View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 144 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942441144 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spyfox4989 View Post
    Hey... just a thought, considering Fennekin was using the psychic attack against a Kirlia, couldn't the attack Fennekin was using just be Mimic or Me-First? I like the idea of Me-First personally... Just some food for thought...
    Personally, my theory is Copycat, but just give it up. Most of the posters in this thread want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic so badly that they'll just to continue to ignore all posts with other reasonable explanations.

Personally I don't see 7 of the 17 types ever being used as starter subtypes, due to various reasons, and two of them are being floated as highly likely to be subtypes of these starters.

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    A lot of the fan art for Froakie has been very grotesque, I hope they can make it a more lim instead of an ugly beast.
    I'm hoping he keeps his slim shape since it'll help distinguish him from Poliwrath and Seismitoad better.

As long as Fennekin is not a Fire/fighting type, I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    No, the rest of the CoroCoro pages will be leaked. Probably no new Pokemon, just details on the game or maybe the starters.

We're definitely not getting legendary types this issue; they already showed the legendaries on another pages and marked types and abilities as "???" so it wouldn't make sense to show them on another page.

I wouldn't expect too much new stuff; probably some new screenshots and stuff like that. Maybe details on the starters (types, abilities, height, weight, classification) but it's just as possible that they'll simply mark the starters' info as "???" as well. I'd be very surprised if there's a new Pokemon in there. If there was then the leakers would have done that first, not the page with Xerneas and Yveltal.
    It's good to be optimistic but personally i dont expect much more from this month. not only from the corocoro but from other official sources too. I know some1 mentioned there are still pages between legendaries and genesect but my feeling is this will be all we get from this month. hopefully i am wrong but i dont think i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I'm hoping he keeps his slim shape since it'll help distinguish him from Poliwrath and Seismitoad better.
    At least not bigger than Swampert.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Personally I don't see 7 of the 17 types ever being used as starter subtypes, due to various reasons, and two of them are being floated as highly likely to be subtypes of these starters.
    Which seven types are they? I know for sure one is Dragon.
    Also, personally, I see GameFreak screwing us over with weird types. Their trollderps like Samurott being pure Water has led me to eexpect disappointing results. For example, I think Chespin will end up Grass/Rock, but they'll probably make it a second Grass/Ground; I think Fire/Psychic for Fennekin, but they'll give it Fighting as its secondary type; maybe Froakie will be pure Water, but with really good stats, but they'll give us another Water/Poison type with horrid stats and aesthetics.

Default starter second types

Quote Originally Posted by Spyfox4989 View Post
    Hey... just a thought, considering Fennekin was using the psychic attack against a Kirlia, couldn't the attack Fennekin was using just be Mimic or Me-First? I like the idea of Me-First personally... Just some food for thought...
    yeah but that would not explain how all the other starters like Chespin does some sort of chopping fighting move and Froakie does what looks like night slash

the types would line up perfectly

Water beats Fire beats Grass and so on
    Dark beats Psy beats Fight it would be perfect type triangle

Chespin is my favourite: once I looked at its picture, I liked it; with Fennekin it was more less, and with Froakie never! I think Game Freak has recently been losing its creativity not only with the starters, but with pokémon in general.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Like Toxicroak, my favorite Pokemon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Does anyone know when Corocoro is released? or at least the usual times it gets leaked. I am so curious 'bout these new starters it's crazy!!! Also very few pokemon learn copycat or mimic, riolu is one so that mght be an explanation, but I think that a ghost fox might be a more likely explanation and it would evolve from a fennec fox to something like a Jackal, at least for fennekin, and there's so much unknown about Froakie now, we can't really say anything other than fighting/flying secondary type

