View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 149 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 49991391451461471481491501511521531591992491149 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

will you guys just follow the damn topic. i feel like i keep repeating myself.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Oao View Post
    Just because the game is being released at the same time internationally doesnt mean it will. In the reality, there no way to guarntee it. For example, people who buy the game online may get it later than those who buy it from a game store in the same country.

The fact that its being released worlwide means that people in different contients and even countries will get the game earlier than some because of the time difference.

From there it will be all down to whoever it is able to play the game first and from there whether the information is leaked by them or someone who was a few steps ahead of them.
    At that point I'm going to be too busy playing the game to bother checking Serebii very much. haha. Some of my college buddies and I are going to Gamestop for the midnight release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Hold Up! When did Chespin surpass Froakie?? Noooooo

I am going to go with Froakie since in that trailer it looked like a speed demon, which is what I value in my Pokemon. Fennekin might charm me if it has a great movepool and Froakie doesn't. I already know Fennekin will be a Special attacker, it's almost too obvious. Especially if it is Fire/Psychic... If Froakie is Water/Fighting then I hope it is a mixed attacker with huge speed. Chespin...I sadly think it will become a Grass/Dark tank. Basically a Torterra with just a little bit more speed.
    You likely won't know much about the movesets prior to picking your starter, unless you wait a few weeks to buy your copy.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Yeah, I'm really excited about it. I'm the type of guy who has always wanted to play the games blind, but whose curiosity about new Pokemon always overpowered that desire.
    That's literally my exact sentiment. I tell myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to go in blind, and be surprised?" But then my curiosity gets the best of me.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

...How did someone with 48 posts become a Mod?

Edit: *checks join date*

...Oh. Nevermind.

Edit 2: *checks first post*

...Wait, no. Still. How?
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 14th January 2013 at 1:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    That's literally my exact sentiment. I tell myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to go in blind, and be surprised?" But then my curiosity gets the best of me.
    Totally agree with this, and then send in my team, beat the elite four, and continue on my usual waiting for the next game... unless it's like PT or BW2 where there was a good post-game
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    At that point I'm going to be too busy playing the game to bother checking Serebii very much. haha. Some of my college buddies and I are going to Gamestop for the midnight release.

You likely won't know much about the movesets prior to picking your starter, unless you wait a few weeks to buy your copy.
    By the time I get the game, I'll know which one I'm picking. I'll probably buy it later anyways. I just hope their evolutions aren't disappointments...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I'm in LOVE with Chespin. Its so adorable in a PikaClone meets Oshawott kinda way. I'm really hoping its evos are just as awesome as it appears now. If I had my way, it'd be either Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, Grass/Steel, or even Grass/Poison...

Depending on how his/her evos and stats turn out, Chespin has the potential to replace Bulbasaur as my favorite starter and Grass type!!

I'm not a fan of the other two, however. Fennekin, though cute, reminds me too much of a cross between Zorua and Vulpix as it is now. I know its a dog and NOT a fox but still. I'm on the fence about Froakie. i'm not a fan of its design (we've already got too many water frogs as is.) But, if its evos and typing impress, I'd be inclined to change my mind.
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 14th January 2013 at 2:23 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I'm in LOVE with Chespin. Its so adorable in a PikaClone meets Oshawott kinda way. I'm really hoping its evos are just as awesome as it appears now. If I had my way, it'd be either Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, Grass/Steel, or even Grass/Poison...

Depending on how his/her evos and stats turn out, Chespin has the potential to replace Bulbasaur as my favorite starter and Grass type!!

I'm not a fan of the other two, however. Fennekin, though cute, reminds me too much of a cross between Zorua and Vulpix as it is now. I know its a dog and NOT a fox but still. I'm on the fence about Froakie. i'm not a fan of its design (we're already got too many water frogs as is.) But, if its evos and typing impresses, I'd be inclined to change my mind.
    Fennekin is based off of Fennec foxes...

Which is why I feel as if it could be a Fire/Ground from the theories people posted pages back, but I don't know yet.

There is something definitely missing from CoroCoro.The legendaries are pages 74 and 75 while the movie is page 80.So where did 76,77,78 and 79 go?So there has to be more pages and they just have not appeared yet and i'm thinking those pages will give the heights etc of the starters.

Got this image from bulbapedia. At first I assumed froakie was using a water-type attack, but does it look like there's small snowflakes in it to anyone else? Perhaps froakie is part ice-type?(a jump(pun) of course, but it's not like we have much to speculate with at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Which is why I feel as if it could be a Fire/Ground from the theories people posted pages back, but I don't know yet.
    The only reason I don't think it'll be Ground is because I haven't seen any indications as of yet... Then there's the fact that it clearly used a damaging Psychic move in the trailer, which no other Fire starter is capable of with the exception of Cyndaquil.

Can anyone else see chespin evolve into a grass/steel that has decent speed like 89 base speed?

