View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 123 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 23731131191201211221231241251261271331732231123 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    In the trailer Kirlia is taking damage, if it was growl Kirlia would've stood still.
    I completely disagree, seeing as how in all past 3D pokemon games (I'm speaking of the Stadium titles, Colosseum, XD, and PBR), the Pokemon would recoil from non-damaging moves such as Growl.

Quote Originally Posted by Oao View Post
    Agreed. I think its the fact that most of us dont want Fennekin to end up being Fire/Fighting. Sure there is a bit of a mystical look to Fennekin, which is where most of the belief it ending up Fire/Psychic lies. But that doesnt mean it will and the fact that is the move being used by Fennekin is unkown.
    While I understand the beef with the Fire/Fighting typing, I don't see why people are not also against typing like pure Grass or pure Water, which have also been used quite a few times. The reason Fire was given it's Fighting secondary type was to aid against its early in-game weaknesses such as Rock.
    I will be honest in saying that I don't want another Fire/Fighting type Pokemon, but I fully understand the reasoning behind it. And you know what? Emboar was awesome. Only starter I've ever wanted to use in B/W(2). (ha, definitely gonna get flamed for that statement).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    I highly doubt, although without much evidence to support this conclusion, that a move like Growl would be so embellished. It definitely, by aura and appearance, resembles a Psychic elemental-based move.
    Embellished or not, what I see is a move that looks like sound waves emitting from Fennekin's mouth, followed by an effect that looks like falling reddish rings, which would symbolize the attack stat falling much like it has in past games. What I ALSO see is, of course, a move resembling Confusion. The possibility certainly can't be ruled out.

I guess what I wanted to clear up is that a lot of people are jumping on and clinging to the idea that Fennekin WILL be a Psychic type because it IS using a Psychic-type move in the trailer. This is by no means true.

Let me now say that if Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Flying in its final stage, I will be beyond thrilled. (:
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 12th January 2013 at 5:07 PM. Reason: cos
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    This is my opinion but, i dont think we will have the dark/fight/psy secondary types. the last time they gave 1 poke ressistance against the SE type (4th gen) s*** hit the fan and the starters become somewhat unbalanced. i will be extremely suprised if they try and give immunity to a starter even if said immunity will be active after evo. i think if they get 2. types it will be more like neutral types as not to screw the established order.

On the topic of ability tutor; it is a great idea but 1 i just cant see to get implemented unfortunately.
    Well, immunity won't happen of Chespin ends up being Grass/Ground. Some trouble for Fennekin though. But I would love to see Fennekin have high Speed and high Sp. Attk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Well, All I am saying is, that it would be awesome to have an ability tutor. And, I am sure that Gamefreak could make it work if they tried. After all, look at all that they made work. They made all of us so loving towards Pokemon that we are on a forum speculating/debating and some arguing for the sake of arguing about what we love so much.

Well, yes, Grass/Dark has 6 resistances and 1 immunity, but those 6 weaknesses really give it a run. Fire, Flying, Bug, Bug, Poison, Fighting, Ice. I say Bug twice because of the x4 weakness.. Grass/Dark would be cool for Chespin because it would make him a challenge to use. Grass/Fighting would be cool, because it's just cool. Grass/Ground would be great too. Anything is fine.

Now, Moonrox, whether Chespin looks Dark or not, that's not the point. Whether he used a Dark type move or not, that's still not the point. This is a speculation thread. That means that all of us will speculate about what the starters could be. And, for all we know Chespin could grow wings and being Grass/Flying. Gamefreak is going to show us if we're wrong or right and none of us will argue with that, but you have to STOP arguing with everyone just because you "Know" that you are right. If Chespin becomes Grass/Dark, or not, that doesn't matter. Chespin looks cute and will make us happy regardless of typing. Fennekin is the one that we're all worried about really. We just don't want to see another Fire/Fighting. Anyway, no matter what happens with the typing. Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark would be a very cool triangle, and if they do it right or not, whether it's balanced or not, it would still be cool and make a lot of the fans happy.

