View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 160 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102601160 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    All of those evos are beast! I love the Chespin one!

Don't get me wrong, I think that Dual-types are good too is just I don't wanna see Chespin turn into a Dark-Type. Since he's my favourite I just can't see that cute little face turn evil :O
    And for Fennekin, I don't want it to be a Psychic-Type because otherwise what's the point of Victini? Victini's suppsoed to be an original and if Fennekin does turn out that way, you're pretty much having Victini for your starter (sort of :L).
    with that logic charizard ho oh and moltres are all the same pokemon.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Good to see my expectations of pure starters come true. I don't think anyone was guessing dual-typed starters anyway.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    "Bats of the genus Pteropus, belonging to the megabat suborder, Megachiroptera, are the largest bats in the world".
    Cat fishes are not cats and flying foxes are not foxes regardless of their names...
    By that logic, lizards/salamanders are lizards/salamanders, and dragons are dragons, so there's no way Charmander could evolve into Charizard.
    Waaaaait...
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Good to see my expectations of pure starters come true. I don't think anyone was guessing dual-typed starters anyway.
    I was hoping, but not expecting dual typed basic stage starters.

Well Bulbasaur, another generation for you being the only unique basic stage starter.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    By that logic, lizards/salamanders are lizards/salamanders, and dragons are dragons, so there's no way Charmander could evolve into Charizard.
    Waaaaait...
    Dragons are giant Reptilian creatures.

"Bats of the genus Pteropus, belonging to the megabat suborder, Megachiroptera, are the largest bats in the world".
    Cat fishes are not cats and flying foxes are not foxes regardless of their names...
    Not talking about Fennekin because it's too late.

But you really don't expect a Pokémon that's based off a Catfish, to actually be a CAT fish?
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 14th January 2013 at 9:08 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Dragons are giant Reptilian creatures.
    That don't exist either way.
    Flying foxes are megabats. Yes. That's all well and good. But they are given that nickname because they have blatantly canid features, and look a helluva lot like foxes with bat wings.
    So dragons are giant flying lizards.
    Megabats are giant flying foxes.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 14th January 2013 at 9:15 PM.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Now is that confirmation that their evolutionary lines are pure typing or merely that their first forms are?

Quote Originally Posted by Croze View Post
    I think Fennekin is going to be pure fire much like both Ninetails and Typhlosion which are pure fire types with access to the psychic move extrasensory, Chespin's legs remind me of Sandslash and he could evolve into a grass/ground type like Turtwig in my opinion.
    I originally thought that Chespin would become a Ground-Type too.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    with that logic charizard ho oh and moltres are all the same pokemon.
    Yes but Fire-Flying Types are predictable, where as I don't think anyone expected a Fire-Psychic for Victini? I just think that that's an original combo and shouldn't be wasted on a starter (I'm pretty much only saying this **** because I want Fennekin to stay pur too. I'd actually prefer if Fennekin became a Flying-Type more than a Psychic-Type).
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Waaaaait...
    The problem is that charizard is still based on a lizard with reference to dragons, which come from lizard.. Fennekin is based on a fennec fox and there's no way imo that a fennec fox could become a bat---> totally different species!! Have you thought that maybe those bats are not called flying foxes in japanese??The latin name is the actual name, all the other changes from country to country..

It's closer to a Fox then a Pokémon will ever be tho ^^

The problem is that charizard is still based on a lizard with reference to dragons, which come from lizard.. Fennekin is based on a fennec fox and there's no way imo that a fennec fox could become a bat---> totally different species!! Have you thought that maybe those bats are not called flying foxes in japanese??The latin name is the actual name, all the other changes from country to country..
    It's just one way they could go if they want to make Fennekin a Fire/flying, that's all

But a Japanese person can look at a Pteropus and say, "Oh, hey, a fox that can fly!"
    Look, if Charizard is "based on a lizard with reference to dragons", then there's no reason Fennekin's final evo couldn't be "based on a fox with reference to flying foxes". Solves the "totally different species" conundrum you have. I'll remind you again that dragons are a nonexistant species.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwashedfox View Post
    It's closer to a Fox then a Pokémon will ever be tho ^^
    Ta ta ta ta ta ta ta... Congratulations!!! Your vulpix has evolved into Golbat.. -.-

Golbat looks nothing like a real bat. Real bats look like dogs with wings.
    Or fennec foxes. With wings.
    Hat by wolfy.