Or fennekin actually being faster than froakie?
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

No not this debate again anything but that d:
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post

I'm not a fan of the other two, however. Fennekin, though cute, reminds me too much of a cross between Zorua and Vulpix as it is now. I know its a dog and NOT a fox but still. I'm on the fence about Froakie. i'm not a fan of its design (we're already got too many water frogs as is.) But, if its evos and typing impresses, I'd be inclined to change my mind.
    ...That's because frogs are semi-aquatic. It makes sense that they would be water type. Even Toxikroak, the only frog without the water type has an ability promoting this association with water. (Dry Skin) That's like saying we have too many water fish or flying birds or ground moles.

Quote Originally Posted by megachu17 View Post

Got this image from bulbapedia. At first I assumed froakie was using a water-type attack, but does it look like there's small snowflakes in it to anyone else? Perhaps froakie is part ice-type?(a jump(pun) of course, but it's not like we have much to speculate with at the moment)
    I was actually the opposite. At first I thought it was Ice Beam because I thought I saw little snow fakes, but then I realized that they may be just little splashes of water, as most are irregular where as snow flakes are crystalline and have six equal sides.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 14th January 2013 at 1:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    The only reason I don't think it'll be Ground is because I haven't seen any indications as of yet... Then there's the fact that it clearly used a damaging Psychic move in the trailer, which no other Fire starter is capable of with the exception of Cyndaquil.
    Yea, I'm hoping for it to be Fire/Psychic. But, I don't want to want it to backfire. D:

All water starters can learn ice beam, it's hardly proof.

Not saying I wouldn't like a water/ ice starter (Piplup and oshawott I'm looking at you).
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

In any of the trailers shown of any new main Pokemon game, were any Pokemon using moves they don't learn via learn up? If so, then the thing about Froakie being Water/Ice might happen.

Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 100
    Sp. Atk: 65
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD

That's what I think it'll be. For Froakie:

HP:80
    Atk:100/90
    Def:70
    Sp. Atk:80/90
    Sp. Def:70
    Speed:120

I think Froakie will either be a speedy attacker or a speedy mixed attacker.

Edit: Guess I'll do Fennekin too:

HP: 70
    Atk: 75
    Def: 65
    Sp. Atk: 120
    Sp. Def: 90
    Speed: 100

Thought I'd just keep them all at 520 so they're even.
    My stat predictions^^

If that is indeed Ice Beam, I don't mind. The only weird thing is that when it hits Pansear it looks like water.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    There is something definitely missing from CoroCoro.The legendaries are pages 74 and 75 while the movie is page 80.So where did 76,77,78 and 79 go?So there has to be more pages and they just have not appeared yet and i'm thinking those pages will give the heights etc of the starters.
    I don't know how CoroCoro really works exactly page wise, but I kind of want to know what's on those pages too. Doubt it's any too exciting but you've made me curious.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    All water starters can learn ice beam, it's hardly proof.

Not saying I wouldn't like a water/ ice starter (Piplup and oshawott I'm looking at you).
    Not proposing it's proof, just offering an idea(which I would like to be true =d), it could kinda make sense with the white on him, but I'm not sure of what a water/ice frog would be based off of...pretty sure most frogs are tropical, so, yea.

EDIT: Actually there are some frogs, like the Eastern wood frog, that live in cold climates, freezing solid in the winter and thawing out in the spring. Interesting concept for froakie to be based off of? Or maybe he'll be pure water...(was always pulling for water/fighting oshawott...)(Mystic Flygon beat me to that point XD)
    Last edited by megachu17; 14th January 2013 at 1:36 AM.

Not proposing it's proof, just offering an idea(which I would like to be true =d), it could kinda make sense with the white on him, but I'm not sure of what a water/ice frog would be based off of...pretty sure most frogs are tropical, so, yea.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=froz...ient=firefox-a
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I don't know how CoroCoro really works exactly page wise, but I kind of want to know what's on those pages too. Doubt it's any too exciting but you've made me curious.
    I don't know how the pages work all that well either but it doesn't make any sense to me if pages 74 and 75 talk about pokemon then 76,77,78 and 79 just go on to a different topic then on page 80 it goes right back to pokemon.Doesn't make any sense so something Pokemon related are on those pages.

About Froakie being part ice type, the only water types that can't learn Ice Beam are the Seismitoad Line and Magikarp.

Fennekin i think will be part Psychic Type, because it uses a move that looks Psychic Type in origin in the trailer.

Chesepin I think will be Grass/Dark, because it looks like it uses Night Slash on a Golurk in the trailer.

Evolution wise, my only speculation is that Fennekin's evolution will be something sleek and elegant, with high speed and Sp. Attack coupled with weak defenses.

50 Pixie Points

Quote Originally Posted by memond View Post
    About Froakie being part ice type, the only water types that can't learn Ice Beam are the Seismitoad Line and Magikarp.
    Keldeo can't either.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 149 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 49991391451461471481491501511521531591992491149 ... LastLast