'Nuff said. ((Just like Stan Lee would say))
    Chespin! I Choose You!

i would love to see chespin with high attack and speed. not if it becomes a retarded sega character, tohugh. although my earlier idea today was well thought out. acknowledge it!
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    ...so? That means nothing. Now, Chespin has been seen as dark because of the move it used in the trauler, Night Slash. Of this did happen, and say Froakie was Water/Fighting, It would be:

Water is SE (Super Effective) against Fire, but Psychic is SE against Fighting.
    Fire is SE to Grass, but Dark is SE against Psychic.
    Grass is SE against water, but Fighting is SE against Dark.

See the trend? Now, everything would be equal, even if Psychic doesn't effect Darks. It really doesn't cause and issue. It would be a very cool starter typing. Stop telling everyone that they should stop speculating. Maybe you should stop too. We're excited, and just guessing what they could be, not saying what they will be. Who knows, maybe they won't be the types we say. And anyways, if Chespin is Grass/Dark, Fennekin's weakness to dark by his immunity to Psychic moves will nip him in the a** with 6 weaknesses.
    We don't know what any of the starters used, and assuming that was Night Slash is ignorant. I'm not telling everyone to stop speculating, I'm saying that this speculation is baseless.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

i see no point in froalike evolving innto a water/fighting river ogre, just have an ogre do that. being a frog, he has so much potential.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

can we not have another argument for one day -_-;
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    We don't know what any of the starters used, and assuming that was Night Slash is ignorant. I'm not telling everyone to stop speculating, I'm saying that this speculation is baseless.
    As speculation often is. Because of the lack of definite facts, there is more room for broad speculation. That's kind of the nature of what speculation is - Assumptions without basis in fact.
    Your thankless superiority by far more ignorant.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Your posts are ignorant and baseless.

Assuning isn't ignorant. It's just guessing. It could turn out to be pure Grass typed. Maybe Grass/Ground, maybe Grass/Dark. We don't know, we're assuming by looks. I can't say it enough to get it through your thick skull, can I? Let people believe what they want to. Don't like it? Then go away. It's as simple as that. If you're so ignorantly persistant enough to say that WE'RE ignorant for guessing, then you really need to go back to pre-school, where they teach you about being fair, and sharing, and being considerate. Which you obviously aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    can we not have another argument for one day -_-;
    Lol, I'm sorry... I'm a very negative and argumentative person, if you couldn't already tell. Plus, this is Serebii, everyone's a d**k, here.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Lol, I'm sorry... I'm a very negative and argumentative person, if you couldn't already tell. Plus, this is Serebii, everyone's a d**k, here.
    Knowing this you still act like that? Act your age for god's sake.

And seriously people, there's no use arguing about something that might be confirmed about a week or so from now. -__-"

Plus, this is Serebii, everyone's a d**k, here.
    I'm sigging this once I have access to a computer that can C&P.

Also, so I don't get infracted, I'll throw my two cents into the mix and say that judging things by appearance isn't very wise. I was positive Oshawott would become a Fighting or Ice type, but he never did. I also never saw Torchic becoming Fighting, I was sure he'd be Flying. Point in case, for all we know they could be Water/Poison, Fire/Flying, and Grass/Dragon. Probably not, but who knows?
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 12th January 2013 at 5:53 PM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    but aerial ace is horrible. unless your name is scyther/scizor.
    It would still be something. It could still get other Flying moves(Shiftry has Bounce). It could possibly get Rock moves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    Well, yes, Grass/Dark has 6 resistances and 1 immunity, but those 6 weaknesses really give it a run. Fire, Flying, Bug, Bug, Poison, Fighting, Ice. I say Bug twice because of the x4 weakness..
    The weakness would of course be a problem for it, but having 6 resistances and an immunity means those types would still in turn not be a bother for it. It could get unlucky and face a bunch of Pokemon that have moves that are supper effective, or it could end up dealing with moves that it resists more. In the end, regardless of weakness and resistances, the moves it can use would ultimately be what decides battles. If it has a Fire, Rock, or Flying move, it can potentially deal with Bug types, as well as Fire, Flying, Fighting, and Ice, it wouldn't be that out of the question for it to get a Rock or Flying type move either(Fire is a bit more far fetched), whether or not they would be powerful or not would be another matter of course.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

People act like that because you make them act like that. I'm a fairly nice and forgiving person, so I'll forgive you this time around.