But a Japanese person can look at a Pteropus and say, "Oh, hey, a fox that can fly!"
    Look, if Charizard is "based on a lizard with reference to dragons", then there's no reason Fennekin's final evo couldn't be "based on a fox with reference to flying foxes". Solves the "totally different species" conundrum you have. I'll remind you again that dragons are a nonexistant species.
    Actually it doesn't solve anything because dragons (which in imaginary) come from lizards and bats don't come from foxes (before you answer there's no imaginary about flying batlooking foxes)..

Haha. I'm glad I prepared for the worst happening. I'm not mad or sad at all, but I am wondering about the other people who wanted dual types......

Why are you guys fighting over this? Pokémon aren't animals, they can evolve into anything. D:

Meh. Anyways, I hope that Fennekin stays on all four. It would be the first Starter that's not Grass to be like that (unless Swampert and Typhlosion counts..?)
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Mangrove View Post
    Now is that confirmation that their evolutionary lines are pure typing or merely that their first forms are?
    Only the starters, not their evolutions.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Actually it doesn't solve anything because dragons (which in imaginary) come from lizards and bats don't come from foxes (before you answer there's no imaginary about flying batlooking foxes)..
    Well, it's a good thing Pokemon are imaginary, then. Cos I'm quite hopeful for Fennekin's evo to go all "flying fox". ;D
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Haha. I'm glad I prepared for the worst happening. I'm not mad or sad at all, but I am wondering about the other people who wanted dual types......
    Your sig makes Fennekin look strange with it's big head next to cute little vulpix

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Why are you guys fighting over this? Pokémon aren't animals, they can evolve into anything. D:

Meh. Anyways, I hope that Fennekin stays on all four. It would be the first Starter that's not Grass to be like that (unless Swampert and Typhlosion counts..?)
    Yea, I'm hoping that it does as well. I wouldn't like the idea of it standing up. D: But, if it happens, I'd get used to it overtime. Or I might even love it upon first sight.

What in the hell would a flying bat-looking fox look like?

No seriously that's just sounds like a confusing pile of confusion, right there.

But again it's too late for Fennekin, but I could totally see a Fox Bat Pokémon in the future.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Golbat looks nothing like a real bat. Real bats look like dogs with wings.
    Or fennec foxes. With wings.
    I could see bats looking like flying mouses, but I swear batdogs are not even in my imagination..
    Come on guys Fennekin could become a flying type, other pokemon did, but please try to stay with your foot on earth.. it will never become batlike!!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    True, how else can you have a group of eggs become a coconut tree.

Don't get me wrong though, I love Exeggutor.
    Last edited by german suplex; 14th January 2013 at 9:26 PM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mariana_Fruit_Bat.jpg That looks alot more fox like (mouth etc) then some rat/mouse

Just the starters so far. Whole lines could go anywhere with typing.

This is the direction I'd like to see Fennekin head with its evolutions. Just, you know, replace the wings with fire.
    I would just like to say that I never thought of this, that I officially love you, and that this has renewed my love of the fire/flying fox idea, which until now was being drowned out by my ambivalence toward the fire/psychic fox idea.

And really, I don't see why making reference to flying foxes would be so bad. Hedge, you wouldn't even really have to make any major changes to most of the Fennekin fake-evo designs past tossing some flaming wings on them. It could work.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Page 160 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102601160 ... LastLast