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    Does anyone know when Corocoro is released? or at least the usual times it gets leaked. I am so curious 'bout these new starters it's crazy!!! Also very few pokemon learn copycat or mimic, riolu is one so that mght be an explanation, but I think that a ghost fox might be a more likely explanation and it would evolve from a fennec fox to something like a Jackal, at least for fennekin, and there's so much unknown about Froakie now, we can't really say anything other than fighting/flying secondary type
    It's already been leaked. Look on the main site.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    Chespin is my favourite: once I looked at its picture, I liked it; with Fennekin it was more less, and with Froakie never! I think Game Freak has recently been losing its creativity not only with the starters, but with pokémon in general.
    Um....they only gave us an entirely 3D world, and are about to give us 100+ pokemon after already serving us 649 pokemon with gravy....
    I don't think they're creativity is crap, they just need more fans who are experienced enough in graphic design, to be part of the Gamefreak team.
    There is absolutely no problem in them using a frog for a starter.
    There is only one other water frog which is a complete dunce!
    And the other frog being a complete bad a*s.
    My point is I think the only people complaining are people who plainly don't like the designs period solely based on there own individual opinion.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I will probably go with Froakie. Although, I do like Chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Yep Dragon is one. I believe I mentioned another one in a previous post, Dark.

Here's all 7 I never expect to see as starter subtypes: Water, Grass, Fire, Dragon, Dark, Psychic, Ghost.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I want their last evos to be

Grass/Rock, Fire and Water/Fighting.

I think pure fire types are awesome.

January's is already out.
    Spoiler alert: says nothing about the starters.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Justino911 View Post
    yeah but that would not explain how all the other starters like Chespin does some sort of chopping fighting move and Froakie does what looks like night slash

the types would line up perfectly

Water beats Fire beats Grass and so on
    Dark beats Psy beats Fight it would be perfect type triangle
    Chespin used Aerial Ace. And we don't know what Froakie used but it definitely wasn't Night Slash.

Does anyone know when Corocoro is released? or at least the usual times it gets leaked. I am so curious 'bout these new starters it's crazy!!!
    Probably within the next 12 hours. But don't get your hopes up for too much new info.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It's already been leaked. Look on the main site.
    He's talking about the rest of it. There's still like 4 pages yet to be leaked.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Also, personally, I see GameFreak screwing us over with weird types. Their trollderps like Samurott being pure Water has led me to eexpect disappointing results. For example, I think Chespin will end up Grass/Rock, but they'll probably make it a second Grass/Ground; I think Fire/Psychic for Fennekin, but they'll give it Fighting as its secondary type; maybe Froakie will be pure Water, but with really good stats, but they'll give us another Water/Poison type with horrid stats and aesthetics.
    Don't jinx it! I really do want all 3 starters to be hybrid types since gen 5 only had 1 hybrid, gen 3 had 2 hybrids, gen 2 had none, and gen 1 had 2 hybrids. The only generation that was kind enough to give us all hybrid starters was gen 4.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Fennekin looks so cute! I think that I will pick it for when I get either one of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    January's is already out.
    Spoiler alert: says nothing about the starters.
    Where?
    Unless something came out in the last hour or so I haven't seen, there's only been three pages leaked. Yveltal is page 74, Xerneas is page 75, and the Genesect movie is page 80. That leaves pages 76, 77, 78, and 79 we haven't seen yet. They would have to be Pokemon-related, wouldn't they?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Corocoro will probably not leak anymore information about pokemon. So don't get your hopes up.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Yassss, the votes for Fennekin have really been coming in these past couple of days. I was worried for a bit when Chespin and Froakie passed the 100 votes mark, but it seems that Queen Fennekin is still holding onto her crown. Good for her. I just hope there isn't a shift in popularity among the Starters when the new anime saga starts. *Looks at Oshawott*

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Where?
    Unless something came out in the last hour or so I haven't seen, there's only been three pages leaked. Yveltal is page 74, Xerneas is page 75, and the Genesect movie is page 80. That leaves pages 76, 77, 78, and 79 we haven't seen yet. They would have to be Pokemon-related, wouldn't they?
    Oh.

Well, ****.

@Above: Don't be silly, Fennekin is invincible.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Yassss, the votes for Fennekin have really been coming in these past couple of days. I was worried for a bit when Chespin and Froakie passed the 100 votes mark, but it seems that Queen Fennekin is still holding onto her crown. Good for her. I just hope there isn't a shift in popularity among the Starters when the new anime saga starts. *Looks at Oshawott*
    But I thought you loved Oshawott. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm going to make this prediction again:

Everyone is switching to Chespin when the evos are shown.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Page 144 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942441144 ... LastLast