Heh, sorry Oni. It just happens. People push me to a certain point and then the toxins are released. And when that happens, you dun wanna be around me. I will bite your head off xD

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Knowing this you still act like that? Act your age for god's sake.

And seriously people, there's no use arguing about something that might be confirmed about a week or so from now. -__-"
    I wish it was a week from now it would stop all the flame wars and arguments
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I think one thing most people can agree on is that Chespin's going to be defensive. I mean he's a cross between a hedgehog/porcupine and a chestnut. Chestnuts have a green, spiky exterior and a super hard nut inside them. I know 'cause I used to have a tree in my backyard with them in it. Because of those two things, I believe he'll be defensive.

Though it's mostly bias towards Chespin, I hope the starters aren't dark/fighting/psychic, because it'll likely mean that the faster poke will win, one on one. My guess is that people want this inverse rock paper scissors so that each poke has a chance against the other, but unless you're taking about over leveling and taking out your rival, the reverse triangle doesn't have much merit imo. Think 4th gen. While each poke could learn moves that were super effective against each other (Empoleon counts cause of ice beam), infernape came out as the best of the three, since he can 1hko both.

Here's hoping that it's actually a triangle, with water beating fire, fire beating grass, and grass beating water. THat's how it should work!!
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

Before I forget, here is a list of Pokemon who share the same color scheme which clearly indicates that they're all Water/Electric.

... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I just found this http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg

Did anyone figure out if it is fake or not?
    ...I actually really like that fake evolution. Fire/fighting really doesn't bother me that much, because I usually never have a fighting except the fire/fighting starter. But I really really like the idea of Finnekin being psychic. Even more so if it was dark.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I just found this http://25.media.tumblr.com/42e8d37dc...82e4o1_500.jpg

Did anyone figure out if it is fake or not?
    I wish that was real. >__<

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Before I forget, here is a list of Pokemon who share the same color scheme which clearly indicates that they're all Water/Electric.

... :/
    you forgot thundurus.

edit screw you above oposter. we dont need more fire fightings.

you forgot thundurus.

edit screw you above poster. we don't need more fire/fightings.
    Well, I just like the design. I don't really care about its types.

What a polite, mature way of phrasing that sentiment :/

As much as I'd bemoan another fire/fighting and don't actually believe Fennekin's going in that direction, that fake pic is gorgeous. Looks a little like something out of Bloody Roar 2 though...

I'm surprised that Froakie is actually beating Chespin in the polls now!
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I'm sure this has been said to death, but looking at it more froakie has kind of a poison dart frog look to it, water/poison maybe?
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

you forgot thundurus.

Ehh excuse me? I'm pretty sure, like past people have said, that Gamefreak has made so many fire/fighting combos before because of its rock weakness. If you choose water or grass you had nothing to worry about. But I remember quite clearly when playing Red Brock was a pain in the butt to beat at that time if you choose Charmander. However why there was fire/fighting in BW I'm not sure.

Anyways, I just like the way it looks, so if it was fire/fighting it wouldn't bother me. I usually base my choice on the aesthetics of the fire starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

As much as I'd bemoan another fire/fighting and don't actually believe Fennekin's going in that direction, that fake pic is gorgeous. Looks a little like something out of Bloody Roar 2 though...
    Nah its probably not, I really think its going to be fire/psychic
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Ehh excuse me? I'm pretty sure, like past people have said, that Gamefreak has made so many fire/fighting combos before because of its rock weakness. If you choose water or grass you had nothing to worry about. But I remember quite clearly when playing Red Brock was a pain in the butt to beat at that time if you choose Charmander. However why there was fire/fighting in BW I'm not sure.

Anyways, I just like the way it looks, so if it was fire/fighting it wouldn't bother me. I usually base my choice on the aesthetics of the fire starter.
    Obviously not entirely true, they didn't HAVE to use fighting 3 times if they wanted something to handle rock types they could've given the fire starter's a ground typing or a steel typing.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 123 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 23731131191201211221231241251261271331732231123 ... LastLast