View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 121 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 21711111171181191201211221231241251311712211121 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Fennekin looks a lot like Zorua, so I'm expecting it to become a Fire/Dark-type.
    Froakie looks a bit Psychic-like (look at at the way it's holding its hand), so I'm guessing it to become a Water/Psychic-type.
    Chespin looks like it will evolve into a Fighting-type, really.
    That means: everyone is good on everyone when fully-evolved just like in Generation IV.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    Wow.

Infernape is based off of Kung Fu.. That's OBVIOUS.
    Emboar is based off of American Wrestling. Kind of like Hulk Hogan with it's fire boa.
    Blaziken is based off of no real fighting style. It's kind of lame anyway. (My opinion)

Now, to talk about how Bulbasaur's line is in fact NOT a toad.
    It's simply using the word SAUR as in Lizard. Plant Lizard is generally what it's saying. So, in fact, it's reptilian, not amphibian.

Also, Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam are not foxes. They are based off of Anubis. The Jackal headed god of death in Egyptian mythology. And, they mixed it with a magician.

Also, now to talk about the NEW starter Fennekin. It's a fox, yes. But, it's the first Fennec Fox. Which is very unlike Ninetales. And, if anybody really notices most apes or monkey like creatures in pokemon fit in Fire or Fighting types. So, if most foxes are fire type it's not like they're redoing Ninetales or anything.

Also, Froakie would essentially be the first real TREE frog. While Politoed was kind of a tree frog, it was simply the last stage. Froakie looks like it's whole evolution line is going to be a frog, so that's very different.
    Well not all fighting pokemon is based on real life martial arts. Blaziken is fighting type because it is based on shamos (japanese chicken breed made for cockfighting.)

And you can't use English names to decide what a pokemon is based on. Bulbasaur has no connections to lizards in its Japanese name. And if you look at the line, you can easely tell that they look more like toads than, say lizards. (Venusaur even has warts).

If it stays just a fennec fox it is ok, eevee is the only other fennec we have you can do a lot with the animal. However if it evolves into a kitsune it will be very much the same as Ninetales.

It is not very different, as both are tree frogs, the way they evolve really doesn't matter that much. We already have a line that is all frog (croagunk), albeit not tree frogs. However if they incorporate some other element than just merely making the line tree frogs it would be entirely different from Politoad.
    Last edited by Endless; 12th January 2013 at 3:41 PM.

Let's say you take your Fennekin to get her hidden ability.
    You have the choice to change it from Blaze to Cute Charm.

(I only say Cute Charm, because apparently it's working on all of you people who voted for her.)

Well, she is rather cute.

But, anyway, an ability tutor could really only work for Starters. If it worked for all the Pokemon, I would be further impressed with Gamefreak. I also believe that the Dream World may not come back to the 6th Gen. It was too annoying in my opinion. I think that a NEW way of getting hidden abilities or maybe rarer Pokemon should be presented. Maybe a Street Pass or Spot Pass method. Each trainer has a Street Pass Box. Let's say I have my Froakie, Poliwag and Patrat in my Street Pass Box.. and you pass me by, when you boot your game maybe a wild battle will begin and you will immediately have the chance to catch Poliwag or a Patrat with their hidden abilities. I think that sounds like an interesting idea, especially that it requires connectivity and also actually getting out of your house. Haha

Fennekin - Cute Charm, or Magic Guard.. Maybe even Magic Bounce.
    Chespin - Technician, Guts, or Skill Link.
    Froakie - I see him having weird ones. Contrary, Prankster or Pressure.
    not to mention so many pokemon that would suck Ingame without the ability would become great, If only this happened in gen V snivy would have been OP, btw think this belongs in the gameplay thread
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg
    This is actually pretty epic O.O
    But still don't want it to become a fire/fighting
    I want my FIRE/PSYCHIC BLAAAHHHHHHH

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg
    This is actually pretty epic O.O
    But still don't want it to become a fire/fighting
    I want my FIRE/PSYCHIC BLAAAHHHHHHH
    Yeah, that's been posted a lot.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

No, it doesn't belong in the gameplay thread. It's speculation on the starters as well as speculation on the gameplay, so it could go either way. :P

I really don't care what types the starters become, just as long as Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting. I welcome almost any type mixture. Although, I really do hope for Grass/Fighting for Chespin, because then it'd be the first Grass/Fighting.

(Breloom doesn't count because it's design is ugly) :P
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Fennekin - she is easy, Magic Guard
    Chespin - Harvest
    Froakie - Dry Skin or Swift Swim

No, it doesn't belong in the gameplay thread. It's speculation on the starters as well as speculation on the gameplay, so it could go either way. :P

I really don't care what types the starters become, just as long as Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting. I welcome almost any type mixture. Although, I really do hope for Grass/Fighting for Chespin, because then it'd be the first Grass/Fighting.

