View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 15 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    I laughed a bit when I pictured Froakie with wings in front of its eyes xD

Actually, Water/Ice seems possible, due to the white "thing" on its back. But many people say it resembles a cloud, so it might as well end up being a Water/Flying frog flying around on a cloud, or maybe a frog with clouds on its feet. Only God Gamefreak knows.
    That cloud looks like frogspawn to me. I doubt it would be water/flying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I laughed a bit when I pictured Froakie with wings in front of its eyes xD

Actually, Water/Ice seems possible, due to the white "thing" on its back. But many people say it resembles a cloud, so it might as well end up being a Water/Flying frog flying around on a cloud, or maybe a frog with clouds on its feet. Only God Gamefreak knows.
    Yes~ haha xD

Now that I think about it.... raining frogs anyone?

I could see it either being a Ice/Water in that it uses clouds on it's back to control weather or Water/Flying creating myths that it was raining frogs because these guys fell out of clouds/the nest when they hatched!

I really like these starters, though having frog Pokemon of any kind is kinda getting old. I'd probably pick Fennekin more than the others. As for typing for evoled forms:

Chespin: Grass/Ground or Rock
    Fennekin: Fire or Fire/Psychic
    Froakie: Water or Water/Ice

No more part fighting types with starters...it getting really old ! I guess we'll just have to wait a few months and see. We'll probably see all the Pokemon by summer
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

I would guess that the starters evolutions type would be something like this,

Chespin (Harimaron) line - Grass/Ground (or) Grass/Rock (or) Grass/Fighting
    Fennekin (Fokko) line - Fire [Pure] (or) Fire/Psychic (or) Fire/Electric
    Froakie (Keromatsu) line - Water [Pure] (or) Water/Ice (or) Water/Steel

I have a feeling that this time the Fire Starters line would not be part Fighting because of the feminine appearances Fennekin has which is similar to Snivy, Vulpix and Zorua. And as far as i can say, we haven't had a Fighting type with feminine appearances until now.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 8th January 2013 at 7:18 PM.

I find it ironic that Fennekin is the shining star this gen, especially due to the fact Tepig was the least loved Unova starter! (I love them both!

Also, I feel so lucky! My favourite animals are pigs and canines and my fave type is fire!

Wants:
    Fennekin- Fire/Ground
    Froakie- Water/Poison
    Chespin- Grass/Steel

Thinks:
    Fennekin- Fire/Flying (I'm sticking with this until I'm proven wrong or a bullet is put in my head)
    Froakie- Water/Fighting
    Chespin- Grass/Ground
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I have a feeling that this time the Fire Starters line would not be part Fighting because of the feminine appearances Fennekin has which is similar to the Snivy, Vulpix, Zorua. And as far as i can say, we haven't had a Fighting type with feminine appearances until now.
    Virizion says hi.

But I do agree, I don't see Fennekin being Fighting this time. Froakie seems like a more likely candidate, and I could see Chespin going that route as well.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Virizion says hi.
    Meinshao too.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I have a feeling that this time the Fire Starters line would not be part Fighting because of the feminine appearances Fennekin has which is similar to Snivy, Vulpix and Zorua. And as far as i can say, we haven't had a Fighting type with feminine appearances until now.
    Mienshao looks really feminine to me. And we also have Meloetta in its alternate form.

Loving froakie! Love them all!
    Can't wait to see there evolved forms!!

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Meinshao too.
    And then it's really purple and fluffy evolution Mienshao

I'm really diggin Chespin. It looks like it might be my first grass type starter but until I see their evolutions I can't really say for sure. I like the idea of having Grass/Fighting, Water/Psychic, and Fire/Dark type starters this generation. Making the starters evenly matched when they're fully evolved would be awesome. I think Chespin looks like it could possibly end up being a steel, ground, or dark type if it isn't fighting. If Chespin ends up being dark I'd be equally happy with Fennekin being psychic and Froakie being fighting.

all in fire type, grass is ok too. water is ugly as fock
    Pokemon Black Friend Code:
    1077-0362-9159

seeking for elekid with electirizer

As far as further eveloutions go-

I see Chespin's hood thing slowly becoming a robe and it developing sleeves and such while it's tail grows some kind of rudder/spike/etc. on the end.

Fennekin's ears will continue to grow and shoot fire. Fluffiness reaches extraordinary levels.

