View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 159 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092591159 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Tbh, I'd actually be happy if they stayed pure.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    No I wasn't.

Ok, I was. Ain't I funne? XD

Seriously, though, since 'Night Slash' really seems to be Arial Ace, I'm at a loss to what Types they will be. Chespin as a Flying type would be very odd.
    Heracross could learn Aerial Ace too. To be detailed, he's the only non-flying type to learn it while leveling up. While most non-flying type could learn it via TM40. It's actually based on a sword technique.

Spoiler:- Bulbapedia's Trivia:
    Last edited by german suplex; 14th January 2013 at 8:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Heracross could learn Aerial Ace too. To be detailed, he's the only non-flying type to learn it while leveling up. It's actually based on a sword technique.

Spoiler:- Bulbapedia's Trivia:
    Ah, true, I saw that here somewhere a while ago... well, I never thought he would be Flying anyways. No wonder so many Pokémon can learn Arial Ace. ^^

I still think that Fennekin will evolve into a Psychic Type, but I'm unsure about the other two~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Unwashedfox View Post
    Tbh, I'd actually be happy if they stayed pure.
    Same. Most people are saying they want/predict Chespin's evo(s) to be Grass-Dark and Fennekin's evo(s) to be Fire-Psychic but I really don't like them that way, just how I'm looking at the starters. I would like both of them to be pure all the way, but I quite like the idea of Froakie's evo being an Ice or Fighting-Type...
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Does the new post on the news feed on the home page indicate that the starting evolutions are pure? or their whole lines will be pure?
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

I hope they don't. I prefer dual types and we already had 2 generations with the starters being one type.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I'm fairly certain that the final evolutions will be:

Fire/Psychic
    Water/Fighting
    Grass/Dark

I predict this for two reasons

- Mr. Masuda himself has previously said that giving the starters the type trio flighting, dark and psychic on top of the traditional type trio would make things very interesting and would greatly help balancing out their traditional type weaknesses.

- The trailer shows each pokemon using their traditional type of move and then an extra move. This wasn't done for fun..It looks like Chespin is using night slash and Fennekin is using Psywave. It's harder to tell with Froakie but that move looks like a close combat to me..

These are the types i'm hoping for because having another layer added to the trio would definitely make things a lot more interesting..
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Does the new post on the news feed on the home page indicate that the starting evolutions are pure? or their whole lines will be pure?
    Just the starters so far. Whole lines could go anywhere with typing.

This is the direction I'd like to see Fennekin head with its evolutions. Just, you know, replace the wings with fire.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Just the staters are pure types. 'Course some of the evolutions could be revealed to be pure types as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the final evolutions will be:

Fire/Psychic
    Water/Fighting
    Grass/Dark

I predict this for two reasons

- Mr. Masuda himself has previously said that giving the starters the type trio flighting, dark and psychic on top of the traditional type trio would make things very interesting and would greatly help balancing out their traditional type weaknesses.

- The trailer shows each pokemon using their traditional type of move and then an extra move. This wasn't done for fun..It looks like Chespin is using night slash and Fennekin is using Psywave. It's harder to tell with Froakie but that move looks like a close combat to me..

These are the types i'm hoping for because having another layer added to the trio would definitely make things a lot more interesting..
    I hope they are those Types, but Chespin is using Arial Ace and Froakie is most likely using Acrobatics. Fennekin is using Psywave or Psychic.

D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Same. Most people are saying they want/predict Chespin's evo(s) to be Grass-Dark and Fennekin's evo(s) to be Fire-Psychic but I really don't like them that way, just how I'm looking at the starters. I would like both of them to be pure all the way, but I quite like the idea of Froakie's evo being an Ice or Fighting-Type...
    I dislike pure starters because it's too bland and not very creative.

And it does screw with the Pokémon distribution, because the less Pokémon Gamefreak is giving us a generation, then the less options for a particular type. I have a feeling this generation, we're going to see very few dragon types if any.

Why not have dual typed Pokémon, and kill two types with one Pokémon?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Would that be Water/Fighting.
    FCs
    White: 1808 0899 9334
    Whtie2: 3225 4503 3165

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I dislike pure starters because it's too bland and not very creative.

And it does screw with the Pokémon distribution, because the less Pokémon Gamefreak is giving us a generation, then the less options for a particular type. I have a feeling this generation, we're going to see very few dragon types if any.