Yes, it does belong in the gameplay thread. The gameplay part does, and the starter part can remain here.

A Pokemon doesn't count because it's ugly? I really don't like you.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Infernape is based off of Kung Fu.. That's OBVIOUS.
    Only “Kung Fu” based pokemon is mienfoo and mienshao.
    Emboar is based off of American Wrestling. Kind of like Hulk Hogan with it's fire boa.
    Emboar is base-off sumo wrestling.

okay I was just worried about a mod coming in and I would welcome any dual type for chespin and froakie because we have too many mono grass and water starters

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10 View Post
    Fennekin - she is easy, Magic Guard
    Chespin - Harvest
    Froakie - Dry Skin or Swift Swim
    That would be pretty awesome They would all abuse these abilities well!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Infernape is based off the Monkey King.. -_-

And, I was joking about Breloom. He's a cool dude. And, while he is ugly, I do like him. I just think that we should have another, more usable Grass/Fighting.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

I was checking all starters best stats:

Grass
    1) Venusaur --> Sp. Att./Sp. Def.
    2) Meganium --> Def./Sp. Def
    3) Sceptile --> Sp. Att./Speed
    4) Torterra --> Att./Def.
    5) Serperior --> Def./Sp. Def./ Speed
    Total: Att. x1; Def. x3; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x3; Speed x2 (None for HP actually)
    6) Chespin --> It would quite sure be an attack, I would say Att./ Sp. Att, cause it's never happened for a grass starter, or maybe HP/Attack.

Fire
    1) Charizard --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    2) Typhlosion --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    3) Blaziken --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    4) Infernape --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    5) Emboar --> (HP)/ Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x0; Sp. Att. x5; Sp. Def. x0; Speed x2; HP x1
    6) Fennekin --> Now, I mean, a Def./Sp. Def. fire starter could come after 16 years.. But if they continue with tradition (I mean, just to find a sort of sad originality) then I would say Att./Speed (or Sp. Att./Sp. Def if it becomes Psychic type).

Water
    1) Blastoise --> Def./Sp. Def.
    2) Feraligatr --> Att./ Def.
    3) Swampert --> Hp/ Att. (I could count all except speed here, Def. and Sp. Def if we don't count Hp .. Really good stats)
    4) Empoleon --> Sp. Att./ Sp. Def.
    5) Samurott --> Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x2; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x2; Speed x0; HP x1
    6) Froakie: --> Definitively we need a fast water starter.. I would say Speed/ Sp. Attack (counting swampert Def./Sp. Def. were high too) or Speed/Def/Sp. Def.

Obviously it's just speculation.. Looking at all the fire/fighting Att./ Sp. Att starters we can clearly deduce they always do what they want..
    Last edited by john90; 12th January 2013 at 4:02 PM.

Virizion is Grass and Fighting, isn't it?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Virizion is Grass and Fighting, isn't it?
    Yea, Virizion is.

Infernape is based off the Monkey King.. -_-

And, I was joking about Breloom. He's a cool dude. And, while he is ugly, I do like him. I just think that we should have another, more usable Grass/Fighting.
    I know you were joking. I still don't like you. And, you say Breloom isn't very usable? Do you know what competitive is?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Oh, you're right. I forgot about Virizion. I actually forget about Legendaries. That was my fault. But, my point is still that I hope for a Grass/Fighting starter. It is quite possibly my dream combination.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

breloom is one

Oh, you're right. I forgot about Virizion. I actually forget about Legendaries. That was my fault. But, my point is still that I hope for a Grass/Fighting starter. It is quite possibly my dream combination.
    I thought so. ^^ But, well, personally, I think Chespin will be Grass/Dark, and Froakie to be Water/Fighting. And Fennekin Fire/Psychic. It would make sense, and would be very neat~

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Breloom is awesome! I do think Chespin's evolution will be grass/fighting.

We should all make a Bet on which Type he will be. If I win, you all give me 100.000. If I'm wrong, I only get 50.000. Fair, me thinks.

Anywho, if they all Do have a second Type, I wonder if they will all have it as Young. That would be a first.

I thought so. ^^ But, well, personally, I think Chespin will be Grass/Dark, and Froakie to be Water/Fighting. And Fennekin Fire/Psychic. It would make sense, and would be very neat~
    Chespin Grass/Fighting, Froakie Water/Psychic and Fennekin Fire/Dark makes a lot more sence in my opinion...
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Well, I do admit when I am wrong. There is no point to keep arguing if I am clearly wrong. I forgot about Virizion, Breloom can be usable, but I truly don't care for him. It's only my opinion, that's really it. I am NOT a competitive player, I am a very casual player and I run large tournaments. But, anyway.. this doesn't necessarily belong here.

Onto topic.

