View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 127 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 27771171231241251261271281291301311371772271127 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Think I'll go for Froakie, Chespin looks way to Pachirusu/emolga while Fennekin looks like a Digimon.
    I really hope Froakie will be Water + Poison later on. That will be an great addition since there are only (3 water/poison in total) imo, I will go with Froakie when the time comes.
    Excuse me, but what? Pokemon and Digimon share similiar characteristics and art styles.

With that aside, how does it look remotely like a digimon?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurfer View Post
    I totally agree. While I do stats and types into account, at the end of the day, if the Pokemon doesn't appeal to me I won't use it (Tepig and his kin). I'll even use Pokemon most consider awful if they're charming enough aesthetically.

That being said, I really hope they don't make another Fire/Fighting starter. I'll probably use it anyway, but it really is getting old. I mean, this is the first time I actually want to pick the fire starter before any other. I hope they get a little creative with it, or at the very least don't keep rehashing what they always do.
    of course exactly how I feel
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I wonder when we'll get info and pictures on the evolutions of the starters...I'm hoping by next week.
    Prepare to hunker down then, friend. We rarely get information on starter evolutions until much, much closer to release.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Chespin might look odd now but wait for it's evolution. I think it'll turn into something awesome.
    A Water/Poison starter would actually be amazing. I never thought of that but I'm going with what everyone else is saying, Water/Fighting. While Water/Poison might only have 3, Water/Fighting only has Keldeo. I am kinda sick of any type of Fighting starter though so a part of me hopes your right.
    Poliwrath says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Excuse me, but what? Pokemon and Digimon share similiar characteristics and art styles.

With that aside, how does it look remotely like a digimon?
    Out of all of them I'd think that Chespin looks EXACTLY like a digimon, the others look like pokes though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNepsenify View Post
    Well, Google Translate labels the episode "Pokémon Smash! Episode Y", but it is a questionable tool.
    Hopefully there is new info, I'm dieing of anxiety...When exactly does it air?

About Froakie being Water/Ice, the only connection I see is its coloring. I think people are being persuaded by the fan art of their evolutions.

I honestly think Chespin could potentially become a Poison type due to its spines, but I'm sticking with it becoming /Dark.

Lastly, I can't see Fennekin being anything other than /Psychic due to the attack it uses, or /Ground due to fennec foxes living in deserts.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 12th January 2013 at 9:25 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Prepare to hunker down then, friend. We rarely get information on starter evolutions until much, much closer to release.
    I predict september.. Hopefully that girl on pokemon smash will al least spoil out the types..XD

I really don't like the "hood" thing on Chespin. Looks too unnatural for me. I'll probably pick either that or Froakie though. Froakie is growing on me and I've icked the water starter since red/ble versions. Misty inspired me lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheNepsenify View Post
    Well, Google Translate labels the episode "Pokémon Smash! Episode Y", but it is a questionable tool.
    I won't get my hopes up, since they'll probably just say things we already know. But I do hope there's new info
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

What is Pokemon Smash and Where is everybody seeing these fakemon fan art evolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Hopefully there is new info, I'm dieing of anxiety...

About Froakie being Water/Ice, the only connection I see is its coloring. I think people are being persuaded by the fan art of their evolutions.
    Well Piplup was a penguin and no water/ice.. Oshawott had a white ice cream ball had and no water/ice either.. Can't see artic frogs actually, but we never know..

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Poliwrath says hi.
    Haha oh yeah. I always forget Poliwarth. So there's only 2 Water/Fighting.
    xP

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by penguinry View Post
    What is Pokemon Smash and Where is everybody seeing these fakemon fan art evolutions?
    http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/291086225

Check these out~

And Pokémon Smash is some Weekly Pokémon... thing... eh, someome else should explain that I think.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

But isn't it OBVIOUS Froakie is Ice/water?! Does no one else see it?
    Care to enlighten us, O Seer of All Froakie-Types?

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

These Pokemon look like Digimon
    http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/ima...n-picard_2.jpg

Guys, none of the new Pokemon look like Digimon, please stop using that tired excuse.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th January 2013 at 9:34 PM.

But isn't it OBVIOUS Froakie is Ice/water?! Does no one else see it?
    OH YEA! DOOD, JUST LIKE HOW PIPLUP WAS ICE/WATER!

Oh wait.

I really love the theory of Chespin being a knight, Fennekin being a noble lady, and Froakie being a sneaky thief. Would make for some interesting evo concepts.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I won't get my hopes up, since they'll probably just say things we already know. But I do hope there's new info
    Lamentably, i also do believe we wont get much until after the movie 16. they will 1st try to wrap up this gen before making any other big announcements. still hold some hope about the next mınth thou.

You can find them everywhere. Put the starters names in Google images, deviantart, tumblr.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    OH YEA! DOOD, JUST LIKE HOW PIPLUP WAS ICE/WATER!

Oh wait.

I really love the theory of Chespin being a knight, Fennekin being a noble lady, and Froakie being a sneaky thief. Would make for some interesting evo concepts.
    What if you have a male fennekin though? And weren't serperior and empoleon already nobles? But maybe that way we could have a noble of each type, what about a mage for fenne?
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

My 2 Cents: I'm most intrigued by Chespin's type set & further evolutions. It has the potential to go both ways either awesome or terrible, just like some of the fan art creations. If his final evolution looks anything like this fan concept he'll displace Fennekin as my choice
    pokemon-chespin-evolution-45801_555x350.jpg
    Platinum FC: 1722 2133 9209
    Black FC: 4641 6530 5399
    Black 2 FC: 3525 9902 9095

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    What if you have a male fennekin though? And weren't serperior and empoleon already nobles? But maybe that way we could have a noble of each type, what about a mage for fenne?
    I imagined Fennekin with the black mage hat from Final Fantasy. That was kinda cute!

But anyway, Fennekin does look like it will become noble, though.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I like the mage idea as well. I'm not saying that because it's concept is of a noble lady that it will be wearing a dress or anything when it evolves, but rather that it will be very elegant.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I hope pokemon smash will unveil some news regarding the game. I guess we have 2 hours to find out..
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

It would need one of those giant-*** collars then. Which would mean Fennekin doesn't have to be a Psychic type to look noble or a figure of nobility. Serperior looked like something I wanted to slap across the face for holding its head up high and keeping its leaf-hands behind its back. Empoleon looked like a much more threatening and impressive position in Platinum, so he seemed better. As long as Fenne's supposedly noble animation looks humble, I'll like it.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

How I see Fennekin becoming: Elegant fox, tufts of fur in ears become fire/fire like, tip of tail becomes fire/fire like, Red fur around its neck, and 3 red dots above each of its eyes. Same yellow coloring, but with a darker red color.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 127 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 27771171231241251261271281291301311371772271127 ... LastLast