View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 139 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 39891291351361371381391401411421431491892391139 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrRaneni View Post
    THIS.It's the perfect evolution chain for Fennekin : http://bit.ly/SteRTo

Really -.- You're basically taking credit an money from someones fanart.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    another fire fighting wouldn't be that bad if it were solely a special attacker, I mean if you look at infernape people mainly use it as a choice bander or physical attacker, emboar same deal, Blaziken is also in credibly deadly with swords dance, why not have a special attacking fire fighting? some pokemon would kill to get access to Aura sphere and then maybe a special priority move with fire type? and if it does get a psychic move too all the better! but I think the fire/psychic is more plausible, most pokemon that learn confusion/psywave through level-up become psychic types (except psyduck... possible evolution maybe?) and also, though all of the possible evolutions look elegant, they also look weak, like it wouldn't be very good offensively, they don't look bad, just not I don't know, I'm also expecting a lot of spikes on Chespin
    There are some complaint about a lack of special priority move, that is why often physical sweeper are favoured over special sweeper due to physcial sweeper better access to priority move.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=Sh...w=1333&bih=645

Start to see the resemblance as I got the feeling that the bubble will start to turn into it beard.

In Generation 6, hopefully we will have dragon horse prince as a starter. A half Dragon half horse starter resembling a Qi rin.

For some of you, do not get your hope high up for Chespin turning into flying type as we already have shaymin who resemble a hedgehog in land forme and turn into it flying type sky forme mode.
    Last edited by msiew10; 13th January 2013 at 4:55 PM.

God, I hope this is real, just for the meltdowns.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We need a Ghost/Steel type!

Instead of wasting the fire-type starter's starter type combination with fire/ fighting; Just have it so you can catch a grass/ water/ steel/ fighting/ ground pokemon pre-1st gym. Funny thing is they've done this before on several occasions

Mankey in Kanto
    Shroomish in hoenn
    Budew in Sinnoh
    Pansage for Unova (Though Unova didn't have a proper excuse from the get go).

I think they just made the last 2 starters fire/ fighting because they really weren't creative enough, so they made their pokemon follow an obvious evolution path. I was mainly upset with tepig because it was the perfect opportunity for a fire/ dark starter.
    Last edited by Mystic Flygon; 13th January 2013 at 5:01 PM.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10 View Post
    http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=Sh...w=1333&bih=645

I believe the bubble around the neck and the back eventually turn into it beard and the buble on the brow or nose i think turn into his famed crescent headband.
    If froakie goes anyway oger like I won't be picking it.
    Really hope he stays slim

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Instead of wasting a starter type combination, just have it so you can catch a grass/ water/ steel/ fighting/ ground pokemon pre-1st gym. Funny thing is they've done this before on several occasions

Mankey in Kanto
    Shroomish in hoenn
    Budew in Sinnoh
    Pansage for Unova (Though Unova didn't have a proper excuse from the get go).

I think they just made the last 2 starters fire/ fighting because they really weren't creative enough, so they made their pokemon follow an obvious evolution path, I was mainly upset with tepig because it was the perfect opportunity for a fire/ dark starter.
    By doing that, it would destroy most of the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by radagast View Post
    People are dumb. I don't see how, after that graphic, anyone could argue that it ISN'T Aerial Ace... because it definitely IS Aerial Ace.
    It's probably Aerial Ace because of the apparent V or X-shaped stroke pattern, which fits in with its Japanese name ("Swallow Return" or "Turning Swallow Cut," depending on translation) -- the V shape being similar to a swallow's tail. Well, something to that effect.

Anyway, I refuse to believe Chespin is Grass/Dark because the Dark portion was borne of 100% misinformation based on the attack that is actually Aerial Ace.
    Night Slash is a stealth-based attack, and is learned by, counting breeding, a grand total of 62 species, of which 13 are Dark-types and two more evolve into Dark-types -- that is, 24.2% of the species that learn it are Dark-type. Some people are clearly expanding the definition of ballpark in the vain hope of getting something that doesn't make any sense.

Then there are the people on Tumblr who think this proves Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting:
        Spoiler:- .:

First of all: Pin Missile? Really? That's your argument for Dark-type -- that it's using a Bug-type move? Only two Dark-types learn Pin Missile -- one of which is a cactus and the other of which is a scorpion, both of which have sharp spikes that, in this game, could very reasonably be shot.

Secondly: Vulpix and Ninetales, to which Fennekin is being directly compared, learned Extrasensory but were not Psychic-types. Also, I think that "latent psychic abilities" is fairly small-time for something to get a Psychic typing.

Thirdly: The statement that's leading to Froakie being a Fighting-type is incredibly vague, and especially meaningless considering the amount of non-Fighting-types who can learn (close-range) Fighting-type physical attacks. It may just mean he can learn Acrobatics, which he's apparently using in the trailer.

It's almost like these people have never even played Pokemon.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    By doing that, it would destroy most of the point of this thread.
    I was mainly talking about people trying to justify a 4th fire/ fighting type starter.

I'll edit my post and clarify that.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by NINTENDO-ONLY View Post

This is actually what I see fennekin turning into, if its gonna be a fighting type
    I think people are convinced it won't be out of hope
    Last edited by adamfitz; 13th January 2013 at 5:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NINTENDO-ONLY View Post

I will flips tables.
    Made of steel.
    Into GF's office.
    AND DESTROY THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by Spyfox4989 View Post
    Hey... just a thought, considering Fennekin was using the psychic attack against a Kirlia, couldn't the attack Fennekin was using just be Mimic or Me-First? I like the idea of Me-First personally... Just some food for thought...
    I was thinking Imprision

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    another fire fighting wouldn't be that bad if it were solely a special attacker, I mean if you look at infernape people mainly use it as a choice bander or physical attacker, emboar same deal, Blaziken is also in credibly deadly with swords dance, why not have a special attacking fire fighting? some pokemon would kill to get access to Aura sphere and then maybe a special priority move with fire type? and if it does get a psychic move too all the better!
    Actually, you're right, a fire/fighting special attacker wouldn't be so bad. I'd use that. Same for water/fighting too. The world needs more fighting special attackers who can blast Aura Sphere with STAB - it's sort of Lucario's niche, at the moment.

