View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 162 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 621121521581591601611621631641651661722122621162 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Why are there still some people on here that think that because their first evolutions are pure typing, that they won't evolve with a secondary type?
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Checking out evo speculations on deviantart, found some pretty good Flying Fennekin.

http://sketchi.deviantart.com/art/fe...evos-347526882

I don't think I'd be able to find fault with that final evo.
    I have one word to say to you. Epic. Although I don't think Fennekin's evo really suits blue, I mean it was a complete colour pallet change...
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

One problem I have with all of Chespin's fake evos is that none really seem to elaborate on his tail. It could be nothing, but its unique coloration says to me that it'll become more significant as it evolves, perhaps similar to Oshawott's scalchop.

Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    You miss my point dude.
    I thought your point was Pokémon evolutions that don't make sense.

Like Remoraid and Octillery.

If that wasn't your point then clearly I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    Originally I was happy about the starters being 100% pure typing, but now i'm slightly sad about it...specially fennekin.

I wanted it to be Fire/psychic. ;;.

Oh well. Atleast we don't get another Fire/Fighting.
    doesn't mean they won't evolve at the second or third stages, bulbasaur was the only one to start with his secondary typing, so as others said don't worry I have a strong feeling at least one will get secondary typing! and some mono types are actually quite good, sceptile arcanine and feraligatr just to name a few.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Are people seriously confusing confirmation of the starters' types with confirmation of the starters' evolutions' types?

Really?

Yeah, I like the idea of bird wings on Fennekin, too. Could easily happen considering how light and graceful Fennekin is.

Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    One problem I have with all of Chespin's fake evos is that none really seem to elaborate on his tail. It could be nothing, but its unique coloration says to me that it'll become more significant as it evolves, perhaps similar to Oshawott's scalchop.
    That and its "hat", of course.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Is redundant for Nintendo to say that they are fire, water and grass respectively. Unless they mean that their evolutions will be too. Which I don't think is the case.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    That and its "hat", of course.
    Chespin's hat/crown thing is the best part about him.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Is redundant for Nintendo to say that they are fire, water and grass respectively. Unless they mean that their evolutions will be too. Which I don't think is the case.
    Not really cause there could've been the chance they were dual typed, they just wanted absolute confirmation, I guess, in case people genuinely believed that weren't grass, fire or water types.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Interesting. I'd say Chespin and Froakie would have Tackle or Pound, but Fennekin would get Scratch. She seems to fragile to learn anything else.
    I really hadn't thought of Fennekin using Scratch really. It seems possible once I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I thought your point was Pokémon evolutions that don't make sense.

Like Remoraid and Octillery.

If that wasn't your point then clearly I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    My point is, Pokemon evolutions are unpredictable. Without knowing Exeggcute evolves into Exeggutor, you wouldn't guess that they are actually based off seeds would ya? Wait, nevermind you're right I'm just tired, sorry.

Back to topic,

Agreed, Sugimori evidently makes it stand out. Chespin could bloom flowers on his tail for all we know.

And now I just have this image of Chespin's evo having a tail coated in blossoms...
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Chespin could bloom flowers on his tail for all we know.
    If Chespin's tail bloomed flowers I know that I'd lose all respect in him. I mean, I see him as a friendly young boy Pokemon, and with flowers blooming on his tail I'd see him as a floral loving female Pokemon. I'm not trying to be, what's that word when you're judging someone by their sex? I don't know but I'm not trying to do that. It's just how I see Chespin, and that'd ruin his whole character IMO.

You guys want Fennekin to look like a Firamon from Digimon. I do not. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Firamon_b.png

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    You guys want Fennekin to look like a Firamon from Digimon. I do not. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Firamon_b.png
    I certainly don't want Fennekin to look like that thing.

Wow, I just realized I've been talking on here for over 2 hours. I suddenly feel as though I have no life...

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    If Chespin's tail bloomed flowers I know that I'd lose all respect in him. I mean, I see him as a friendly young boy Pokemon, and with flowers blooming on his tail I'd see him as a floral loving female Pokemon. I'm not trying to be, what's that word when you're judging someone by their sex? I don't know but I'm not trying to do that. It's just how I see Chespin, and that'd ruin his whole character IMO.
    Venusaur has a giant flower on his back but that doesn't bother him being a badass. I think it would be cool to see how they implement their final evos. October couldn't come sooner.

Anyone knows cryogenic possible yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    We don't want him to be like Firamon. At least I don't. More like...

Cross Kyuubimon with Devidramon and make it pokemony, sorta, kinda.

I really don't know how to compare it because what's in my head looks nothing like Firamon, it looks more like one of the Fennekin evos someone posted way back, but with flaming wings. Very fox-like, very shinto-mythic, but still very aerodynamic and graceful.

There's a Chinese fold-tale I've read that was about a fox who turned into a young girl and tricked a man into marrying her by promising him that by helping him study, he could marry her. In the end, he didn't find out she was a fox until he stepped on her tail and she turned back to her original form. She hid her tail under her robe usually.

I'm not sure if that could be a final evolution, but it could be interesting to see Fennekin trying to hid it's tail. I hope it wouldn't be too humanoid though, because the rule 34 that would follow would invade google images.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    There's a Chinese fold-tale I've read that was about a fox who turned into a young girl and tricked a man into marrying her by promising him that by helping him study, he could marry her. In the end, he didn't find out she was a fox until he stepped on her tail and she turned back to her original form. She hid her tail under her robe usually.

I'm not sure if that could be a final evolution, but it could be interesting to see Fennekin trying to hid it's tail. I hope it wouldn't be too humanoid though, because the rule 34 that would follow would invade google images.
    Yes, I know whatcha mean......Lopunny. (-_-) But, that's an interesting folk tale.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 14th January 2013 at 10:28 PM.

When I realized they had the typings on the site, I got all happy. But then I remembered it was the typing of only the first forms, which are almost always pure types. Oh well. Seems like we got nowhere new...

And also, at the poll, Chespin made a comeback. Feel kinda sorry for poor Froakie, though. But, none ofthem comes close to Fennekin. He clearly is the hyped starter of this generation. Let's all hope he doesn't go bipedal on us... And double hope he doesn't get a fighting typing... The poll results would change A LOT if that was the case!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Awww, you think her being non-humanoid would help...

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Awww, you think her being non-humanoid would help...
    Yea NOTHING stops rule 34 NOTHING
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Hasnt something similar been done by Ninetales in Johto? It knew Psychic and created illusions to get Brock to stay with it as it looked like its old trainer.

The news of the typing didn't do much. Except bring my hype down.Now I KNOW the news will come slowly. :\
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Page 162 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 621121521581591601611621631641651661722122621162 ... LastLast