View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 170 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 701201601661671681691701711721731741802202701170 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I'm talking just about how the designs were creative. And that's not just because there were no previous ones to compete with. When I look at 1st gen pokemon, I can see that they made a concerted effort to make them. You got me on Dugtrio and Magneton, but aside from that I think that the other 148 are pretty sweet.
    Your kind is annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    Your kind is annoying...
    What kind is that? I'm not saying that only the first 250 or so are the only good ones. There are a lot of newer ones like Lucario, Turtwig, Hippopatas, a lot of the 4th gen evolutions for older pokemon like Rhydon and Gliscor and Pilswine, Lillipup, Tympole.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Not to worry, Watchog (I love your work in the Unova region, btw). He's not an OG 151 elitist. The dude actually legitimately cares.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I'm talking just about how the designs were creative. And that's not just because there were no previous ones to compete with. When I look at 1st gen pokemon, I can see that they made a concerted effort to make them. You got me on Dugtrio and Magneton, but aside from that I think that the other 148 are pretty sweet.
    Eh I agree with this guy. Gen 1 and Gen 2 had *some* effortless looking Pokes in terms of design; not trying hard like Digimon but still pretty sweet designs (starters, Vulpix) but the rest look like regular animals... I think Gen 3 had the great balance of effortless and creativeness in terms of Poke designs though

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    Your kind is annoying...
    This is a speculation thread. Speculate or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    And I have problem with Serperior's design too. What the hell is the deal with those stubby hand thingies hanging from way too high from where arms should naturally protrude and then they are way too small too.

I hope they don't make any obvious design flaws like this with the starters this time.
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.... Your basing everything off of the Design?

In fact, why are we discussing design of the past Gen starters here? this is a Speculation thread!

No Minimodding intended.

With that aside, I shall make my Gen II ----> Gen VI Point once again. I'm hoping the starters are all pure because BW was suppose to be a New Beginning, so then the Second Gen would have aspects brought back (and hopefully the pokeathelon, but that's besides the point) which could mean that the Full Form starters are All Pure. but I could be wrong. I just hope Fennekin doesn't have a secondary typing. Ninetales is pure fire but knows Psychic-type moves.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

What kind is that? I'm not saying that only the first 250 or so are the only good ones. There are a lot of newer ones like Lucario, Turtwig, Hippopatas, a lot of the 4th gen evolutions for older pokemon like Rhydon and Gliscor and Pilswine, Lillipup, Tympole.
    i understand being in collage too man, I'm lucky I got a work-study job (so expecting 6th gen within the next 3 years I bought a 3ds) and since I work hard In class i tend to finsh my homework early so during week days and during the day on weekends I have time to enjoy pokemon while still having a life.

I have to say I like 70% at-least of any given generation, It's generally more than that buuut I'm not a fan of strange pokemon like sygiliph.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Who doesn't base everything off of the design? Competitive battlers? They don't know how to have fun.

I, personally, take nothing into account nothing BUT design when selecting members for my team.
    Hat by wolfy.

"1st Gen original 150 are classics."

"When I look at 1st gen pokemon, I can see that they made a concerted effort to make them. You got me on Dugtrio and Magneton, but aside from that I think that the other 148 are pretty sweet."
    Mew don't cry.
    He didn't remember you, but I always remember.
    Last edited by DarkManager; 15th January 2013 at 5:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.... Your basing everything off of the Design?

In fact, why are we discussing design of the past Gen starters here? this is a Speculation thread!

No Minimodding intended.

With that aside, I shall make my Gen II ----> Gen VI Point once again. I'm hoping the starters are all pure because BW was suppose to be a New Beginning, so then the Second Gen would have aspects brought back (and hopefully the pokeathelon, but that's besides the point) which could mean that the Full Form starters are All Pure. but I could be wrong. I just hope Fennekin doesn't have a secondary typing. Ninetales is pure fire but knows Psychic-type moves.
    Because as human beings we like to see patterns in things even of there isn't one...

Besides designs of the past gen pokemon is the only thing we have got going in terms of what to base our speculations on at this point. So there's that.

Ninetales is one of the reasons I don't want Fennekin to remain pure fire. We do not really need another pure fire type fox with a dominant psychic move-pool.

So the starters are just gonna be pure?
    Maaaan...
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Maaaan...
    the base forms are. we don't know yet if they will gain secondary type upon evolution.

the base forms are. we don't know yet if they will gain secondary type upon evolution.
    Anyone could've predicted that the base forms would be pure.
    I don't see why that would be worthy of an early announcement.
    <<R.I.P.

