blue. Anyway I am not going to say that it looks bad, but it is my least favorite. I guess it will evolve into Water/Psychic(just because) or Water/Ice (it fits the current color)

Anyway I am really happy and this is the best looking starters since 2nd gen in my opinion
    Last edited by Endless; 8th January 2013 at 6:17 PM.

I just LOVE Froakin. I would like a Water/Fighting, but then again it's an awful typing.

It would be awesome if Fennekin is a Ghost/Fire, Chespin a Grass/Steel and Froakin a Water/Pyschic. But I'm just dreaming, I don't think those would be the final typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillio_686 View Post
    I think Fennekin used a Psychic move in the trailer. I'd say Chespin will be a fighting type though.
    Probably again an Earth/Grass Type, since it's a mole.

i am sooo chosing chespin.

the frog seems kinnda redundant, and the fox seems a little to femenine for me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I love grass starters I mostly go for grass types. But to be honest Chespin is sort of disappointed me but hes okay his evolution might be good. Fennekin looks cool I think it looks better than tepig. While Froakie is a winner for me im probably going to choose him although i will take into account secondary types and evolved evolution's. I thinks its an improvement on Generation 5 and is probably on par with generation 2 or slightly behind.

Here is my in-depth analysis on the starters and their possible secondary typing:

First, Chespin, with a chestnut helmet on and readiness to fight, he is grass/fighting.

Next, Fennekin, come on.... we saw it use a psychic attack... It's fire/psychic.

Finally, the hardest one, Froakie, the water frog, dates back to European Catholicism where the frog or toad was the sign of the devil. Also with it's somewhat princely nature, Froakie, we can guess to be a frog prince of Satan... aka he'll be water/dark.

Your welcome.
    Y TEAM

GRENINJA
    TALONFLAME
    FLORGES
    MEGA VENUSAUR
    PANGORO
    DRAGALGE

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post

It's a hedgehog.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    I just LOVE Froakin.I would like a Water/Fighting, but then again it's an awful typing.

It would be awesome if Fennekin is a Ghost/Fire, Chespin a Grass/Steel and Froakin a Water/Pyschic. But I'm just dreaming, I don't think those would be the final typing.

Seriously?

Oh, and Chespin is a Chipmunk/hedgehog.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

I see more Froakin as a Water/Ice type, and I think and looks that Chespin will a pokemon that will feel the love, just like oshawott in the anime personally.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

1. Fennekin
    2. Froakie
    3. Chespin

Not really liking the names this gen. What I do hope for is that Chespin will have Grass/Steel typing as it gets rid of so many weaknesses and resists a lot. Froakie seems a bit unpredictable and could sot into having a secondary Poison/Ground/Fighting type. Fennekin is the same but I hope Fire/Dark if it gets a secondary type. Just remember Dark types can learn Psychic type moves! (Absol for example)

5 generations and I've never had my first playthrough be with a water starter, (four grass, one fire - Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy,) enter Froakie.

From the look of the second attack I'm leaning towards Water/Electric, it looked like sparks and the sound was a definitive crackle but who honestly knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

In my opinion 1st Stage 6th Gen Starters > 1st Stage 5th Gen Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Most definitely. x2
    About Me:

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

Smeargle OP must ban

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSweeper View Post
    Seriously?

Oh, and Chespin is a Chipmunk/hedgehog.

Really? Hmm. I think it could turn out to be a porcupine. I guess we'll just have to see.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    5 generations and I've never had my first playthrough be with a water starter, (four grass, one fire - Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy,) enter Froakie.

From the look of the second attack I'm leaning towards Water/Electric, it looked like sparks and the sound was a definitive crackle but who honestly knows...
    Really? I'm surprised you haven't used any water type starters for a first play-through. For me it was Char, Cyn, Tor, Pip, and Sniv. Now with this one, I'm leaning towards the Chespin or Fennekin to play through.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSweeper View Post
    Most definitely. x2
    Though i am not sure if the starters will be overall better..we just have to wait and see

im not impressed with their designs but give me a week or so they probably grow on me and hopefully they will evolve into something decent looking.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

im just praying chestpins evos are awsome i like fennekin but since growlithes my fav ill obvi have arcanine as my fire type and ive played through 3 generations with 2 fire types on my team red version charizard and arcanine same with fire red and 5 th generation emboar and arcanine it went well luckily but id like a balanced team for something new obvi my planned team so far is arcanine and if chespins final evo rocks him 2 thats the plan so far.

do we know their types? or did i just miss something.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I don't think any group of starter is greater then another, but I do favor these ones over any other, I've never been a fan of all three before, I'm not a fan of these three yet either but right now I'm thinking it's liking, just want to know what their evolutions and all that are like first.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I don't think it's been outright stated, but we can assume by the colours who is Grass, Fire, and Water, we don't know if they have a secondary type or not.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    All we know is their primary types G/F/W

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Woah! I am in love with the starters designs!! The fire one looks really cute, the grass one looks badass and the water one looks just awesome xD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Really? Hmm. I think it could turn out to be a porcupine. I guess we'll just have to see.

A porcupine huh? I sure hope so.

Man, I'm liking Chespin more and more every second
    About Me:

--------------

Smeargle OP must ban

Really? 5th gen starters definitely beats 6th for me. Not saying I don't like these, but something about Chespin and Froakie reminds me of 4th gen, and I still don't like any of those starters much.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I think it would be cool if either Froakie, or Fennekin would be a secondary Electric Type.

For Froakie maybe the white cotton things are clouds, and for the final evo turn black and have lightning coming out of them, and as for Fennkin, maybe it's coat becomes all sparky and stuff. I dunno XD

Thank you based Turpoo

I am very happy with the starter designs, especially the grass starter as it isn't reptillian/ amphibian based. As to what they evolve to, I really can't say. Game Freak has really changed on how pokemon evolve, they start out looking like one thing then end up quite different.

I only think that the fire starter will not end up fire/ fighting HOPEFULLY. I love fighting types but seriously we have 3 fire/ fighting starters for Petes sake. My guesses are:

Fire starter becomes fire/psychic or pure fire.

Water starter becomes water/ flying (the white stuff around its neck makes me think of clouds) pure water (white stuff could be sea foam) or a water/ fighting- just because I want a alternative to poliwrath and the my little colonial pony legendary.

Grass starter is interesting, it's based on a mammal. The "grass" on it's head looks like a helmet. So it could possibly become a grass/ fighting. It also has a body like a shrew or vole, with brown on it's back, so maybe grass/ ground or grass/ rock. It could be pure grass too.

Very difficult to say what they will become. I look forward to knowing though!

Page 12 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621121012 ... LastLast