As I said earlier, I could care less what the starters types become. Grass/Dark would be cool, but it gives Chespin a boatload of weaknesses and not so great offensive typing. Grass/Fighting allows him to balance lack of offense of Grass with the great offense of Fighting, but again that is my opinion.

I could see Fennekin being pure Fire. While Fire/Psychic is ideal and would be amazing, I think that a pure Fire starter would be nice too, even if she learned a lot of Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Electric moves. Fire/Electric would also be nice, and I definitely welcome that.

Froakie looks like it's going to be Water/Poison, Water/Fighting, Water/Dark, Water/Flying.. Well, none of us can really pinpoint him. He's just all over the place.. Crazy little guy. I like him, and regardless of the types he becomes, Water is always a good safe type to mix with another.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I was checking all starters best stats:

Grass
    1) Venusaur --> Sp. Att./Sp. Def.
    2) Meganium --> Def./Sp. Def
    3) Sceptile --> Sp. Att./Speed
    4) Torterra --> Att./Def.
    5) Serperior --> Def./Sp. Def./ Speed
    Total: Att. x1; Def. x3; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x3; Speed x2 (None for HP actually)
    6) Chespin --> It would quite sure be an attack, I would say Att./ Sp. Att, cause it's never happened for a grass starter, or maybe HP/Attack.

Fire
    1) Charizard --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    2) Typhlosion --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    3) Blaziken --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    4) Infernape --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    5) Emboar --> (HP)/ Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x0; Sp. Att. x5; Sp. Def. x0; Speed x2; HP x1
    6) Fennekin --> Now, I mean, a Def./Sp. Def. fire starter could come after 16 years.. But if they continue with tradition (I mean, just to find a sort of sad originality) then I would say Att./Speed (or Sp. Att./Sp. Def if it becomes Psychic type).

Water
    1) Blastoise --> Def./Sp. Def.
    2) Feraligatr --> Att./ Def.
    3) Swampert --> Hp/ Att. (I could count all except speed here, Def. and Sp. Def if we don't count Hp .. Really good stats)
    4) Empoleon --> Sp. Att./ Sp. Def.
    5) Samurott --> Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x2; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x2; Speed x0; HP x1
    6) Froakie: --> Definitively we need a fast water starter.. I would say Speed/ Sp. Attack (counting swampert Def./Sp. Def. were high too) or Speed/Def/Sp. Def.

Obviously it's just speculation.. Looking at all the fire/fighting Att./ Sp. Att starters we can clearly deduce they always do what they want..
    Yea makes a lot of sense, but fennekin absolutly would prefer your attack/speed or special attack/special defense spread, fire is a terrible defensive type. and I would love Froakie to become a fast water, frogs are quick in real life but all frog pokemon have been slow. I think the chespen spread is logical too.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

It wouldn't make sense. People should stop speculating for those types to happen. It renders Fennekin's second type useless against Chespin, causing an unfair advantage to Chespin. Plus, there's nothing that would lead me to believe that Chespin will be Grass/Dark.

Edit:
    Well, I do admit when I am wrong. There is no point to keep arguing if I am clearly wrong. I forgot about Virizion, Breloom can be usable, but I truly don't care for him. It's only my opinion, that's really it. I am NOT a competitive player, I am a very casual player and I run large tournaments. But, anyway.. this doesn't necessarily belong here.

Onto topic.

As I said earlier, I could care less what the starters types become. Grass/Dark would be cool, but it gives Chespin a boatload of weaknesses and not so great offensive typing. Grass/Fighting allows him to balance lack of offense of Grass with the great offense of Fighting, but again that is my opinion.

I could see Fennekin being pure Fire. While Fire/Psychic is ideal and would be amazing, I think that a pure Fire starter would be nice too, even if she learned a lot of Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Electric moves. Fire/Electric would also be nice, and I definitely welcome that.

Froakie looks like it's going to be Water/Poison, Water/Fighting, Water/Dark, Water/Flying.. Well, none of us can really pinpoint him. He's just all over the place.. Crazy little guy. I like him, and regardless of the types he becomes, Water is always a good safe type to mix with another.
    You never admitted that you were wrong, to me. You said Breloom isn't usable, while it's standing there being one of the best competitive Pokemon there is. Do some research before you say something definitive like that, it's rude otherwise.
    Last edited by Moonrox; 12th January 2013 at 4:19 PM.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Lucario ★ View Post
    Chespin Grass/Fighting, Froakie Water/Psychic and Fennekin Fire/Dark makes a lot more sence in my opinion...
    That really doesn't make sense to me. ._. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    It wouldn't make sense. People should stop speculating for those types to happen. It renders Fennekin's second type useless against Chespin, causing an unfair advantage to Chespin. Plus, there's nothing that would lead me to believe that Chespin will be Grass/Dark.
    Torterra to Infenape.

Page 121 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 21711111171181191201211221231241251311712211121 ... LastLast