@Tavo Zx, I don't know. Are those really a continuing reference to Journey to the West, or just a coincidence? Plenty of people believed all the fire type starters were a reference to the Chinese Zodiac, completely ignoring the fact that you'd have to consider Typhlosion a rodent and Fennekin a dog to even make that theory work, which is bit of a stretch. Also see the people who've noted that the beginning letter of each evil team spells 'gramps' which might mean that Professor Oak is some kind of evil mastermind :/

I'm not saying the theories aren't correct (wtf do I know, I don't work for GF), I'm just saying that fans love to wildly speculate and see 'patterns' and 'themes' when really the designers are probably pulling parts from various mythologies and random animals and throwing it all together until something looks good. Sure, the legendaries do have running themes which are very specific - and this is fair enough, seeing as the legendaries usually have backstories and designs rooted in mythology - but I don't imagine GF bothering to slap the Saiyuki story theme on one starter type throughout 2 different generations, and then change type on the 3rd. Especially when the Kappa thing has already done to a non-fire non-starter pokemon back in generation one (Golduck). Surely if they were really trying for a deliberate reference they'd have made one set of starters embodying all 3 monsters (pig, monkey, kappa) at once? Just my 2 cents...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    @Tavo Zx, I don't know. Are those really a continuing reference to Journey to the West, or just a coincidence? Plenty of people believed all the fire type starters were a reference to the Chinese Zodiac, completely ignoring the fact that you'd have to consider Typhlosion a rodent and Fennekin a dog to even make that theory work, which is bit of a stretch.
    You don't have to consider typhlosion a rodent, it's cyndaquil that we use as the rodent. Fennekin is a canine, not a classical dog but a canine none-the-less. I'm actually glad they didn't go the generic route and use the obvious interpretations and did something different (e.g. Charizard is a western dragon and not an eastern, fennekin is a fox and not a common domestic dog).

It's obvious these themes weren't thought of until recently (the fire starter of johto was originally going to be a bear http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...and_characters )

Anymore good fan art for froakie evolutions?
    I haven't seen many
    I've seen plenty on fennekin

I cant wait till we get real news. But its gonna be awhile I would imagine atleast till feburary. Hopefully something will leak before then.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

I'd really just start to think GF is getting lazy if they give us ANOTHER Fire/Fighting, but on the other hand I would laugh at the meltdowns.

We'll probably get more info on the starters next month maybe in CoroCoro but I don't see a WHOLE lot of information until the summer.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Anymore good fan art for froakie evolutions?
    I haven't seen many
    I've seen plenty on fennekin
    this site has most of the evos for froakie

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    That things that I just saw.......xD

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    I will flips tables.
    Made of steel.
    Into GF's office.
    AND DESTROY THEM.
    Please don't. You can just not choose the Fire starter, even though the last 3 Fire/Fighting starters have been fairly cool looking.

As for the whole "Journey to the West" thing, I don't think Emboar was a shoutout to that. 'Pigsy', as he's called is not really a fighter or wrestler like Emboar. He's just kind of lazy and a troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    Isn't there some rule against posting fanart?
    Regardless, scrolling down the list of Froakie fake-evos, the bottom three are the directions I'd like to see Froakie taken. *fingers crossed*
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    Or people, it could be a new move altogether lol. Just saying XD don't say one idea is "dumb" or even a person/people are "dumb". You can not say what that move is, in till its confirmed what movies he has. Even if Chespin becomes a Grass/Dark type it could still be a new move.

I know this is the Speculation/Discussion Thread, but please don't say an idea is dumb when you have just the same chance as being right or wrong as them. You could say "no I don't think thats it, here is my idea." But whatever its not my place to stop you lol XD so do as you wish.

I am not going to comment on the moves, but I have always wanted a Grass/Dark type I have liked so if he ends up being that cool. I don't really like the idea of Chespin being a Grass/Ground, but as long as it works and he looks good I can live with that too.
    I just don't see WHY GameFreak would animate a move that looks LARGELY IDENTICAL to B2W2 Aerial Ace with a few tweaks (which are probably to update it more for it being on the 3DS), but the black background and red line IS Aerial Ace from B2W2, so why would they make another move look identical to it? Common sense, people. It's Aerial Ace.

I don't like the idea of Chespin's evolutionary line becoming Grass/Dark because it would have 6 type weaknesses, and that would be lame for a starter.
    Last edited by radagast; 13th January 2013 at 5:55 PM.

Just notices chespin and froakie are now even in the poll, wonder who will go ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Just notices chespin and froakie are now even in the poll, wonder who will go ahead?
    Meh.. I think Dunsparce is going to leave all 3 of them in the dust

I just don't see WHY GameFreak would animate a move that looks LARGELY IDENTICAL to B2W2 Aerial Ace with a few tweaks (which are probably to update it more for it being on the 3DS), but the black background and red line IS Aerial Ace from B2W2, so why would they make another move look identical to it? Common sense, people. It's Aerial Ace.
    But, we're not for sure it is. It could be, but we don't know yet.

I too think its aerial ace
    I'm also thinking fennekins may have been somting like imprsion
    Also froakies was acrobatics

Page 139 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 39891291351361371381391401411421431491892391139 ... LastLast