View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 141 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912411141 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Just a reminder, just because a pokemon used a secondary move type, does not mean that that is the secondary type.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    That does sound quite interesting, though again, repeating the fire-type combo seems to be a common issue.
    Not an issue for me. I'd love another Fire/Flying starter. I was 5 years old last time we had one.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingBoulevard View Post
    So a flying/psychic/fighting according to you? Hmm good analysis of the moves.

I can follow your thoughts for Fennekin and Froakie, but a flying Chespin seems weird to me
    The vast majority of Pokemon that can learn Aerial Ace are NOT, in fact, Flying-types...
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Just because it knows a move of a certain type doesn't mean it will be that type. Liepard can learn Aerial Ace, but I don't see it flying anywhere.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Just a reminder, just because a pokemon used a secondary move type, does not mean that that is the secondary type.
    I don't see why they'd show them using those certain attacks then...

Last gen they just showed Tepig using Flamethrower/Flame Charge, Oshawott using Razor Shell, and Snivy using Leaf Tornado. All attacks they learn through level up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Oh wow, so it definitely is Aerial Ace. I didn't realize how identical it looked. Maybe this will stop people from thinking it's Grass/Dark.

I'm not so sure about Acrobatics, though. Froakie doesn't disappear, he hits Patrat several times like a ninja or something. I don't think it's Close Combat, but I don't think it's Aerial Ace either. It could be an entirely new move.
    You may be right. Just pure speculation, like you said, could be entirely new moves.

So a flying/psychic/fighting according to you? Hmm good analysis of the moves.

I can follow your thoughts for Fennekin and Froakie, but a flying Chespin seems weird to me
    The moves they used doesn't actually reflects their final typing. If the moves ARE what I predicted, Heracross (Bug/Fighting) could learn Aerial Ace (Flying) by leveling up. Gorebyss (Water) could learn Psychic (Psychic duh) and Pansage (Grass) could learn Acrobatics (Flying).

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Since we had this discussion yesterday, I'll just say I agree with all of them except Chespin, since Night Slash doesn't have to be horizontal, and because Night Slash hits twice.

For Froakie, I think it's Acrobatics, but it also resembles Close Combat's animation in the TV series.
    Haha everyone has their own opinions. I really hope they reveal something soon. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by german suplex; 13th January 2013 at 6:58 PM.

I really don't think there is any link to the second moves they used and the typing they will end up being.
    #BuyUltraviolance

A "flying Quilava" sounds weird to you ? It's the coolest thing I've never seen on a Quilava !
    Or a Leafeon using Aerial Ace ? Awesome !
    Krookodile using Aerial Ace seems weird ? At all, it's more cool than weird, if you want my opinion !
    But Chespin using Aerial Ace is weird ? Ridiculous. Aerial Ace is a wonderful attack who can fit with partically every Pokémon. Non-Flying Type Pokémon that are using Aerial Ace are more using a coolest Quick Attack.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 13th January 2013 at 7:01 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    A "flying Quilava" sounds weird to you too ? It's the coolest thing I've never seen on a Quilava !
    Or a Leafeon using Aerial Ace ? Awesome !
    Krookodile using Aerial Ace seems weird ? At all, it's more cool than weird, if you want my opinion !
    But Chespin using Aerial Ace is weird ? Ridiculous. Aerial Ace is a wonderful attack who can fit with partically every Pokémon. Non-Flying Type Pokémon that are using Aerial Ace are more using a coolest Quick Attack.
    And flying Beartic too.

Just because it learns Aerial Ace doesn't make it a Flying-type. Aerial Ace is based on a sword technique. Lots of Pokemon that learn it can't fly. Like Zangoose, for example.

and because Night Slash hits twice.
    So does Aerial Ace.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Also, quoted from Aerial Ace's Bulbapedia page;
        Spoiler:- Areial Ace:

If you look closely;
        Spoiler:- Aerial Ace or whatever:

There are two 'slashes', one is strike downwards and the other one is strike upwards. And as I mentioned before, the purple lines are probably part of Golurk's flinch animation. Or it could be depicting Chespin, moving at a relatively fast speed.