Because when it affects the Pokémons appearence I get a little sad.

I don't think I like any pokemon that's been turned into a fighting one for example.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Just the starters so far. Whole lines could go anywhere with typing.

This is the direction I'd like to see Fennekin head with its evolutions. Just, you know, replace the wings with fire.
    Let me understand are you expecting fennekin to gain a bat head and fire wings?

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=32820658

I would love this for Froakie. The other two are okay as well.
    (Hope this has not been posted before.)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Agreed. More new dual types and more dual type Pokémon period are more interesting in general and make them more versatile.

-_-
    Doesn't need to gain a bat head. It has a very canine-like head already.
    And yes, is it to far-fetched to expect it to sprout bat wings? Charmander certainly doesn't appear to be a Flying type, but come Charizard and you're like, "Ohhh, awesome!"
    Hat by wolfy.

Because when it affects the Pokémons appearence I get a little sad.

I don't think I like any pokemon that's been turned into a fighting one for example.
    I guess that's legitimate concern.

I can see why one would dislike the starters appearance changing to reflect a type but I'm not sure it's pure typing equivalent would look any better.

Like Fennekin, who knows what it might like if it was dual typed, but if it was pure type, I'm not sure a fairly large fox monster is very inspiring.

But whatever happens, happens.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibikei View Post

Oh I like all of them Except perhaps the teeth on the evolved Chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    -_-
    Doesn't need to gain a bat head. It has a very canine-like head already.
    And yes, is it to far-fetched to expect it to sprout bat wings? Charmander certainly doesn't appear to be a Flying type, but come Charizard and you're like, "Ohhh, awesome!"
    But charmender is a lizard and charizard is a dragon in design.. And you you know actually dragons are giant flying lizards.. So yeah it could fit.. But a flying fox is hard to believe..Maybe it could fly if its ears keep growing, I mean something like dumbo..XD

But charmender is a lizard and charizard is a dragon in design.. And you you know actually dragons are giant flying lizards.. So yeah it could fit.. But a flying fox is hard to believe..Maybe it could fly if its ears keep growing, I mean something like dumbo..XD
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteropus Is actually called "Flying Fox" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tibikei View Post

All of those evos are beast! I love the Chespin one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Agreed. More new dual types and more dual type Pokémon period are more interesting in general and make them more versatile.
    Don't get me wrong, I think that Dual-types are good too is just I don't wanna see Chespin turn into a Dark-Type. Since he's my favourite I just can't see that cute little face turn evil :O
    And for Fennekin, I don't want it to be a Psychic-Type because otherwise what's the point of Victini? Victini's suppsoed to be an original and if Fennekin does turn out that way, you're pretty much having Victini for your starter (sort of :L).
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

I think Fennekin is going to be pure fire much like both Ninetails and Typhlosion which are pure fire types with access to the psychic move extrasensory, Chespin's legs remind me of Sandslash and he could evolve into a grass/ground type like Turtwig in my opinion.
    My friend safari has Throh, Meditite, and Breloom.
    Self obtained trophy shines: Marowak, Pansear, Florges, Delphox, Gastrodon, Beautifly, accidentally killed shiny Wingull in horde
    want: specific events/shinies
    Black 2 Friend Code: 0347 8098 0190/3DS Friend Code: 0001 3822 0348
    Top 10 Favorite games - Metalgear 3 subsistence, Disgaea aod, Megaman X4, Pokemon Blue, Strange Journey, shin megami tensei ii, Ratchet&Clank Dl, Persona 3p, Metroid prime 2, Zelda Oot.
    Self hatched Shinies : Kecleon
    Adamant iv 31/31/31/31/21/26 Protean

"Bats of the genus Pteropus, belonging to the megabat suborder, Megachiroptera, are the largest bats in the world".
    Cat fishes are not cats and flying foxes are not foxes regardless of their names...

I was going to tell you to Google "flying fox", but Unwashedfox did the honors.

Just telling you what I'm dreaming of. Everyone's so hooked on a Fire/Psychic typing, but I personally think a Fire/Flying bat would be da bomb-diggity.
    That purple attack in the trailer? Some soundwave-based move like Supersonic.
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 159 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092591159 ... LastLast