When it comes to me judging games, it's a mix of pokemon design and plot. In the case of gen I-III, it's was very design based for me. Crystal was my first game, so I had access to two regions and almost two generation of pokemon to experience with. For plot, it was very simple: Team Rocket stealing pokemon and committing crimes. It was good enough for my ten year old self. Gen III was the best in my opinion because the pokemon were well designed, new type combos were introduced (fighting/psychic, steel/psychic, etc.), the towns were interesting to visit (the floating town, the treehouse town...) and the storyline was different than the usual format. Gen IV was meh for me. It was a very bland experience for me. Team Galactic's plan didn't impress me nor did the pokemon designs stood out too much. I think the only reason why I went through with gen IV was because of HGSS, which was was pretty well made remake compared to Firered/Leafgreen. Gen V was a mixed bag. There were lots of pokemon designs I liked, but there were also a bunch I didn't like. It was the storyline that made me a fan of Black and White because Nintendo made you question if it was right to have pokemon under your command.

I can't say too much about XY because all we have for now are designs. We don't even know the gist of the plot. To speculate pokemon by looks is the best we can do at this point. I don't like to base games too much by starters because they're only a part of 100 new species of that generation. I'll just wait for Nintendo to leak out new information if they decide to for this generation.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Because as human beings we like to see patterns in things even of there isn't one...

Besides designs of the past gen pokemon is the only thing we have got going in terms of what to base our speculations on at this point. So there's that.

Ninetales is one of the reasons I don't want Fennekin to remain pure fire. We do not really need another pure fire type fox with a dominant psychic move-pool.
    Ninetales can learn only 3 or 4 Special/Offensive Psychic moves... Probably even less... the majority of it's movepool is either Fire or Normal. it's completely okay to say that a pokemon that was Introduced in Gen I could be reincarnated into Gen 6 as a starter, seeing as though everyone loved Vulpix, but didn't really like Ninetales 5 learnable moves.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I just got into a heated argument with my sister over which Starter has the best design. She thinks Chespin and Froakie are better than Fennekin in that regard, which left me speechless. I mean I could understand liking Froakie's design more than Fennekin's, but Chespin's? It's so weird-looking that I didn't think my own flesh and blood would find it appealing. Anyway, she claims that Fennekin looks too much like Vulpix, which is such a tired argument to be honest. Why can't we appreciate a new Pokemon for what it has to offer instead of belittling it for looking too much like a previous Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I've actually been thinking about gen 5 being a new beginning as gen 1 was too for a while, and if gen 6 is meant to be the like gen 2 in some ways, I can see the legendaries be similar;
    Ho-Oh and Xerneas, both have colorful/rainbow patterns on them. Lugia and Yveltal, both powerful birds and look alike. But we'll have to wait to see about the starters being pure types, and I can already see a second type for Chespin and maybe Froakie.

In regards to possible second typings in upcoming evolutions.

I: Blastoise is odd one out.
    II: All Pokemon have just primary typing.
    III: Sceptile is odd one out.
    IV: All Pokemon have another type.
    V: Emboar is the only one to have another type.
    There is no apparent pattern, but any combination is possible.

The biggest trends with starters has been with fire types.

Charizard stats = Typhlosion stats; all additional fire starters up to Gen V develop Fighting second typing.

I feel that Fennekin will not follow the Fighting second typing, and may be more special based.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I just got into a heated argument with my sister over which Starter has the best design. She thinks Chespin and Froakie are better than Fennekin in that regard, which left me speechless. I mean I could understand liking Froakie's design more than Fennekin's, but Chespin's? It's so weird-looking that I didn't think my own flesh and blood would find it appealing. Anyway, she claims that Fennekin looks too much like Vulpix, which is such a tired argument to be honest. Why can't we appreciate a new Pokemon for what it has to offer instead of belittling it for looking too much like a previous Pokemon?
    I can see Chespin being popular with younger kids. How old is your sister?

Fennekin doesn't really remind me of Vulpix too much actually. Yeah they're both foxes, and Fennekin looks like a baby Ninetails, but we have no idea what it'll turn into. I always thought Vulpix and Ninetails were dogs. I think it was because of that one episode where Ninetails was a ghost in a mansion or something. And that Growlithe and Arcanine remind me of dogs as well, and that they were supposed to be like "brothers" ya know. Being the version exclusive and also having similar evolutions requirements.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    When it comes to me judging games, it's a mix of pokemon design and plot. In the case of gen I-III, it's was very design based for me. Crystal was my first game, so I had access to two regions and almost two generation of pokemon to experience with. For plot, it was very simple: Team Rocket stealing pokemon and committing crimes. It was good enough for my ten year old self. Gen III was the best in my opinion because the pokemon were well designed, new type combos were introduced (fighting/psychic, steel/psychic, etc.), the towns were interesting to visit (the floating town, the treehouse town...) and the storyline was different than the usual format. Gen IV was meh for me. It was a very bland experience for me. Team Galactic's plan didn't impress me nor did the pokemon designs stood out too much. I think the only reason why I went through with gen IV was because of HGSS, which was was pretty well made remake compared to Firered/Leafgreen. Gen V was a mixed bag. There were lots of pokemon designs I liked, but there were also a bunch I didn't like. It was the storyline that made me a fan of Black and White because Nintendo made you question if it was right to have pokemon under your command.