From the trivia as was provided by Bulbapedia, I stringly believe the move that Chespin is using is Aerial Ace. Though maybe GF trolling us all revealing it's a TM, not a move Chespin can learn by leveling up.
    I posted this in the previous pages too. Aerial Ace is actually based on a sword technique.

On a side note, seeing people keep complaining how Chespin look similar to Oshawott, I could see GF make Chespin evolve to yet another sword wielding Pokemon.

EDIT: ^Someone posted before me haha (regarding Aerial Ace being a sword technique) but you get my point.
    Last edited by german suplex; 13th January 2013 at 7:09 PM.

Would be cool if Chespin's final evo pulled swords out of it's back, like use it's pins as swords.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Would be cool if Chespin's final evo pulled swords out of it's back, like use it's pins as swords.
    god no.

i was confused enough with samurott using swords.

i hope for a fast evo, or a dodicurus.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    god no.

i was confused enough with samurott using swords.

i hope for a fast evo, or a dodicurus.
    I just google-ed 'doedicurus'

Seems legit.

Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 100
    Sp. Atk: 65
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD

That's what I think it'll be. For Froakie:

HP:80
    Atk:100/90
    Def:70
    Sp. Atk:80/90
    Sp. Def:70
    Speed:120

I think Froakie will either be a speedy attacker or a speedy mixed attacker.

Edit: Guess I'll do Fennekin too:

HP: 70
    Atk: 75
    Def: 65
    Sp. Atk: 120
    Sp. Def: 90
    Speed: 100

Thought I'd just keep them all at 520 so they're even.
    Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin stat predictions ^

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I don't know why, but I have a feeling about a Rock type as second type to Chespin. I have no clues or hints to prove it, it's just a feeling. It could be great. A hedghehog can (or not) actually roll by itself, no ? Maybe Chespin could learn Rollout !
    I don't know about that one. Learning Rollout I can see as definitely possible, along with stuff like Defense Curl, but I can't see Chespin becoming Rock type. It just looks like it'll evolve into something fast, and that's not the case for rock types. I'm thinking more along the lines of Dark, Fighting, and maybe Steel.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I personally can hardly believe so Chespin and Froakie are so close. Chespin looks so awesome and Froakie is... Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    I posted this in the previous pages of the thread.
    My thoughts;
        Spoiler:- Behold:

Notice in the image
    The purple lines in aerial ace are probably part of golurks animation
    The white lines are the aerial ace attack
    Also the attack and the animation go in different directions

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    I personally can hardly believe so Chespin and Froakie are so close. Chespin looks so awesome and Froakie is... Froakie.
    Because Chespin is a Grass type Oshawott while Froakie is a ninja frog.

@adamfitz: The lines aren't part of Golurk's animation, they're part of the attack. They wouldn't stand out so much if they were part of Golurk's animation.

I'm leaning toward Fennekin right now but it'll ultimately come down to what they evolve into. Chespin might have some interesting evolutions. Not too interested in Froakie though for some reason.

And hey, I like Dunsparce!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVG...6r8Rig&index=3

If you have the spare time, please feel free to check out my best friend's gaming channel and give any honest feedback you can. Thank you.

Because Chespin is a Grass type Oshawott while Froakie is a ninja frog.
    I didn't like Oshawott that much and I think Chespin rules. I don't find them so similar.

I didn't like Oshawott that much and I think Chespin rules. I don't find them so similar.
    Yet some people are comparing the too a lot. xD

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I don't know about that one. Learning Rollout I can see as definitely possible, along with stuff like Defense Curl, but I can't see Chespin becoming Rock type. It just looks like it'll evolve into something fast, and that's not the case for rock types. I'm thinking more along the lines of Dark, Fighting, and maybe Steel.
    Remeber it is a new generation there could be loads of new stuff, although I don't think it will be part rock...

This. I loved Oshawott almost right away, it's almost my favorite basic starter (only surpassed by Bulbasaur), whereas I still don't care much for Chespin. I see nothing similar about them, to be honest.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That would be really cool! If that happens, I hope they implement it more than they did with Oshawott's line.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Chespin reminds me more of Pachirisu. Maybe because they're rodents?

Page 141 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912411141 ... LastLast