And Finally Froakie develops some sort of cloud thing on it's back and perhaps bigger hands? Since those seemed to be emphasized with the white. Possibly Glasses since that's what it looks like is on his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Meinshao too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    And then it's really purple and fluffy evolution Mienshao
    Oh jeez you did say Meinshao this is what I get for not sleeping for a whole day now xD;

I must say, this is the first time since Gen 2 that I've immediately fallen in love with all the starters. I don't know what's so appealing about them, but they just are. This is also the first time in...ever, that I'm tempted to start my game with something other than the water type. (Froakie is still going to be my starter, not going to mess with a good thing, but the fact that I even thought it...)

But I think what most excited me about these is the fact that it looks like the three generation long Fire/Fighting might finally be at its end. Fenniken doesn't look like a Pokemon who would support that typing. I wonder if they're even going to give it a second type, or leave it as a pure Fire Type.

But I'm still out on the judgement of who is my favorite, simply because we don't have all the information yet. I can't wait to see what happens once they release the entirety of the line.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

I would guess that the starters evolutions type would be something like this,

Chespin (Harimaron) line - Grass/Ground (or) Grass/Rock (or) Grass/Fighting
    Fennekin (Fokko) line - Fire [Pure] (or) Fire/Psychic (or) Fire/Electric
    Froakie (Keromatsu) line - Water [Pure] (or) Water/Ice (or) Water/Steel

I would love a fire/electric type starter
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
    I must say, this is the first time since Gen 2 that I've immediately fallen in love with all the starters. I don't know what's so appealing about them, but they just are. This is also the first time in...ever, that I'm tempted to start my game with something other than the water type. (Froakie is still going to be my starter, not going to mess with a good thing, but the fact that I even thought it...)

But I think what most excited me about these is the fact that it looks like the three generation long Fire/Fighting might finally be at its end. Fenniken doesn't look like a Pokemon who would support that typing. I wonder if they're even going to give it a second type, or leave it as a pure Fire Type.

But I'm still out on the judgement of who is my favorite, simply because we don't have all the information yet. I can't wait to see what happens once they release the entirety of the line.
    Not to be a downer, but Tepig didn't look it either. Most folks were saying Fire/Dark, if I remember right.
    But I'm with you on that anyways. We have enough Fire/Fighting Pokemon, give us something new.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    I would love a fire/electric type starter
    Fire/electric would be cool, and Fennekin's color scheme would fit that typing. But boy would it get smashed by ground types :/

My Speculation:
    Chespin: Grass/Dark - originally I thought he would be a fighting type, but the 2nd move he uses in the trailer appears to resembled a move similar to Night Slash. The move can't be fighting because it hits Golurk. Also, Chespin appears to be wearing a hood, which further leads me to believe he's dark.

Fennekin: Fire/Psychic - his 2nd move looks like a psychic move, it's pink and has range

Froakie: Water/Fighting - his 2nd move looks like it could be a fighting type move and he wears gloves, which brings extra attention to his fists. Hitmonchan, Makuhita, Hariyama, Croagunk, and especially Poliwrath all wear gloves and are all fighting types. I feel that Froakie is not an electric type because the blue effects from his 2nd attack aren't yellow (the color most commonly used by GameFreak for electric attacks) and they aren't shaped like lightning blots (another common theme used by GameFreak).

Also, not only does this typing have the usual grass - water - fire cycle, but it has a (reversed) dark - psychic - fighting cycle.

Just my opinion
    Last edited by Isaac; 8th January 2013 at 7:40 PM.

I love these new starters, but I wouldn't have Froakie, I don't like frogs. Most likely I will have Fennekin, but Chespin could still my heart, it's pretty close to it. Fennekin is so adorable, but the whole fire fox thing has been done, and I have been waiting for a mammalian grass starter for a long time.

Fire/Electric would be amazing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRaneni View Post
    Froakie's final evolution ) I hope it won't end this way http://adf.ly/H4FXy
    That's basically Alex Armstrong painted blue with Froakie's head. That would be horrible beyong our wildest dreams. :3
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Fire/electric would be cool, and Fennekin's color scheme would fit that typing. But boy would it get smashed by ground types :/
    Levitating Fox anyone?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Froaki's evolution might look like a mixture of thundurus and sesmitoad.

Page 15 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651151015 ... LastLast