I can't say too much about XY because all we have for now are designs. We don't even know the gist of the plot. To speculate pokemon by looks is the best we can do at this point. I don't like to base games too much by starters because they're only a part of 100 new species of that generation. I'll just wait for Nintendo to leak out new information if they decide to for this generation.
    I like this post a lot.
    I kinda hope the Gen6 goes further into the 'mixed bag' that you described Black and White/2 as. I wanna think Gen5 as a learning experience; the moralistic storyline was a standout trait, the surprise of a numbered sequel was (until I got to the Black Kyurem part) well received, they made very noticeable changes to the graphics to give a more 3D look, though they were far from perfect, the rather unusual Pokemon concepts gained mixed reviews (though I also feel it's due to the fact that you had no choice but to use them in BW1), and I like the way they made 3-on-3 battles, especially Rotation Battles.
    I bet that's the reason why GenVI is coming out so soon, so they can take what they learned from GenV and apply it without wasting time on another major game. I expect nothing less than the most enhanced Pokemon games yet.
    <<R.I.P.

Fennekin looks better than Vulpix.That's that.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Anyone could've predicted that the base forms would be pure.
    I don't see why that would be worthy of an early announcement.
    Because it certainly wouldn't be worthy of an announcement, say, a few months from now.
    Hat by wolfy.

Samurott's design still confuses me. It looks like it's highly uncomfortable standing on its hind legs. It's like when my dog stands on her hind legs. You know she can only stand like that for half a minute or so, and you can obviously tell that it is not natural for her to do that. Same with samurott. It needs to stand on its hind legs to use its katana thingies, and it looks unnatural doing so.

And I have problem with Serperior's design too. What the hell is the deal with those stubby hand thingies hanging from way too high from where arms should naturally protrude and then they are way too small too.

I hope they don't make any obvious design flaws like this with the starters this time.
    I wouldn't go as far as when a dog tries to walk truthfully, at the very least I think it's sturdy enough to not fall over with a small poke.

The impression I got with Serperior was that it was supposed to have that back hand grab that most smug characters do to accentuate it's stuck up personality, kind of like this: http://www.gamehiker.com/wiki/images...150px-Adam.jpg

Maaaan...
    Only the base starters are confirmed, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    In regards to possible second typings in upcoming evolutions.

I: Blastoise is odd one out.
    II: All Pokemon have just primary typing.
    III: Sceptile is odd one out.
    IV: All Pokemon have another type.
    V: Emboar is the only one to have another type.
    There is no apparent pattern, but any combination is possible.

The biggest trends with starters has been with fire types.

Charizard stats = Typhlosion stats; all additional fire starters up to Gen V develop Fighting second typing.

I feel that Fennekin will not follow the Fighting second typing, and may be more special based.
    I want the common grass-starter trend of being a speed ***** being traded to someone else.
    Specifically Fennekin. Not just because I like it, but I don't see a frog moving as fast as a ninja.
    <<R.I.P.

EVERYONE REMEMBER NINTENDO CONFIRMED ALL STARTERS ARE 1 TYPE!!! Not fighting fire fennekin etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    I've actually been thinking about gen 5 being a new beginning as gen 1 was too for a while, and if gen 6 is meant to be the like gen 2 in some ways, I can see the legendaries be similar;
    Ho-Oh and Xerneas, both have colorful/rainbow patterns on them. Lugia and Yveltal, both powerful birds and look alike. But we'll have to wait to see about the starters being pure types, and I can already see a second type for Chespin and maybe Froakie.
    If chespin is based off what I think it's based off of, then I think it could go pure. But, if it had to have a a second type, then I would go either Steel or Dark, considering the areas in which the Grass Helmet could become Metal with Vines around it. If I was any good at drawing, I would try and Illustrate that.

As for froakie, it seems to be popular with Water/Fighting, but I'm not so sure. it seems like a /dark type, because we don't need another Grass/Dark, we have Shiftry. But, it would be easier to understand if we had a rough sketch of the secondary evos. No types, just rough sketches.

Everything else I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post
    Fennekin looks better than Vulpix.That's that.
    Depends on if your a genwunner or not, but what you see is what you see, I guess.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Page 170 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 701201601661671681691701711721731741802202701170 ... LastLast