View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 155 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052551155 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #3851
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Well, between the Legendary page and the Genesect page, there's a four page space between them. So, there should be more XY news (or at least the starters and such), but no one knows what's going on. Maybe there were just something else between. But why not have the Poké stuff together like usual? hmm..
    Oh cool, when is CoroCoro supposed to come out and when do you think we will get this info ?

  2. #3852
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    If you look at the page numbers there's four pages in between the legendaries and the Genesect movie. Why would they break it up like that? Doesn't CoroCoro usually put all the Pokemon stuff together? Besides, I can't believe that they would just ignore the starters entirely. Sure, we might not get any new info on the starters other than height and weight perhaps, but there's got to be some kind of mention of them.
    I know how you feel bro.

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Oh cool, when is CoroCoro supposed to come out and when do you think we will get this info ?
    Not sure exactly, but I think it should come out Today. Though, IF there's new pages, don't expect much news. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  4. #3854
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    If you look at the page numbers there's four pages in between the legendaries and the Genesect movie. Why would they break it up like that? Doesn't CoroCoro usually put all the Pokemon stuff together? Besides, I can't believe that they would just ignore the starters entirely. Sure, we might not get any new info on the starters other than height and weight perhaps, but there's got to be some kind of mention of them.
    I will not be so sure.. I do suspect that the starters are already dualtype on their first stage..notice we still don't know their official types, we just assume the grass fire water combo..maybe they want to keep the news for next issue..

  5. #3855
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I will not be so sure.. I do suspect that the starters are already dualtype on their first stage..notice we still don't know their official types, we just assume the grass fire water combo..maybe they want to keep the news for next issue..
    What reason is there for thinking they're dual-typed on the first stage? But regardless, they could show the starters and simply list their types as "???" like they did with Xerneas and Yveltal. After Game Freak prominently displayed them to the public it seems unlikely CoroCoro would ignore them and then show them next month as if they're brand new, when the public will have already known about them for over a month and be wondering why CoroCoro didn't talk about them.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  6. #3856
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    Is it true there might be a new member of the Pikachu family?? I hope Froake final evolution is cool and a water/poison that will probably not happen but one can hope!!!
    If you mean the cute electricity type/s of the 6th gen, then most likely. If I had to guess what it would be, I'd guess an electric rabbit or just another electric mouse to fit in with Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Minun and Plusle.

  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    What reason is there for thinking they're dual-typed on the first stage? But regardless, they could show the starters and simply list their types as "???" like they did with Xerneas and Yveltal. After Game Freak prominently displayed them to the public it seems unlikely CoroCoro would ignore them and then show them next month as if they're brand new, when the public will have already known about them for over a month and be wondering why CoroCoro didn't talk about them.
    They always riveal the starters and their types together..if they put the
    ??? thing everybody will understand something is going to change..

  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Im not expecting anything new this month. Untill feburary its probably gonna be just a lot of rumors and false speculation.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  9. #3859
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    I'm expecting new information on XY to come out in March to keep us all waiting
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    nobody could say that cause salamence actually was the 7th dragon any1 ever encountered(2 of them his other 3 was dragonite family 1 is altaria). dragonite and salamence doesnt exactly look the same.
    Yes, that was exactly my point. If people don't whine about the multiple dragons who look nothing alike, why do they whine about other pokemon based on the same/similar species if they too are nothing alike? E.g. put Froakie next to Croagunk and Fennekin next to Vulpix. They're two utterly different designs that just happen to be based on the same animal; the similarities are not overwhelming.

    If anything Fennekin looks a little like Zorua, but that doesn't stop me thinking its gorgeous and lovely, and it certainly doesn't cause me to state that gamefreak are 'running out of ideas'.

    Personally, I'm not too fussed about this CoroCoro info. They're likely going to state what we already know. Next issue or perhaps the one after that is when I'l start getting excited.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  11. #3861
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    If you look at the page numbers there's four pages in between the legendaries and the Genesect movie. Why would they break it up like that? Doesn't CoroCoro usually put all the Pokemon stuff together? Besides, I can't believe that they would just ignore the starters entirely. Sure, we might not get any new info on the starters other than height and weight perhaps, but there's got to be some kind of mention of them.
    I am not saying there is no page in between what i am saying is there isnt just pokemon XY out there. TCG, anime and spin-off games come to mind for instance. Any new information we will have will not come this month in order to up the anticipaiton is what i am saying. Moreover correct me if I am wrong but i dont remember leaked pages being that far between.

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Yes, that was exactly my point. If people don't whine about the multiple dragons who look nothing alike, why do they whine about other pokemon based on the same/similar species if they too are nothing alike? E.g. put Froakie next to Croagunk and Fennekin next to Vulpix. They're two utterly different designs that just happen to be based on the same animal; the similarities are not overwhelming.

    If anything Fennekin looks a little like Zorua, but that doesn't stop me thinking its gorgeous and lovely, and it certainly doesn't cause me to state that gamefreak are 'running out of ideas'.

    Personally, I'm not too fussed about this CoroCoro info. They're likely going to state what we already know. Next issue or perhaps the one after that is when I'l start getting excited.
    I cant say anything about that since i agree i cant see anything similar between frogs. nor do i see similarities between vulpix or fennekin. zorua is only superficial in my opinion and i always thought zorua as silver fox pup not as a fennec fox. it is in the end all PoV.

    About GF running out of ideas is well i leave it to ppl. I have been playing the games since 1998 and have yet to think that besides the storylines and not so much on pokemon design. (usually that came with pikachu-like cute pokemon thou i dont use them so in the end all's well that ends well )
    Last edited by Amanchu; 14th January 2013 at 1:52 PM.

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,791

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Most of those are nice, except the ones with Froakie and Fennekin evolution's. I really prefer some other fanart for their evolution

  14. #3864
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    There seems to be so much fanart for the starters. Did people do this for previous gens ?

  15. #3865
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    I think the reason that so much fanart is surfacing is because the people actually LIKE the starters from this gen.

    Last gen, if you recall, they weren't so warmly received.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  16. #3866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I think the reason that so much fanart is surfacing is because the people actually LIKE the starters from this gen.

    Last gen, if you recall, they weren't so warmly received.
    Snivy was all over the Internet.

  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There seems to be so much fanart for the starters. Did people do this for previous gens ?
    Yeah there was a lot. I dunno about Sinnoh but there was quite a bit for Unova. Especially for Snivy.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  18. #3868
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Snivy was, but I don't remember seeing his evolutions speculated until later on. I'm not saying there was no fan art, but it wasn't immediate.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There seems to be so much fanart for the starters. Did people do this for previous gens ?
    They do this every new Generation. But not as many as what we see today.

    I think fan speculation for this gen is a bit different because we are not given a silhouette.
    But instead, they already gave us the starters and the Legendaries right from the day this game was announced.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  20. #3870
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Types confirmed - Grass, Fire and Water. No secondary types... yet...


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Black xx Japan
    Posts
    500

  22. #3872
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    I thought so. ^^ But I still expect/hope they will be Dark Psychic and Fighting when evolved.

    Also, that art for Yveltal and Xerneas is gorgeous~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    I am not saying there is no page in between what i am saying is there isnt just pokemon XY out there. TCG, anime and spin-off games come to mind for instance. Any new information we will have will not come this month in order to up the anticipaiton is what i am saying. Moreover correct me if I am wrong but i dont remember leaked pages being that far between.
    It's not just the fact that pages are missing in between. It's also that I can't picture them just failing to mention the starters at all. It makes no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There seems to be so much fanart for the starters. Did people do this for previous gens ?
    Oh, yes. You have no idea.

    Actually, there's even more when Pokemon are revealed as silhouettes, because people draw up what they think they might be. The starters weren't silhouettes this time or in 4th Gen, but they were in 5th Gen. Tepig's silhouette was usually drawn as a pig or a rabbit, Mijumar- er, I mean Oshawott's silhouette could have practically anything and so interpretation were really varied. And Snivy was drawn as all three types (we didn't know which silhouette was which type) because its tail could have looked like a leaf, a flame, or a mermaid tail. Zoroark was also revealed as a silhouette as first, and had some interesting fan art. I think the only other one that was a silhouette in 5th Gen was Braviary, and it was unveiled like the next day or something.

    4th Gen had a lot more. Lucario was a silhouette that reminded people of Blaziken. Bonsly, Weavile and Mime Jr. were also silhouettes (people figured out what they were right off the bat, especially Bonsly.) Then there was Chatot (who I remember had this really cool piano-like fan art; people figured out its head was a music note) Buizel (who was originally thought to be a Grass-type Eeveelution) and Mantyke (another one people figured out instantly.) Then Starly and Shinx were shown as silhouette, who people assumed were the first route's bird and rodent. (well, we were half-right). Electivire was also one, and people figured that one out instantly too. I think that was all of the ones who were silhouetted, if I'm remembering correctly.

    I wasn't on Pokemon sites during 3rd Gen's reveal period so I can't speak for that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I think the reason that so much fanart is surfacing is because the people actually LIKE the starters from this gen.

    Last gen, if you recall, they weren't so warmly received.
    What? Tepig and "Smugleaf" were hugely popular. It was just Oshawott people hated. And as I recall the 4th Gen starters weren't very popular at first either, except maybe Chimchar.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Types confirmed - Grass, Fire and Water. No secondary types... yet...
    Oh thank god I was starting to think froakie was a fire type....

    they could have updated with something we didnt know like the legendary types but oh well i'll take it... its something in this 10 month wait

  25. #3875
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Oh yea, I do remember the silhouettes! Those were all over the place.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 155 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052551155 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •